It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bet None of You Can Be Hypnotized: That's Why You're Here.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Indeed objective people and people that are open minded will be harder to hypnotize. The procedure requires you to believe into hypnotism in order for you to be suggestive this is why often they will use tricks to trick you into believing into it before starting the show... Once enough people come to see you the size of the masses has his own effect in enforcing the belief of the hypnotist being all "powerful" so such conditioning might not be required.

A common trick was brand of gum that really hot I don't remember the brand name you would unwrap one and put it in your mouth and make a ball with the paper making sure the interior was sticking out the goal was to have someone hold it in their hands while you'll tell them "Its becoming hot... hotter....hotter..." the "hot" powder on the paper would start stinging their sweaty palm and it fooled them into believing into it.

The hypnotist then chose the ones that has the most "shocked" reactions knowing they will be easy to pull under.

Being free thinkers we're not bounded or easily fooled like this hence we are naturally immune.
edit on 11-5-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_
Indeed objective people and people that are open minded will be harder to hypnotize. The procedure requires you to believe into hypnotism in order for you to be suggestive this is why often they will use tricks to trick you into believing into it before starting the show... Once enough people come to see you the size of the masses has his own effect in enforcing the belief of the hypnotist being all "powerful" so such conditioning might not be required.

A common trick was brand of gum that really hot I don't remember the brand name you would unwrap one and put it in your mouth and make a ball with the paper making sure the interior was sticking out the goal was to have someone hold it in their hands while you'll tell them "Its becoming hot... hotter....hotter..." the "hot" powder on the paper would start stinging their sweaty palm and it fooled them into believing into it.

The hypnotist then chose the ones that has the most "shocked" reactions knowing they will be easy to pull under.

Being free thinkers we're not bounded or easily fooled like this hence we are naturally immune.
edit on 11-5-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

Its funny because this is complete nonsense...

A hypnotist (myself) will do a tester with volunteers from an audience, the reason being, is to find the quickest people in the audience when it comes to hypnosis.

The tester enables you to select the faster people to hypnotise, it does not matter who you are, where you are from or anything else. Anyone can be hypnotised yet others might take longer than others.

The more intelligent a person is, the easier it is and the less intelligent they are, the harder it is.

If you are doing a show, you want to find the easiest route possible as you do not want an audience waiting any longer than needed to put anyone or a group under than needed because it is boring for others to watch.

I just am baffled at the sheer garbage I read on this site these days by people who have no idea or experience in the slightest when it comes to what the topic is about.

I have even provided proof in this very thread for anyone that does not believe this or suggests otherwise yet the same garbage is posted.

It is also worth mentioning (yet again) it is not hypnotists you have to think about, it is the fact that, we as a species are so easily influenced by other peoples will that is the worry.

What is really going on when it comes to your or my version of reality?

When it comes to the influence of the big shots who call the shots and they fully understand what makes us all tick.

I wish I could reach out and grab a hold of some people in this thread and others and scream "WAKE UP!"

Just think about it for a few minutes.
edit on 11-5-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh boy, you're wrong. I went through hypnosis at work and I went deep. I don't remember a thing and have no idea what went on. It started with a group of us and all I know was I went under the fastest and some didn't go under at all. The next session, they only called me. Then the next. Each time it was like I went in, sat down, and woke up with total time/memory loss and I am STILL paranoid about those sessions to this day.

It was supposed to be stress reduction sessions. I have no idea what they were doing to me though. :/

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Oh boy, you're wrong. I went through hypnosis at work and I went deep. I don't remember a thing and have no idea what went on. It started with a group of us and all I know was I went under the fastest and some didn't go under at all. The next session, they only called me. Then the next. Each time it was like I went in, sat down, and woke up with total time/memory loss and I am STILL paranoid about those sessions to this day.

It was supposed to be stress reduction sessions. I have no idea what they were doing to me though. :/

After any period of hypnosis you will experience amnesia which is perfectly normal.

Most people will remember it the following day.

If you do not remember it after this either you have been at the hands of an idiot who did not know what he was doing (US based as the US has bad laws or in other words, no laws) or you were told to forget it.

I am from the UK which is stricter than most with hypnosis laws, I stick to them.

The UK adopted stricter laws after Paul McKenna hypnotised a gentleman that came out of hypnosis with schizophrenia a few weeks after it. There was a court case and it was found that the man had this illness although it was dormant before the hypnosis session. They found this out by testing patients with an without the illness among other things.

This nearly ruined the guys career and is the cause of the stricter laws but ultimately it resulted in a disclaimer before each show that any hypnotist must give before a show and stricter laws etc in the UK

In my opinion this is a good thing because it means that you can state the good and bad before a show instead of simply hypnotising anyone in a room, Although a lot of old school guys cheat at the challenge.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yeah, it bugs me. I have no idea what those sessions really were and I have absolutely no memory of what went on. I worked for the govt at the time - at first I was called to go to the sessions with part of a larger group, but after the first time, it was always just me. The hypnotist was a psychologist that was not part of our staff, she was doing some sort of research.
At the time - it was 20 years ago? I didn't even think of such things as conspiracy and was maybe too trusting. Now I'm paranoid and it freaks me out even thinking about it. I remember each time I'd come to I'd feel very, very embarrassed.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Yeah, it bugs me. I have no idea what those sessions really were and I have absolutely no memory of what went on. I worked for the govt at the time - at first I was called to go to the sessions with part of a larger group, but after the first time, it was always just me. The hypnotist was a psychologist that was not part of our staff, she was doing some sort of research.
At the time - it was 20 years ago? I didn't even think of such things as conspiracy and was maybe too trusting. Now I'm paranoid and it freaks me out even thinking about it. I remember each time I'd come to I'd feel very, very embarrassed.

If you are serious in what you are saying.

Leave it alone, that is the best I can offer you if I can even offer advice on this one.

I am reluctant to believe you as my gut tells me this is not true. Do not take offence to that, its just my gut reaction.

I would rather be honest that lie to you if you get me.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm serious, but what else can I do but leave it alone?
But it does bug the crap out of me sometimes.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Sounds like you are writing my story. It never has worked. I worked in a bar in my brief stint in college and we had a hypnotist come around from time to time. I asked him to help me but he couldn't. Then I swung 180 degrees and was in a holy roller church for a while. Hmph, tuned out to be more of the same. I spent alot of time looking out of the corner of my eye at the others who were "actually under the power of the Holy Spirit". Whatever. Never really got that either. Back in show biz again. Still doesn't work.

Maybe it's because I've always been skeptical of anyone I didn't know. The same reason I drank Gin Martinis when I was on tour. Couldn't bear to drink'em fast, so, I kept my wits about me around some sketchy folks.
Saved my butt a number of times. But, that's a whooooole other story.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Looks like this is an older thread but I will state my experience anyway. I admit to only having read the first page.

I went to a hypnotist 10 years ago. It was supposed to be a 1 hour session, I left after 3 hours. After about an hour or so, in answer to a question about myself, I heard myself answer using the word 'she'. I immediately sat bolt upright and asked "What was that"? And was told that is what the hypnotist was looking for. She kept trying and the only results were my imagination at work as I was fully aware of everything at all points (even the 'she' answer to some degree).

I firmly disagree with the 'hypothesis' that you will not be hypnotized if you don't want to be hypnotized. I paid and wanted to be hypnotized. I think that is their excuse for failure in putting someone under.

I think some of us, at least myself, are very aware of our surroundings and what is happening and not really prone to pleasing and imagination. Maybe it has something to do with 'truth', in that someone must 'prove it' for you to accept it.

Now, on the other hand, in the 'in between' state of sleep and awake, I have heard voices that were outside myself and they also made me sit bolt upright immediately and ask 'What was that'?

I have also had some profound precognitive experiences in this state as well as sometimes in dreams (which are always remembered completely) if they are intended as needed information (usually warnings).

To the OP, if you are still around, I think this is and interesting theory that should be explored further.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join