It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bet None of You Can Be Hypnotized: That's Why You're Here.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sure I can be. Doesn't mean I can't choose to not obey.

Probably the real trick is to become one of the people whose internal watch dog can turn on when you're off.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Afraid I've been hypnotized- a few times- so deep I couldn't remember jack. Still scares me to think about it to this day- I didn't sign up for it- I was sent, at work, by my boss.

Hate to burst your theory.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The inability to be hypnotized is nothing to be proud of(Not saying you personally are proud of it). Anyone can be hypnotized except those with mental/physical problems, or a very low IQ. Trust issues can also cause a person to have a hard time relaxing and drifting into a light alpha state.

Once understood though, most normal people, and especially intelligent people, find it easy to enter trance, and gain great benefits from hypnosis or self hypnosis.

If you meditate on a regular basis, you have already experienced the same trance that hypnosis produces. The only difference is the purpose for going there.

ETA: The inability to be put into a light or heavy trance can also come from an inability to concentrate or focus. Which is not a good thing, and should be addressed. Sometimes medically.
edit on 11/30/2011 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
OP is correct about me.

I went up on stage for one of those hypnotist shows and was booted off for failing to go under.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've been to a professional hypnotist once and it felt like a really deep meditation more than anything else.

On a side note, I like the self-hypnosis MP3's at this site - I find they are good 'guided meditations' for me.
www.potentialsunlimited.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

It would take more than one person to bust my theory. I'd have to see a pattern or a majority of folks. No theory requires 100 percent participation in order for it to be true.

I think it makes sense that those of us who have not been brainwashed, those of us who "get" what's going on, have,, for some reason, or another, been able to escape the sheeple mentality.

It must have something to do with strength of will.

What else could account for it?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is a great post . I often thought about that but never had someone try it on me .. and any solo attempts via various book I've read have never had there desired meaning . I always thought it was because I was too lazy for full participation but now maybe I have this as an answer instead
Thanks!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Not true. I am a member. I am one hard headed SOB, I have little respect for authority of any kind, and mass marketing techniques have no effect on me. However I was deeply hypnotized three times while taking inbetween life regresion therapy. I think you need to realy want to be hypnotized for it to happen. Also the more creative you are the easier it is.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That is an interesting concept. Perhaps we are the sheep that won't stay put...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantazero

I agree too, you have to accept the idea. Even though a thought cannot be forgotten, it doesn't have to be accepted.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantazero

If that is true then 90+ % of the population must be very creative.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Perhaps All of physical reality is a form of hypnotic trance of
sense perception that we all take as being real that is no more real then a dream
and when you come out of the hypnotic trance of sense perception you wake up.
If that is the case then we are all under a hypnotic trance which we mistakenly call reality.

edit on 30-11-2011 by ELahrairah because: under a hypnotic spell of bad grammer

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Interesting. However if nothing is real and its just a ride. Why would we won't to feed the hungry and take care of the poor. They wouldn't be real either. So why go to all the trouble of fixing a problem that doesn't exist?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Well even if it all is an illusion there is no reason not to make it a better one for everyone.
Seeing that nothing is separate and that all life is one brings compassion and a desire to bring and end to suffering for all being who are trapped in the illusion.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

The strong willed are usually the easiest to hypnotize because they have good focus and concentration.

OP. Ever find yourself so focused on the TV that you didn't hear someone talking to you until they finally got your attention?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

You're being played. If you go to a stage hypnotist show, and you see him snap his fingers, and they say the magic words "You're a dog", and then the subject instantly turns into a "dog"... if you didn't question that up and down, then you're obviously "hypnotisable".

He just couldn't do it because "they" saw that you would "find out" if they did. That's all. If "they" want to control you remotely, whether they sell it to you as "stage hypnosis", or "mind control", or whatever they want to brand it they really don't need a "stage hypnotist" to do it. That's because it's really not the so-called "stage hypnotist", but there's something else that "they" use to pull it off

Have fun, suckers

edit on 30-11-2011 by MegaCurious because: clarifying my point

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well, first there is no such thing as everybody or nobody. "I Bet None of You"

I've seen plenty of peer-hypnotized sheeple on ATS.

Personally, no, I can't be hypnotized - group nor solo (skipping proof stories) - but I can self-hypnotize.

But, that doesn't explain why I'm into CT. I was brought into CT at the age of 14. Now, THAT might explain why I'm here. Or NOT.

There's also a sequence of events AND a few unusual personal gifts (apptitudes) that are the #1 most likely reason I am here.

Things aren't always that easy to pigeon-hole.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

One of my colleagues at work does magic as a hobby, and one of his "tricks" is stage hypnosis...

Ive volunteered four different times (at a couple of different work functions) and I just won't go under (even when I actually want to)...

He mentioned that it might be because I don't trust people easily... who knows?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

actually i've been hypnotised many timesmvia mp3, alos self hypnosis, and twice to a local hypnotist. quite easily.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by hadriana

It must have something to do with strength of will.

What else could account for it?

In my case it's both curiosity about what I'd miss, and refusal to hand over control of me to anyone else.

I did successfully self-hypnotize when suffering from back pain following a car accident. I began slowly, concentrating on putting my feet to sleep then my legs. I was just focusing on the waist level when my doorbell rang. I got up to answer it, but had not feeling in my lower limbs. I fell over and broke my foot!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join