It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Million + Sheeple On Strike Today In The UK - What Will It Change?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I am totally behind the strike action but IMO the strike will achieve absolutely nothing at all. TPTB have already told the sheeple this, they have said the strike will achieve nothing it will only hurt the economy. What the sheeple fail to understand is the mentality of the people they are striking against. Many of thr people dont realize that those in power are psychopaths, dko the sheeple really believe that these psychopaths are going to roll over because a couple of million go on strike?

The onky way to get what the people want IMO is to take those 2 million people on strike and go and arrsst those responsible for the mess we are in. And then demand a trail there and then, only shen tptb feel threatened do they take notice.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

Yeah i completely agree, why should people try to fight for their freedom and civil liberties, waste of time you ask me. They got no chance, should have just given up and entered the rat race again.

/sarcasm off

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

This is nothing about fighting for thier freedom, this is just about pensions. And i did say I was totally behind the move. Personally I think they should remain on strike indefinately until tptb change thier minds.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Sorry i was thrown off a little after you denounced their cause.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

If only one other person wakes up, isn’t that achieving something?
If we demonstrate the power of the people, isn’t that achieving something?
If we show that we know they are wrong, isn’t that achieving something?
If we are doing something that the media needs to lie about, isn’t that achieving something?
If we take it day by day until people are ready, isn’t that achieving something?
Revolution is a slow progress, but we will get there.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

This is nothing about fighting for thier freedom, this is just about pensions. And i did say I was totally behind the move. Personally I think they should remain on strike indefinately until tptb change thier minds.

I was talking about this with a colleague the other day. His opinion was that the public sector workers had a good deal over pensions, a lot better than those in the private sector.
However, I did have to point out to him that, like it or not, those employees had "contracts" of employment, stating their pension benefits. A contract, not a verbal agreement, and as such that was binding. If the government has plundered funds or allowed it to be squandered through bad fund management and risky investments, that matters not a jot. A contract is a contract, in law!
We seem to be able to pony up tens of £Billions for updated shiny nuclear weapons, which only a madman would ever use. We see week in and week out wasted money on pointless government sponsored projects and ill conceived contracts, that cost the taxpayer enormously and produce little of benefit. We see the government promising to borrow more £Billions to prop up foreign states and a currency system which we are not a part of. Is this the fault of the workers? Of course not, so why should they see their contracted benefits suffer!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Then I think this is our duty to inform and help those ignorant people deny ignorance.

IMO I am not very different from ordinary people. The only difference is that I am informed and I have an algorithm to solve the problems.

It think it is our duty to inform each other about our algorithm and provide each other with information.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
The onky way to get what the people want IMO is to take those 2 million people on strike and go and arrsst those responsible for the mess we are in. And then demand a trail there and then, only shen tptb feel threatened do they take notice.

That's exactly what I keep telling people, well said TheMindWar

Telling tptb that on (date here) we'll be marching achieves nothing other than the faces of those marching being photographed for future processing. Petitions achieve nothing either.

If we step out of line tptb do not march, they arrest us. WE MUST DO THE SAME.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
None of it will matter very soon - and that's the idea!

members.beforeitsnews.com...:_Dr._Jerome_Corsi_and_Alex_Jones.html

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Intresting, yes indeed. I have asked what it may achieve and you have listed quite a few facts. However, politically speaking, I dont think TPTB will change thier minds as to what they are trying to introduce regarding a one world government.

This strike is only about pensions, and there is no way that this strike is going to make a bunch of psyvhopaths change thier mind IMO.

Now if the people were striking for another reason, say against the depopulation agenda or the NWO, then i believe things would change. Only when the people really get very angry and when the people know their lives are at risk to things change.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
[SNIPPED removed post]

No condemnation from me, just whole hearted agreement. Have a star

My sister should be striking today according to her union. She has upset colleagues by going to work anyway as a) she needs the money and - much more importantly - b) she doesn't believe in striking.

It is a total joke that those in the public sector in this country, who on average get a better deal than those in the private sector, also get a better pension that is funded by the taxpayer. I just do not understand how the unions fail to grasp the unfairness of it all. In some ways i still wish we had Maggie in power for the next couple of days - she could finish off the unions once and for all.
edit on 11/30/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Having just got back from a hospital appointment, I couldn't actually see much damage caused by these strikes. My appointment was on time, all the usual nurses, doctors and staff were there, the roads were quieter because the schools were off. From what I heard on the radio, there have been no problems at the airports.

The scare tactics of the government that this strike would bring the nation to a halt is just that, scare tactics.

I certainly have sympathy for those on strike and support their rights to protest.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FFS4000

Removed

You shouldnt have to pay for it. The oligarchs should pay. They are playing us against each other. Your beef should be with Government,Bankers and Corporatists. Not your fellow workers.

Removed

Teachers and public workers like FireFighters,Nurses,Police,Welfare Workers etc are the backbone of society. Why cant the public and private workers of the world stand in solidarity. There is plenty of people at the top that do [SNIP] like politicians.They tell us if you pay peanuts you get monkeys,we have monkeys running our countries,if we need Austerity lets start with them.And in the private sector in the UK lets start with those over-paid soccer/football players.Lets tax the crap out them.They are overvalued in society,teachers undervalued.

Removed

I wouldnt say that but again the blame lies with government.And to an extent with society.There are many great teachers out there but there would be more if we valued them more than David Beckham.And if we paid them more. Maybe we arent attracting enough of the right people to be good teachers.

Anyway,austerity for the rich and over valued should what the workers of the world should be fighting for. We shouldnt be squabbling amongst ourselves.
edit on 30-11-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

edit on 11/30/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-_Removed T&C breaking quotes.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by theovermensch

Public sector workers in this country are well paid (mostly) and have very generous pension schemes. I find it disgusting that even doctors are striking. I agree that the most vulnerable (lowest wage earners) should be protected but to be honest in the present climate everyone is fair game.

Oh, and by the way, we have a 50% top tax rate in this country and that is what footballers, etc, are paying. The big tax dodgers are those super wealthy with off shore accounts and the big corporations that somehow don't pay tax at all (and even get rebates).

To put it in perspective though, the average public sector wage in the UK is higher than the average private sector wage. Added to this is the public sector pension schemes that are far more generous than anything on offer in the private sector - the pension deals currently on offer and being rejected are also far better than anything in the private sector. On this particular issue i have absolutely no sympathy with the unions whatsoever.

I do however agree with woodwardjr that they have the right to protest - i just feel they do not have a case in this particular instance.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well from what I can see from my immediate friends who are in the public sector, they are all treating it as an extra days holiday and staying in bed. Some didn't even realise they would not be getting paid for today

Incidentally 75% of the various union membership couldn't even be bothered to return their ballot papers on the strike.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

So are you advocating a race to the bottom when it comes to wages an working conditions?, Remember it is those in the private sector who are making record bonuses, with top ceo's having pay increases of up to 50%. I understand it's tough for the average worker, but is that a good enough reason to endorse, the cutting of benefits for those in the public sector too? I don't believe it is.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I withdrew my labour today and i am losing a days wage for it, Is it worth it of course i might actually get to retire rather than struggle to work at the age of 67 in the cold and snow, With my younger "colleagues" resenting me for hogging the fire and thinking up every excuse going to get out of manual labour.

This is only the start more to come next year, only work to rule next time and go ultra slow, as long as i have enough to feed and cloth me at my currant age i will carry on withdrawing my labour its for the future not now..

PS the title is misleading the sheeple are the people at work, they cant see beyond next week let alone when it comes to retirement.
edit on 30-11-2011 by foxhoundone because: title

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I think you could go higher than 50%. Especially on entertainment type professions.I think we could increase the efficiency,productivity and cost effectiveness of the public sector with better pay and more recognition.And decent pension schemes. We could hold them to higher standards then.I agree about corporations and offshore accounts. That should be our focus,our governments can change this,we can make them. We shouldnt fight amongst ourselves. I am not saying unions are perfect,they should stand for the rights of all workers.and stand with the private sector and the private sector should stand with the public sector.We all live on the same streets and in the same neighbourhoods. And we didnt create the problem,the banks did.Why are we paying. We need to let them fail because it wont mean the end of the world. It will create great opportunity.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I am generally hard on the mods but thanks for the 'snip' instead of removing. You are an awesome mod

You can remove this post because its pretty off-topic

Back on topic.There is a war on unions across the world! But it isnt just a war on unions,its a war on all workers and small business. Lets stick together.
edit on 30-11-2011 by theovermensch because: humour for mod

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join