It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Bill Against Survivalists/Preppers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Have 7 or more days of food stored - You are a suspect terrorist!

Not a good thing, especially in the USA, the home of survivalism...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

your video and link is messed up

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think this is it:

edit on 29-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

So is this going to get momentum now that US citizens can be detained and sent to "prisons abroad"without due process? McCain, Graham and Levin should be ashamed, and how the heck can a conservative be down with this? Constitution anyone? Slippery slope here?

Blah! Guess I'll unweatherproof my ammo and only store 6 days of food! (kidding cointelpro operator)
edit on 29-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Scary.
Up here, we're told we should have at least 3 weeks worth of food and water, especially if we live outside the city. They've told us that it could take that long to get to people if there was ever a disaster.

I wouldn't like living in a place where you're not even allowed to prepare for stuff that might happen.
edit on 29-11-2011 by snowspirit because: wording

If you have missing fingers, you could be a terrorist

You might just be clumsy

edit on 29-11-2011 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's so if SHTF the power's that be will be allowed to take your food away from you also.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Is there a chance that you could add a link to the bill in question for those without sound/streaming video capabilities? I, for one would like more information on this.

Personally, to me, if one does not stock up on food and other necessities is an idiot. I grew up out in the country, (65 miles from any town/city of a decent size) and it was very prudent for us to purchase at least a months' worth of goods at a time. One never knows what may occur that would prevent one from getting to town, from a horse with colic, to broken fence lines, to snow storm, and washout.

Not stocking up is just plain silly. (IMO)

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here's a real form of preparation- getting out of America while you can
edit on 29-11-2011 by el1jah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And to think that John McCain ran for President!!
With all of the complaints about Obama, This guy would have America under martial law by now.

Vote Rebublican in 2012.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

thanks

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
All I can say, without becoming irate, is:

When is enough...enough?
What will be the straw that breaks the camels back here?

What is it going to take to get Americans to stand up against this?
All of Americans too, not just a few hundred thousand?

Why are we so distracted as to not care?

Too many questions and not enough answers...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

So they tell us to be ready for an emergency (the www.ready.gov... link at the FEMA site offers tips), but if we go ahead and prepare, then we're terrorists. What the deuce?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I will throw one hell of a marshmellow and weenie roast before they can take one bullet or bag of beans from me.

I live in the rural boonies...make it to town maybe once a month...I'm stocked, locked, and loaded

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The irony is that the FEMA website suggests to all citizens of the U.S. to store food and water in case of an emergency. Maybe Obama should come on TV and clear all this up. Are we supposed to store food or not? I guess 6 days worth of food is OK, and you just hope FEMA gets to you in 6 days. But when you buy freeze dried foods the website I dealt with at least, had a minimum purchase of $100, and now I obviously have more than 7 days worth, it's impossible to just buy that small amount with a minumum purchase of $100, unless you have like 40 people in your house.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

SEC. 1032. REQUIREMENT FOR MILITARY CUSTODY.
(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-
(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.

(2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined-- (A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and (B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.
(3) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR- For purposes of this subsection, the disposition of a person under the law of war has the meaning given in section 1031(c), except that no transfer otherwise described in paragraph (4) of that section shall be made unless consistent with the requirements of section 1033.

(4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY- The Secretary of Defense may, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, waive the requirement of paragraph (1) if the Secretary submits to Congress a certification in writing that such a waiver is in the national security interests of the United States.
(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.
(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.
full bill text

what bill is it? this one was passed today s:1867

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
First off Mcain is no Republican he is a rino secondly getting sent to a FEMA camp cout yourself lucky when they have and can assinate anyone they deem a "terrorist".

More than 7 days of food? Mormons have half a year and more and many many people have picked up the prepper/survivalist mentality knowing that government is not here to save you with stuff like this they represent a clear and present danger to you.

Utterly ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I guess there are a heck of a lot of terrorists in the USA, considering all the people it has which are missing a digit or two...or more, have more than seven days worth of food in their homes and have multiple guns. Good grief!
edit on 30-11-2011 by Gridrebel because:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

WAITAMINUTE!!!
This video if you watch all of the way until the end is about the "fema caskets"???
OMGF, is there anyone in lalaland that has been in the military anywhere?
Bodybags folks, they store great and can be handled by 1 or 2 folks.
Now as far as the 7 days worth of food, that is just about every retiree or person on a state or fed payroll.
Anyone who gets paid once a month generally shops for the month just in case there is a shortage of any kind.
But where the heck did the fema casket come into a bill??
This is why I come here for some quality entertainment, to see what the silly are saying.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I have 7 days worth of food for about 10 people in a survival situation.
That's just in my poorly stocked fridge
1 loaf of bread, pack of sliced cheese, 2 cans veggie soup, case of bottled water, and a 10 pack of raman noodles will feed one person for a week in a survival situation.

I could keep my family of from starving for at least a week, maybe 2 or 3 if I had to, without leaving my home.

my 7 year old kid eats enough to keep two grown men alive every day..lol

My neighbor has a real problem.. his wife is from Ethiopia.
Only takes $0.27 cents a day to feed her ... he has enough food in his fridge to keep her alive for a year ( It's just a Joke, I keeeeed!.. he and his wife tell this joke everywhere they go)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
As an above poster said, some of us get paid once a month, and buy groceries for the month, like me. I do my food shopping once a month, so now I am a terrorist...
Damn, how many lists am I on now...
one for being a vet, a republican, a felon, gaming geek, now grocery shopper...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join