It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Bill Against Survivalists/Preppers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The next logical step is anyone who owns a generator or solar power. Geothermal will probably be included with wood burning stoves. Oh wait, they're already trying to place restrictions on wood burning stoves. The noose is tightening.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think its about high time to go off the grid and send your ss# to the gov. with a F$%K you letter and disappear completely

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Lots of guns, ammo and food....hmmmm...
Who has all that?
The Government
Why would they declare themselves terrorists?

I guess they should arrest themselves then.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Thanks but no thanks for the condolences.
We still have our firearms and will to be free.
And each other.
The 1% better start tip-toeing around as the American people are about fed up with their nonsense.

Most of us are afraid of dying but more than that we're absolutely terrified of being imprisoned or made slaves.
Compared to that death is a minor inconvenience.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This is so utterly bizarre, i really wonder who comes up with these ideas.

Missing fingers equals suspicous terrorist ? My suspicion would be he's a carpenter.
(Well to be fair in Japan in certain hotels you have problems getting a room, with a missing finger, since its a old Yakuza tradition to cut off the pinky finger of snitches) But that's japan.
Having food at home ? I guess somebody is planning on thanksgiving, or just wants to be prepared for the next earthquake, tornado, or buy food cheaper with large quantities.

Actually where I live it was mandatory that every house has a shelter including a list of food you have to have. Back in the 80ies there even have been random inspections to check if you have all these items....

And I can really imagine the suicide bomber who gets prepared to blow himself up, and then says, d'oh i forgot to stash up on food.

Seriously, people in politics who come up with ideas like this should be impeached immediately.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
As an above poster said, some of us get paid once a month, and buy groceries for the month, like me. I do my food shopping once a month, so now I am a terrorist...
Damn, how many lists am I on now...
one for being a vet, a republican, a felon, gaming geek, now grocery shopper...

Don't forget that if you share a friends Netflix account your a criminal too.

Freedom is going to be a thing of the past, because even something as little as this is something they don't want you to think about as being a big deal.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I have been asking this question for years....no one actually gives a #!!! And the ones who claim to sit in their loungechairs and make comments while events unfold...where are the fighters????

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? Looks like all of us extreme coupon users might get added to the list too.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mumudoggie
reply to post by havok

I have been asking this question for years....no one actually gives a #!!! And the ones who claim to sit in their loungechairs and make comments while events unfold...where are the fighters????

Right here.

I took my hit in this economy several years ago, I got hit when the tech bubble crashed. Ever since, it has been a struggle and a slow downward spiral. Now, if the tech bubble was an isolated incident, I think I would have been ok and would have recovered, that is not the case. It has been one thing after another and I have never been able to get back to where I was. I have seen this unfolding from the beginning and after seeing it time and time again, the same thing over and over I have become utterly sick of it.

So, I am ready to fight if that is what it takes. I am past protesting, I have already protested until I am blue in the face, I am just waiting for others to get as frustrated as I am.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This thread has 25 flags, and 3 pages of up in arms comments about how we are turning into Nazi Germany (seriously, most over used statement on ATS)

and not one bill to prove it. Just some silly video.

Since you are such a gullible bunch, I have a bridge I want to sell you....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I will buy it!!! I want london bridge you know this one....www.towerbridge.org.uk...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I am running a Christmas special, its half off.

California is selling the Golden Gate to pay off its debt, I got a fire sale running on that one.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I wonder how many days worth of food is stashed in the DUMBs and other shelters that the creators of these types of bills have for their survival purposes?

But we already know that they have terrorist mindsets anyway to come up with this type of legislation.

Glad I'm not living in the US, though my own puppet government's tail seems to be wagged by the US dog.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Well according to what I just heard here my mountain is FULL of potential terrorists. Funny, they seem like the literal salt of the earth to me.

I'd like to extend a warm welcome to any constitution-killers that would like to experience some true southern hospitality. Y'all come!!

*cues video of fat tattooed lady playing dueling banjos on the front porch*

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Seems to me that this is a clear strike at the Mormon religion.

I believe that they practice saving at least a years worth of food on hand for any type of emergency.

Somehow, I believe that this is a hoax.

How would anyone know if you had more than a certain amount of food on hand. Heck, when we plan a camping trip we buy more than 7 days of food. Who would notice?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
missing fingers makes you a terrorist???

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I cannot find a single thing in the actual bill that says anything remotely like a person is considered a terrorist if they have more than seven days of food stored. Can someone please post a quote of the exact text where it says such a thing in the bill. It's either not there, or I am blind.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
missing fingers makes you a terrorist???

From bomb-making adventures.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I googled this and found nothing about seven days food
disinfo? or just poor info?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'll admit this thread made my blood boil. I'm prepped to the gills, and plan on staying that way.

The rural mountains of Ga. are not known for weak willed people. People live off the land up here, growing and canning a lot of what they need. We all buy hay from only our neighbors. And during growing season, fresh non-gubment seeds have provided the fresh veggies, and fruit, we sell to each other at our local farmer's market.

Hells bells, as my Dear old Grannie used to say, self supporting is a way of life up here. A lot of the old hunters even make their own bullets. I raise goats, neighbors have cows, and chickens. Trade goat milk for fresh eggs.

Seven days my happy A$$....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join