It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist "All the World Terrorists are Muslims!"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon

Originally posted by verfed
So where are the non-Muslim terrorists? I can't see them. Wait I think there is an organization in northern Spain. There is also a tiny one In Ireland.

Those would be the Basque movement, and the IRA. Let me add to the non muslim terrorist list: Timothy McVeigh and friends, the folks who murder doctors and bomb clinics in the US...

If we're defining terrorists as those who cause fear, throw in some governments and a few Christian Fundamentalist groups. I'm scared of them.

Your a jack ass, always when in doubt of a good comback, make fun of the Christians. Hitler was an athiest should I be afraid of all athiest?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
Your a jack ass, always when in doubt of a good comback, make fun of the Christians. Hitler was an athiest should I be afraid of all athiest?

I'm not making fun of Christians. I do fear some of them. SOME. I fear the ones I've been personally threatened by for disagreeing with them. I was more making the point that not all Muslims are terrorists, and not all terrorists are Muslim. Terrorists come in all types and from all religions, including Christianity. Throwing Hitler into arguments is growing to be an expected comeback. Don't agree with someone? Throw in a Hitler example.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by RedBalloon]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
He was asked for non-Muslim terrorists and he provided them.
How can you attack him for that?

[edit on 6-9-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think we can all agree that MOST (not all) terrorists are muslims. Right? There is overwhelming evidence to support this fact. Maybe there is so much Muslim terrorism because all of their countries are shi tty. Most of the Arab countries really do suck I hate to admit. Look in Israel at the countryside then take a look a few miles east and you'll see the way the Muslims live. It's as if God has cursed the Muslims ever since Ishmael. I almost feel sorry for them. Almost!!!!!
Oh and by the way I love everyone regardless of anything. Just don't try to hurt me and I'll still love you even if your Muslim.

[edit on 9/6/2004 by verfed]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
A point was made that the Islamic community is attempting to rectify its problem. I do not subscribe to that notion, nor do I see any evidence of this.
What I do see is a handful of countries that used to support the active, violent part of the 3rd Jihad trying their best to look like they are on the side of the West, now, thereby keeping their little regimes from being demolecularized by large bombs and cruise missiles. You also see the House of Saud, a corrupt leadership that is hated by many, struggling to maintain power. Other than that, I see no change of heart.

oui

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have to agree with both boba, and netchicken... lets put it this way...

Tommorow mornin' you wake up, and turn on the news to see whats happening in the world today. You find out that there were recent car bombings at the ground level of the US, and UK embassy in morocco, and that a plane flying out of LAX has just sent out a hijacking warning to ground control.

Whats the first terrorist organization you're gonna think of? Thats right... a muslim one. The first thing that'll go through your mind is something to the likes of; Al Queda, Hamas, or Islamic Jihad.

If the first thing that goes through your mind is "Oh crap, P.E.T.A. is at it again!", or "goddamn, that manuel rodriquez patriotic front!" then you may wanna take a minute, and read through a few current newspapers.

The article ran under the headline; "All the World Terrorists are Muslims", and this is not far off from the truth! Al queda, and similar groups (Ie. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc.) can be found WORLD WIDE. You can find members of these groups here on the continental US, you can find them in morroco, egypt, saudi arabia, iran, iraq, afghanistan, turkey, the UK, spain, israel, palestine, asia, certain parts of south america, southern russia. They assist Chechens too, they help assist the palestinian suicide bombers, etc, etc, etc. Now put this in realistic comparisson with other terror groups like the IRA(N. Ireland/uk), or RAF(columbia). These other groups most certainly DO NOT have such a world wide placement of operatives... understandably so; being that it does not fit into their agenda, BUT THATS THE PROBLEM RIGHT THERE. These Islamic Extremist Terror groups have a world wide agenda, its not just aimed at a small area, or a small country. IRA has a problem with the UK. RAF has a problem with the columbian gov't, RFPD has a problem with the cambodian gov't, but Al queda, Hamas, Islamic Jihad... They have a problems with the UK, they got a problem with the US, they got a problem with Israel. They got a problem with Japan, they got a problem with Russia(they help by assisting chechens, and helping them train.) the list goes on, and on...

ALL WORLD TERRORIST ARE ISLAMIC EXTREMIST GROUPS. All the other terror groups mentioned above, and in previous posts have problems with either their own country, or relatively smaller areas. So far these Islamic World Terrorist have killed French people, Americans, Africans, Turkish, People from Nepal, and many many other peoples... THEY TRUELY ARE WORLD TERRORIST in every sense of the word. Hence a statement like "all world terrorist are muslims" can easily be seen as true. Where as a statement like "all terrorist in the world, are muslims." that's where we begin to have a problem.

Maybe im reading the statement to litterally... but then again... its open to my interpretation, just like it is to yours.

Anyhow, Its late at night 2am. And im just rambling. I hope you guys can see where I'm coming from. I really like muslims, and have tons of muslim friends (being that I live in a pretty well balanced muslim/christian community. We have just as many mosques, as we do chapels.) So I'm sure not all muslims are terror crazed fiends, but even so... are most if not all "WORLD TERRORIST" organizations founded on islamic fundementalism? I'd place a wager on it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Extract taken from Databeacon -

� With the 9/11 tragedy authored by al-Qaida, the United States is the country most affected by terrorism according to the total number of people killed (3000)
� According to the total number of victims (wounded as well as killed) Kenya�s 1998 U.S. embassy bombing by al-Qaida represents a larger number of people (5310) affected by a terrorist act than even the 2001 al-Qaida attack on New York�s World Trade Center
� According to the number of terrorist attacks, the five most dangerous nations are India, Colombia, Yemen, Angola and Nigeria
� The most dangerous identified terrorist groups in the world are, in order: al-Qaida, LTTE, PKK, HAMAS and Muslim Militants.

LTTE - A group dedicated to achieving autonomy for the Tamil people from India. This group are followers of the Hindu religion . Link

PKK - Kurdish Workers Party. Apparently this group has no religious adherence due to the fact that they are a Marxist organisation. However, being surrounded by Muslim nations requires them to forge alliances with certain Islamic bodies. Link

Obviously our perception of who the "terrorists" are is in large part determined by media coverage, and, what with the coverage of WTC and the Israel/Palestinian crisis it is hardly suprising that the majority of people perceive most terrorists to be Muslims.

Quote from Canadian Security Intelligence Service -

It is important not to rely too heavily on terrorism incident statistics, as they do not bring out the qualitative differences in the effects of specific terrorist attacks. For example in the international terrorism figures for 1993, the single event of the World Trade Centre bombing accorded North America the highest number of victims wounded by international terrorist activity in any region of the world. Yet this does not accurately reflect the characteristic distribution of terrorist victimization internationally.

Finally, I would like to make a personal comment that I find it interesting to note that one's definition of a terrorist largely depends upon whose side you are on. The case of Hamas illustrates this perfectly. There are many people who would also argue that the government of the United States is the largest "terrorist" group in the world, but again, this is very subjective.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I am sure there are a bunch of Irish freedom fighters, sorry terrorists around!
However they might turn out to be muslim... you never know...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just answer me this simple question please.

When was the last time a Jewish, Christian, Buddist, Baha'in, Hindu, or Jains "terrorist" strapped a bomb onto his/her back and went into a public place to blow up private citizens? When was the last time a Jewish, Christian, Buddist, Baha'in, Hindu, or Jains "terrorist" loaded up a car full of explosives and drove into a crouded mall to blow up a couple dozen women and children? (Sorry, you can't count Timothy McCrackers because he was just one lunatic, not a whole following. And the last thing the GEU did was in 1980 in Isreal, and they did individual car bombs which blew up the targeted occupant and no bystanders...)

The above suicide bombing events happen every week - except it is ALWAYS by muslim extremists. Now, just what does that say to you?

[edit on 6-9-2004 by CatHerder]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Cat, The Tamil Tigers are renowned for employing suicide bombers...The Black Tigers are the section of this group that undertake such tasks.

Of course we in the West don't have to use suicide bombers to destroy mall, schools, aspirin factories etc...we just use laser-guided/cruise missiles!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The Timal Tigers are seeking an independant nation (in the north) and aren't out there blowing up buildings and malls and schools in other nations "in the name of God".

It's basically a civil war. I don't see how a local conflict can be considered or compared to terrorist acts though?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I asked this question before and I ask it again: how do you define a terrorist? If you wear an uniform and kill civilians are you still a terrorist?
If we look at the official deffinition of terrorism then a LOT of legaly elected goverments on this planet ARE terrorists.

"Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

Sanctions imposed on a country, people in that country, in order to intimidate the dictator is then per deffinition terrorism.
Or it is not, because the ones who imposed the sanctions say "oh hell, we are elected goverment and we SAY it is legal what we do, so it is legal. End of story, Shut up."

What if you attack a country and ocupy it violating their legal right as a sovereign state, force them to comply with YOUR views how they should live, is that terrorism? What if the same goverment does that to you? Attacks you with force, bombs, and justifys that action with the same words you did "You invaded our country, you are a threat to our national security and to our people, we must respond?". Is that then terrorism of justified action?

If an armed soldier of an official army of some state goes into a village and kills a few dozen civilians just because he is pissed of at that moment, is he a terrorist? Or are terrorists only murderers who are not under official state flag? Does wearing a uniform makes you a holy man who can kill whenever he wants to without being labeled as terrorist or assasin, or murderer?

I think, we need a clear deffinition of terrorism first, before we start pointing fingers at terrorist groups.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by paperclip]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The author may be "uninformed" as one post said, but this is coming from a very well informed muslim journalist, Abdulrahman al-Rashed, general manager of Al-Arabiya television.

The headline in the Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper was an uninformed generalizing statement which most will agree is wrong and it is important to realize that in newspaper journalism the author of an article rarely if ever actually selects the title or headline of his/her story.

In actuality his actual statement in the article was "Muslims are the main perpetrators of terrorism" ... and this is certainly true.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Cat,

Extract taken from Subcontinent.com -

Rajiv Gandhi and 16 others including nine police officials were killed in Sriperumbadur on May 21, 1991 by a suicide-bomber strapped with powerful explosives.

The suicide bomber was part of the Tamil Tiger network. Sriperumbadur is close to Chennai on the Indian mainland.

The reason I include this example is to add balance to the claims referred to by the thread title, which, in my opinion, is erroneous. The killing of Gandhi could be interpreted as international terrorism as it occured outside the borders of Sri Lanka itself.

Your comment regarding 'local' conflict is interesting too. Is this to say that 'local' terror tactics are less deplorable than 'international' terror tactics? I suspect that many, many people are happier to accept such 'local' occurences when they don't impinge upon, or threaten to impinge upon, our daily lives, as we are lead to believe the activities of the supposed Islamic militants are inevitably going to.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Taken from Storydata site which bases it's output upon US Dept. of State monitoring -

Figures for number killed by suspected terrorist groups for period 1996 - 2002 -

Al Qaida - 3753 (3234 in USA)
Hamas - 168
Chechen Rebels - 124
Muslim Militants - 187

LTTE - 140
PKK - 1
IRA - 31
ELN - 79
UNITA - 188

Miscellaneous - 420

Figures for numbers injured by suspected terrorist groups for period 1996 - 2002 -

Al Qaida - 5539 (5019 in Kenya)
Hamas - 1135
Chechen Rebels - 0
Muslim Militants - 390

LTTE - 1542
PKK - 12
IRA - 672
ELN - 103
UNITA - 77

Miscellaneous - 567

Figures for number of attacks by suspected terrorist groups for period 1996 - 2002 -

Al Qaida - 10
Hamas - 13
Chechen Rebels - 1
Muslim Militants - 48

LTTE - 10
PKK - 6
IRA - 5
ELN - 37
UNITA - 35

Miscellaneous - 191

(ELN are a Marxist group from Colombia). Figures for ETA are not published along with this data.

Figures for number of terrorist attacks by country for 2002 -

India 49.3%
Israel 6.6%
Pakistan 6.6%
West Bank 5.1%
Colombia 4.4%
Other 27.95

Figures for numbers killed in terrorist attacks, by country, for 2002 -

India 20.7%
Indonesia 21.9%
Israel 9.1%
Pakistan 5.5%
Chechnya 8.3%
Algeria 4.4%
Russia 19.2%
Other 10.8%

Figures for numbers injured in terrorist attacks, by country, for 2002 -

India 23.4%
Indonesia 13.4%
Israel 25.9%
Chechnya 9%
Algeria 3.4%
West Bank 5.6%
Russia 6.8%
Pakistan 6.1%
Other 6.2%

[edit on 6-9-2004 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Seems it needs a "big title" to get people talk about it. Well, so far this one is a double post of news posted 2 days before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
The majority of terrorism today and active is Islamic or friendly to Islam.

The IRA is a Catholic terrorist group and there are hundreds of non-Islamic terrorists abound but they are not the ones making the news.

Perhaps the Muslim terrorists are the only ones we care about, while the other groups operate in parts of the world where we just don't give a damn, or there isn't a local news team to cover it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Perhaps the Muslim terrorists are the only ones we care about, while the other groups operate in parts of the world where we just don't give a damn, or there isn't a local news team to cover it.

I had a briefing about terror groups this year. The islamists are the only ones that are left on such an active scale.

Sure we have IRA, ETA and some south american groups but they activity is non-existing comparing to Islamistic terror groups. They spread from Indonesia, through Pakistan and the arab world towards Africa and finally they try to get a grip in middle-america.

For every enemy that goes along comes another. What a terrible fact

LL1

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
With sponsors like Dell and Intel...

He doesn't want to loose the sponsors, of course he's going to play the game.
He's playing for sponsorship.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
All terrorists are muslims?
I dont think so.
. Terrorism is our in-vogue way of driving the masses to vote for the only president who could possibly protect us against such horrific acts

Ingenuous, actually.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join