It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist "All the World Terrorists are Muslims!"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Terrorism is our in-vogue way of driving the masses to vote for the only president who could possibly protect us against such horrific acts

Ingenuous, actually.

Isn't it though? dgtempe: You might like this www.whatreallyhappened.com... titled Fake Terrorism: The Road to Dictatorship. I don't question the actual events being very real, but the constand terror level color chart changes and warnings are laughable. Brilliant tactic, really. So many people have fallen for it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
A Muslim journalist is now saying that Muslims are entirely responsible for all world terrorism. Muslims worldwide are fearing more anti-Muslim sentiment after the recent attacks in Russia. This admission is supposed to help the situation... thoughts?

Key words in this article - World terrorism.

When you look at most of the other terrorist organizations they are concerned with their own "neck of the woods" - everything from the IRA to ETA, even the US version of the Army of God.

The journalist in the article can see the handwriting on the wall and fears for not only Muslims, in general, but the future of Islam itself. I see his remarks as a plea for Muslims to condemn the actions of extremists and to, in a sense, take back their religion from those who seek to bastardize it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
DGtempe what the Hell?
If you can't see the difference between the Al Aqsu Martyrs Brigade and George W Bush then you don't deserve to post on these forums.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I m referring to "our" terrorism. Sure, there's terrorism all over this world. Its been in existence for hundreds of years. Its nothing new. All i'm voicing is that this terrorism here is suspicious. This is also hardly a news flash.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
Key words in this article - World terrorism.

Since when are we supposed to pay attention to key words and key points in an article?

Originally posted by oui
The article ran under the headline; "All the World Terrorists are Muslims", and this is not far off from the truth! Al queda, and similar groups (Ie. Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc.) can be found WORLD WIDE. You can find members of these groups here on the continental US, you can find them in morroco, egypt, saudi arabia, iran, iraq, afghanistan, turkey, the UK, spain, israel, palestine, asia, certain parts of south america, southern russia. They assist Chechens too, they help assist the palestinian suicide bombers, etc, etc, etc. Now put this in realistic comparisson with other terror groups like the IRA(N. Ireland/uk), or RAF(columbia). These other groups most certainly DO NOT have such a world wide placement of operatives...

Also eloquently stated.

It's a hard thing for me to swallow without questioning it. I don't disagree with the facts or the idea of a world terrorist, however I feel that people will misunderstand this statement and read "all terrorists are Muslim" as so many of us have read it here in this thread, and follow with "therefore all Muslims are terrorists." Sweeping generalizations are touchy things, and while Islamic groups being the prominent world terrorist groups may be true at this time in history, it hasn't always been true, nor will it always be true.

Muslims today are facing a lot of hate directed towards them, and the Muslims as a whole are not a terrorist group. The people who truly follow Islam who live among us are peaceful and just as disgusted with what's going on in the world as those of us who are not Muslim. This type of headline has the potential to be twisted and used against the community as a whole.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by infovacume
Your a jack ass, always when in doubt of a good comback, make fun of the Christians.

You know what, infovacume, the more I thought about it, the more I agree that I probably have a quick tendency towards disliking Christians as a whole, and not giving credit to those who do follow Christianity with a level head and true heart. While my remark wasn't meant to make fun of Christians or be a good comeback, it may have seemed that way, and I apologize to you for it. I will give more thought to the use of the term 'Christians' in my arguments, and I will remember your point when I do.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I will admit I haven't read this thread, I appologize to those here that denied ignorance, but what about, the Bader Meinhoff, Red Brigade? To some in the world, the Mossad would be terrorists.

LL1

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Check the resume of the journalist and family background.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
well saying the IRA are terrorist in a sense and a time in brittish history yes they where but thats the thing now their history and the fact that theres a truce between both sides and that the IRA didnt take child hostages and the fact that there funding was sumwhat 1000 times less of muslim terrorists and that there targets where sumwhat soft and hard but on small scale operations is miniscule to what muslim terrorists are doing and the damage caused buy christian Vs christain terrorist is had acomplised in their hole campaign the muslim terrorists acomplished in 1 day and by that meaning 9/11

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Rugoolian]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon

"Our terrorist sons are an end-product of our corrupted culture," Abdulrahman al-Rashed, general manager of Al-Arabiya television, wrote in his daily column published in the Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper. It ran under the headline, "The Painful Truth: All the World Terrorists are Muslims!"

Al-Rashed ran through a list of recent attacks by Islamic extremist groups -- in Russia, Iraq, Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen -- many of which are influenced by the ideology of Osama bin Laden, the Saudi-born leader of the al Qaeda terror network.

"Most perpetrators of suicide operations in buses, schools and residential buildings around the world for the past 10 years have been Muslims," he wrote. Muslims will be unable to cleanse their image unless "we admit the scandalous facts," rather than offer condemnations or justifications.

www.cnn.com...

A Muslim journalist is now saying that Muslims are entirely responsible for all world terrorism. Muslims worldwide are fearing more anti-Muslim sentiment after the recent attacks in Russia. This admission is supposed to help the situation... thoughts?

Thats the reality, Islam shapes arab mentality, Islam is what shapes terrorists mentality. But the reality is arabs are not going to turn away from islam. This is the worlds biggest problem. Islamic ideology is second largest ideology, that breeds terrorism, hate, cold blooded murder, kidnappings, beheadings, revenge, hijacking. This is rather differenent to christian ideology. This explains why christians seem more civilisied then the muslims. Some how after all these terrorists acts, muslims feel morally pure compared to christians.

Muslims have rejected christianity, they have rejected the teachings of jesus. As jesus says who rejects me rejects the father. This why muslims have not been enlightened like the christians. This is why christians and muslims are very much not alike. Jesus was said to be the light, muslims are still in darkness they do not know what they are doing, they don't know where they are going.

America, europe in majority is run by the ideology of jesus. Judean/christians values. One might call them secular but it's still rooted in judean/christian ideology. But it's geting corputed.

Many europeans, americans might say they are not christians but the reality is their mentality, is still rooted in christian values.

You put a person in differenenent enviroment and another in differenent one. Their mentality is then shaped as they grow. To try and change this is very hard.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Muslims have rejected christianity, they have rejected the teachings of jesus. As jesus says who rejects me rejects the father. This why muslims have not been enlightened like the christians. This is why christians and muslims are very much not alike. Jesus was said to be the light, muslims are still in darkness they do not know what they are doing, they don't know where they are going.

Hmm. Who said Jesus was 'in the light' and why is that persont he authority over other world religions? SOME Muslims have taken their religion to a corrupted extreme by our views, and so have some Christians. This is not a good -vs-evil kind of comparison.

Many Muslims have a clear idea of what they believe, and where that religion leads them, and it is most definitely not towards terrorism.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i think the so called "muslim" terrorists combined, will form a great proportion of all terrorists in the world. no sense arguing about.

but guys, pls dont blame the religion, it hasn't got to do anything with all this. I have a considerable knowledge of Islam, Christianity, Baha'i faith, Judaism (and a bit 'bout Hinduism as well). Surely Islam is quite different from the idea that an average person can form from our media.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by verfed

ETA, KKK, Timothy McVeigh, American Coalition of Life Activists, Animal Liberation Front, Army of God, Militia Movement, Christian Identity Movement , Aryan Nation are all terrorists groups and are non-muslim groups

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
islam is a religion of peace.

it has only been corrupted by the shi'ites.
ithink everyone that had sent a negative post should actually LEARN the facts about islam, and then talk about terrorism!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RedBalloon

I believe that statement should be revised.

"A lot of the world's terrorists are extremist Muslims."

The word terrorist also describes the people killing American Troops after watching their family members be shot in the back without question by US forces.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
So let me get this straight...

Supposedly, according to out nutty rightwing friends, Muslims never speak out against terrorism.

However, when they do, it's "AHA! See, even the Muslims say they're all terrorists!"

I think I would get banned if I posted nothing but 1,000
, but that was my initial reaction

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join