It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalist "All the World Terrorists are Muslims!"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

"Our terrorist sons are an end-product of our corrupted culture," Abdulrahman al-Rashed, general manager of Al-Arabiya television, wrote in his daily column published in the Asharq Al-Awsat newspaper. It ran under the headline, "The Painful Truth: All the World Terrorists are Muslims!"

Al-Rashed ran through a list of recent attacks by Islamic extremist groups -- in Russia, Iraq, Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Yemen -- many of which are influenced by the ideology of Osama bin Laden, the Saudi-born leader of the al Qaeda terror network.

"Most perpetrators of suicide operations in buses, schools and residential buildings around the world for the past 10 years have been Muslims," he wrote. Muslims will be unable to cleanse their image unless "we admit the scandalous facts," rather than offer condemnations or justifications.

www.cnn.com...

A Muslim journalist is now saying that Muslims are entirely responsible for all world terrorism. Muslims worldwide are fearing more anti-Muslim sentiment after the recent attacks in Russia. This admission is supposed to help the situation... thoughts?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
He is right. Other then the isolated IRA bombing what other religion or group is so fanatically terroristic towards other religions? There are none. That journalist better watch his back though. Some muslims don't want their secret out so soon.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thats one heck of an uninformed cookie I'd say. Theres plenty non Muslim terrorists around.

But the muslim community admiting there is a problem and activly working to solve it does sound like a good way to start.
Its also a good way to show the world that the western view that all muslims are terrorists is wrong too.

Every society has its problems.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'll have to agree with thematrix on that one.

It's a step.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So where are the non-Muslim terrorists? I can't see them. Wait I think there is an organization in northern Spain. There is also a tiny one In Ireland. So far that is 2 non-muslim terrorist organizations. Now If I had 876 spare hours I would write out all of the MUSLIM terrorist organizations.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
So where are the non-Muslim terrorists? I can't see them. Wait I think there is an organization in northern Spain. There is also a tiny one In Ireland.

Those would be the Basque movement, and the IRA. Let me add to the non muslim terrorist list: Timothy McVeigh and friends, the folks who murder doctors and bomb clinics in the US...

If we're defining terrorists as those who cause fear, throw in some governments and a few Christian Fundamentalist groups. I'm scared of them.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Official FBI definition of terrorism:

"Terrorism is the unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

Even by its own definition the U.S. government is guilty of terrorism on a massive, international scale.

[edit on 5-9-2004 by Samiralfey]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Non Muslim terror organizations

Armata Corsa
Aum Shinrikyo
Chukaku-Ha
Irish Republican Army
Japanese Red Army
Kach and Kahane Chai
Lautaro Youth Movement
Loyalist Volunteer Force
Manuel Rodriquez Patriotic Front
Moranzanist Patriotic Front
National Liberation Army Colombia
National Liberation Front of Corsica
Nestor Paz Zamora Commission (CNPZ)
New People's Army
Party of Democratic Kampuchea
Real IRA
Red Army Faction
Red Brigades
Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
Revolutionary Organization 17 November
Revolutionary People's Liberation Party/Front
Revolutionary People's Struggle
Sendero Luminoso
Tupac Amaru Revolutionary Movement
United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia

and believe me the there are lots more.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
You left out the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
They all claim oppression, occupation, invaders, imperialistics. They all use these excuses in order to commit terror attacks.

Look at the islamic invasions, they invaded europe, spain, killed heaps europeans. Today they all say rememember the crusades and the slaugher of muslims.

They never look to their own crusaders into europeans countrys, and i bet killed more christians europeans then the crusaders did.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Seeing the actions of the ALF(Animal Liberation Front) and other groups related to them, they should be classified as terrorists too.

In belgium alone they burned down 9 McDonnalds and other fast food restaurants.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Oh come on.

People are taking a vaild point about the majority of terrorists being muslims and twisting it to meet their own blinkered viewpoints, totally ignoring the stupendous death toll from Islamic terrorism, to make a petty point.

In the light of what just happened in Russia such bias is pathetic. How about calling a spade a spade...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There are plenty of non-muslim, active terrorist/separatist/anarchist groups around the world who employ generally the same tactics.

More accurately, Muslim fundamentalist terrorists are the only terrorists we need worry about, since their numbers are vast, and they are completely decentralized which makes them impossible to isolate.

At this point, I tend to consider inner-city gangs as organizations that employ terror as a tactic, because they do. The difference, and the reason why they aren't regarded in the same way as the others is that they are only killing themselves (or intending to kill each other, with the occasional stray round hitting Grandma). They can kill each other all they want as far as I'm concerned.

Here is an incomplete, but pretty comprehensive list of fundamentalist/separatist/anarchist factions who use terror tactics from SpecialOperations.com

[edit on 5-9-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
They all claim oppression, occupation, invaders, imperialistics. They all use these excuses in order to commit terror attacks.

Look at the islamic invasions, they invaded europe, spain, killed heaps europeans. Today they all say rememember the crusades and the slaugher of muslims.

They never look to their own crusaders into europeans countrys, and i bet killed more christians europeans then the crusaders did.

Hey come on, if we can call the invasion of Iraq a liberation than we can call the invasion of Spain a liberation also.

Tariq ibn-Ziyad liberated Spain from a tyrant called King Roderick at the request of the heirs of King Witiza.
The Muslim armies were welcomed by many in Spain and life after the liberation was better for many, including the Jews.

Encyclopaedia Britannica:
After the death of Witiza (700�710), the persistent turbulence of the nobility thwarted the succession of his son and allowed Roderick, duke of Baetica (710�711), to claim the throne. Determined to oust Roderick, Witiza's family apparently summoned the Muslims in North Africa to their aid. Thus Tariq ibn Ziyad, the Muslim governor of Tangier, after landing at Calpe (Gibraltar) in 711, routed King Roderick and the Visigoths near what is today the Guadalete River on July 19. The triumphant Muslims rapidly overran Spain, meeting only feeble resistance from the leaderless Visigoths. Although the kingdom of the Visigoths was no more, its memory inspired the kings of Asturias-Le�n to begin the reconquest of Spain.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

Hey come on, if we can call the invasion of Iraq a liberation than we can call the invasion of Spain a liberation also.

Tariq ibn-Ziyad liberated Spain from a tyrant called King Roderick at the request of the heirs of King Witiza.
The Muslim armies were welcomed by many in Spain and life after the liberation was better for many, including the Jews.

Encyclopaedia Britannica:
After the death of Witiza (700�710), the persistent turbulence of the nobility thwarted the succession of his son and allowed Roderick, duke of Baetica (710�711), to claim the throne. Determined to oust Roderick, Witiza's family apparently summoned the Muslims in North Africa to their aid. Thus Tariq ibn Ziyad, the Muslim governor of Tangier, after landing at Calpe (Gibraltar) in 711, routed King Roderick and the Visigoths near what is today the Guadalete River on July 19. The triumphant Muslims rapidly overran Spain, meeting only feeble resistance from the leaderless Visigoths. Although the kingdom of the Visigoths was no more, its memory inspired the kings of Asturias-Le�n to begin the reconquest of Spain.

Islamic propaganda, i'm sure the french also allowed the muslims in. Thats why they were stoped by the hammer.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Islamic propaganda, i'm sure the french also allowed the muslims in. Thats why they were stoped by the hammer.

The Encyclopaedia Britannica is Islamic propoganda?
LOL!!
Right, just because you are not familiar with the events doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Check some of the Spanish history sites, they show the same story.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Arguably the biggest year in European (and American) history: Christopher Columbus reaches the Americas; the first grammar of any vernacular language (Castilian) is produced by Antonio de Nebrija; the last Muslim kingdom in Spain (Granada) is conquered; and the Edict of Expulsion is signed by the Catholic Monarchs, forcing all Muslims and Jews in Spain to either convert or emigrate. This date also symbolically marks the close of the Middle Ages and the beginning of the Early Modern Era.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what european policy should be today.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Arguably the biggest year in European (and American) history: Christopher Columbus reaches the Americas; the first grammar of any vernacular language (Castilian) is produced by Antonio de Nebrija; the last Muslim kingdom in Spain (Granada) is conquered; and the Edict of Expulsion is signed by the Catholic Monarchs, forcing all Muslims and Jews in Spain to either convert or emigrate. This date also symbolically marks the close of the Middle Ages and the beginning of the Early Modern Era.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what european policy should be today.

European policy should be that all Jews and Muslims should convert to Christianity?

Wasn't that the policy before the Muslim invasion?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The majority of terrorism today and active is Islamic or friendly to Islam.

The IRA is a Catholic terrorist group and there are hundreds of non-Islamic terrorists abound but they are not the ones making the news.

The Islamic ones are the ones who happen to make the news by blowing a bus full of people up, by taking a school hostage, by beheading civilians. It is not racist that they are the ones who get the headlines.

"More accurately, Muslim fundamentalist terrorists are the only terrorists we need worry about, since their numbers are vast, and they are completely decentralized which makes them impossible to isolate. "

Very true, not many have to worry about the IRA they have a small agenda. The agenda of the Islamic terrorist is to destroy the Western world, Judaism and Christian ideals and anyone who gets in their way.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Last I knew 9 out of 10 of the major conflicts in the world right now all have to due with Muslims. IMO this statement is not to far of the mark. I'm not against muslims at all, just stating what I believe to be the obvious.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join