It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu shots this year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I get a flu shot most years. Sometimes I don't get one because I'm busy.

I almost never get the flu.

I get about 1-2 colds per year.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
They are free at work so I get one every year. Wife gets one from her work for free every year as well. Works pretty well for us. My daughter has not had one. I figure she needs to build up her own resistances first. The thing is, there are quite a few people out there that don't really know what the flu is and they confuse it with other stomach viruses or even bad colds. They get the shot (or not) and then get sick down the line and automatically say it was the flu.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I get a flu shot most years. Sometimes I don't get one because I'm busy.

I almost never get the flu.

I get about 1-2 colds per year.

Yeah, thats about it for me too. A cold, usually after december. Maybe two.
Still not flu shots for me though

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arcade425

I don't think it comes down to that really it is more the luck of the draw. Best of luck to you, be sure and drink plenty of water.

I started a thread some time ago which may have some possible ideas to help get the metals out of your system as those are most likely what have affected you.

Give it a read:

Naturopathic Anti/Vaccine Thread (What to do once you've been injected),
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Take what some people have said about getting the flu (or feeling "different", whatever that means) after having a flu shot with a grain of salt. I have gotten flu shots in the past (off and on), and honestly, they did not make me feel any different or jeopardize my health in any way. However, the one time I have gotten the flu in the past 10 years was a year in which I didn't get a flu shot.

As most others on here, I am quite hesitant about bombarding my body with needless medications. This is the only reason I don't consistently take the shot each year. The past 3 years I have not had the flu shot but I have had to lie to my wife about getting it. She is one of those people who won't back down (sorry but I don't buy her reasoning of "do it for the children"). I allowed her to give the nasal mist to our infant and other young child, as well as herself, but I faked inhaling it and tossed it conspicuously in the trash.

Hopefully this doesn't make me a bad husband

edit on 29-11-2011 by jburg6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Of course, flu shots/vaccines are a complete and utter HOAX, FRAUD, SCAM.

My nephew got his much to my dismay, my sister didn't listen to me about their harm, and low and behold he got extremely sick for a long time. Of course NOW she has finally looked into it and will no longer get any shot for her and her family. Thank goodness.

Wake up people don't fall for this madness.

"New biohazard found in HPV vaccine"
nerofei.com...

Of course Gardasil, one of the many great scams out there.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

Are you serious? bad husband?? You need to take ownership and man up. Seriously? You are right here and she's wrong, plain and simple. First of all just because nothing has happened to you after taking any shots, doesn't mean they aren't a complete genocidal hoax. Sometimes you cannot see the side effects but they are there. Sterilization, and all the rest of the illnesses it causes. I feel bad for your kids. I will NEVER let my kids be injected by these maniacs, or let anyone in family be injected from now on. I've woken them up about it. There is enough info out there to understand the fraud of all this, it's not hard.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I've never had a flu shot. I rarely ever get sick in any way, even a cold only lasts for a couple of days.

About 10 years ago, I got the flu really bad, it lasted about 5 or 6 weeks, and I went to the hospital a couple of times for intravenous of electrolytes. Just a short stay of 1/2 hour each time.

That year, they were giving the flu shot at work. It's free.
Those people that got the flu shot that year, still got the flu, and some of them were away from work for 3 months. It was a really bad strain that went around.

They don't push the vaccine up here much. They do make sure that we're reminded to take our Vitamin D and to eat our vegies, and hand wash a lot.
They also tend to remind us, that the vaccine doesn't work for everyone, and that some of us that are older already may have antibodies from decades ago, or even 10 years ago, from previous flues we may have had.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am immune-compromised. I get sick with everything. However, I want nothing to do with these shots. I used to get them when I worked in a clinic but I always got sick with something anyway. Plus they always made me feel quite ill for days afterward.

I have found a natural trifecta consisting of wellness formula vitamins, natural apple cider vinegar, and liquid samento (a derivative of cat's claw).

Last year, as we were moving in January, I felt myself coming down with the flu. Because I have rheumatoid arthritis, my joints were swelling and my entire body hurt. My throat was sore, and I thought, if I don't hit this quick, I'm boned. A bout with the flu will lay me out for two weeks or more.

I started drinking natural apple cider vinegar every few hours. I began taking wellness formula, and I took a drop of samento. Just a drop, otherwise I become too hyper and cannot sleep.

The cider burned my throat, and when I took the samento, I was freezing cold with the chills. A few hours later, I began to sweat it out. The sore throat went away, I slept for a few hours, and when I woke up, I was fine.

Vinegar is a very old remedy for sore throats, as the acetic acid in it kills the virus which resides in the back of the throat, where it is coolest. Wellness formula is an awesome vitamin / herbal combination which cranks up the immune system. Samento, although expensive ($35 per small bottle) is like a nuclear bomb to viruses. It puts your immune system into overdrive. I take samento off and on throughout the year when my RA acts up, as I believe my RA is from a mycoplasma infection. It keeps it in check and I take no medications for my RA, not even advil or tylenol.

I would rather help my immune system than force it to do a knee-jerk reaction with a shot. I don't want the adjuvants and preservatives in my system, which I feel are toxins.

I have no financial stake in advertising these things, I just want to share that there are things out there to fight these nasty bugs that work incredibly well with zero side-effects. It has taken me almost 12 years of being sick all the time to figure this out, and if I help even one other person with this information, then I will feel like there was a purpose for my suffering.

Information on Samento: www.thehealthierlife.co.uk...

Natural apple cider vinegar: www.thehealthierlife.co.uk...

Wellness formula (podcast): blog.wholefoodsmarket.com...

Don't ask me for hard scientific data on this, because there isn't any done by the medical establishment in the United States. It's all about Big Pharma profits here, so any positive information on these things will be buried. It's strictly anecdotal. It works wonders for me and my family and friends.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphetOfZeal
reply to post by jburg6

Are you serious? bad husband?? You need to take ownership and man up. Seriously? You are right here and she's wrong, plain and simple. First of all just because nothing has happened to you after taking any shots, doesn't mean they aren't a complete genocidal hoax. Sometimes you cannot see the side effects but they are there. Sterilization, and all the rest of the illnesses it causes. I feel bad for your kids. I will NEVER let my kids be injected by these maniacs, or let anyone in family be injected from now on. I've woken them up about it. There is enough info out there to understand the fraud of all this, it's not hard.

I disagree that there is enough info out there to establish fraud. There is evidence going both ways on the issue, and surely a thinking person is capable of weighing both sides of the evidence and coming to a personal determination. As for my kids, it is obviously a cost/benefit analysis and I would rather take the chance of my 9 month old tragically dying of a flu shot than take the chance of him dying of the flu after days in the hospital knowing that there was something I could have done to prevent it. To each his own.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who has taken part in the conversation so far. It's great hearing all your views on such a controversial topic.

Rev

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I didn't take the flu shot this year or any years in the past. I am not a believer in all these vaccinations we are encouraged to get for every little illness out there. What makes people believe that human beings are never supposed to get sick? Sounds crazy to me, much like running to get antibiotics everytime your not feeling well. Is it any wonder all these illness' are now immune to medication?
I have had the flu maybe 3 times in my 33yrs so if I get it again, well, I will just have to stay home from work and get better. Novel idea I know! I sure wish the parents' of my students had that brilliant idea instead of sending their children to school sick as can be.
I personally think the old saying "If you don't use it you lose it." goes for your immune system too. If it doesn't get the chance to do what it does then it can't grow stronger as you need it to. Just my opinion of course.

Peace & Love

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I've never gotten a flu shot and never will...

Not just on flu shots but for those that have time. You should watch this:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

Thanks for posting that video. I'm about 50 minutes in and it's quite interesting thus far. Shame about the "fairy" music though. lol

Rev

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by revmoofoo

Oh and at the risk of sounding like a cry baby...MY ARM HURTS!

No biggy really, but considering I didn't feel the needle go in or come out out, it feels a wee bit unjust that the hurt is totally disproportionate to the pain experienced at the time of the initial prick. hehe

Rev

edit on 29/11/2011 by revmoofoo because: Grammer

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jburg6

Suit yourself. Inject your kids with that death shot that actually does more harm than good. In fact it does no good at all. Like I said, suit yourself.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

I feel like I'm watching a video with no ending. lol I found her at times to quite a soporific, so I'm going to have to watch the last 30 minutes properly tomorrow.

Thanks again for sharing.

Rev

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm a big believer in letting my immune system do its job and fend off germs. The flu shot isn't even a guarantee, and I know too many people who get sick from it.

I don't take medicine even for headaches, and I only take medicine for absolute necessity.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This was the first year I received a flu shot. I've worked in the medical field for a few years and have gotten the flu almost every year for the past 5 years. One year it was the swine flu. Those were the worst 2 weeks of my life, not kidding, either. I live a pretty healthy lifestyle (besides the fact that I work in an emergency dept, lol) and it's gotten to me every year. My immune system is pretty shotty (always has been since I was young) so I did it to keep myself, my family and my patients healthy.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'm not the type to fall in for conspiracies but this is one where I got to scratch my head and wonder. Why are they pushing these flu shots down our throats so much? I had one once. Was laid up with the flu for a few days immediately afterwards. They keep trying to convince us that the shots do not give you the flu but most people I talk to say otherwise. What's gonna happen when they demand I get one? It may come down to my job. I keep thinking this whole flu shot thing is some kind of scam.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join