It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Christians don't call their creator Allah ?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
If Jesus(PBUH) called his god "Allah", then why would "Christians" use other words when talking to or about
their Creator?

...wouldn't this be a false assumption, given that in the New Testament, we're told that Jesus cried out on the cross, "Eli, Eli, lama sabacthani", which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"?

To quote from Wikipedia (not the best source, but it seems consistent with other interpretive arguments I've read):

The phrase could be either:

אלי אלי למה עזבתני [ēlî ēlî lamâ azavtanî]; or
אלי אלי למא שבקתני [ēlî ēlî lamâ šabaqtanî]; or
אלהי אלהי למא שבקתני [ēlâhî ēlâhî lamâ šabaqtanî]

The Aramaic word šabaqtanî is based on the verb šabaq, 'to allow, to permit, to forgive, and to forsake', with the perfect tense ending -t (2nd person singular: 'you'), and the object suffix -anî (1st person singular: 'me').

So, unfortunately, it seems your premise is false.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

You put that very well. I agree 100% with your take as it was very well structured and right to the point.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Thats blasphemy.

Pretty sure jews would agree with that.
edit on 29-11-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

What is "Blasphemy" ? Please step out side of your terrestrial conditioning. Start to use your brain. The brain that sits inside your head doing nothing. Use it or you will lose it. As far as I am concerned it be those who believe GOD to be masculine who are committing the "blasphemy" in that they are perverting the English Language. Using a feminine word GOD when properly speaking they should be using the word LORD. The LORD is not GOD he only pretends to be. Exodus 15:3 "The LORD is a man of war. The LORD is his name". The "Jewish" are what their Torah states them to be. ##SNIPPED##. Interestingly the modern day Palestinians speak the same Aramaic language same as did the biblical Hebrews. However the modern day "Jewish" are not really Hebrew and do not speak Aramaic. Modern day "Jewish" are counterfeit and speak an obviously central eurasian language called Yiddish. Just because we might literate our English Language using the Hebrew Alphabet would not make it the Hebrew Language. It would still be the English Language. I am not a Jew. The Jewish and their LORD are not situated at the centre of the Universe as is their belief. Only GOD sits at the real centre of all things. The Jewish religion is therefore a blasphemy. Zionism is especially a grave deception wrought by their LORD to enslave the minds of men all the way to hell. The Nicean Creed is a grave evil perverting the word "Christianity". I suggest to you that the Nicean Creed is a blasphemy. Like as Jesus said you are the "blind leaders of the blind and the foolish leaders of the foolish and if one blind man leads another blind man then both of them will fall into the ditch". Remember also that Jesus said that "he who lives by the sword will die by the sword". Zionists are their own worst enemy. By trusting in violence they are sowing the seeds of their own destruction. Like as Jesus said about Jerusalem "not one stone will be left standing upon another".

The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the one absolute. The One True God. Her names are many but she be the one true God there be no other God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright NGL(c)2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 29/11/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Nov 30 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

i seem to remember about a year ago a few churches in iraq decided to start using Allah as a substitute for God. Well, some of their loving neighbors didn't agree that this was acceptable.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I agree with some of what you say but the Holy Spirit being a goddess? Youre trying to mix pagan with christianity. The Roman Catholics did that and it took us 1500 years to break free of that. That is impossible, because the Holy Spirit concieved Jesus within Mary, whom HE found favor being as she was a vestial virgin of the temple and found without fault. Youre trying to hybridize the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob into some mother godess type ancient pagan stuff.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
You should blame the language barrier on Allah. Remember the Tower of Babel incident?

Yeah yeah, he did do that. Touche. However man was challenging him. Mans "ego" was getting too big for his breeches so he let some of the hot air out. Can't fault him for that.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
You should blame the language barrier on Allah. Remember the Tower of Babel incident?

Yeah yeah, he did do that. Touche. However man was challenging him. Mans "ego" was getting too big for his breeches so he let some of the hot air out. Can't fault him for that.

Yeah, so being the all-knowing god he is, did he not see these problems coming? Whatever happened to just knocking the tower down and telling them to stop? And if they tried it again, knock it down again...and so on. Sooner or later they'd get the hint. Instead, he mixes up languages so that now we have this translation problem. Not smart.
edit on 29-11-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

Because we speak English. Then again, we really should call Jesus, Joshua, now shouldn't we?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

King James and his translators made thousands of changes to the original Bible. which Scripture forbids.

Pope Damasus decided the Canon of Scripture in 382 A.D. and requested
St. Jerome to translate the original Greek and Hebrew. Jerome translated into
Latin, the common language of the time. The first Bible is the Latin Vulgate.

You can read the English translation of the Vulgate...www.drbo.org...
It's called the Douay-Rheims Bible.

The Douay-Rheims Bible is a scrupulously faithful translation into English of the Latin Vulgate Bible which St. Jerome (342-420) translated into Latin from the original languages. The Vulgate quickly became the Bible universally used in the Latin Rite (by far the largest rite of the Catholic Church).

St. Jerome, who was one of the four great Western Fathers of the Church, was a man raised up by God to translate the Holy Bible into the common Latin tongue of his day. He knew Latin and Greek perfectly. He was 1500 years closer to the original languages than any scholar today, which would make him a better judge of the exact meaning of any Greek or Hebrew word in the Scriptures. Besides being a towering linguistic genius, he was also a great saint, and he had access to ancient Hebrew and Greek manuscripts of the 2nd and 3rd centuries which have since perished and are no longer available to scholars today. St. Jerome's translation, moreover, was a careful, word-for-word rendering of the original texts into Latin.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I agree with some of what you say but the Holy Spirit being a goddess? Youre trying to mix pagan with christianity. The Roman Catholics did that and it took us 1500 years to break free of that. That is impossible, because the Holy Spirit concieved Jesus within Mary, whom HE found favor being as she was a vestial virgin of the temple and found without fault. Youre trying to hybridize the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob into some mother godess type ancient pagan stuff.

lonewolf,

Quoting from a Catholic book, the Bible while at the same time denying her
authority? Breaking away from the original should be a hint. Jesus said
I will not leave My Church in Matthew 16:18.

Come home where you belong brother. The Remnant is Roman Catholic.
Everyone's going to be given a chance to "see" this fact by God Himself and then
you will have to decide.

The Great Warning spoken of in Revelation 6:12-17 is soon.

colbe

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The Great Prophet assimilated Allah from the Arabian god of the moon, whom his father worshipped, but also gave it Judeo-Christian characteristics. This is definitely not the God of Christianity nor should a false god be.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You are wise lonewolf. I wish it were possible to fellowship with others like you. You know the law and see its glory, And it is your desire to follow love. Yes I was a little more indepth, believers like you will see the path but Im afraid the path may not be for all.

For now we have the Glory of ATS. LOL

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Why do you care about revelations so much? Is there anything you can do to add even a minute to your own life? God will decide when to send his son. If we are children of God it does not matter the day of the end because we will not be caught off guard.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Interestingly the modern day Palestinians speak the same Aramaic language same as did the biblical Hebrews.

Do you know the difference between Arabic and Aramaic? They are different languages...even if the former is based on the latter.

However the modern day "Jewish" are not really Hebrew and do not speak Aramaic.

Yawn.... Which is why they alone speak the Hebrew language..Look up history. Nearly half the population of Israel is Sephardic (knowing you racists will say Ashkanazi Jews aren't really Jews, despite DNA tests that prove otherwise, and historical records of a Jewish presence in France, Germany and Italy before the CE, but still, you want to attack their legitimacy. I get it)...unless sephardic Jews, those DARK Skinned, Hebrew speaking Jews, who withstood Islamic proselytizing, dehumanization via Dhimmitude, aren't "Real Hebrews" either.....

odern day "Jewish" are counterfeit and speak an obviously central eurasian language called Yiddish.

You really are a total ignormaus. What do you think Ladino is? Jews have a propensity for developing non-sacred languages - to avoid speaking with the holy tongue/Hebrew - such as Yiddish, which is a germanic language with Hebrew words intermixed, or ladino, spoken by Sephardic Jews in Spain/Portugal or bukhori, spoken by Persian Jews etc...

Link

-------------

That crap you post after everyone of your posts, is a needless waste of bandwidth.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Because we speak English. Then again, we really should call Jesus, Joshua, now shouldn't we?

Some hipster Christians try to get away with this crap, or with calling Jesus "Yeshua." It's a kind of self-absorbed, literally holier-then-thou, one-upmanship intended to say to other people, "I know the real name of Christ, so I'm better than you regular church going slobs." Reminds me of people who go out of the way to roll their "r" sounds when speaking Hispanic names. Or people who correct you if you get something wrong about Star Trek.

Yeah, it's technically correct, but it's also annoying superior nerdish behavior that just pisses people off. And they know it and do it on purpose. That's the aggravating part.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Remember Simon also called Peter.
Saul also called Paul
Yeshua also called Jesus.

So you are correct it does not matter. What matters is that you understand what was done for you by Jesus our lord and savior.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinair1
Cause in English the word for allah is god. people in the united states dont speak arabic. English in general.

Would you call Vladimir Putin "Fred" since you speak English and Vladimir is a Russian name?

If there is somebody in Zimbabwe named Boukuh Peterless......his name in English is still Boukuh Peterless.

God is an English word made up 401 years ago by King James. When he had money and power problems and wanted his people to pray to "Gad" which was a Semitic Deity...and saying "God" in English is the same sound as the old word Gad. Christians today pray to the Semitic Deity of Fortune, Gad. Not YHWH.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'm still reading through the thread, so I apologize if this is already being addressed.

Originally posted by samsamm9
It is about the book of James being left out by Christian leaders, mainly because he is being described as their Master but not divine. A human blessed by god. it is the teachings of Jesus and not about Jesus....

This is the trouble that comes out of reading other people's mail. The book of James wasn't even addressed to the church!

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Right from the start, it is clear that James is writing this letter to the Twelve tribes--including the "lost" ones. I say "lost" because with a bit of studying it becomes clear that they're not actually lost at all, just look at who fits the bill has having the promises of God and you'll swiftly find just where they went to but that's a whole 'nother discussion right there.

--bornagainpenguin

PS: Usually I just lurk here but when I saw this I was compelled to create an account and post this reply to you. I'm glad I did! I had no idea how different the site looked when you logged in versus how it is displayed for lurkers.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Or you're just a grammar nazi.

I don't always call Jesus, Joshua. But when I do, it's because I fell like being a grammar nazi.

I don't actually care about what others view me or it as. It's just being correct.

If you get angry over stupid crap like that, I suggest there is more ill with you than with I.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join