It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate To Vote On A Bill Allowing Military To Arrest & Hold Citizens Indefinitely

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is a reply to those who say that the bill does not apply to U.S. citizens:

It applies to people who support or engage in terrorist (or terrorist-like) activities, regardless of national boundaries. For a quick reminder of what constitutes terrorist activities, check out this DHS video (supported by football star John Elway) showing the 8 signs of terrorism:

1. Surveillance- Someone recording or monitoring activities. This may include the use of cameras, note taking, drawing diagrams, annotating on maps, or using binoculars or other vision-enhancing devices.

2. Elicitation- People or organizations attempting to gain information about military operations, capabilities, or people. Elicitation attempts may be made by mail, email, telephone, or in person. This could also include eavesdropping or friendly conversation.

3. Tests of Security- Any attempts to measure reaction times to security breaches, attempts to penetrate physical security barriers, or monitor procedures in order to assess strengths and weaknesses.

4. Funding- Suspicious transactions involving large cash payments, deposits, or withdrawals are common signs of terrorist funding. Collections for donations, the solicitation for money and criminal activity are also warning signs.

5. Supplies- Purchasing or stealing explosives, weapons, ammunition, etc. This also includes acquiring military uniforms, decals, flight manuals, passes or badges (or the equipment to manufacture such items) and any other controlled items.

6. Impersonation- People who dont seem to belong in the workplace, neighborhood, business establishment, or anywhere else. This includes suspicious border crossings, the impersonation of law enforcement, military personnel, or company employees is also a sign.

7. Rehearsal- Putting people in position and moving them around according to their plan without actually committing the terrorist act. An element of this activity could also include mapping out routes and determining the timing of traffic lights and flow.

8. Deployment- People and supplies getting into position to commit the act. This is the persons last chance to alert authorities before the terrorist act occurs.

So if you use a camera or binoculars, check your watch, use a map, talk to people on the phone or internet, donate to charity, collect gold, own a gun, let alone engaging in 'anti-state' discussions... You might be seen as a terrorist, and can be indefinitely detained by the military according to this bill.
edit on 27-11-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Droidinvoid

Someone needs to lay into them but forcing them to listen is another matter. As long as they have a roof over their heads, us paying their bills, no change in income until death (also on us) they have no desire to really push for change. I'd say that we can voice our opinion all we want but obviously that's changing as well. Taking manhole covers? Keeping my fingers crossed one of THEM falls into the hole! LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by claireaudient

Our basic human rights are being taken away one by one and without our knowledge. If this passes our Constitutional right to free speech and to gather will be, for all intents and purposes, gone. They think they have a problem with OWS, once this hits the MSM, if it does before it passes, every one of us should hit the streets of DC. I can't find the words to sufficiently describe how furious this makes me.

www.addictinginfo.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

I'd laugh about this as being hysterically funny but for the fact I live here too and so it loses all humor real quick. If only I could be sipping a Mai-Tai in Costa Rica or smelling the odors of local life in Fiji or Tonga. I would certainly fall out of my chair with laughter and amusement.

Whats funny to me is that people like myself said this would be the outcome back in Sept of 2001 when we all got the first look at the Patriot Act. We said it again when Jose Padilla was arrested on American Soil for the crime of intentions...not actions. Expanding the enemy combatant definition to cover pretty much ANYONE they decide they don't like was a logical extension of what started after 9/11.

What was the reaction back then when those of us went hoarse yelling warnings? Oh... Ridicule and Derision. The U.S. would never do such things.... Oh, but but but..we're at war, people said...We HAD to treat *AMERICAN* citizens the SAME as foreign Jihadi fighters....so the logic went. Well... Welcome to the day coming where YOU are the terrorist in their eyes and the vans are coming for YOU not Jose Padilla. Enjoy the day as it dawns.....who knows how many are still around to see the sun set as this attitude crosses our land.

That's what I said as well when the truth dawned.
The moment European US citizen's were treated with the brush of assumed terrorism treatment I thought the governments might as well openly declare they were tyrants in my eyes

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
if this passes then we the sheeple should takre up arms and make them remember why we have a constiturion.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

It's all about continental free trade. This new thread is related, really.

Border deal a hard barrier for Harper's critics to cross

...and so are these old ones:

2004: US Brokers Continental Corporate Takeover

2005: The Patriot Act 2, Immigration and NORTHCOM.

2005: Patriot Act II. Update

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? Don't think so.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
did some digging into the bill: sec 1032 (b)(1): "The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

www.gpo.gov... (page 362)
edit on 11-27-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

This information has been posted many times in a different thread on this subject, but people refuse to acknowledge it, they would much rather fear monger than know the truth.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pforkp
This is a reply to those who say that the bill does not apply to U.S. citizens:

It applies to people who support or engage in terrorist (or terrorist-like) activities, regardless of national boundaries. For a quick reminder of what constitutes terrorist activities, check out this DHS video (supported by football star John Elway) showing the 8 signs of terrorism:

1. Surveillance- Someone recording or monitoring activities. This may include the use of cameras, note taking, drawing diagrams, annotating on maps, or using binoculars or other vision-enhancing devices.

2. Elicitation- People or organizations attempting to gain information about military operations, capabilities, or people. Elicitation attempts may be made by mail, email, telephone, or in person. This could also include eavesdropping or friendly conversation.

3. Tests of Security- Any attempts to measure reaction times to security breaches, attempts to penetrate physical security barriers, or monitor procedures in order to assess strengths and weaknesses.

4. Funding- Suspicious transactions involving large cash payments, deposits, or withdrawals are common signs of terrorist funding. Collections for donations, the solicitation for money and criminal activity are also warning signs.

5. Supplies- Purchasing or stealing explosives, weapons, ammunition, etc. This also includes acquiring military uniforms, decals, flight manuals, passes or badges (or the equipment to manufacture such items) and any other controlled items.

6. Impersonation- People who dont seem to belong in the workplace, neighborhood, business establishment, or anywhere else. This includes suspicious border crossings, the impersonation of law enforcement, military personnel, or company employees is also a sign.

7. Rehearsal- Putting people in position and moving them around according to their plan without actually committing the terrorist act. An element of this activity could also include mapping out routes and determining the timing of traffic lights and flow.

8. Deployment- People and supplies getting into position to commit the act. This is the persons last chance to alert authorities before the terrorist act occurs.

Of course it applies to an American citizen, as long as that citizen meats the criteria for carrying out terrorist activities. Wouldn't they have been arrested without this bill in place? Probably by the local law enforcement, but why does it matter local or military, if they are indeed taking part in terrorist activities.

So if you use a camera or binoculars, check your watch, use a map, talk to people on the phone or internet, donate to charity, collect gold, own a gun, let alone engaging in 'anti-state' discussions... You might be seen as a terrorist, and can be indefinitely detained by the military according to this bill.
edit on 27-11-2011 by pforkp because: (no reason given)

These actions you listed if performed in a normal every day setting without being suspicious would not be considered terrorist activities, I think you are over dramatizing a little here...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Until last month I was a military wife. My ex is an officer and for the last 5 years of our marriage through the present I wouldn't trust him or his "friends" to take control of any situation. That's not bitterness for the situation that's simply the truth of who they take orders from and how they respond to a perceived threat.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

As a registered Republican, I say this - I am no longer a true Republican. I am a Libertarian. I will remain a registered Rep until Ron Paul's 2012 bid is over. Then , I may just leave this God-Forsaken republic.

Military men and women out there - I BEG you to remember your oath. It was to defend the constitution against all enemies, not the politicians....remember it and stand with us. We will stand with you!

BTW - McCain is an insane, senile, nut-job who needs to have a psych evaluation before he destroys this country any further with his paranoid delusions.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladoneaThis is really frightening....if this bill passes....I would be scared to go out for a walk.

What makes you think they will honor your domicile?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
if this passes then we the sheeple should takre up arms and make them remember why we have a constiturion.

True and be thankful that the Bill of Rights allows us to be alcoholics.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Im a Brit so I can only use My ability to read subtitles
They say the inprisonment indefinately without trial does not apply to US citizens however they dont say the arrest doesnt apply in other words they can say sorry you was in millitary custody for 6 months but we just needed to verify you was a US citizen. The Senators can then decry the millitary publicly just in time to get the voters on side for the next ellection as I said Im just a Brit but its how it reads to me

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarmerGeneral
I was telling everyone the US was heading towards what i termed Nazism

Fascism but hey you're on a roll so who cares, huh?

from 1996 forward. The derision, scorn and hate heaped upon me was immeasurable. Needless to say everything I argued was supported by documentation and sound logic. Many people even denied Project Paper Clip.

The e-n-o-r-m-o-u-s length of extrapolation from Paperclip to full blown Nazism is what, I pray tell, got you in a heap of your own suds.

Originally posted by FarmerGeneral Hitlers ideology never died, nor did it's capital and determined operators of global conquest desist from Adolph Hitler's vision. What we see in the world today is a result of that.

Uh, see what I mean!

A dark scary spot within me still holds the terrible realization that if Hitler's body or some part of it were saved present technology is close to or at the level to return him from the dead by cloning.

Gosh, a whole Hitler, mr scary woo woo.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OrwellWasAnOptimist

Defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC. Who among them ever thought that they would be said domestic enemies?

LiveToSpendIt ~ Have my glass of wine right here!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
...Operation Paper Clip after the war and with the bank financing (Prescott Bush and Union Bank) of the Nazis before the war we must be cognizant of and vigilant against a possible Rise of a Fourth Reich. Thanks for the reminder.

Tell you what.

You keep a-lookout for Hitler and The Boys and I'll keep a-watch on the transnational corporations who will take the lead in the global governing of people in civilized lands. my job is much tougher. They don't wear fancy uniforms or much worry about Hitler-seekers.

You're safe and I'm in the muck.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
Defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC. Who among them ever thought that they would be said domestic enemies?

Oh, lessee, the Founding Fathers?

Originally posted by claireaudientLiveToSpendIt ~ Have my glass of wine right here!

No, no, I stomp my own, thank you.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

We have several lawyers in the family and countries, particularly the US have a tendency to change definitions of what a "terrorist' is on a regular basis.

For the Senate to vote and succeed to have the ability to arrest and hold citizens indefinitely is in direct violation of our 1st amendment.

I'm not talking about bomb strapping nutzos, but citizens that protest injustice and are smart enough to see the shell game being played out.

It's coming, many people just don't see it....................step by step, inch by inch the government that is suppose to protect the PEOPLE'S best interest is now deeply in bed with the major corporations and the 1% that own them (and Washington).

Time to clean house and rethink. But, that would take the average citizen to put down that remote, Xbox, Cell phone, Fictional novel, etc and get physically involved.

We as a country have been lied to, deceived, distracted, dumbed down, vote tampering, over worked and mucked over by the very government (corporations now own and operate our government) to the point it may very well take another revolution to get our true freedoms and liberties back.

Very drastic words..................but we now live in very drastic times.

edit on 27-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt

In today's society my dear, not that of 235 years ago
You can keep your grape toe jam

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro from Michoacán, Mexico

I'm swilling Margaritas in Mexico these days because of just these reasons. I'm not laughing nor particularly amused, very concerned though. I knew it was coming to this. Very glad I made my move, and glad I sold my US home before the crash.

So, you joined Los Zetas, eh El Chango?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join