It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate To Vote On A Bill Allowing Military To Arrest & Hold Citizens Indefinitely

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Senate To Vote On A Bill Allowing Military To Arrest & Hold Citizens Indefinitely

www.addictinginfo.org

A provision of S. 1867, or the National Defense Authorization Act bill, written by Senators John McCain and Carl Levin, declares American soil a battlefield and allows the President and all future Chief Executives to order the military to arrest and detain American citizens, innocent or not, without charge or trial. In other words, if this bill passes and the President signs it, OWS protesters or any American could end up arrested and indefinitely locked up by the military without the guaranteed right to due process or a speedy trial
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Our basic human rights are being taken away one by one and without our knowledge. If this passes our Constitutional right to free speech and to gather will be, for all intents and purposes, gone. They think they have a problem with OWS, once this hits the MSM, if it does before it passes, every one of us should hit the streets of DC. I can't find the words to sufficiently describe how furious this makes me.

www.addictinginfo.org

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
at this rate we should just rip up the constitution now. what ever happened to innocent till proven guilty?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone wake me from this nightmare.

I feel like I've fallen into some bad B movie of the future of our country!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
There is very little cause to be proud to be an American any more. We're Amerikan's. I'm wondering exactly when did we take this turn?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Ghaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone wake me from this nightmare.

I feel like I've fallen into some bad B movie of the future of our country!

I feel the same way. Will some one please change the channel!!!
The Twilight Zone is real and I am in it!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

This is really frightening....if this bill passes....I would be scared to go out for a walk. Why do they want to pass this law? I am just wondering...if TPTB know what is going to happen....(because they created it)....our American soil will be considered a (battle field)...I feel like I am in the middle of a nightmare.

Here is an interesting read about this from 2010...

www.nolanchart.com...

edit on 27-11-2011 by caladonea because: add more

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
did some digging into the bill: sec 1032 (b)(1): "The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States."

www.gpo.gov... (page 362)
edit on 11-27-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Thank you Roger. If that's the case I have to wonder what's the point of the bill other than a colossal waste of time and money?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

written by Senators John McCain and Carl Levin, declares American soil a battlefield and allows the President and all future Chief Executives to order the military to arrest and detain American citizens, innocent or not, without charge or trial. In other words, if this bill passes and the President signs it, OWS protesters or any American could end up arrested and indefinitely locked up by the military without the guaranteed right to due process or a speedy trial

A Bill by John McCain the self proven war monger why i am not surprised.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient

Thank you Roger. If that's the case I have to wonder what's the point of the bill other than a colossal waste of time and money?

No clue. The thing is a tangled mess of crap.. as is normal with any bill written in DC. Not surprised it is sponsored by McCain's office.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
wow, little further digging..

First the ammendments:

Amendments For s.1867

SA 1126. Mrs. FEINSTEIN (for herself, Mr. Leahy, Mr. Durbin, and Mr. Udall of Colorado) submitted an amendment intended to be proposed by her to the bill S. 1867, to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2012 for military activities of the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes; as follows:

On page 360, between lines 21 and 22, insert the following:

(e) Applicability to Citizens.--The authority described in this section for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain a person does not include the authority to detain a citizen of the United States without trial until the end of the hostilities.

SA 1126 (about halfway down the page)

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Yes, is it any wonder their car plates read "Taxation Without Representation"? I could spit & hit the District but stay out unless company wants to visit the sights.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Interesting news, already covered here though:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This bill better not pass.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

What "hostilities"? Any hostility felt by the public toward the gov't, now or in the future, are a direct result of their actions. Question is.....do THEY also see another revolution coming and that's the reason for the verbiage?

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yeah, it kinda jumped the shark on page 5, though. Stopped addressing the bill and went into martial law, discussion about traitors, etc. Normal ATS stuff..

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

What "hostilities"? Any hostility felt by the public toward the gov't, now or in the future, are a direct result of their actions. Question is.....do THEY also see another revolution coming and that's the reason for the verbiage?

??? You replied to my post about the amendments.. but I am clueless as to what you are actually talking about here.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Sorry, was a response to this:

On page 360, between lines 21 and 22, insert the following:

(e) Applicability to Citizens.--The authority described in this section for the Armed Forces of the United States to detain a person does not include the authority to detain a citizen of the United States without trial until the end of the hostilities.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Our basic human rights are being taken away one by one and without our knowledge. If this passes our Constitutional right to free speech and to gather will be, for all intents and purposes, gone. They think they have a problem with OWS, once this hits the MSM, if it does before it passes, every one of us should hit the streets of DC. I can't find the words to sufficiently describe how furious this makes me.

www.addictinginfo.org

I'd laugh about this as being hysterically funny but for the fact I live here too and so it loses all humor real quick. If only I could be sipping a Mai-Tai in Costa Rica or smelling the odors of local life in Fiji or Tonga. I would certainly fall out of my chair with laughter and amusement.

Whats funny to me is that people like myself said this would be the outcome back in Sept of 2001 when we all got the first look at the Patriot Act. We said it again when Jose Padilla was arrested on American Soil for the crime of intentions...not actions. Expanding the enemy combatant definition to cover pretty much ANYONE they decide they don't like was a logical extension of what started after 9/11.

What was the reaction back then when those of us went hoarse yelling warnings? Oh... Ridicule and Derision. The U.S. would never do such things.... Oh, but but but..we're at war, people said...We HAD to treat *AMERICAN* citizens the SAME as foreign Jihadi fighters....so the logic went. Well... Welcome to the day coming where YOU are the terrorist in their eyes and the vans are coming for YOU not Jose Padilla. Enjoy the day as it dawns.....who knows how many are still around to see the sun set as this attitude crosses our land.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

For a lot of us it isn't safe to take a walk through our own neighborhood any more simply for the lawlessness that has become to be the norm.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join