It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops bust open face of Black Friday grandpa

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I know there are a lot of black friday madness stories and videos posted already. Didn't find this in a search and it happens to be the most infuriating I've seen yet.
rt.com...

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Nov 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
He was shoplifting apparrently....

Not that im saying thats ok or anything.

Black friday really did some crazy things to normal folk, unfortunatly showing the police that all this homeland defence might actually justified afterall 0.o

dark day indeed for USA.

EDIT: i mean black friday as a whole here, not just this incident. The pepper spraying and apparrently even shots fired!!! and no not the cops!
edit on 26-11-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
He was already in cuffs being led outside when 1 law dog apparently decided he needed a closeup of the floor 1st. What was the purpose? These guys are getting way to comfortable smacking regular folk around.

edit on 26-11-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Yet again my blood boils.

These people, who are meant to serve and protect, will go untouched for their crimes against this man. It's a disgrace. More worryingly for me though, is the fact the incidents like these are taking a seemingly massive leap in frequency and in their levels of violence and injury.

Don't you dare defend the cops on this one.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm glad we don't have black Friday in Canada. Who cares about crazy deals. You are still playing into the corporation's hands. I would never take part in this insanity.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

there were better deals three weeks ago. black friday is not a very good "sale" if you want to call it that.

three weeks ago: 50% off of socks at my local store
black friday "sale": 10% off

i believe the term "black friday" means that the retail stores go from red to black during the week after thanksgiving. i never read it anywhere but i was told this in conversation not long ago. so it's not a celebration of bargains. only celebrating the retail store's income.

-subfab

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Can I ask how 'Black Friday' got that name?

Perhaps a religious pun on 'Good Friday'..or..

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I like this story. Certain people might argue the man was not trying to shoplift, and didn't deserve it. Those same people would argue the opposite if this old man were a young protester. In other words it would be his fault. Did the old man really think nothing was going to happen? Talk about naive.

HIS FAULT. Keep the merchandise where it can be seen, to do anything else is asking for trouble. If you don't like it go to a small business and shop.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

I like this story. Certain people might argue the man was not trying to shoplift, and didn't deserve it. Those same people would argue the opposite if this old man were a young protester. In other words it would be his fault. Did the old man really think nothing was going to happen? Talk about naive.

HIS FAULT. Keep the merchandise where it can be seen, to do anything else is asking for trouble. If you don't like it go to a small business and shop.

There seems to be a LOT of argument in the immediate vicinity of this incident. Even the local news used the term 'alleged.' Bush said there were WMD's in Iraq. We see how all that is still unfolding.
As for keeping merchandise where it can be seen. Most states, if not all, state a suspect must step outside the store building for merchandise to be considered stolen. It was his fault 1 person wearing a badge and gun set on beating someone up, almost started a riot and hurt some cops. You listen to that video, you know it's a powder keg.
edit on 26-11-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I have had to run and errands and do some normal shooping but have put it off for the past 3 days. I have no urge to get into the insanity and the cops waiting for a victim. This man not only recieved wounds he has also recieved a severe concussion. Why? Because he was there and the cops know they can. I have no idea what kind of training they are recieving but it has definitely changed. Once upon a time they would wait to get the victim out of general sight before they did this stuff. Not anymore.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Don't forget, this kind of behavior has been going on for a long time. It isn't anything new. It's new to you, because of the ability of everyone and their dog to film anything and everything.

IE: (Been around for a long time) : Phone booking, beating confessions, etc and so forth. Not saying it's right, just saying it isn't new.

Seems like big brother isn't the gov't after all. It's the people. Good that police can now be scrutinized by the ones they "serve and protect".

Will these kinds of videos evoke change? One can only hope.

We may already be too far down the $hitter though. Lets hope not.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
Can I ask how 'Black Friday' got that name?

Perhaps a religious pun on 'Good Friday'..or..

It has been the day, in years past, where the retailers all make it "into the black" as far as profitability for the year. It is the genius reasoning behind our economic collapse. Retailers operate at a loss for 11 months of the year, and then they hang all their hopes on this weekend for sales to bring them into the black, and then hopefully they turn a little profit between now and Christmas.

If you ask me, they should all go out of business if that is how they run things.

That is where the name came from though.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

If the elderly made more of an effort to adjust to change these things wouldn't happen. Times have changed. You don't put it under your shirt for any reason. Even if you don't like it, not abiding by it is asking for trouble.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The relationship between the corporations and the general public in this country is becoming more and more like the relationship between an abusive husband and a battered wife who keeps going back for more.

The only difference is at least the battered wife gets a profuse apology, and a promise it won't happen again. Even if it is a lie.

Disclaimer: I am not belittling or downplaying domestic abuse, it is very serious. But then so is my analogy.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I bet that fellow won't be shoplifting again any time soon.

That is pretty screwed up though...I wonder if he was resisting or took a swing at one of those pigs before he got his face smashed in?

Either way...that probably qualifies for excessive force!

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

I cannot remember the details. Black Friday refers to the sales of that day in relation to sales for the entire year.
Wiki: The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.[4] Use of the term started before 1966 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation began to be offered: that "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or are "in the black"

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ok, call me confused, but I thought it wasn't shoplifting until after the person left the store. Am I wrong? Has this changed? Police officers are not charged with determining guilt - that's why we have courts.

In either case, shoplifting or not, obviously this is excessive force. Whether or not he was shoplifting, this should NEVER have happened. WalMart's cameras didn't pick it up? Really?
edit on 26/11/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

Seriously? This is OK with you? This man deserved to be judged by the police? Why, then, do we have courts and judges and juries? Is this the extent of his "sentence" then? Can the police release this man now, since they sentenced him to beatings and he served his sentence?
edit on 26/11/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

What you're missing here is that the elderly can't change. Not as easily as the younger generations can adapt to change.

When you have habits and ways of doing things that you have adhered to as 'normal' for 50 years or more, you will realize just how hard it is to change those old habits. To this day, if I am pulled over by a cop, my first instinct is to slowly exit the car and amble back to the rear quarter panel to wait on the cop. It was a show of respect back in the day; you didn't expect the cop to make the whole walk. I know that the 'proper' procedure today is to sit in your car and keep your hands in plain sight, but that doesn't stop me from following that old habit.

Most cops I have met don't have a problem with this, although a couple have told me to get back in the car... and I comply. But the point is that I am showing respect for the cop in my own way, a way born before some of them were born. I am not going to change; I can't change. It is not for me, as an older guy, to change to suit the youth; it is for the youth to adapt to me. I was here first.

Now that said, hiding merchandise that is not yours yet under clothing was never, in my experience, considered a decent thing to do. I am not supporting that; I am simply answering your point that the elderly should change their ways.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

His sentence should be 20 hours of common sense class. But he's an old guy. Old guys are always right.

Don't blame the guy walking into the street blindly, blame the bus.
edit on 26-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join