It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light Falls on Dead Vet's Dog. Photo + Something... More...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Strange Light Falls on Dead Vet's Dog

Black Friday bite this!

Here we've got heartbreak, hope, a fallen soldier, his parents, a very special pup names 'Hero' and a journalist who now wonders what the 'light' is going on.

A strange, almost, er, heavenly, light that fell on a dead veteran's dog during 20/20 filming has given a photographer paws for reflection, she reveals in an unusual note on ABC News.com. The beam of light that briefly bathed Hero the mutt during a "simple" shoot at the New Hampshire home of fallen soldier Justin Rollins "made me wonder about life after death," writes Kimberly Launier. She was filming Rollins' parents playing with their son's dog, who was rescued from the Iraq war zone. Sometimes mom Rhonda Rollins would pet Hero's face and ask, "Justin, are you in there?"

pic link

It was an overcast day in Newport, N.H., when a simple “20/20″ shoot turned into something that made me wonder about life after death.

I was filming soldier Justin Rollin’s parents Skip and Rhonda playing with their dog Hero, whose rescue from the Iraq War zone where Justin died was nothing short of a miracle.

All of a sudden, the clouds broke and a light began to solidify in a beam directly down on Hero — a kind of vertical halo.

Coincidence? Or... Divine Intervention?

As this dramatic ray of light was shining on Hero she turned to look at me, and it was all I could do to hold the camera steady and not drop it in astonishment. It was an unforgettable moment, and made me wonder if in fact Justin was in there. Then the light vanished.

I couldn’t wait to check my camera’s playback to see if it caught the stunning beam. When I saw that it did, I was so happy that I burst out dancing. It was a great moment to share with Justin’s parents. We all laughed together, and wondered if perhaps this had been a sign from Justin.

My opinion? Stranger things have happened. beautiful story no matter what you believe.

On a side note: The 'demon' and the 'jester' are hard to ignore - but - I choose to stick with the heartwarming part of the story for now!

peace
edit on 25-11-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

edit on 25-11-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Justin and 'Hero' in better times...

peace

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The picture was taken behind a window.....You can see this when you zoom in on the image around the light.

I see nothing paranormal.....the things you have circled are shrubbery. The light/picture has been brightened to make the light seem more intense.

After messing about in photoshop for 2 mins its clear the image has been adjusted...to make the light brighter.

If you walk through the forest you will see rays of light penetrating through the tops of the trees....this is nothing strange, nothing paranormal.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

This is a picture I took years ago. ( Scanned into my comp)The beam of light was caused by dust that was kicked up from a lawn mower ( out of frame) and the dust made the beams of light going through the trees, more visible.

A simple beam of light, does not mean there is a paranormal explanation. There are countless reasons for that beam to be there. Paranormal things is the last thing we need to look at.

We need to go through the logical explanations and see if we can come up with an answer...If not...Then maybe there is something...

But we need to investigate the logical possibilities first....

And I think if we do, we will find a logical explanation, in this case.

Also, the items you have circled next to the beam, are just parts of the bushes/tree's
edit on 25-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Thanks for your opinion. I guess you'll have to take your 'findings' to the 20/20 reporter who's responsible for the photo and article.

Oh, and as it seems you missed this part? She did not film 'through a window' and did not 'Photoshop' the photo.

In fact she did a 'happy dance' when she developed the pictures and 'couldn't wait' to share them with Justin's parents. Of course that was all there in the article and the thread - I'm repeating myself as it seems you missed it.

As this dramatic ray of light was shining on Hero she turned to look at me, and it was all I could do to hold the camera steady and not drop it in astonishment. It was an unforgettable moment, and made me wonder if in fact Justin was in there. Then the light vanished.

I couldn’t wait to check my camera’s playback to see if it caught the stunning beam. When I saw that it did, I was so happy that I burst out dancing. It was a great moment to share with Justin’s parents. We all laughed together, and wondered if perhaps this had been a sign from Justin.

I've truly doubt a 20/20 reporter would 'put something out there' that could so easily be negated and honestly I've no reason to doubt her.

peace
edit on 25-11-2011 by silo13 because: double reply

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

A simple beam of light, does not mean there is a paranormal explanation. There are countless reasons for that beam to be there. Paranormal things is the last thing we need to look at.

Was this a 'simple beam of light' - on a cloudy day in NH while a reporter doing a story on a fallen soldier is filming the dog 'Hero' - all the fallen soldier's family has left of their son - besides memories?

Was it a 'simple beam of light' as a parent and reporter asked each other, and the dog 'Hero' - 'Justin, are you in there' - just before the light appeared?

A 'simple beam of light might not mean there's a paranormal explanation - but it does not negate one either. And those 'countless reasons for the bean of light to be there'?

Couldn't one of them be... Justin?

You bet.

peace

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I read the article...looked at the picture...imported it to photoshop...and came to my conclusions. What did you do apart from read the article???

This was taken behind a window....the woman is clearly lying if she says otherwise.

The image has been adjusted....sorry

But regardless of whether its taken behind a window or been edited to highlight the light....its STILL nothing paranormal.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
whats the story on the dog? does just hang out there all the time?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by loves a conspiricy
I've truly doubt a 20/20 reporter would 'put something out there' that could so easily be negated and honestly I've no reason to doubt her

Really? The media fabricates things all the time. It is normal here on ATS for people to thoroughly check into a pictures validity, but the rest of the world would not even question it because they think that surely a 2020 reporter wouldn't do such a thing. Faith is dangerous.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Great picture, but you didn't circle any demons, ghosts, or jesters in it.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Was this a 'simple beam of light' - on a cloudy day in NH while a reporter doing a story on a fallen soldier is filming the dog 'Hero' - all the fallen soldier's family has left of their son - besides memories?

Was it a 'simple beam of light' as a parent and reporter asked each other, and the dog 'Hero' - 'Justin, are you in there' - just before the light appeared?

A 'simple beam of light might not mean there's a paranormal explanation - but it does not negate one either. And those 'countless reasons for the bean of light to be there'?

Couldn't one of them be... Justin?

You bet.

peace

All I am saying is that we should investigate all the logical explanations first, rather than just jump to the conclusion that it is a dead guy....

Any legit ghost hunter should....If we can rule out the logical,then we may just have something...

But to turn a blind eye on the logical, is to not allow yourself the truth, regardless of what that might be.

I am a firm believer in ghosts....But to just assume it is a ghost, is silly.

Yes, it could be paranormal,but just because it could be, does not mean it is.

How about we work together to think of logical explanations, test those explanations and to move toward finding the answer as to just what it is we are looking at, rather than just saying...Yep.... Thats a dead guy....

Scientific method...If it were used more often, the paranormal might be taken more seriously...

I never said that it could not be Justin....I am only calling for an unbiased investigation into the cause.You can't let your beliefs get in the way of finding truth, because you will find that you are not always right.

Neither am I. Let's have an unbiased investigation and figure out what it is....

Is that so bad?

Feel free to send me a U2U if you ever want help figuring out exactly what we are looking at.

edit on 25-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright

Great picture, but you didn't circle any demons, ghosts, or jesters in it.

That is because there are none in my picture. Just dust and sunlight.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
The picture was taken behind a window.....You can see this when you zoom in on the image around the light.

I see nothing paranormal.....the things you have circled are shrubbery. The light/picture has been brightened to make the light seem more intense.

After messing about in photoshop for 2 mins its clear the image has been adjusted...to make the light brighter.

If you walk through the forest you will see rays of light penetrating through the tops of the trees....this is nothing strange, nothing paranormal.

Good job my friend. You win the award for the day. It is utterly imperative to make sure that the person posting this article is broken down to their main components so that way, they don't have a belief structure left at all. And, you were obviously the guy for that task.

I'm glad that you could be the one to, not only explain the coincidence of the sun hitting the dog at that specific moment as they were referring to the dog, but, you clearly demonstrated that the filthy liar of a woman who took this photo is exposed for the charlatan that she is. -If not for guys like you, this world may actually forget that nothing special ever occurs and that the world stays safe against dreamers, artists, and free-thinkers.

Aside from that, this photo was NOT taken behind a window, what you are seeing is called "LENS FLARE." And given the fact that there are so many clearly defined colors within the spectrum indicates that, she was in fact, outside when she took the picture. Windows tend to filter out much of the spectrum of white light, which usually only tends to leave a glare, as opposed to an array. Nonetheless, regardless of whether the picture lacks paranormal qualities, I'd have to say that catching that photo at the right time was absolutely astounding.

Thanks for delivering us the story OP!!!

STAR AND FLAG...
edit on 25-11-2011 by Destiny777 because: to add

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Destiny777

Aside from that, this photo was NOT taken behind a window, what you are seeing is called "LENS FLARE." And given the fact that there are so many clearly defined colors within the spectrum indicates that, she was in fact, outside when she took the picture. Windows tend to filter out much of the spectrum of white light, which usually only tends to leave a glare, as opposed to an array. Nonetheless, regardless of whether the picture lacks paranormal qualities, I'd have to say that catching that photo at the right time was absolutely astounding.

Thanks for delivering us the story OP!

On a note of most importance - I'm so glad the 'moment in the sun' and resulting photo gave the family joy. Joy is such a precious thing. That the family experienced a little piece of heaven should give us all hope. That the aftermath of this incident only added 'closure' for a family after loosing a son in such a horrific and abominable way is a beautiful thing. We all need more 'beautiful things' in our lives especially when there are those who will do all they can to 'break down' our beliefs in the good and the possibility of 'more'. Thank goodness some of us are stronger than that. Because ultimately it takes a stronger person to believe - than to tear down.

peace

edit on 26-11-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here's a video of Justin's and Hero's story.

A tough watch. But a beautiful story. What this family went through to get 'Hero' home.

Enjoy.

peace

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
So they actually for a split second thought the vet was inside the dog or watching the dog? im confused

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Thanks for delivering us the story OP!

On a note of most importance - I'm so glad the 'moment in the sun' and resulting photo gave the family joy. Joy is such a precious thing. That the family experienced a little piece of heaven should give us all hope. That the aftermath of this incident only added 'closure' for a family after loosing a son in such a horrific and abominable way is a beautiful thing. We all need more 'beautiful things' in our lives especially when there are those who will do all they can to 'break down' our beliefs in the good and the possibility of 'more'. Thank goodness some of us are stronger than that. Because ultimately it takes a stronger person to believe - than to tear down.

peace

edit on 26-11-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

Agreed...thank you for your response.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

So they actually for a split second thought the vet was inside the dog or watching the dog? im confused

I think they do believe some of their son's 'spirit' is in the dog, in a strange loving way. But the 'moment in the sun'? I get the impression they received that as more of a 'sign'. A sign from their son to have peace.

Just my impression.

peace

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Good job my friend. You win the award for the day. It is utterly imperative to make sure that the person posting this article is broken down to their main components so that way, they don't have a belief structure left at all. And, you were obviously the guy for that task.

Hey, nice to meet you too

BUT....if it looks fake then most of the time it is. Nothing wrong with looking deeper into something....i guess thats why im not religious

OR you could just believe every old bit of nonsense in the public domain...you're choice.

I'm glad that you could be the one to, not only explain the coincidence of the sun hitting the dog at that specific moment as they were referring to the dog, but, you clearly demonstrated that the filthy liar of a woman who took this photo is exposed for the charlatan that she is.

Exactly....coincidence....a break in the clouds, a beam of light. Ive seen it hundreds if not thousands of times in my lifetime.
It looks like its taken behind a window....you do know people lie to make their story more convincing?? Instead of taking the mickey...how about you look at it deeper...or are you one of those that accepts anything on face value? Im assuming the later.

-If not for guys like you, this world may actually forget that nothing special ever occurs and that the world stays safe against dreamers, artists, and free-thinkers.

I dont know how you have come to this? Because i can see the pic is taken through a window and dont believe the story?....i think you are whats known as a troll

Aside from that, this photo was NOT taken behind a window, what you are seeing is called "LENS FLARE." And given the fact that there are so many clearly defined colors within the spectrum indicates that, she was in fact, outside when she took the picture. Windows tend to filter out much of the spectrum of white light,

I beg to differ, but im the one who has looked at the photo in detail....whereas you have just read the story, its pulled on your heart strings, and this is some sort of light from imaginary land (heaven) or aliens...OOOOOOOOOOOK.

Nothing wrong with being skeptical dude, if we all took everything on face value the world would be a very different place :p

top topics

<<   2 >>

join