It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police 'killed deaf cyclist with stun gun after he failed to obey instructions to stop'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

There are all kinds of "laws"...

These are the laws I'm interested in:

en.wikipedia.org...

Jay Walking and Seat Belt infractions mean little to me but I realize society must provide something for even the most challenged amongst us to keep busy and provide fulfillment.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

wow

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I sense a big bad cop

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

Go start a racist thread. Don't bring it here pumpkin

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dolamite

I sense a big bad cop

I sense people who dont understand the law and are so blinded by hatred of the police they are incapable of seeing something objectively. The 100 meter rush to judgement aside, the cause of death has not been determined. Shouldnt we wait for that first before people start passing ou the pitchforks and torches?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

You're honestly not trying to defend this officer's actions are you?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

This just adds to the saddness generated from this part of the current global society. SAd I wish his family the best. THOSE tasers should have an effect on those pushing the button to act as a release mechanisim for the puller. They are dangerous.

edit on 11/28/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Shouldnt we wait for that first before people start passing ou the pitchforks and torches?

Are you serious?

Open your eyes! There are literally thousands of stories like this. More in recent years then ever.

This was a ROOKIE cop! That means he was FRESH out of the academy, RECENTLY TRAINED!

Another innocent person killed by our tax dollar payed police.

First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me... ...Pastor Martin Niemöller

edit on 11/28/2011 by ghoulardi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888

If you read my initial posts you would know the answer to that.

What I AM saying is let the investigation run its course. The medical examiner has not ruled on cause of death, and they are waiting for other tests to be completed.

Do I agree with the officers actions? Based on the article and info I don't.

However before people snag some rope and look for a tall tree shouldnt we find out what happened first?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghoulardi
Are you serious?

Absolutely - Why should we not wait for an investigation?

Open your eyes! There are literally thousands of stories like this. More in recent years then ever.

Uhm.. ok Please read up on the Supreme Court rulings that deal with law enforcements use of force please. Also know and understand laws vary from state to state.

This was a ROOKIE cop! That means he was FRESH out of the academy, RECENTLY TRAINED!

If you can do me a favor and link your source for this. Ive checked the OP and my article, and im not seeing anything bout rookie.

Another innocent person killed by our tax dollar payed police.

Police pay taxes as well so tone down the drama.

First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me... ...Pastor Martin Niemöller

edit on 11/28/2011 by ghoulardi because: (no reason given)

Good words when people ignored those groups being killed by the Nazis.where rule of law was at the discretion of the person in charge with no legal recourse.

In this case the officer is on administrative leave pending the invesitgation outcome. Not really even close to comparing this action with Nazis, but I can see how you can make the correlation. People attack what they dont understand.... or like.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by e11888

If you read my initial posts you would know the answer to that.

What I AM saying is let the investigation run its course. The medical examiner has not ruled on cause of death, and they are waiting for other tests to be completed.

Do I agree with the officers actions? Based on the article and info I don't.

However before people snag some rope and look for a tall tree shouldnt we find out what happened first?

I agree with a full investivation. Every man deserves his day in court. But I just cant see how common sense doesnt play a role here. The man he tased to death did not even commit a crime. He was riding a bike unarmed and of no threat no anyone in the area including the officer. If you have a witness that saw what happend here this should be, as police say, an open and shut case? He is a rookie and I want to say lets cut him some slack. But in the end its probably the fault of the department for letting the guy out on the road by himself without knowing the job. Give the man the trial of course. But look. If a citizen did this they would be sitting in the county jail right now waiting for a judge. Equal treatment is all I ask.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
reply to post by gunshooter

I think you might have a problem with authority. Sure bad cops should be punished but everyone deserves a trial in our system. We dont lynch people.

just for the record there buddy! I don't have a problem with authority, I have a problem with idiots who wield authority, and think they're the right hand of god and such. these cowards with the big ego's, and "it was justified" BS gotta go, thats all I'm saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join