It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting pepper sprayed isn't THAT bad is it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

And if we don't nip this police brutality in the bud NOW..............It will escalate to that and more.

What will it take for Americans to WTF up?
edit on 23-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

And if we don't nip this police brutality in the bud NOW..............It will escalate to that and more.

What will it take for Americans to WTF up?
edit on 23-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

havent seen any evidence of that yet... everything ive seen has been half truths and straight up lies

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I want to see this thing in action.. ill get the poppy corn

I find your post offensive and not adding to the thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy

This is called a Zorrillo (skunk), or Tear Gas Tank. It sprays gas while the cop is driving, usually right into the face of the rioters.
Lovely, isn't it??

That sir is something i would pay good money to see. I might even pay twice

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Care to sit down and get exactly what they did and report back to us "it's not that bad." And I'm not talking a few quirts, I'm talking back and forth gallons and gallons four or five times, again soaking into their clothes including their genitals which must sting like hell.

Did they receive medical care afterwards............we are talking human cruelty but of course that is now becoming acceptable to many Americans now, we're being conditioned to accept this and that in and of itself is dangerous.....you all just don't see this.

Now, one last thought - they were sprayed all over. If any soaked into their clothes and in through their jeans and undies......you are talking major major major burning in a very sensitive area.

OC Spray / Pepper spray does not soak through clothing in any signification amount. Seriously? Gallons and Gallons? Either you are following some anti police propaganda or you have no sense of measurement. The can the officer was using is i believe between 22 and 34 ounces. With the tip it has it looks like sprays more than it does.

I'm not just making up random facts I would say i have more experience than any other person on this site.
For my secondary MOS while serving proudly in the USMC I was a NBC instructor.(Nuclear Biological and Chemical Warfare) Along with the other instructors we would walk into a sealed tent so full of thick smoke from burning OC tabs or powder that you couldn't see the man next to. We weren't just walking in... we would go in bare foot in nothing but our shorts to show the new boots that it wasn't that bad and nothing to worry about. so you ma'am do not know what you are talking about

Try some empathy, these are the true patriots.

No they are most certainly not. The REAL brave men and women standing next to me while we where deployed where the true patriots. And I say WHERE because good men and women die to protect the rights of these scum.

While the rest of you are keyboarding these people are out trying to fight for your freedom.

The same as the above. While these "protesters" where siting around getting high and whining about how hard there upper middle class selves have it. the real patriots. the soldiers sailors Marines and police that fight and die for you where the ones fight for freedom.

Anyone going to OWS, wear a good gas mask, protective clothing, steel toed shoes (you can run in), rain coat, and hard helmet. If you can afford a hazmat suit, all the better because you don't know what you are going to encounter.

That has to be some of the worst advice I've ever heard. a rain coat wont stop a bullet or your hippie commie friend next to you stabbing you for a dollar.

You and people like you are leading this country down a dark road. I hope and pray that you arent the fool you let on to be.

Semper Fi!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

So says you.............were you brave enough to be there?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

While the rest of you are keyboarding these people are out trying to fight for your freedom.

You are in the Military as well??? Oh you were referring to the hippies... sorry

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Pepper spray is not hotter than a ghost pepper. It's barely hotter than a jalepeno. I've cut up onions that were worse than being pepper sprayed.

I don't say this very often, but I'm calling shenanigans on this. This article came out today, conveniently after the pepper spraying at UC Davis. Nobody has to make crap up to make the point that the UC Davis event was an illegal act.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

I don't say this very often, but I'm calling shenanigans on this. This article came out today, conveniently after the pepper spraying at UC Davis. Nobody has to make crap up to make the point that the UC Davis event was an illegal act.

/TOA

Actually, it appears the chart was taken from a site that promotes chili.

Eat More Chiles

The article used the chart to make the point that police grade pepper spray is much more powerful than anything natural so calling it a "food product" is absurd.

The Wiki article on the Scoville scale shows the top law enforcement grade at 2,000,000 Scovilles and bear spray at 8,600,000,000 to 9,100,000,000. Yikes!

It goes on to say there are some substances that put even pure capsacin to shame.

The Scoville scale may be extrapolated to express the pungency of substances that are even hotter than pure capsaicin. One such substance is resiniferatoxin, an alkaloid present in the sap of some species of euphorbia plants (spurges). Since it is 1000 times as hot as capsaicin, it would have a Scoville scale rating of 16 billion.

Wiki

I hope nobody tells the cops about that stuff.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

No, but I was at OWS Chicago two weekends in a row.

What about you?

I also donate time to a homeless shelter.

Have helped build homes for humanity and donated time to the ASPCA................Have you?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

The Hottest thing I've ever experienced was a combination of raw ginger, raw white onion, raw garlic, and a mixture of hot peppers. I chopped and diced it all with a clever, then I ran it through a processor, dropped into cheesecloth and pickled it with organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized vinegar. After a couple of weeks, I pulled the mixture out and made a relish, and I drank a shot of the juice once or twice.

It was a formula from ATS for a cancer treatment, but it was far too brutal to drink the juice. The relish was good though.

After making the concoction, the skin on my hands burned for 2 straight weeks. No amount of showers or hand washing would do any good.

I think the Ginger was the biggest contributing factor. I don't know why, but it seemed to be the harshest on my skin.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You're just a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

I hope you don't personally try out every ATS cure recipe you find on this site. I remember a while back there were some threads about the health benefits of drinking your own urine.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Ummm. Well...... It isn't just on ATS.

No, I haven't tried it...... yet, but I was seriously considering it just a few nights ago and I talked myself out of it, LOL! I don't think I could go through with it unless the situation was dire.

I have pee'd on my feet to cure athletes foot though, and it did seem to help. There's an old locker room cure for ya.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am surprised the south Texas little Pequin peppers aren't listed, they are 30x hotter than jalapenos. (30-50,000 units) They are the hottest thing I have tasted, and I swear they are hotter than habaneros, imo.

I think it is the reaction to pepper spray that is more dangerous than the actual affect. There may be some that have fragile hearts or are anxiety prone and may be sent into some type of cardiac arrest or panic attack.
So maybe protesting in a potential pepper spray situation ain't for the faint hearted?

ETA: removed part about foam since it is not a crowd control device, more of a capture/immobilize weapon
edit on 23-11-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I've been shot, pepper sprayed, and tazered. I'll take the tazer any day. The last time I was peppered sprayed I had a headache for two weeks. The tazer is over immedaitley.
Seeashrink

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Ok bear spray is not as bad an I took a dare once to put it in my eye, i could have managed with adrenaline dump to help, but it was 15 increadibly intense mins then 30-45 mins of utter agony as it slowly dissipates , no adrenaline to help me...also around a week of slightly hazy vision in one eye...so ya with a full facial dose you would be writhing on the floor and the tears that flow seem to make it worse as it washes around more....needless to say I did not take the dare a second time
And the idea of tasting it or inhaling it omfg...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

Actually, it appears the chart was taken from a site that promotes chili.

Eat More Chiles

The article used the chart to make the point that police grade pepper spray is much more powerful than anything natural so calling it a "food product" is absurd.

The Wiki article on the Scoville scale shows the top law enforcement grade at 2,000,000 Scovilles and bear spray at 8,600,000,000 to 9,100,000,000. Yikes!

It goes on to say there are some substances that put even pure capsacin to shame.

The Scoville scale may be extrapolated to express the pungency of substances that are even hotter than pure capsaicin. One such substance is resiniferatoxin, an alkaloid present in the sap of some species of euphorbia plants (spurges). Since it is 1000 times as hot as capsaicin, it would have a Scoville scale rating of 16 billion.

Wiki

I hope nobody tells the cops about that stuff.

Holy bear spray....no wonder it kicked my ass....i thought law enforcement was stronger....lmao

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

Originally posted by NightGypsy
LOL....

Pepper spray has varying effects depending on the individual. My personal experience with being sprayed is that it FRICKIN' SUCKS, but I've pepper sprayed people and found it to have little effect on some of them.

Civilian pepper spray is nothing compared to what the cops use.

Yes, that is correct, but I wasn't talking about civilian pepper spray. I was talking about what the cops use from my own personal experience in my previous career. I presumed the OP was talking about that type as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

So says you.............were you brave enough to be there?

So says me? So says me what? Care to elaborate? That sounds like the argument of a 5 year old... Yeah well so says you. [[SNIPPED]]
So on to the next part of your witty one liner.

"where you brave enough to be there?"

Brave enough to be where exactly? You are awfully vague in your posts. Brave enough to camp out in a park or sit on a sidewalk with people that are lice infested and spreading disease while stoned out of there heads "fighting the man?" Not hardly you see "ma'am" that isn't bravery. It doesn't take a brave man or anyone with any amount of courage or integrity to set around hold up a sign for a bit and yell at a couple of random people that walk by.

So back to the "where you brave enough to be there?" Its funny you speak of bravery I don't remember you at Al Asad or walking my patrol with me in South America as a matter of fact I don't know anyone that thinks or acts like you brave enough to do the things My fellow Marines and I have seen and done.

So while we not you where out fighting so you have the freedom to complain about your "lack of freedom" you where donating to the ASPCA.... thanks for the service to your county.

I and thousands of people like me, my brothers and sisters my true countrymen, my true patriots, my true brave friends and family in arms fighting for the freedoms and glory of our still great country are the Real brave men and women. Not you. Not these OWS commie scum.

So why I may be bitter. I'm not bitter because I gave up years of my life, my health, my peaceful sleep, or the feeling in my legs. I'm bitter because the country that I love is filled with people like you and these OWSers.
I'm bitter because since we are a free country I cant deal with these people the way they need to be dealt with... like someone said earlier shoot one and watch the rest wet themselves and run home to there parents they are more then likely still leaching off of.

This isn't purely directed at you. I'm sure you try to be a decent person. Its just your miss guided thoughts and views of something i doubt you truly know much about.

Sure help out the poor... thats all good and well. You said you work at a soup line? Thank you for that... thanks for helping out people less fortunate then you are.

And just look at it this way. Since you have experience in the soup line you'll find it pretty easy to get a job in the Soviet style breadline we'll all be in if you and the other OWS filth get their way.

But back to bravery again. I think you're using the wrong words here. what you should be asking is "where you foolish and stupid enough to be there?" Because you know nothing about true bravery friend.

So I will continue to walk past the low lives on the street protesting for something they don't understand with my high and tight is still wear carrying my cane... those are the badges of my BRAVERY and I carry them proudly with my head held high.

The Marines have 3 motto's one is official the other are still followed by all Marines.

Semper Fidelis. Always Faithful

Honor, Courage, and Commitment

God, Country, Corps.

Which out of those can you say that you follow or that the OWS follows? Can you even pick one?

Semper Fi.
Patriot

edit on 24-11-2011 by DisIllusioned PatRiot because: spelling

edit on Fri Nov 25 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Getting pepper sprayed sucks! I have been pepper sprayed - by myself on accident, never point it at your own face (duh, am i right? lol).
I am a chef and have chopped and diced plenty of different peppers...I wouldn't rub a pepper in my eyes but I have rubbed my fingers on my face after working with peppers and that was a pretty dumb thing to do...

What I have learned - regardless of how the pepper's capsaicin gets in your eyes it burns and it hurts.
Yes, it is "just food", but the pepper produces its own natural irritants and deterrents.
Nature made it to hurt.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join