It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medvedev: Russia may target US missile defense sites in Europe if Washington fails to address concer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Hardly "defensive"...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The people should not be complacent with Russia and concede to them. That would be a mistake of epic proportions.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
reply to post by Jepic

Rothschilds and the Windsors owned UK for centuries .How will you change it?NATO is their enforcer.Look at what happening in Egypt.Nerve gas,a WMD is being used against protesters. What makes you brits think that your govt wont use WMD against peaceful protesters.

You have no gun rights like USA and Russia and your Govt has very powerful weapons.If too many people turn against rothschild ,he wont restrain from using WMD like neutron bombs and chemical weaponry against civilians.
You have a big brother state who watches you everywhere.

It's along process. Let's just say that you have to start your own political group and then go from there.
Why would they use WMD after everything they have accomplished in the grand scheme of the world. All their efforts would have gone to waste.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

people are starting to know their nefarious plans and there is a mass uprising occurring in europe and USA. If their external war plan fails then they wage genocide internally as citizens are not longer docile to their power

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

people are starting to know their nefarious plans and there is a mass uprising occurring in europe and USA. If their external war plan fails then they wage genocide internally as citizens are not longer docile to their power

And that's how leaders rise. In times of difficulty.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

lets hope so . i doubt that your nations can anything about it.The Rothschild and the Khazar minions own you and have bamboozled your entire nation with their shoah(holocaust) golden calf.

Break the golden calf,break the illusion.Good luck.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
it's pretty sick, seeing all these global leaders playing "war games" with their own people....in the long run, each country's citizens will be the victims...not the governments

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I fail to see how a defensive shield on the Russian border defends Europe against Iranian missiles. Surely it would be better to position them along the Meditteranean Coastline pointing towards the Middle East and North Africa.

Also, what some fail to take into account is Russias' great fear of being invaded (again), due to its great loss of life in WW2. The US has never been invaded, so do not understand Russias' mentality about being invaded.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This is old news... like at least a year old.

Russia warned a lot about this. If the US continued their BS missile shield aimed at them that Russia would deploy missiles against it specifically.

It seems the west didn't understand, even after Russia killed the entire Polish government with that ``accidental plane crash``.

I dont see how the US Missile defense system could even be considered effective against Russian nuclear weapons.

Because the missile shield is close to their border. Nuclear missiles are very vulnerable when they launch. Once they've reached space and are coming down, then it's pretty much guarantee that they will hit, so Russia knows this missile shield is against them, not against Iran or North Korea.

If it were against North Korea, it would be mainly in South Korea. If it were against Iran, it would be in Iraq or Afghanistan or Turkey. Not in Europe. That way, the missile interceptors can take out the missiles just after they launch and leave Iranian-North Korean airspace, when they still are slow, not going at 30 000 mph.

If Russia nukes someone, I hope they just park a submarine off the US and nukes Washington DC.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

The U.S. is not planning on making any changes to its missile defense system in Europe, a U.S. official said Wednesday, despite a warning from Russia's president that Moscow will target the U.S. system if Washington goes ahead and deploys the planned shield.

preparations for ww3 will be continued

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
While I get what their problem is, I dont think they are taking into account just how inadequate our missile shield would be against their weapons.

I think they are perfectly aware that the missile defence system will be basically useless. They've been sending fleets of submarines armed with SLBMs to the atlantic coast for ages.

I like your insights. You're are extremely informed in current affairs and i commend you for it!

Edit: oh, seems you addressed that anyways. Lol, should have expected that.
edit on 23-11-2011 by ClydeFrog42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

While I get what their problem is, I dont think they are taking into account just how inadequate our missile shield would be against their weapons.

I think they are perfectly aware that the missile defence system will be basically useless. They've been sending fleets of submarines armed with SLBMs to the atlantic coast for ages.

They may be aware, and it could all be rhetoric just to annoy the plebs on all 'sides' but there is still the sticking point about the silos, also they are aware of the given reasons for the deployments. This could be the original start of the debate from Russia's defense minister back in 2006,

August 1, 2006 :: RIA-Novosti :: News

General Yuri Baluyevsky, Russia’s Chief of Staff and First Deputy Defense Minister, published a lengthy and important article in the Voyenno-Promyshlenny Kurier on July 26 criticizing steps by the U.S. to move toward a more defensive posture. Balueyvsky criticizes in particular recent discussions about deploying missile defense assets in Eastern Europe. The Chief of Staff accuses Washington of attempting to achieve “absolute supremacy in the military sphere” and condemns its “brute force in dealing with complicated international issues.” Baluyevsky notes that while the U.S. might appear to be deploying missile defenses to protect against strikes from Iran and North Korea, its real enemies are Russia and China, against whom the systems are allegedly designed to defend.
Baluyevsky writes that “the world is essentially back to square one—that latter being the situation of America’s nuclear monopoly of the 1940’s.” The U.S. plan to deploy interceptor missiles and early warning radars in Central and Eastern Europe would “disrupt the existing Russian-American parity in strategic delivery means.” He lists three reasons for Russia’s concern:

First, silos of the ballistic missile defense system may be easily converted for ICBMs that will reach targets in European Russia wherever they are. Effective control over the use of silos is a sheer impossibility. As a matter of fact, any such control is going to be impossible even for central governments of the countries where the silos will be built.

Second, deployment of active components of the American national ballistic missile defense system in European countries may be interpreted as an attempt on the part of the U.S. to leave Europe facing the music i.e. consequences of a conflict where ballistic missiles were used. Europe will essentially become an advanced line of defense of US territory. From the military standpoint, the logic is impeccable—bring the troops (and therefore the hostilities) as close as possible to the positions of the potential enemy and set up several more lines of defense. The world nowadays is so complicated and interdependent, however, it is so exposed to terrorism as to make these advanced outposts or whatever you might want to call them the prime targets for terrorist attacks. Russia cannot be blasé about it because it itself is a part of Europe.

Third, intercept of ballistic missiles carrying weapons of mass destruction (nuclear, germ, chemical) will cause ecological catastrophes in the European countries above whose territories the ICBMs will be killed. Fragments of the missiles and killer missiles may even fall on the territories of neutral countries (or at least the regions that are not involved in the conflict under way). Russia is particularly concerned by vulnerability of the Kaliningrad region to this threat.
Baluyevsky adds, menacingly, that such defensive deployments would “compel Moscow to revise its approach to reduction of these weapons.” He warns that Russia will be ready with “the necessary academic and technological solutions that will at least minimize negative consequences of these actions on Washington’s part.” He reminds his readers that Russia has tested new strategic arms capable of piercing the existing U.S. missile defense systems as well as those other countries may come up with in the near future, a reference to the Topol-M (SS-27) intercontinental ballistic missile.

Just to add my thoughts, Baluyevsky is no dozer. Be he sabre rattling or spinning, he does have valid points to make. We don't have any vocabulary on how these silos are to be administrated in those countries, and by not knowing, a well armed terrorist attack from any source on those silos could well be a possibility for instance, given the amount of contraband firepower there is floating around eastern europe, picture the result of that scenario. So then you have to ask how many military is needed for these silos for starters? I would suggest more than a lot.
edit on 23-11-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Apparently the Russians want but refuse to give...

They are currently in violation of the conventional forces treaty, and have been for about 2 years now. This treaty allows inspections of each others bases as well as information sharing on troop strengths, rotations etc to avoid misunderstandings. The US just suspended cooperation and notified Moscow that until they come back to the treaty obligations, the US will no longer cooperate either.

This move looks more like a back door attempt to influence whats going on in the Middle East with Syria and Iran.

There goes Xcathdra with a little anti russians claim that they were in violation of the conventional forces treaty
So has America but sadly no one minds America after all they are the ones now spreading there influence in Libya, Sryia.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Apparently the Russians want but refuse to give...

They are currently in violation of the conventional forces treaty, and have been for about 2 years now. This treaty allows inspections of each others bases as well as information sharing on troop strengths, rotations etc to avoid misunderstandings. The US just suspended cooperation and notified Moscow that until they come back to the treaty obligations, the US will no longer cooperate either.

This move looks more like a back door attempt to influence whats going on in the Middle East with Syria and Iran.

There goes Xcathdra with a little anti russians claim that they were in violation of the conventional forces treaty
So has America but sadly no one minds America after all they are the ones now spreading there influence in Libya, Sryia.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The automatic budget cuts set to kick in as a result of the failures of congress will cut US funding for this anyway.

But, with Obama in office, now would be a good time for the Russians to not only make threats of aggression on US plans in Europe, it would be a good time for them to act on it.

What is the Obama admin going to do?

The military budget is going to have massive automatic cuts soon, and Obama promises to fight any attempt to stop it.

If the Russians take aggressive and even hostile actions against the US plans in Europe, Obama will have a million reasons why we will not respond with military actions of our own, and that we will rather schedule talks, and diplomatic resolutions with the Russians.

The US is already reducing it's influence globally, defeated in space exploration, well on the way to being defeated economically, and so deep in debt that it is about to face the most broad and deep cuts in military spending ever.

Yep, the Russians and every other US enemy should be feeling very confident right now, they have every reason to feel that way.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

That's not even close, this has nothing to do with Obama, not in his time. What he does in response is yet to be seen properly.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Indeed, but the writing is on the wall with this one.

If you haven't seen enough to have foresight then, just wait and see.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Jepic

USA owns most of europe along with the rothschild.Europe is a mistress to USA and Israel.Gets raped by everyone.

I take it from this stupid comment that you under estimate Europe and have a lot of faith in your own country's military capabilities. Europe may be allies with the USA but under no circumstances do you "own it!. This comment is nothing more than pure arrogance and is worthless to the thread seeing as it does not contribute in any way. The US is a powerful nation but the UK, France and Germany are also powerful nations, as is Russia and China.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by smurfy

Indeed, but the writing is on the wall with this one.

If you haven't seen enough to have foresight then, just wait and see.

I don't know what your cryptic remarks are meant to address, but the reality of what protection each of these silos in eastern europe needs, is so far removed from the idea of military budget cuts, it will take a huge amount of personnel.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

When I hear Russia sent missiles to Cuba or some South American Country, I'll worry. Right now it's just a lot of posturing going on. One wrong move from one side and BOOM.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join