It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight! Nov. 22/11: CNN Republican National Security Debate - 8pm EST

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Israel attacks Iran segment..

Cain fails at foreign policy...

Paul still needs to focus his foreign policy deal, I can understand what he means, but I don't know if the regular TV viewer can grasp him...

Perry same as Cain...

Gingrich speaks the truth of the situation (IE: Energy) but should that be the lynchpin to any potential conflict? I don't think so..

Bachmann: agrees with Gingrich... blasts Obama.. then uses the Achmadinejad says they will use nukes argument to scare people...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yup, more chatter about aggression against Iran.

Israel has publicly stated that it would be stupid to start a war with Iran, that is why they're making us do it. Oh big brother America, you better protect us or we'll label your entire country anti-semitic.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
First chance for Santorum to make a point..

he started to, discussing spreading the values of the US, and the help that the US does provide in money, but fell short of hitting the mark and saying that the policies of the govt are motivated by other interests...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
What a great answer by Ron Paul.
haha, is he reading ATS while he does the debate? Someone just said our financial situation is our biggest threat to national security, and then Paul said it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What is the # 1 threat to America?

A crumbling economy is!

Ron Paul is an ATS member!!!!!!!!!!
He just said exactly what I just said

He said
"The biggest threat to this nation is our financial instability"

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Paul had another good moment calling out the faux cuts

So far the best performance by Paul..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
ahhahahahhahahahaa

Romney just said the "Genocide Convention" instead of "Geneva Convention"

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Romney tried to argue with Paul? Nobody on that stage wants to get into an arguement with Ron Paul lol.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
ahhahahahhahahahaa

Romney just said the "Genocide Convention" instead of "Geneva Convention"

lol what's even better is he first started to say Geneva, then changed it to Genocide.

It's probably because he knows we don't follow the Geneva convention....
but there actually is a "genocide convention." I didn't know that, but Google is a close friend.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Gotta say,this has been a better debate,in the sense all the canidates have had a chance to talk.
Wolf Blitzer still reminds me of a fraggle though.

If also appears the Paul has had a good showing,and the crowd seems numb to Perry and Mitt.
Im still looking for the infamous "999" waiting..........

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Huntsman made a good point on the economy..

Perry is actually starting to remind me of a cross between W and Romney.. not a fun place to be, the scary part being, this is exactly what grass the sheep eat up..

Good questions in this debate, very important questions..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I do agree
it's one of the best debates so far
the other good one was the thanksgiving family debate where they were all sitting down

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Bachmann made a good point about interest money to China
"We aren't only sending our money, we are sending them our power"

very true

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I looked into that Genocide convention a little bit. It's a UN agreement that's been in place since 1951.
Actually, according to the guidelines he's correct. We could bring them up on charges. I'll put in bold the parts that would be applicable.

...any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: (a) Killing members of the group; (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Article 3 defines the crimes that can be punished under the convention: (a) Genocide; (b) Conspiracy to commit genocide; (c) Direct and public incitement to commit genocide; (d) Attempt to commit genocide; (e) Complicity in genocide. — Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 3

from wiki.
All I'm trying to do is show that Romney was indeed correct about being able to bring charges under the Genocide Convention.

However, I disagree with it greatly. And I dislike Romney. but he is right.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

So far... IMO

Paul has been on point, he rambled only once... but overall, has definitely reflected my thoughts on much of how the US national security deal should be...

While I wish someone would step up and acknowledge our govts' failures as a contributing factor in the terror threat, I don't think that the majority of the folks here would understand that..

here = US citizens not ATS members

edit on Tue, 22 Nov 2011 20:21:03 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ron Paul is 100% right about our drug policies.
Legalize them. As he said, "Prescription drugs kill more people than illegal drugs."

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Border security:

Perry, wants to bring a 21st Century Monroe Doctrine?

Paul, eliminate benefits to illegals, end the war on drugs, more but (non T&C section)

Cain, best moment by Cain so far...

I do wish someone would ponder why the US is so busy allegedly helping folks across the globe and yet, our next door neighbor who is obviously being overrun by criminal elements, gets no US help? at least the kind of help they need to regain control of their country?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
What's with Newt and his Local Church argument on illegal immigration?

If you have lived here for many years and are part of a local church then you can stay here.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Minor point to his argument, I think the Reagan analogy was something to revisit...

Cain still has won this one..

4 strong points.. cut and dry.. not this debate on how much we bend the laws in place..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
did anyone else see it? Rick perry touched mit romney with his legs.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join