It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight! Nov. 22/11: CNN Republican National Security Debate - 8pm EST

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
on Syria...

Perry... really he wants a covert no fly zone? I don't think so, he just doesn't know wth he is talking about..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ok, this being one of the best debates so far didn't last too long

now the same talking heads getting the most spotlight

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Dog gone it Ron!!

He still rambles after he made the best point, using Paul Wolfiwitz' own words...

Quit while you are ahead Ron!!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Well after the middle of the debate he got too little spotlight
I guess he had to prolong whatever he had

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Still his best showing... and actually the most airtime..

I just wish he would have ended on the point using the Wolfiwitz deal...

Perry is clueless.. calling CHina out and using Reagan to do it?

facepalm for the TX Gov..

missed the last few shaking my haed at Perry's words...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
First debate that I would place Ron Paul in the top slot

The rest are, pick em deals... some had some good points but no one separated themselves..

one of the toughest debates so far IMO..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Whenever I look at Perry I see a deer in headlights
Newt is very well composed though

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Keeping with the animal analogy..

Newt is a WOLF in sheep's clothing

IMO He's just a part of the problem... he may try to distance himself from the current govt, but in essence, he's never left, I think he pocketed over 1 mil from Fannie or Freddie as a consultant..

I am actually believing that we are looking at Obama Part II,, which is OK as long as Congress is overhauled..

NOTHING will change unless the voters change CONGRESS..

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Whenever I look at Perry I see a deer in headlights
Newt is very well composed though

Newt would make a great president if he was for the people and not a sell out. So sad how corruption can ruin the awesome potential some people have.
edit on 22-11-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Newt Has a real clever way of using words to his benefit, while explaining he really is only saying very few new things that we have not already heard before.
Ron Paul, because of this debate won my vote,common sense means a lot to me.
Herman Cain is getting dry and bland, needs something to spice it up, and no not another woman jk 999666?
Bachman Is using very convincing words and really strong on somethings but she seems frightened of something because she is trying to panic people into thinking she is the only way out.
Romney same ole BS same with Perry. I moved from Texas 5yrs ago because Perry could not run that state with virtually no success from what i saw.
Huntsman needs to get mean, just see red and i bet we would see a real bad a$$ and get somethings done.
Santorum Seems like a real regular guy and that works for him. I like how he speaks he just never really gets a lot juicy questions is where i think he needs to be challenged.

This is my opinion nothing you can say or do will sway my decision so do not even try to argue with me about it, as i will not respond just wanted to give my 2 cent on the hope fulls.
edit on 22-11-2011 by SmashPapayaKC because: just cause

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SmashPapayaKC

I was going to rebut you, but since you are on a firm stance, I'll just thank you for sharing your thoughts on this debate

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If it isn't clear to America after this evening:

Ron Paul & Jon Huntsman = stop the wars, stop the spending, work on America

The rest of the stage = more war, more aid, more military, endless spending & debt

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Hands down, the best debate by Ron, and could really give him a bump in the polls. Even being mentioned in the post debate coverage.

Great, great night for us Ron Paul supporters.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SmashPapayaKC

Very good assessment. I missed the first 30 min tho. I really genuinely think this was one of Pauls best debates from what I have seen. I saw him him speak more in an hour and a half (or so) than any other debate so far. Because of this, he was allowed to finally show why he is the only candidate worth voting for. I have to give CNN at least a little props for making this fairer than the 89 seconds CBS gave Paul in their live televised segment.

I truly believe since the CBS debate, the media is worried that the people really are getting angry and tired of it. There were some things that were still shady tonight from the media, but this time they even gave him talking points after the debate.

edit on 22-11-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It is undeniable Romney couldn't handle the exchange with Ron Paul concerning the budget committee, this is the first time another GOP candidate has successfully defeated Romney in a debate, I hope SOMEBODY out there recognizes this.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ron Paul is 100% right about our drug policies.
Legalize them. As he said, "Prescription drugs kill more people than illegal drugs."

Prescribed drugs (legal drugs) kill more people than illegal drugs do.

Therefore, we should legalize all drugs. Then all drugs will kill more people.

So THAT'S the piece of Ron Paul's philosophy I've been missing! Now it all makes perfect sense!
:

You did well when you defended Romney on that genocide remark. Then, afraid of peer pressure, you succumbed to RP apology tactics. Man up! Think for yourself!

edit on 23-11-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

no, you've been missing a whole lot more than that.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I do wish someone would ponder why the US is so busy allegedly helping folks across the globe and yet, our next door neighbor who is obviously being overrun by criminal elements, gets no US help? at least the kind of help they need to regain control of their country?

I can think of several reasons:

1) The Mexican gov't is complicit with the US as far as (not) controlling illegal aliens crossing the border at will

2) The Mexican gov't is in bed with the drug cartels

Even Ron Paul refuses to help, with his less-than-enthusiastic support for E-Verify.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

What's with Newt and his Local Church argument on illegal immigration?

If you have lived here for many years and are part of a local church then you can stay here.

That one surprised me. It almost smacked of a certain naivete or innocence, a belief that any illegal that has been here for a certain period of time has made attempts at being assimilated into our culture by joining the local church, etc. Nice thought, but...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

reply to post by mishigas

no, you've been missing a whole lot more than that.

On second though, you're right. I've never heard a good argument on why it's OK for 12 yo's to spike a vein under Ron Paul's kingdom. Perhaps you can enlighten me?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join