It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - Ripe for Implosion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
America had been a sovereign nation for 228 years. Rome was a sovereign country for 1,963 years. The United States of America is in the very early stages of its life.

I don't know that you can compare past nations and great empires to current world powers, though. At least not in terms of longevity. Although there may be many comparable characteristics, each nation may rise and fall on it's own.

I believe that our nation will be around for some time, I just don't know that it will enjoy the same lofty status that it has since World War II for a whole lot longer.

Our educational system certainly isn't what it once was. Even in math and the sciences, other countries are overtaking us. The European Space Agency, Japan, Canada, as well as China are rapidly advancing their space sciences programs, and the country to first exploit resources abundant on other planets/moons may take a great and sudden leap in world stature. This could change the picture rapidly.

Our dependency on foreign oil, and reluctance to explore other known energy resources/technologies, is also a bad thing. It's fine for the individuals who have become rich exploiting it (cough, cough .. like our President .. cough), but our dependency on it is costing us dearly.

If we become bankrupt economically, we may, as a result, become bankrupt spiritually. Without drive and "good ol' American know how and ingenuity", we could easily fall behind other more aggressive, hungry nations eager to take the lead. In my lifetime I've witnessed how Americans have become more lazy, arrogant and self-absorbed. Without a driven spirit, no nation will prosper and last for long. At least not at the top of the heap.

I think we have a false since of security. All of our lives we've lived in a prosperous nation, and we're used to having things our way. I mean, what other way is there? It's the only way we know. The thing is, we were just lucky to be born when and where we were. Just as surely as America has become the only current world super power (a few short years ago when the Soviet Union collapsed), we are surely destined to hand the reigns over to another more driven nation eventually. And, although it may take a number of years to bear out, I can see/sense signs of decay and disorder creeping into our society today. If we're wise, and a little more disciplined, we may be able to prolong our date with destiny, but in time we will fall behind as all other great nations have before us. Entropy (the tendency to become disorganized over time) is just as valid for nations and societies as it is for material objects. Everything that lives, or exists, will just as surely die.

It's only a matter of time ...

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows

Originally posted by sniper068
Eddie999

How old are you 12 ? Have you read any history ? europe exists because of the US. We have bailed you out of 2 world wars, is that your idea of doing just find? Dont hold your breathe, The US is here to stay.

Look at how many poor souls have perished in europe, look at the wars, loss of life, all the barbaric murdering leaders your nations have produced.

Ungrateful Hipocrits

hahahaha.....

you're missing the point dear. Our population doesn't have the toughness
or smarts the generation who battled the Nazis had. We are AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE NOW.

You actually think George Bush could outsmart Adolf Hitler? Hahahahahaha

We're getting our asses kicked by ARABS....(can you imagine what the Nazis of old would say about that?)

trust me modern American civilians don't have the smarts, tenacity or strength to take on true maniacal geniuses....

You are a defeatist. Always looking at things as a "we are loosing" and whining.

You may not be smart enough or tough enough, but I assure you, there are plenty of true red blooded Americans out there, all ready and willing to take a stand for our nation at a moments call. Just look at 9/11. How quickly did people begin to help NYC after that? Your attitude is the very problem you speak of.

We are not getting "our asses kicked" by Muslims. In fact, if you did your homework, you would find we lost more men in a shorter period of time in the initial stage of occupying Germany. But that turned out really bad - didn't it? The same goes for Japan - they hate us now don't they? Understand that Iraq will not be a quick fix situation. It will require at least 5 years of being there - probably more.

As far as your Hitler comment - don't even try to make the comparison. We are not there for ethnic clensing as much as you and your pathetic likeminded liberal friends would love to believe. Yes, if we wanted to, we could just kill everybody - it would be a lot quicker that way, and a WHOLE lot cheaper. But we as a country don't want that, and though you would probably say otherwise, niether does Bush or Chaney.

Are you too young to comprehend this? Or just too imature. Probably a mix of both judging by your name.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by bushblows

Originally posted by sniper068
Eddie999

How old are you 12 ? Have you read any history ? europe exists because of the US. We have bailed you out of 2 world wars, is that your idea of doing just find? Dont hold your breathe, The US is here to stay.

Look at how many poor souls have perished in europe, look at the wars, loss of life, all the barbaric murdering leaders your nations have produced.

Ungrateful Hipocrits

hahahaha.....

you're missing the point dear. Our population doesn't have the toughness
or smarts the generation who battled the Nazis had. We are AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE NOW.

You actually think George Bush could outsmart Adolf Hitler? Hahahahahaha

We're getting our asses kicked by ARABS....(can you imagine what the Nazis of old would say about that?)

trust me modern American civilians don't have the smarts, tenacity or strength to take on true maniacal geniuses....

You are a defeatist. Always looking at things as a "we are loosing" and whining.

You may not be smart enough or tough enough, but I assure you, there are plenty of true red blooded Americans out there, all ready and willing to take a stand for our nation at a moments call. Just look at 9/11. How quickly did people begin to help NYC after that? Your attitude is the very problem you speak of.

We are not getting "our asses kicked" by Muslims. In fact, if you did your homework, you would find we lost more men in a shorter period of time in the initial stage of occupying Germany. But that turned out really bad - didn't it? The same goes for Japan - they hate us now don't they? Understand that Iraq will not be a quick fix situation. It will require at least 5 years of being there - probably more.

As far as your Hitler comment - don't even try to make the comparison. We are not there for ethnic clensing as much as you and your pathetic likeminded liberal friends would love to believe. Yes, if we wanted to, we could just kill everybody - it would be a lot quicker that way, and a WHOLE lot cheaper. But we as a country don't want that, and though you would probably say otherwise, niether does Bush or Chaney.

Are you too young to comprehend this? Or just too imature. Probably a mix of both judging by your name.

Typical ignorant, spoiled American reaction.

I'm a Republican, not a liberal. Why are US citizens so dumb?

The problem doesn't lie with our soldiers, dear, the problem lies
with our overweight, dimwitted civilians. In WW2 *civilians* were forced to fight the Nazis. Consider how many Russians had to pick up guns in attempt to stave off the Germans. Do you honestly think your average American civilian could fight off an invading army? Your average American civilian is too fat to jog around the block, no less defend his/her turf.

A staggering percentage of American males in their late 20's early 30's still live with their mothers these days. They are afraid to "rough it".

Spoiled people are always willing to send soldiers off to die.
While our troops are being beseiged by bomb hurlers you are home
playing on the internet. Please sign up for Iraq if you wish to be taken
seriously.

I wasn't comparing Bush to Hitler - that would be insulting to Hitler.

Hitler was gassed in WW1, had a genius IQ and lived an impoverished lifestyle for years. Bush does not read, was raised with nannies and has no combat experience.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join