It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - Ripe for Implosion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The average age of the world's great civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence:

from bondage to spiritual faith;
from spiritual faith to great courage;
from courage to liberty;
from liberty to abundance;
from abundance to selfishness;
from selfishness to complacency;
from complacency to apathy;
from apathy to dependency;
from dependency back again to bondage.

What stage in the cycle is America currently at? The country is 7 trillion in the debt. US Military used to preserve strength of US dollar by grabbing best oil sources in the world. Iraq capitulation could destroy confidence in US military, give great confidence to burdgeoning and rising world powers. Iraq war being run by very nice man who can't pronounce 'nuclear' three-syllable word. TV information replaces American thought. We are primed for destruction by powers more hungry, more thinking, and more eager to rule. This message will only get to the minority that can still think.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
lol...love the title of this thread

we are ripe for implosion, indeed....
Americans have become too soft & dumb to rule the earth....

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Is the USA ripe for implosion? I hope so. We have no need for an imperialistic hyperpower like the USA.

I think that it has had it's day in the sun and now is the time for it to die.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
Is the USA ripe for implosion? I hope so. We have no need for an imperialistic hyperpower like the USA.

To be replaced by what? End of any empire is not pretty time.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

True. Look at what happened when the Roman Empire collapsed. Dark Ages. Though saying that the world has moved on and maybe a hyperpower (global superpower) is no longer needed. Europe exists perfectly well without a dominant superpower, maybe the rest of the world can as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i have had these thoughts in my head since way back, and i do as well feel that USA will someday go to economic depression and probably not recover for a good amount of time.

at the same time where exactly you got the average age is beyond me, the islamic empire lasted from about 500-1700 if im not mistaken, and the roman republic/empire etc. lasted for more then 500 years.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Have a hunch Europe will carry on without us....they were here long before us and survived way worse then we ever have on their own land for centuries....

It's very arrogant American to think the world will like, "turn dark" without us....believe it or not other countries existed pre-USA!

[edit on 4-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have to agree that our time may be at hand. And if the current administration has 4 more years to wreak havoc, deplete our resources and drag us down into the fiscal abyss, then it may be sooner than later.

Our nation has lost it's mind. We have people standing in the unemployment line, losing their sons and daughters to an illegitimate war, not caring that the rest of the world is increasingly against us, knowingly accepting that they are being lied to, acknowledging that the country is headed in the wrong direction and still, in light of all that, supporting the people responsible for it. It's unnerving.

We Americans have become an arrogant, lazy, non-thinking, self-absorbed, terrorist (in the eyes of the rest of the world) nation. And we don't even care. I believe we will eventually assume a 2nd class nation status as we spiral down into financial ruin. Even our nuclear arsenal will not be an advantage if the Soviets, Chinese and nuclear capable European nations are all against us.

God help us all ...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The US will not "implode" simply due to the fact that the rest of the civilized world won't let it.

No other great super power before the US had so many other nations economy depend on it like the US.

I'm not being arrogant or anything, just thinking a bit outside of the box here. What other major world economy would benefit from the US falling into a third world economic status?

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
And who says the rest of the Civilized world has control over whether the US economy implodes or not? Scenarios like this are usually decades in the making and by the time they are discovered its too late. Now Its not the end of the world or anything but the whole world will suffer whennot if the US economy implodes. And guess what the rest of the world will probably blame that on the americans as well with or without cause to do so. We are all headed for economic ruin because of the Oil industries that has been actively stifling inovation in Energy technology for over a century now. The US is not the problem, OIL is! If we do not kick this deadly addiction soon we are all gonna pay big time.

[edit on 4-9-2004 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
And who says the rest of the Civilized world has control over whether the US economy implodes or not? Scenarios like this are usually decades in the making and by the time they are discovered its too late.
[edit on 4-9-2004 by sardion2000]

By that time the bulk of the world's economy produced by the US could be transfered elsewhere.

This is the country that produced the telephone, typewriter, linotype, phonograph, electric light, cash register, air brake, refrigerator car, airplane, automobile, A-bomb, and Internet. Are we in our Golden Age or has that yet to come? We seem less of an industrial nation and more of a consumer nation with each passing year.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The collapse of the US would bring about chaos on Earth. Power falling creates a vacuum, and that vacuum must be filled.

Europe would suffer. Thats not arrogance. thats economic reality. They depend on us for many things. The middle east would also errupt into chaos. Without the US, Israel is vulnerable. Surrounding Arab states would all converge to attack. They might even use nukes. The israelis also have nukes. They would mprobably be the first to fire. Youd have full scale nuke and bio and chem warfare in the middle east.

Economically, Europe does not have the strength to support and keep up free world economies on its own.

What would possibly happen, the time would be ripe for communist type revolts and and such.

Judging by Eddys avatar, I think i understand why hed love to see the US collapse.

Eddy, seriously. Even minus the collapse of the USSR and eastern Europe, anyone with an ounce of reality knows the communism is a pipe dream that simply cannot work effectively. It runs counter to human nature, the laws of nature, and such.

Id seriously consider some other political philosphy. I personaly favor total and complete anarchy (also a pipe dream, but alot more productive one as far as Im concerned.)

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I do not think we will impload nor do I think we will ever be conquered. I beleive that our strength might erode. I think other people from other countries need to remember what we have done for them over the course of history. Europe can and will survive without the US. Remember, the European Union is the last world dominating power.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The Roman Republic was founded in 510B.C. with the Expulsion of the last Tarquinian king. The Roman Republic became the Roman Empire in 23A.D. when Augustus was named "Imperium proconsulare maius and tribunicia potestas for life" by the senate. Odoacer the Scirian deposed the last western emperor in 476A.D. The Roman Empire Became the Eastern Roman Empire or Byzantium Empire and was a ruling power in the medeival world until finally after centuries of fighting, the Ottoman Turks Sacked Constantinople in1453 bringing an official end to the Roman Empire. The Empire of Trebizond was conquered a few years later finally bringing about total destruction to a Country that had lived on in many forms since the foundation in 510B.C. For nearly 2000 years the "Romans" were a soveriegn people who had their ups and their downs and even a change in the location of their capital. America had been a sovereign nation for 228 years. Rome was a sovereign country for 1,963 years. The United States of America is in the very early stages of its life. We may experience a breakdown of the government as the Romans did when it became an empire. If we survive that then America may be here long enough to experience invasion and total occupation as the Romans eventually succumbed to piece be piece starting with the sack of Rome by Odoacer in 476A.D.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That's very cool info, verfed.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I try to only post unbiased truth with a hint of opinion. Taibunsuu you can look up much of what I said on google and learn a lot more of Roman history. Also Hasn't the French and the Enlgish been on this Earth as a sovereign people for more then 200 years? The King of Wessex, Alfred the Great became Bretwalda (overlord of all England) in 871A.D. The English are still a sovereign people right? What about the Chinese? They have been around forever. Who are these great nations collapsing after 200 years?
They must not have been that great. Even Greece is once again a sovereign nation? Russia Tsars have ruled Russia for much longer then 200 years although today Vladimir Putin calls himself "president." There are many examples of nations surviving today that have existed for much longer then 200 years.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I don't think it's nations collapsing, but the great civilizations that build up and then flame out. Hell Ethiopia is like 8,000 years old as far as nations go. Nations and geographic borders and ethnicity and culture of people occupying them seem to be far sturdier and long-lived than great civilizations.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I guess it is hard for me to see the difference betwen a great culture and a great civilization.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by netbound
I have to agree that our time may be at hand. And if the current administration has 4 more years to wreak havoc, deplete our resources and drag us down into the fiscal abyss, then it may be sooner than later.

Our nation has lost it's mind. We have people standing in the unemployment line, losing their sons and daughters to an illegitimate war, not caring that the rest of the world is increasingly against us, knowingly accepting that they are being lied to, acknowledging that the country is headed in the wrong direction and still, in light of all that, supporting the people responsible for it. It's unnerving.

We Americans have become an arrogant, lazy, non-thinking, self-absorbed, terrorist (in the eyes of the rest of the world) nation. And we don't even care. I believe we will eventually assume a 2nd class nation status as we spiral down into financial ruin. Even our nuclear arsenal will not be an advantage if the Soviets, Chinese and nuclear capable European nations are all against us.

God help us all ...

Naah. People have been saying "If we have 4 more years of [insert President here], then the U.S. is doomed," since George Washington won his second term of office.
Also, the rest has been said before; in 1942, 1914, 1861, 1812... but we survived all those trying times (some of which were worse than this trying time), so we'll survive this one.

I think there's a big difference between the U.S. not being as much of a world power & influence in the future, and the U.S. ceasing to exist altogether in the future. Is the U.S. slowly losing power & influence? As China, India, and Russia get their acts together and modernize, you betcha. But that's not the same thing as ceasing to exist altogether...

MBF

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Europe exists perfectly well without a dominant superpower, maybe the rest of the world can as well.

Ever hear of WWII? Europe exists as it does today because the US went and pulled its rear end out of the fire.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join