It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - Ripe for Implosion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sniper068
Eddie999

How old are you 12 ? Have you read any history ? europe exists because of the US. We have bailed you out of 2 world wars, is that your idea of doing just find? Dont hold your breathe, The US is here to stay.

Look at how many poor souls have perished in europe, look at the wars, loss of life, all the barbaric murdering leaders your nations have produced.

Ungrateful Hipocrits

hahahaha.....

you're missing the point dear. Our population doesn't have the toughness
or smarts the generation who battled the Nazis had. We are AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PEOPLE NOW.

You actually think George Bush could outsmart Adolf Hitler? Hahahahahaha

We're getting our asses kicked by ARABS....(can you imagine what the Nazis of old would say about that?)

trust me modern American civilians don't have the smarts, tenacity or strength to take on true maniacal geniuses....

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Judging by Eddys avatar, I think i understand why hed love to see the US collapse.

Eddy, seriously. Even minus the collapse of the USSR and eastern Europe, anyone with an ounce of reality knows the communism is a pipe dream that simply cannot work effectively. It runs counter to human nature, the laws of nature, and such.

Id seriously consider some other political philosphy. I personaly favor total and complete anarchy (also a pipe dream, but alot more productive one as far as Im concerned.)

First of. 'human nature' is different depending on what sort of society you are in. In a capitalist society you seem to equate human nature to greed. Furthermore, anarchy is just final-stage Marxism, communism in other words.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

Originally posted by looking4clues

Yes but how to define terrorist.

Terrorist = Angry Muslim

How about the Unabomber? He was a terrorist.

Those Irish army fellows? Seem pretty terrorist to me. Sure they're not Muslim, but they seem to have a penchant for blowing up innocents.

What about angry Christians setting off bombs at abortion clinics? Are those guys terrorists too?

Terrorist is an underdog fighting an establishment, usually by blowing up innocent people to make their case noticed. Whether his actions are right or wrong is defined by your alignment and whether you think his case is valid enough for people to be murdered.

LOL Ted Kaczinski? Irrevelant today!

LOL IRA, Irrevelant Today!

LOL Abortion Clinic bomber. Irrevelant Today!

Yet Today, the time you cannot face directly, Islame is the purveyor or World Wide Terror, with a lack of moral character, and intentionally targeting and murdering innocent children. You fight for their right to kill. and you use anceint history as your justification. You are no better than Osama Bin Laden.

If the Arab world is so great and Islamic rule is too, then why are millions of Muslims fleeing the Middle East? Perhaps building their forces for world domination? haha... Passive Invasion!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Yeah but Eddie do you have any idea of how Soviet economy worked? It didn't!

If you are a doctor, you see the meat packer's kids and take good care of them and the meat packer gives you meat. The meat packer gives meat to the guy who works in the shoe factory to get shoes. Pretty much entire nation worked like this! When they closed down the alcohol stores until 10:00 am instead of 8:00 guess what, the country didn't start work until 10:00.

Soviet system sucked man, I mean it SUCKED! You have to have free markets for stuff to work at all.

Nomenclatura were the 'rich' class of the equal society. They had special access cards to go in shops that were stocked! Dude I can't tell you how much it sucked.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Eddie999

How old are you 12 ? Have you read any history ? Europe exists because of the US. We have bailed you out of 2 world wars, is that your idea of doing just find? Don't hold your breathe, The US is here to stay.

Look at how many poor souls have perished in Europe, look at the wars, loss of life, all the barbaric murdering leaders your nations have produced.

Ungrateful Hypocrites

Funny how when most historians debate whether the US had any real impact on the outcome of WW1 you are so certain that they did. As for WW2, the Soviet Union was the nation that won that war, and at a cost of over 20 000 000 lives.

As for barbaric murdering leaders, how many Native Americans, Mexicans and other indigenous peoples did you Americans wipe out with your fascist Christian concept of manifest destiny? How many innocents died in Hiroshima and Nagaski? How many millions has the US army killed in Central and South America and South Est Asia since the end of WW2.

I think America has been ruled by some of the most barbaric and murdering people in history actually.

(I corrected your multitude of spelling errors as well)

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Yes but how to define terrorist.

Terrorist = Angry Muslim

How about the Unabomber? He was a terrorist.

Those Irish army fellows? Seem pretty terrorist to me. Sure they're not Muslim, but they seem to have a penchant for blowing up innocents.

What about angry Christians setting off bombs at abortion clinics? Are those guys terrorists too?

Terrorist is an underdog fighting an establishment, usually by blowing up innocent people to make their case noticed. Whether his actions are right or wrong is defined by your alignment and whether you think his case is valid enough for people to be murdered.

LOL Ted Kaczinski? Irrevelant today!

LOL IRA, Irrevelant Today!

LOL Abortion Clinic bomber. Irrevelant Today!

Yet Today, the time you cannot face directly, Islame is the purveyor or World Wide Terror, with a lack of moral character, and intentionally targeting and murdering innocent children. You fight for their right to kill. and you use anceint history as your justification. You are no better than Osama Bin Laden.

If the Arab world is so great and Islamic rule is too, then why are millions of Muslims fleeing the Middle East? Perhaps building their forces for world domination? haha... Passive Invasion!!!

Ok first off it's 'irrelevant.' Second off there's no need to be insulting. Example of terrorists including abortion bombers, Ted Kazinski, and IRA are all examples of terrorists. So was Timothy McVeigh. I said clearly what terrorism was. I did not justify terrorism. I didn't say anything about 'how great' Arab world is. What I said was terrorism is not synonymous with a particular religion or ideology and defined terrorism.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999

Eddie999

How old are you 12 ? Have you read any history ? Europe exists because of the US. We have bailed you out of 2 world wars, is that your idea of doing just find? Don't hold your breathe, The US is here to stay.

Look at how many poor souls have perished in Europe, look at the wars, loss of life, all the barbaric murdering leaders your nations have produced.

Ungrateful Hypocrites

Funny how when most historians debate whether the US had any real impact on the outcome of WW1 you are so certain that they did. As for WW2, the Soviet Union was the nation that won that war, and at a cost of over 20 000 000 lives.

As for barbaric murdering leaders, how many Native Americans, Mexicans and other indigenous peoples did you Americans wipe out with your fascist Christian concept of manifest destiny? How many innocents died in Hiroshima and Nagaski? How many millions has the US army killed in Central and South America and South Est Asia since the end of WW2.

I think America has been ruled by some of the most barbaric and murdering people in history actually.

Ok if Soviet Union is so great how about oh well let's just kill all the Ukranians we want and then oh hey Kazakstan looks nice let's starve everyone there and take over. While we're so big and bad let's invade Finland. Ooops got our asses kicked by guys on skies.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999

Eddie999

Ungrateful Hypocrites

You are right - the Russians fought incredibly hard during WW2.
Not every American is a moron, so I wouldn't waste your time debating history with ones who are.

Keep in mind there are many in America who actually think US soldiers
can "kick suicide bombers butts" in Iraq. These types have never been in the military, and obviously know nothing about Vietnam. Nor do they care do learn.

If you want to speak with Americans who aren't spoiled and have had life experience listen to newly discharged Iraq veterans. Many are making an attempt to educate the sheltered US public about the realities of this war - and why dying for oil isn't kewl. Don't waste your time talking to spoiled
Americans with big mouths and small minds.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

A terrorist is someone who uses acts of terror to terrorize people into getting what they want. People that justify attacks on civilians.

Someone the is "fighting an establishment" and is the underdog does not always resort to such inhuman tactics. Many people have fought as underdogs in a conflict without attacking women and children.

There has been many a freedom fighter that never used acts of terror. But there has never been a terrorist that did not use terror.

blowing up innocent people to make their case noticed does not make you a freedom fighter it makes you a terrorist plain and simple. If they were real freedom fighters they would attack military targets.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

A terrorist is someone who uses acts of terror to terrorize people into getting what they want. People that justify attacks on civilians.

Someone the is "fighting an establishment" and is the underdog does not always resort to such inhuman tactics. Many people have fought as underdogs in a conflict without attacking women and children.

There has been many a freedom fighter that never used acts of terror. But there has never been a terrorist that did not use terror.

blowing up innocent people to make their case noticed does not make you a freedom fighter it makes you a terrorist plain and simple. If they were real freedom fighters they would attack military targets.

I'm not justifying terrorism.

Everything you see happening in Iraq happened nearly identically in Afghanistan.

If you don't believe that read the books on this site:

www.sovietsdefeatinafghanistan.com...

They are free and written by the ISI officer in charge of supplying and providing US-provided Intel to the Arabs fighting in Afghanistan agains the Soviets, including UBL.

Jihadis in Iraq are now terrorists. Jihadis in Afghanistan were admired for their tenacity and called freedom fighters by the President of the US.

This is fact that cannot by altered by emotion. Stating this fact is not displaying approval of terrorism.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
china lasted for like more than a bajillion years......and yet its still in its "industrial revolution" sort off thing.......we progressed to fast but we will eventually slow down but not implode

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You are right Cookiemonster. We are just slowing down to let the rest of the world catch up. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
taibunsuu

My mistake pardon me for not being so precise in my statement. "The nations within europe". Better? I should hope seeing how your 200 year is full of holes ie: Roman Empire , Egyption Empire, Ancient Greeks.........you see were this is going !

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I'm not justifying terrorism.

Everything you see happening in Iraq happened nearly identically in Afghanistan.

If you don't believe that read the books on this site:

www.sovietsdefeatinafghanistan.com...

They are free and written by the ISI officer in charge of supplying and providing US-provided Intel to the Arabs fighting in Afghanistan agains the Soviets, including UBL.

Jihadis in Iraq are now terrorists. Jihadis in Afghanistan were admired for their tenacity and called freedom fighters by the President of the US.

This is fact that cannot by altered by emotion. Stating this fact is not displaying approval of terrorism.

I understand your point about which side your on in a conflict affects how you see your actions. But werent Jihadis in Afghanistan fighting the only the Russian military right?

I understand military targets but when people do something like the School attack in Russia I cant see how even people on your own side can see you as freedom fighters and admired them for that type of thing.

I could be wrong and these horrible people that would kill kids are seen as heros by their people. But I dont even want to get into someones mind that thinks like that. I dont care how bad my life was I rather die fighting a military enemy then harm one child to further my cause.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The way people are conditioned to the point where they can kill children is similiar to the way people are conditioned to the point where they can kill, period.

1. They are convinced the 'enemy' is inhuman.

2. The killer is mentally enabled to relieve themselves of responsibility for their actions. "Under orders." "For the greater good."

Social and cultural conditions in which the legitimization of murder exist to some degree in all societies. Look at the psychological disassociation of guilt and responsibility between the actions of a group and the members of the group. That's where the conditions for legitimization of murder start.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The way people are conditioned to the point where they can kill children is similiar to the way people are conditioned to the point where they can kill, period.

1. They are convinced the 'enemy' is inhuman.

2. The killer is mentally enabled to relieve themselves of responsibility for their actions. "Under orders." "For the greater good."

Social and cultural conditions in which the legitimization of murder exist to some degree in all societies. Look at the psychological disassociation of guilt and responsibility between the actions of a group and the members of the group. That's where the conditions for legitimization of murder start.

Modern Americans are desensitized to wartime carnage - of both children and adults - because they've never had war on their own land. Most supporters of the Iraq War have never been in combat, either. Our populas is extremely sheltered and pampered - bottom line.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
And once war comes to American shores EVERYONE will support the war even if heads are falling in their front yard. When war gets closer Americans won't want to stop the war just because they can finally see it with their own eyes. When war is that close you have to fight or you die.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Majority of German soldiers died fighting the Russians. German defeats at Stalingrad and Kursk were the biggest German defeats until Berlin fell. Eastern front was Hitler's biggest mistake ever. Many Germans felt that the Western front was purposefully weaker than the Eastern. Once it was obvious they were losing the war they wanted the Allies to have as much as Germany as possible. If you read about what happened to Berlin after it was captured you'll know why.

Not to argue with Russias effect on WW2 but Germany didnt exactly roll out the red carpet for the allies on the western front.

What countires did Russia Liberate besides here own from German rule? I think if America wasnt there Russia would not have stopped at Germany but they would have keep rolling through the rest of Europe and they wouldnt have been liberating anyone.

Hitler and Stalin had already sliced up all the pieces of the pie of Europe during their Non-Aggression Pact

Germany was giving the Soviets the Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania). Poland was also to be divided between the two - along the Narew, Vistula, and San rivers

[edit on 5-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

Well yes I'm all very grateful that the US became involved in WW2 and your help was indespensible but it wasn't a completely altruistic act as the above, post makes clear, if the US hadn't become involved and Europe was overrun by the Nazis and Soviets, then you would have had these two aggressive super powers glowering across the pond at you, plotting how they could get a piece of your action so it was prudent to become involved. Incidentally without allied help do you think the US would have regained Europe any easier. The gratitude should go both ways really.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
And once war comes to American shores EVERYONE will support the war even if heads are falling in their front yard. When war gets closer Americans won't want to stop the war just because they can finally see it with their own eyes. When war is that close you have to fight or you die.

The first Gulf War had legit reasoning on this rationale. Let's keep nationa from arbitrarily invading other nations. This is a good rationale. But the second Gulf War was the opposite - US invaded Iraq when it held no threat to the US or any other nation.

War in Afghanistan was to get the guys responsible for 9/11. Again this is legit. But Gulf War 2 is a massive leap of logic for starting a war.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
America will still be there in 200 years time but the driving force within it will have changed as will the language MEXICANS will have overrun the country and english(american) will be a 2nd or third language. Not through war but by outbreeding the almost native white population who will be the minority. Anyhow like it or not America is an extension of europe as was your language, history and religous beliefs etc. are all european based. You can trace your family trees back to somewhere in europe. The declaration of independence was from who? The world is still suffering from fallout from the european expansion into empire building. The native americans especially lost a lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join