It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA - Ripe for Implosion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Eddie999

How old are you 12 ? Have you read any history ? europe exists because of the US. We have bailed you out of 2 world wars, is that your idea of doing just find? Dont hold your breathe, The US is here to stay.

Look at how many poor souls have perished in europe, look at the wars, loss of life, all the barbaric murdering leaders your nations have produced.

Ungrateful Hipocrits

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
The average age of the world's great civilizations has been 200 years.

I cant agree with this statement. First as was stated Roman Empire lasted well over a thousand years. Then you have Egypt which lasted (as a major world power) for thousands of years.United Egypt lasted 3200 years from King Menes to the last Pharaoh, Cleopatra, who died in 27 BC. Ancient Greece lasted 2,177 years.

Alot of great civilizations last far longer then 200 years

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Uhm..I love all the U.S. haters..I really do. I love you all.

Talibunsuu - The "average age" you have is a COMPLETE FALACY. Rome lasted more than 500 years, ALMOST 1,000. The Islamic Empire lasted about 1500 years. Greece lasted at LEAST 400 years. Let's see what else? Hmm...Egypt lasted about 2,000 years...wow..lol your average age of super-powers is false. Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union don't count. lol...and don't even think about adding China..lmao...

Guys, whether you like it or not, the U.S. is not disappearing anytime soon. Why? Because Democracy, though it may fall, it builds back up. Always has, always will. When one class in the pyramid of society falls, another takes it place. And so on and so forth. I don't think you have to worry about the U.S. falling in your lifetime. And if I am wrong, I'll pay you 1 TRILLION DOLLARS. EACH - If the U.S. falls within in the next 20 years. lol. True, the U.S. Military lines ARE stretched pretty thin, but after the Middle East settles down, we'll be back - And ready to go again. Besides, even Bush can't rule the U.S. for more than another 4 years? So don't worry about it.

-wD

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MBF

Originally posted by Eddie999
Europe exists perfectly well without a dominant superpower, maybe the rest of the world can as well.

Ever hear of WWII? Europe exists as it does today because the US went and pulled its rear end out of the fire.

What, was Hitler trying to erase Europe or make Germania, a European superpower? Europe is a continent, kinda hard to make it not exist.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sniper068
Eddie999

How old are you 12 ? Have you read any history ? europe exists because of the US. We have bailed you out of 2 world wars, is that your idea of doing just find? Dont hold your breathe, The US is here to stay.

Look at how many poor souls have perished in europe, look at the wars, loss of life, all the barbaric murdering leaders your nations have produced.

Ungrateful Hipocrits

Actually, it's you that hasn't read any history.

Europe existed before the U.S. did. In fact, the U.S. exists because of Europe! U.S. originated from England and bits and pieces came from the rest of Europe to make Americans.

Even if Hitler won, it would still be Europe, because Europe's a continent, and the Nazi empire is Germany, which is a European country!
Talk about your all-time backfires!

Really (tries to hold back laughter), go back to college, and try to learn something instead of partying... (loses control).

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I cant agree with this statement. First as was stated Roman Empire lasted well over a thousand years. Then you have Egypt which lasted (as a major world power) for thousands of years.United Egypt lasted 3200 years from King Menes to the last Pharaoh, Cleopatra, who died in 27 BC. Ancient Greece lasted 2,177 years.

Alot of great civilizations last far longer then 200 years

Actually, there really is not "limit" as to how long empires can exist. They can exist for as long as they can.

I think the U.S. will still be around by 2052.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Europe, though a continent, would have been under German rule. The U.S. stepped in and saved major ass. Let's check the list:

Great Britain - Nearly fell during the Battle of Britain, they were competely wiped out. After the U.S. backed them up, they made a major comeback, and helped defeat Nazi germany.

France - lol...the French Resistance wasn't going to win the war. Without the help of the Allied Forces - led by the U.S. - they would be speaking German right now.

Russia - They were holding they're own against the Nazi's, but without the Allied forces - again led by the U.S. - fighting elsewhere in the world, the rest of the Axis world would've swept through Russia.

Let's compare NOW to 1941.

War:

1941: World War 2 begins for U.S. NOW: The War on Terrorism - 2001.

Why?: 1941: Japan bombs Pearl Harbor. NOW: Al Qaida bombs New York.

How?: 1941: With Planes. NOW: With Planes

Wow..would you look at the similarity of the two? Makes you wonder, huh?

Chechnyians, HAMAS, Al Qaida, and all Terrorist organizations throughout the world deserve to be destroyed. And the U.S. has, ONCE AGAIN, taken the lead in ANOTHER war on Evil. First it was the Axis, Now its The Terrorists.

-wD

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   
First of all - Thank you for correcting me in my statement of the ages of the great empires throughout history.

Second of all - The U.S. will still be around for AT LEAST another 200 years. So, guess what! NONE OF US HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT. Because we won't be here when it happens. So who cares? Let the politicians worry about it!

-wD

('night all)

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Okay, it's really apparent some people have forgotten the basic concept of time:

Time moves forward, not backward.

I am not denying America's contributions to Europe, first of all.

But because time moves forward, Europe is the reason for America's existence. No Europe, then North America would be the biggest Chinese country outside of China mainland.

Perhaps it's because many of my fellow Americans are too arrogant to realize this. I believe Europeans should be thankful for America's contributions to Europe. But I think Americans should be extra thankful Europe even decided to colonize America.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Majority of German soldiers died fighting the Russians. German defeats at Stalingrad and Kursk were the biggest German defeats until Berlin fell. Eastern front was Hitler's biggest mistake ever. Many Germans felt that the Western front was purposefully weaker than the Eastern. Once it was obvious they were losing the war they wanted the Allies to have as much as Germany as possible. If you read about what happened to Berlin after it was captured you'll know why.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
But I think Americans should be extra thankful Europe even decided to colonize America.

Well all except for the Native Americans that didnt work out to good for them.I dont think they are too thankful.

I get your your point though and agree

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Majority of German soldiers died fighting the Russians. German defeats at Stalingrad and Kursk were the biggest German defeats until Berlin fell. Eastern front was Hitler's biggest mistake ever.

I always found it interesting how history repeats itself. Napoleon made the same mistake in the early 1800's that Hitler did in the 1940's -- both tried to attack the U.K. and Russia at the same time. ("Russia" was the Soviet Union during World War II, of course.) At least Napoleon had the sense to call a full retreat from Russia when the snow started falling...

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Majority of German soldiers died fighting the Russians. German defeats at Stalingrad and Kursk were the biggest German defeats until Berlin fell. Eastern front was Hitler's biggest mistake ever. Many Germans felt that the Western front was purposefully weaker than the Eastern. Once it was obvious they were losing the war they wanted the Allies to have as much as Germany as possible. If you read about what happened to Berlin after it was captured you'll know why.

Not to argue with Russias effect on WW2 but Germany didnt exactly roll out the red carpet for the allies on the western front.

What countires did Russia Liberate besides here own from German rule? I think if America wasnt there Russia would not have stopped at Germany but they would have keep rolling through the rest of Europe and they wouldnt have been liberating anyone.

Hitler and Stalin had already sliced up all the pieces of the pie of Europe during their Non-Aggression Pact

Germany was giving the Soviets the Baltic States (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania). Poland was also to be divided between the two - along the Narew, Vistula, and San rivers

[edit on 5-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yes General Winter was extremely harsh. Why bother shooting at the enemy just let him sit in foxhole when it's -40. So sad amount of boys who died for no reason in cruelest way possible. When you a soldier you cannot decide to leave foxhole and get warm. Pictures of Germans dead in foxholes covered in frost. They had to remain there and died of cold. And majority were young men and boys (what is 18-year-old, 19-year-old, come on.) What a nightmare.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
I guess it is hard for me to see the difference betwen a great culture and a great civilization.

The Jewish culture is a good example of a great culture without a great nation. The current Isreal has a way to go before it can be called a great nation, but the strength of the Jewish culture, which has endured for some 5000 years cannot be denied, especially in so far as it has contributed so much to the world at large.

[edit on 04/9/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bushblows

Have a hunch Europe will carry on without us....they were here long before us and survived way worse then we ever have on their own land for centuries....

It's very arrogant American to think the world will like, "turn dark" without us....believe it or not other countries existed pre-USA!

[edit on 4-9-2004 by bushblows]

they were here long before us ? what is that! arrogant thinking on your part maybe? Most Americans are of European hereditary derivation. Americans have learned from the mistakes of our ancestors.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL

Chechnyians, HAMAS, Al Qaida, and all Terrorist organizations throughout the world deserve to be destroyed.
-wD

Yes but how to define terrorist. The US was established by 'terrorists' according to Britains at the time. Not all people in the Americas wanted a war. So just as you say Chechnyan is terrorist, keep in mind Chechnya is part of world, not everyone there is terrorist, unless you include 100% of Chechnyan population. AQ was initially financed and supplied by the US to rid Afghanistan of Russians. At the time Reagan called them 'freedom fighters.' Difference between freedom fighter and terrorist depends on your alliance and national goals.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Yes but how to define terrorist.

Terrorist = Angry Muslim

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Americans who helped fight the Nazis no longer exist in the USA; America is now an entirely different place then it was back then. Your average US civilian is too overweight and spoiled to take out the trash no less slay a Nazi. Our young people have no life experience.

We influence europe in a very bad way now. Our eating disorders, obesity, pervy view of sex, the violence on our televisions and our prioritizing "work" over staying home with family makes us a very negative force.

Sadly, the world would be a much better place without the USA at this time.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues

Yes but how to define terrorist.

Terrorist = Angry Muslim

How about the Unabomber? He was a terrorist.

Those Irish army fellows? Seem pretty terrorist to me. Sure they're not Muslim, but they seem to have a penchant for blowing up innocents.

What about angry Christians setting off bombs at abortion clinics? Are those guys terrorists too?

Terrorist is an underdog fighting an establishment, usually by blowing up innocent people to make their case noticed. Whether his actions are right or wrong is defined by your alignment and whether you think his case is valid enough for people to be murdered.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join