It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Air Show

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Persian please take as many pics as possible, especially if they have F-14s. I really love those Tomcats.

Unfortunately, due to my work I won�t be able to attend the air show but I am sure there will be pictures and news that I can post here.

here more info on Shafagh

www.centurychina.com...

Mod Edit: Image too large, replaced with link

[edit on 15-9-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Who exactly is Iran trying to take on?

Do they have a grudge against Israel (who doesn't?:lol
?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
here are some newer pictures that i have posted before.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It's a nice but fairly humble jet in comparison. Probably what's more important is the fact that Iran is getting strong enough to start creating its own aircraft without being completely reliant on foreign purchases. This is a strong indicator.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
It's a nice but fairly humble jet in comparison. Probably what's more important is the fact that Iran is getting strong enough to start creating its own aircraft without being completely reliant on foreign purchases. This is a strong indicator.

Ya this is just a trainer. The full scale is not shown yet.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Sorry, but I don't think Iran has those Tomcats anymore. It's been so long and they probably haven't had maintenance in years.

My guess is they're not capable of flying anymore.

- After the Iran-contra affair I think Iran got a shed-load of spares.

I wouldn't be too sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
sweatmonica you can show pics form the 70-80 but that don't mean they are still flying today, and can you show me some official recorded shoot downs of Iraqi jets by tomcats, cuz so far you just say that without any proof. And sweatmonica do you call contributing going around calling people idiots and stupid? if you do then your not far from it. and pic of tomcats from the 70-80 flying don't mean nothing i said we sabotaged them so they couldn't fire their weapons not so they couldn't fly.

The cockpit will be equipped with the Russian built K-36 ejectionseat, once considered by the U.S. to to be used on the F-22 Raptor

haha good they need a nice ejection seat once they come up against the raptor

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
sweatmonica you can show pics form the 70-80 but that don't mean they are still flying today, and can you show me some official recorded shoot downs of Iraqi jets by tomcats, cuz so far you just say that without any proof. And sweatmonica do you call contributing going around calling people idiots and stupid? if you do then your not far from it. and pic of tomcats from the 70-80 flying don't mean nothing i said we sabotaged them so they couldn't fire their weapons not so they couldn't fly.

haha good they need a nice ejection seat once they come up against the raptor

Sorry but you are what you said I was.

I'd rather not give you "proof," because you would just throw it out as bogus anyway.

If you really want, read "Iran-Iraq War In the Air." One of the best books on modern air warfare ever written. Awesome book.

But, not suitable for you. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
again look at you. You go around opening you mouth than when its time to back it up you try and change the subject and insult people. Is that your way of contributing to ATS posting fake stories then insulting people when someone asks you to back them up.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
again look at you. You go around opening you mouth than when its time to back it up you try and change the subject and insult people. Is that your way of contributing to ATS posting fake stories then insulting people when someone asks you to back them up.

uhh dude he gave you a source but if you want to call that changeing the subject then go right ahead we'll go and run off the numerous times we both have done this and we can get into another arguemnt seriosly stop the propaganda!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Please guys continue the arguing its hilarious..

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpockO_o
Please guys continue the arguing its hilarious..

you have no idea ,go look at some of the american vs world ones. man those were fun.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
uhh dude he gave you a source but if you want to call that changeing the subject then go right ahead we'll go and run off the numerous times we both have done this and we can get into another arguemnt seriosly stop the propaganda!

Since when did sources or truth matter to WestPoint23?

We might as well just disregard his posts. It'll make ATS much more intelligent.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Westpoint, we meet again, long time no speak, how is life? Miserable I hope....

Seems like you never learn your lesson, and you have come back again to have your arse handed to you on a plate once more....

Shafaq is an advanced Light Attack/Trainer aircraft designed by the Aviation University Complex (AUC), part of the Malek Ashtar University of Technology. At the start of the program Iran received help from Russia and the aircraft was back then known as ''Integral'', Russia later backed away from this project due to several reasons and Iran carried on the project by itself and the aircraft became known as ''Shafaq''.
The Shafaq is a sub-sonic aircraft, made of radar-absorbing material. It has a large leading edge root extension (LERX) and a root aft of the wing which gives it an unusual circular sub-section. A 1/7 scale model of the Shafaq has already completed testing in the AUC's wind tunnel and pictures have already been revealed which show that a Full-scale model has already been built. The Shafaq will be built in several variants which include a Two-Seater Trainer, Two-Seater Light Attack and a One-Seater Light Attack variant. Roll-out of the first prototype is scheduled for 2008.

Iranian Air Force

You will also notice the F4 Phantoms, the C-130 Hercules and the AH-1 Cobra's than are in the IRIAF.

Ok, here it is, check out the link for the info you requested Westy..... (also, those Photo's where definately taken after the revolution, you can see IRIAF underneath the cockpit)...and just because you "might" have sabotaged the Phoenix missiles, they managed perfectly well with other typs, and where indeed able to fly, and very well!

Iranina F-14's

Man those tomcats are rusted up in the desert if you don't replace its parts they will go bad and we sabotaged their tomcats so they cant fire their missiles Iran doesn't even have a regular fighter let alone a stealth one

Shut up.... again Westy, you are talking out of what is commonly known as you arse. There was an issue with the phoenix missiles apparently, but they still seemed pretty capable when using other missiles. They're not rusting in some desert somewhere, they are in active service, although only around 25 remain in full "fighting fitness"

D

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just ignore Westpoint. He's been like this since he got here. Some days he can be informative, but recently he's lapsed back into "everything that's not from the US is crap" without backing it up. And if he does attempt to back it up he always brings it back to the F-22, which we all know is the best fighter jet, but it's his only defence. Even veterans of the US army and the USMC on this forum have told him off. Just ignore his "anti-world" rants.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   
cough second best cough YF23 cough

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
www.globalsecurity.org...
For some more info on these Tomcats. There were problems with spares, doesn't give anything definite on their current state.

Westpoint: the US is NOT the best at EVERYTHING! It may be the best at some stuff, but not all. Try to grasp this difficult concept. Use the yellow pages, there may be a support group near you.

And

You contribute 0 to ATS

Someone forgot to take into acount the humor factor. After all, many of his posts are laughable.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi
Someone forgot to take into acount the humor factor. After all, many of his posts are laughable.

You're right. It'd be unfair to dismiss his posts without considering what a good atmosphere he creates in the forums.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Enough about other members. If you don't like someone's posts ignore them, either with the 'Ignore' feature or the old-fashioned way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join