It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iran Air Show

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   




posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
D,

You're right. WestPoint23 and intealearthling do nothing but spew "if it ain't American, it ain't right s**t."

All you have to do is read everything they've written. They pretty much incriminate themselves each time!


Hey, I guess they're right, I can't tell them to not post. So I say to them, continue posting garbage! After all, you gotta give your best at everything!


What's up sweatmonicaIdo

The F-14's were sold to Iran in the 1970's under the Shah's rule. And yes, they are still flight ready aircraft.

Because they're American made!



[edit on 14/9/04 by Intelearthling]



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Sorry, but I don't think Iran has those Tomcats anymore. It's been so long and they probably haven't had maintenance in years.

My guess is they're not capable of flying anymore.


They are down to about 20 that are still in flyable condition. As the F-14's are retired, the black market may make more part avalible to them down the road. Someone above posted a link and it seems that they did pretty well in teh iran Iraq war. The Shah purchased them to counter the Mig-25 that was overflying Iran. Funny when they took delivery, the overflights stopped



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
They are down to about 20 that are still in flyable condition. As the F-14's are retired, the black market may make more part avalible to them down the road. Someone above posted a link and it seems that they did pretty well in teh iran Iraq war. The Shah purchased them to counter the Mig-25 that was overflying Iran. Funny when they took delivery, the overflights stopped


How many were originally? Wasn't it like 80?

Oh yeah, they did awesome in the Iran-Iraq War. I'm reading "Iran-Iraq War In the Air" and it says that the F-14 pretty much did everything it was capable of doing. It's AWG-9/AIM-54C combo was extremely effective and it's powerful radar made it a superb AEW platform.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Persian please take as many pics as possible, especially if they have F-14s. I really love those Tomcats.


Ahem! Attention here! The F-14 happens to be of American origin! Not Iranian!

It IS a really capable aircraft, IN THE HANDS OF A CAPABLE PILOT!


The Iranians Tomcat drivers and RIOs were trained in America and did great in the Iran-Iraq war.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
taibunn,

In fact, the Iran-Iraq War was the most expansive use of the F-14s ever in history.

I mean, can you believe the U.S. never utilized the AWG-9/AIM-54C combo in combat? Ever? The Su-22s and MiG-23s shot down in 1981 and 1989 were with Sparrows and Sidewinders. Not even in the Gulf War, or the Balkans, or in the Iraq War.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelearthlingBecause they're American made!



no, actually most were falling apart in the 80's and many were cannibalised then russia started helping iran to keep them maintained and upgraded, im sure they still do and i bet iran can do it by now on its own.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Just ignore westpoint unless you really enjoy shooting him down once in a while (i sorta do). He won't listen. He's a propaganda-driven drone. The only thing I can say in his defense is that the less intelligent half of American highschool students (maybe more than that) are pretty much all sold on the same BS as Westpoint. Why do you think that two parties have managed to dominate American politics with no scares from radicals? It's because they keep the dangerous masses of ignorant and easily led youth like Westpoint hyped up on red white and blue propaganda. The last thing I'll say regarding Westpoint and his views is this: although between he and I, I am the one who has actually served in the US Military, I am the one who can see and accept America's shortcomings. Perhaps I'm a rabid anti American cleverly hiding behind an Eagle Globe and Anchor, but more likely he is an uninformed kid who has operated his mouth and head at grossly disproportionate rates.


As for Iranian stealth: I am skeptical that they could build it themselves; much as i am skeptical that they could build a nuclear weapon all by themselves. I am concerned that they could be recieving aid from or conducting business with nations like (in order of probability) North Korea, China, Russia, and France for the purpose of arming them as a deterrent against further US actions in that part of the world. Everybody except westpoint who thinks it's absurd that Iran could have recieved help with stealth (or maybe just radar jamming) from China, raise your hand. Now take that hand and strike yourself if you actually raised your hand as if I could see it. Back to the point, Iran didn't have to make anything on its own. They can beg for help from our enemies, or buy help from our friends. Combine that with the fact that they have their own means (contrary to popular belief, there are very few humans still living in caves anywhere in the world... unless of course they're hiding AC-130 gunships- which aren't exactly the best weapons for picking off terrorists in civilian-rich environments, regardless of what the pentagon might think).... i guess i got sidetracked again. I think my point is made though, so good day (except to westpoint... I pray that one of your peers will turn you in for not being rabidly pro-US enough, and that you will be sent to camp xray for re-education.)

[edit on 14-9-2004 by The Vagabond]



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
taibunn,

In fact, the Iran-Iraq War was the most expansive use of the F-14s ever in history.

I mean, can you believe the U.S. never utilized the AWG-9/AIM-54C combo in combat? Ever? The Su-22s and MiG-23s shot down in 1981 and 1989 were with Sparrows and Sidewinders. Not even in the Gulf War, or the Balkans, or in the Iraq War.


An Iranian F-14 launched an AIM-54 from 150 km out against a pair of Mig-23s flying in formation. The explosion killed both Migs with one shot.

Iran gave an F-14 to the Russians and they helped with a lot of the probs.

Iranian computer programmers did all the computer work. One thing about computers and programming is that even poor countries have geeks.

Someday maybe someone will make a movie about the Tomcats in that war, they completely dominated the Migs and didn't lose any in combat until Iraq got some Mirage-IIIs.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Just ignore westpoint unless you really enjoy shooting him down once in a while (i sorta do). He won't listen. He's a propaganda-driven drone. The only thing I can say in his defense is that the less intelligent half of American highschool students (maybe more than that) are pretty much all sold on the same BS as Westpoint. Why do you think that two parties have managed to dominate American politics with no scares from radicals? It's because they keep the dangerous masses of ignorant and easily led youth like Westpoint hyped up on red white and blue propaganda. The last thing I'll say regarding Westpoint and his views is this: although between he and I, I am the one who has actually served in the US Military, I am the one who can see and accept America's shortcomings. Perhaps I'm a rabid anti American cleverly hiding behind an Eagle Globe and Anchor, but more likely he is an uninformed kid who has operated his mouth and head at grossly disproportionate rates.
[edit on 14-9-2004 by The Vagabond]




But yeah, your point is well taken. Iran does have many tricks up their sleeve. Somehow, Iran is just a good market for military equipment.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
An Iranian F-14 launched an AIM-54 from 150 km out against a pair of Mig-23s flying in formation. The explosion killed both Migs with one shot.

Iran gave an F-14 to the Russians and they helped with a lot of the probs.

Iranian computer programmers did all the computer work. One thing about computers and programming is that even poor countries have geeks.

Someday maybe someone will make a movie about the Tomcats in that war, they completely dominated the Migs and didn't lose any in combat until Iraq got some Mirage-IIIs.


I guess the Iranians showed why the F-14 is possibly the greatest fighter/interceptor ever in history.

I wasn't aware Iran gave an F-14 to the Soviets, though?
That's a scary thought.

They won't make a movie like that on the Iran-Iraq War. Even if it's a foreign film, George W. Bush will call it "unpatriotic," "evil," and sympathizing with "terrorists" and "evil men who plot evil in evil rooms and evil lands."


I think the Iran-Iraq War is too undercovered. The Iran-Iraq War was actually the longest conventional full-scale war (regional) in the 20th century, and possibly the most violent. It had everything good about war (bravery, courage, sacrifice, honor) and the worst (decimating civilian areas and population, insane destruction by artillery, bombs, missiles, chemical weapons by BOTH sides). It's possibly the only indication of how two evenly-matched modern military forces would do.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by sweatmonicaIdo]



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Yeah but sometime in the future when everything's hunky dory there'll be an opportunity to make the movie. There have been plenty of movies made from German and Russian and Italian point of view and they were all enemies at one time. Enemy is Iranian government not the people.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Yeah but sometime in the future when everything's hunky dory there'll be an opportunity to make the movie. There have been plenty of movies made from German and Russian and Italian point of view and they were all enemies at one time. Enemy is Iranian government not the people.


Well, the Iranian people are staunch supporters of the Iranian government...

Not like the Iraqi people with the Iraqi government.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Persian please take as many pics as possible, especially if they have F-14s. I really love those Tomcats.


Man those tomcats are rusted up in the desert if you don't replace its parts they will go bad and we sabotaged their tomcats so they cant fire their missiles
Iran doesn't even have a regular fighter let alone a stealth one



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
taibunn,

In fact, the Iran-Iraq War was the most expansive use of the F-14s ever in history.

I mean, can you believe the U.S. never utilized the AWG-9/AIM-54C combo in combat? Ever? The Su-22s and MiG-23s shot down in 1981 and 1989 were with Sparrows and Sidewinders. Not even in the Gulf War, or the Balkans, or in the Iraq War.


That is because everyone ran once they picked up the AWG-9 on their ECM. They knew what the F-14s could do and did not want any part of it.

The only A2A kill that the US Navy F-14s got in DS was a Mi-8.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Persian please take as many pics as possible, especially if they have F-14s. I really love those Tomcats.


Man those tomcats are rusted up in the desert if you don't replace its parts they will go bad and we sabotaged their tomcats so they cant fire their missiles
Iran doesn't even have a regular fighter let alone a stealth one



You continue your streak of contributing nothing, a streak which began on June 15, 2004.

Are you really that stupid? If the Tomcats were sabotaged, how'd they kick @$$ in the Iran-Iraq War?

You seriously need to post on a message board that tolerates stupidity. Try the Degrassi website message boards.



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23


Man those tomcats are rusted up in the desert if you don't replace its parts they will go bad and we sabotaged their tomcats so they cant fire their missiles
Iran doesn't even have a regular fighter let alone a stealth one



Ok.





posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
taibunn,

I have a feeling that photo is from the '70s or '80s.

Even so, WestPoint23 is stupid.

Back to you, Skip (if I can use your line!)



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Man those tomcats are rusted up in the desert if you don't replace its parts they will go bad and we sabotaged their tomcats so they cant fire their missiles
Iran doesn't even have a regular fighter let alone a stealth one



Wrong again. The Iranians still use the F-14s to this day. They were able to procur spare parts from "alternate sources" and keep some of them flying. They even modified them to fire the Hawk missile from a modified launcher on stations 2 and 3.

LINK



posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
OK taibunsuu and sweatmonicaIdo,

No more bickering and slinging insults from this end.

Here's a picture of a full-scale mock up 2-seater trainer shown at the 2002 Iranian Air Show:



It will use the the Russian built Klimov RD-33 turbojet, the same as used on the Mig-29

and the inside of the cockpit:



The cockpit will be equipped with the Russian built K-36 ejectionseat, once considered by the U.S. to to be used on the F-22 Raptor

The Russian Mig-I 2000:



Supposedly is what the Shafagh is modeled after.

And taibunsuu, about the F-14A's and their pilots:
30 years ago, the US-Iranian relations were very close-knit. I do know their pilots were trained in the U.S. and are very capable pilots, which was proven up against Iraqs Russian built Mig's.

I'll admit my sarcasm on my part.


[edit on 14/9/04 by Intelearthling]



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join