It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-OWS threads reach for everything they can to denouce the movement.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Um.. your rudeness is quite illustrating indeed.

And your understanding of the word noob is apparently flawed.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
BTW look whose making news

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Btw... look at what's off topic

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
reply to post by ker2010

I understand your reasons for not supporting. That's fine.

What's not fine are the Misleading thread titles.. the constant childish insults.. the oft covered ground of trying to color all of OWS by one aspect or example.. that is the point of this thread.

I'm not even trying to gain support for them.. i'd just like to see the BS to stop.

But some people can't help themselves I guess.

What I can't get past is the constant, saying of "oh that's just one OWS'er, that is not all of us" It seems that is being said more and more these days, I just can't get behind a movement that those things need to be said about, over and over again.

I'm sorry I just do not support the OWS'ers or what they are occupying ???

I really wish I could support them and what they stand for, but what is that? ............ I don't know?????

Yeah I know you say you are against the greed on Wall Street, but what does that mean? What are you really protesting? I am against the greed on Wall Street, I think most Americans are, but I think you are protesting the wrong place!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

Ron Paul would be better-off siding with OWS, than OWS would be siding with Ron Paul. The dude's economic platform is a Wall Street wet dream.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Um.. your rudeness is quite illustrating indeed.

And your understanding of the word noob is apparently flawed.

really?!

im sorry .. but i dont agree with the Occupy movement.

So with that being said .. your going to bash me because i don't agree with above said statements? Your S&F count isnt going to save you from the reality that most americans agree with me.

the Occupy movement is FULL of lazy people who want a hand out .. what say you

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Freedom isn't free you have to fight for it. Whether that be to peaceably assemble or take up arms.

So for all you Anti-OWSers what are YOU doing to fight for Freedom besides hate on the people actually doing something? All I see is Anti-OWSers teaming up with what the MSM spouts. Truth.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
Freedom isn't free you have to fight for it. Whether that be to peaceably assemble or take up arms.

So for all you Anti-OWSers what are YOU doing to fight for Freedom besides hate on the people actually doing something? All I see is Anti-OWSers teaming up with what the MSM spouts. Truth.

what 'news' are you watching?! Young turks?

the MSM is in bed with Occupy movement + Barry.

wow 2 realities in this reality

id like to add that your comment is misleading .. apparently from your words you claim to be moderate.. but your initlal statements proves you are on the wrong side of history

edit on 19-11-2011 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

No, he's basing you because of this:

ddddduuuhhhhh
gooberment
honestly stfu
hit a smoke and realize your on the wrong side of history
R E A L I T Y!
noobs

And you top it off with what you think makes your... rhetoric... totally non-binding:

im drunk

Drinking by yourself and arguing on the internet, and you're going to be insulting someone else? Ooookay chief!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Yea, a certain person mentioned above who posted a few posts up from mine here, spends every second of his existence trying to dig up silly little isolated moments out of the TONS of folks in the Occupy movements across the country.

Its the stuff that SNAKES or SHILLS do here to make the Movement look negative.

The same tactics used in the past by those same types of people who were against the RIGHTS for women and minorities. Same type of DEVILS with the same tactics, just now in modern day...

[color=gold]The average hard working and decent citizens in this country are SICK of the NONSENSE going on in this country and realize and appreciate just how beneficial these movements are to us and our children and their children.... We want our country BACK!!!

The SNAKES want the madness in this country to continue... business as usual that leads us DOWN the DRAIN...

They are afraid that their life of cheating, scamming. and bankrupting this country for their own personal GREEDY gain will come to an end. Notice, the SNAKES and SHILLS have been out in full force lately.

They are afraid...

They should get a REAL JOB. Oh wait, they are the 1% who WATCH US DO ALL THEIR WORK, while they WHINE about everything and spew propaganda against We The People voicing our DISPLEASURE of our country going DOWN the DRAIN by them.

The very people who are RUINING our CHILDREN and GRAND-CHILDREN'S future.

edit on 19-11-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Of course, snakes and shills are ALWAYS relegated to those with an opposing viewpoint. How very ATS of you...

It's amusing though.

edit on 19-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

I don't mind people having opposing views provided they aren't telling lies and painting with broad brush strokes.
edit on 19-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

Ron Paul would be better-off siding with OWS, than OWS would be siding with Ron Paul. The dude's economic platform is a Wall Street wet dream.

Yes wall street really wants to end the fed and shrink government right? You've been proven wrong by facts numerous times in RP threads and you ignore the facts. You are basically a RP troll cause no one can reason with you no matter what facts they present you ignore them.

LOOK at RP taking up for OWS!!!

www.youtube.com...

link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

That's a lot of people's objection. I share some of them.

As to where they protest.. I don't think it matters in the end... I don't know about you.. but it's not just my federal government that I'm upset with. The whole system looks corrupt from where I sit.. so I'm not really very picky on where they do it.

I'm not sure what's next either... I sort of like it that way though.

link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

If that were true he wouldn't have a media blackout like he receives.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

No, he's basing you because of this:

ddddduuuhhhhh
gooberment
honestly stfu
hit a smoke and realize your on the wrong side of history
R E A L I T Y!
noobs

And you top it off with what you think makes your... rhetoric... totally non-binding:

im drunk

Drinking by yourself and arguing on the internet, and you're going to be insulting someone else? Ooookay chief!

easy..

i am coherent...im just displaying my dislike for people who spew non-sense, because im filled with liquid encouragement. lol

fall for it every time. no shame in my game brother.

rather than debating the topic you want to discredit me. typical lazy ... liberal response.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I'd say you're perfectly free to disagree.. you're not however perfectly free to be rude.

I've never paid attention to stars much.. idiotic idea if ya ask me... so whatever.

Full of people looking for a hand out? I say no.

I say full of people who are tired of corruption and lies.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Are you joking. Anytime I actually see the MSM give Occupy attention its just to tell us how many of them were arrested. The other day on CNN the headline was something along the lines of "Hundreds of protesters arrested. 5 cops injured". What about all the injured protesters that have been thrown to the ground numerous times with a knee to their chest and neck?

The MSM does nothing but give us tid bits of information to make us want to disagree with the protesters in an "unbiased" fashion. The whole reason they have assembled has been overshadowed by all the "civil unrest" the Police claim is so hard to deal with. The economy is whats hard to deal with.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

I'd say you're perfectly free to disagree.. you're not however perfectly free to be rude.

I've never paid attention to stars much.. idiotic idea if ya ask me... so whatever.

Full of people looking for a hand out? I say no.

I say full of people who are tired of corruption and lies.

Yes ... everyone is tired of the lies and corruption.

And i wasnt being rude .. what are your panties in a twist?!

Chill out bro (lol)

realize you are the only one getting mad... most likely because you view yourself highly because of your 'experience" i got news for you .. i been here MUCH longer than a majority of the posters here. I can tell you this much ... the only name i recognize from my time here these days is Phage .. and of course the mods... pssh

But i digress, disconnect from your msm and lord Obama .. and this is why...

=

ugh ... i really get tired of laying waste

figures top link isnt working ... most likely because hes getting tired of people using this video to point out how stupid liberals are
edit on 19-11-2011 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Certain people need to put their big boy pants on, and stop using insults and exaggerations as a way to get their point across.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

That's interesting.

I'm not a liberal.

Nor was I angry.

I have no love for Obama either.

You were rude.. whether intentional or not.

And if you're going to make assumptions about me... I'd suggest more research

I miss anything?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Yes wall street really wants to end the fed and shrink government right?

Why the hell would Wall Street want stronger government, ker2010? As beezzer was so helpfully pointing out, this would pretty much translate directly into more and better regulations on Wall Street. It would translate into anti-trust actions. No, my friend, the corporate owners do not want government. This is why they spend BILLIONS to tell you how bad and evil and awful and terrible government is. Each reduction in government power translates into a usually equal, sometimes greater increase in power for corporate America.

As for the fed, Ron Paul wants the fed audited - investigated. This is a different thing from "ending" the fed. Now here's the thing with the possibility of "ending the fed." Killing the Federal Reserve will have one of two possible outcomes - either another private bank will take on all the same powers as the Fed currently has, or the US government will form its own central bank. Ron Paul is on record opposing the idea of a central bank. So... who does he want in charge of our money? 'Cause frankly power abhors a vacuum, and someone is going to rise to the top - unless, I suppose, president Paul wants to drastically increase government regulations on private banks to prevent this? Doesn't seem his style.

You've been proven wrong by facts numerous times in RP threads and you ignore the facts.

Calling me a "troll" doesn't prove me wrong about anything. Nor do the other insults nad dismissals i've gotten from Ron Paul's adoring pack of ATS'ers.

You are basically a RP troll cause no one can reason with you no matter what facts they present you ignore them.

Again, insults are not facts. I do wonder if any of the people I've "engaged" with have actually followed my advise to read up on the history of neoliberal economics.

LOOK at RP taking up for OWS!!!

www.youtube.com...

I see a man who's been in government for 35 years arguing that the government isn't good for anything, and that we should "trust the market." The very same market that he just admitted was the problem.

I see a man who almost gets it. "Almost" only counts in horseshoes, however. He's set in ideological concrete - much like Orwell's sheep, he's just bleating "government ba-a-a-a-ad, markets go-o-o-o-od, government ba-a-a-a-ad, markets go-o-o-o-od!" over and over again, devoid of sense or consideration.

He just needs to make the little jump to realize that the Ayn Rand dystopia he longs for is actually a bad thing for those of us who are not multimillionairres.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join