It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-OWS threads reach for everything they can to denouce the movement.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by mastahunta

Well I'm not sure how I'd recall 2008 ....... but anyway........ I don't blame Obama for the state of the economy, he isn't the reason we are here right now! I don't like him but don't blame him either, I just don't think OWS is HELPING to resolve the problem! They don't even have a centralized message!!

OWS is not in the money and it is very hard to establish leadership in a group that is protesting
hierarchy... Hope fully OWS will be able to evolve into something you can support, I will
try to facilitate that as futile as that sounds.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Bankers corrupt willing politicians, politicians willingly corrupt themselves via bankers. It's the same issue. Like I've said dozens of times, YOU have the ability to pursue a campaign to target politicians. You can put forth an idea of how to deal with our corrupt government at the local GA, and I guarantee they will be on board if it is solid.

We've had efforts like that at occupykc that proved unsuccessful, so we need to try something else. We tried petitioning the local politicians to not accept corporate money or endorse legislation that allows it in politics, but they basically said "We like our corporate money, so no."

If you have any suggestions on how to target the government, please, do tell, because I would be more than happy to speak on your behalf at the next occupykc GA that I attend. Do you want them to assemble en masse in Washington, in one big spectacle of "Hurrah, let's take down the corrupt government!"? Well that's going to happen in early December.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Actually - it is a big part of the problem. Thanks for your patronization. If parent's raise kids with morals then we'd have fewer problems NO? If everyone on the team doesn't get a trophy - then you learn reality.

OWS grew up in the environment where no one's feeling were allowed to be hurt - so everyone got a trophy. Now they feel they are entitled to trophies, free education, health care etc. etc.

You're entitled to what you earn.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Maluhia

Why do you assume that those of us who disagree with OWS are throwing in the towel and giving up?
Because they're the only massive protest group that's against government corruption that I know of, and you're stating that you oppose them.

I'm doing what I can to change what I think is important. Raising kids who know right from wrong and have empathy is a start.
That'll surely fix the country

Wreaking havoc on others' lives is not part of my plan.
Whatever

I'm sorry, remind me when OWS protested govt? I've only ever seen them protest the banks and capitalists.

But I could sear that you said Capitalism doesn't exist in America, you said it was Crony Capitalism
and you said there was a difference, what happened to that?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Exposing the truth is not criticism.
Come on now you seem intelligent you should know the difference. Why is talking about what is wrong with OWS so Taboo for it's supporters?
There's nothing wrong with that at all. There are issues within the protest, and bringing attention to them will only serve to benefit the group as a whole. I've seen some issues at occupykc, but my opinion was overruled, so I sat out the last event in protest of the protest

However that doesn't mean any and all criticism of the movement will be rejected by those within.

Yet we can talk about the wrong doings of just about anything else here at ATS until we're blue in the face. Yet Again when it comes to real world issues within the movement now all of a sudden it's criticism?
Discussing what you see as wrong with the movement is a textbook example of criticism. Don't think of it as a bad thing, because it can be used for good.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

That sounds great, but doubt it'll happen!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

If you have any suggestions on how to target the government, please, do tell, because I would be more than happy to speak on your behalf at the next occupykc GA that I attend. Do you want them to assemble en masse in Washington, in one big spectacle of "Hurrah, let's take down the corrupt government!"? Well that's going to happen in early December.

I hope she does it will be better than most of the suggestions OWS has set forth to solve our mutual issues.

I've heard a bunch of demands but no real solutions.

edit on 19-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Thanks for your patronization
You're welcome.

OWS grew up in the environment where no one's feeling were allowed to be hurt - so everyone got a trophy. Now they feel they are entitled to trophies, free education, health care etc. etc.
The goal of the protest and the original intent was not to get free education/health care. That may be a commonly voiced concern, but it is not the main message behind the protests and you know it. I've said it like 50 times in this thread, do I need to say it again? OUR GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia

Actually - it is a big part of the problem. Thanks for your patronization. If parent's raise kids with morals then we'd have fewer problems NO? If everyone on the team doesn't get a trophy - then you learn reality.

Moral children are very important... but I think you are letting things you disagree with
block the fact that these banks and their tactics are bank for the economy and even your
family.

These people have earned the ability to run America and make all of it's policies by
payoff politicians, are they entitled to that? Imagine the morality in the fact that the
most prosperous work done in America this last decade was the work of defrauding
this government and American tax payers. Is that the type of moral world you strive for?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta

So what about the banks beezzer? The same banks that fund every political campaign and
politician that runs? What do tell to those of us who are sick of the corruption?

Cute fluffy kittens, again. I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv cute fluffy baby kittens!

How about the unions? The same unions that fund every political campaign and
politician that runs? What do tell to those of us who are sick of the corruption?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Me too.. but I can try... Hope you and your husband you mentioned earlier, are well and stay safe!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Discussing what you see as wrong with the movement is a textbook example of criticism. Don't think of it as a bad thing, because it can be used for good.

I certainly hope your "Comrades" are reading what you've typed here tonight. Because the reality of it isn't so. Case in point read some of the heavier trafficked threads and count how many point fingers and name call at those who have expressed criticism.

edit on 19-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My god I'm the Ron Paul of the room. No one has responded to a thing I have said for the last hour. I sit here and watch the Anti-OWS try to justify why OWS is wrong. This is they only thing that makes me lose faith in my fellow Americans. This is how the MSM divides us.

You and me will all go down in history,
With a sad Statue of Liberty,
And a Generation that didn't agree.

You and me will all go down in history,
With a sad Statue of Liberty,
And a Generation that didn't agree.

What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?!!!

Sad Statue - System of a Down

On the topic of crimes that have been involved with OWS. I think the rapists used it as a easy place to commit such a crime. I don't think they were there to protest if that is what they are doing instead. So why attach them to the movement? This is where your deaf ear turns.

The major accomplishment of OWS is that it has created awareness of the Injustices that our US Government/Federal Reserve/Wall Street take part in.

OWS is dissent for Justice. The only people who disagree with this dissent is the Government/MSM.

Dissent is the highest form of patriotism - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

One dude crapping on a police car speaks for the whole movement.
Hundreds of police mauling people fir sitting down are "lone bad apples"

Welcome to ATS. Authoritarian Terrorist Supporters.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So what about the banks beezzer? The same banks that fund every political campaign and

Cute fluffy kittens, again. I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv cute fluffy baby kittens!

How about the unions? The same unions that fund every political campaign and

I agree about the unions, I think the political system should be free of any kickbacks
or bribery of any kind.

I guess because of the kittens, that means that Wall street did not defraud the tax payers,
I am glad you cleared that up for me

link   

Me too.. but I can try... Hope you and your husband you mentioned earlier, are well and stay safe!

Thank you and ..... star!

link   

Is that what it is.

Thanks Dr. Phil.

Has nothing to do with our children's and grandchildren's futures being dismantled.. not to mention this generation's present.

It's all.. little league rules.

There are no losers.

Brilliant.

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I certainly hope your "Comrades" are reading what you've typed here tonight. Because the reality of it isn't so. Case in point read some of the heavier trafficked threads and count how many point finger and name call at those who have expressed criticism.
Expressing criticism in the form of insults, logical fallacies, and repetitive bashing is not the same thing as seeing an issue, and calling attention to it. If you saw an issue with the protest, went down there to explain why that's a problem, and put forth what you see as a rational solution, allowing the group to vote on your proposal, that would be constructive criticism which could be used to benefit the group.

Limiting that to the internet is not constructive, it's really just an opinion that won't be heard no matter how valid it may be.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

Sorry.
I provided a link to the OWS site that I use to criticize their movement.
Not MSM.

Them.

Their words.

Their actions.

Posting it again
sites.google.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

So were the banks and corporations entitled to bail outs? If someone wants to end the federal reserve, end money in politics, end the needless wars, have a term limit for those in office, what does this have to do with wanting something for free?

I have no part of OWS but i do not believe for one second all of them are asking for handouts.

Lets just forget OWS for a moment people!!! (poof they dont exist)

Now that OWS is gone, are you happy with the way this country is being ran? Are you happy with corrupt politicians that pander to special interest groups? Are you happy with the Fed Reserve and the continuous print of money in order to fund wars and line their pockets?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join