It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compelling and Convincing Evidence that Life was Created! What Say You?

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wow... crummy video skips badly... honest injun... still an evolutionist here.. nothing in there that would change anyones mind....
Creationist already believe, and evolutionist see no proof...
Same old same old...
edit on 3-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: correct my pitiful spelling... lol

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Please tell me you don't consider the bible objective evidence

How do you know god exists?

A: because the evidence points to it! From the micro to the Macro - they reveal purposeful and guided design. Something that accidental chance event is not and will not be able to do in million billion years. The Origin Of Life also points to an Intelligent Creator.

Because the bible says so!

A: Nope, not just because the Bible says so but because it's the ONLY reasonable and commonsensical satisfying explanation to the Origin Of Life.

But how do you know what the bible says is true?

A: because its been proven to be true over and over again. Prophecy is one of its biggest and strongest proof that the Bible is true.

Because the bible is the word of god!

A: and that too - of course .

But how do you know god exists?

A: many more factors also show that God exist - like the spiritual side of man and the way how life was designed and created.

Because the bible says so!

A: of course that one too and common sense and logic.

Circular "logic" at its best

A: according to you of course!

So Mr.XYZ what is the answer to my simple question:

Again please explain to me if God is capable of badness, why did Jesus said the following:

“And as he was going out on his way, a certain man ran up and fell upon his knees before him and put the question to him: “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?” Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.” (Mark 10:17, 18)

If Jesus is the epitome of goodness why did he say that "Nobody is good, except one, God"?

Why did Jesus gave the glory to his father and God if you say that God is bad?

Let's start here.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
Wow... crummy videos skips badly... honest injun... still and evolutionist here.. nothing in there that would change anyones mind....
Same old same old...

what do you expect from a close mind?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by edmc^2

Wow... crummy videos skips badly... honest injun... still and evolutionist here.. nothing in there that would change anyones mind....
Same old same old...

Your a closed mind. You creationist you.

For you see, you are partially right! Creationism is Correct! HOWEVER!

Satan created the Universe! Yup, Satan did.

According to the oh so logical creationists, and there incredible scientific minds, everything was created you see by only ONE God, because you see EVERYTHING has to have CAUSE and EFFECT, and thus God has no creator, because everything has one!

Yet, SATAN created the Universe!

Every single non-bible based creationist evidence and argument for a God, works for a Satan-God

And like most of the Bible-based evidence, if read and interpreted in the original language, also points to Satan God.

Thus, I have compelling and Convincing Evidence that Life was Created by Satan! What say YOU?

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

He expects to see what he wants, and if he doesn't it must not be valid.

I believe that life was created, but I also believe in evolution, and I also don't believe in god, but I do believe in a creator(one that is not some separate entity). I think any time we try to answer such questions as the purpose of life, we all come up with different answers, but I think in a way each answer is right.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Same old same old...

LOL... I think thats what I could fairly say about you too...

Believe as you like... it is a free world and I make no attempt to sway your feelings...
Don't fault me or criticize me for searching for real proof of the truth... neither this video or anything else I have seen or read to date produces tangible proof...

It is an attempt by someone who believes to force their belief on others with cherry picked, loosely interupted theroy.

Peace

Out

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Same old same old...

Believe as you like... it is a free world and I make no attempt to sway your feelings...
Don't fault me or criticize me for searching for real proof of the truth... neither this video or anything else I have seen or read to date produces tangible proof...

It is an attempt by someone who believes to force their belief on others with cherry picked, loosely interupted theroy.

Peace

Out

Difference between you and me is that I consider all evidence as suspect until proven to be the correct one.

For example - can the information contained in the the DNA create itself? Can chance event organized and program the genetic code? What's the probability of it happening by chance? What does the evidence show? Evidence upon evidence shows us that it's impossible - not in million billion years. Blind unguided chance can not create such complex, orderly and purposeful design as the DNA.

Thus the logical conclusion - it's a result of a masterful orderly purposeful design!

Do the facts support it? Yes of course.

Here's just a small portion of the DNA code and this webpage - using critical thinking which code is more complex to program?

The DNA code

or the ATS webpage code?

Can unguided programing of the the DNA code or the ATS webpage code possible?

Only someone who has a close mind will say it is.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

Same old same old...

Your a closed mind. You creationist you.

For you see, you are partially right! Creationism is Correct! HOWEVER!

Satan created the Universe! Yup, Satan did.

According to the oh so logical creationists, and there incredible scientific minds, everything was created you see by only ONE God, because you see EVERYTHING has to have CAUSE and EFFECT, and thus God has no creator, because everything has one!

Yet, SATAN created the Universe!

Every single non-bible based creationist evidence and argument for a God, works for a Satan-God

And like most of the Bible-based evidence, if read and interpreted in the original language, also points to Satan God.

Thus, I have compelling and Convincing Evidence that Life was Created by Satan! What say YOU?

What say me?

“If, now, the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.” (2 Corinthians 4:3, 4)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

It is very unlikely that the universe would make the website's code. The universe would have to randomly put the letters and they'll just have to match English words which spaces and proper punctuation by chance.

It is much so more logical to believe that the universe DID make the DNA code by chance. It is just 4 letters repeating in different ways...

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2

A: because the evidence points to it! From the micro to the Macro - they reveal purposeful and guided design. Something that accidental chance event is not and will not be able to do in million billion years. The Origin Of Life also points to an Intelligent Creator.

And that ladies and gentlemen is a BELIEF! I can't believe you're still doing this nonsense. You state "the evidence points to it", but then completely fail at presenting any OBJECTIVE evidence. Ridiculous...especially after others have pointed out what hogwash this argument is.

A: Nope, not just because the Bible says so but because it's the ONLY reasonable and commonsensical satisfying explanation to the Origin Of Life.

Talking about "reasonable" and "commonsensical" when it comes to the bible and your creationist nonsense is ironic given that you completely fail at applying logic and presenting objective evidence.

A: because its been proven to be true over and over again. Prophecy is one of its biggest and strongest proof that the Bible is true.

Proven, huh? A TON of bible prophecies are demonstrably wrong (link) and it's a FACT that many prophecised outcomes were in fact added to the bible AFTER they occurred. But hey, let's just ignore facts, right? That way, that illogical fantasy world doesn't collapse...right?

A: and that too - of course .

So the bible is the word of god even though it was written by MEN? Care to present evidence of this? Or is this also one of those "you have to believe first to believe" hogwash claims?

A: many more factors also show that God exist - like the spiritual side of man and the way how life was designed and created.

How on earth is spirituality proof of god's existence? It could just as well be a sign of how people try to fill gaps in knowledge with myths to "make themselves feel better" about not really knowing. They're essentially claiming to "know" when in reality they simply fill a gap in knowledge with magic...kinda like you.

And given that evolution explains how life evolved from single celled organisms to what we see today...how on earth does that prove god?

Again please explain to me if God is capable of badness, why did Jesus said the following: “And as he was going out on his way, a certain man ran up and fell upon his knees before him and put the question to him: “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit everlasting life?” Jesus said to him: “Why do you call me good? Nobody is good, except one, God.” (Mark 10:17, 18) If Jesus is the epitome of goodness why did he say that "Nobody is good, except one, God"? Why did Jesus gave the glory to his father and God if you say that God is bad? Let's start here.

Well, first of all, there's no objective evidence of Jesus' existence and his doings in the first place. But even if you assume he existed, there's still no proof of him being the son of some god. But hey, even if all that stuff were true, I'm still at a loss of why Jesus would say that given the horrible genocide god committed, and of course given that worms can dig into little children eyes and turn them blind...which given that the worm is also a creation of god according to your (lol) "logic" makes god a pretty nasty son of a bitch.

What you're doing is simply claiming god is only responsible for the good things, but you simply ignore all the genocide and condoning slavery in the bible that is ALSO attributed to god. I guess whatever allows you (in your mind) to pretend that fantasy world is real...because I don't think you agree with genocide and the other stuff god supposedly did according to the bible, which explains why you refuse to admit those things are attributed to god.

You're self-delusional!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Although i am not a Christian, i do believe man was the first creation.
Further everything with low complexity has man as source. Since in the case of evolution theory, mutations are causing in loss of information, so simpler forms may well have come from higher forms.
There is the problem of proving it in the context of our perception of time.
Folks, this is my fictional point of view.
You are well within your right to call me whatever you like.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Barcs

That is not possible. If somebody is Omniscient, it means that they know every that has ever happened or ever will happen AT ALL TIMES. They can't just turn the knowledge off. It's always there.

Says who? You?

dictionary.reference.com...

"having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things.'

According to the bible, god is omniscient. Complete / unlimited knowledge. If I knew what the weather was going to be tomorrow I couldn't just turn that knowledge off. Your arguments don't really make a whole lot of sense, but that's what happens when your entire faith is based on a book that contradicts itself constantly. You try to grasp straws even though they don't make sense. If god chose not to know something, then he is NOT omniscient. Simple as. None of those bible quotes are even relevant to what we're talking about. An omniscient, omnipotent being is NOT just like us.

ehovah God simply chose not to know what Adam and Eve are going to do. It's a loving way - rather than force them to obey, he let them make the decision. He wants them to make up their mind. Just like you if you have kids, would you rather have them love and obey you willingly? Me - of course. And that's all the test was.
Haha, in a loving way? God told them to listen to what he commanded OR ELSE. How many loving parents give their children 1 chance and then kick them out of the house as soon as they make a mistake based on complete ignorance on their part?

How could it be murder if Jehovah God warned the people of the coming flood? How could it be if God gave everyone a chance to get saved? Forty years it took Noah and his family to construct the Ark but what did the majority of people do? Ridicule and make fun of Noah, his family and God. In that forty years Noah and his family were not only carpenters/farmers but preachers.

Again, why did he not warn EVERYBODY, instead of just Noah? Plus HE KNEW already that they wouldn't listen to Noah so why even tell him to spread the message? He is all powerful, which means he could have warned everyone in the snap of a finger, but he did not. Just like with Adam and Eve, he let them live in ignorance, and punished them for it. He made Noah look like the town loony. Just like today. He won't reveal himself or prove his existence yet he expects people to magically figure it out, when any rational person realizes that pretty much all religions say the same things and you can't determine accuracy of any particular one over another. Murder is murder. Stop sugar coating it. God made the flood, therefor he murdered the people. He was a tyrant, and pretty said that people need to follow him or else he'll kill them. Loving? Not a chance.

It's a continuation of the command, besides why should God start the creation again if a sample/representative of each of the animal "kind" can be saved alive and reproduced again? Makes sense?

What's the difference? He's all powerful. He could do anything. You keep attributing human characteristics to god, yet claim he's omnipotent. He could snap his fingers and get the people to repent or remove them while preserving everything else, but instead he does it the tedious way and has a 40 day rain that floods the entire planet. Intelligent? No. Loving? No. Logical? No. What power does this guy actually have?

The bible talks about worshiping god in MANY sections. It seems to me like I know more about the bible than you do.

OKay, then who did Jesus say is the god of this world?

And why did Jesus call his Father his God?

What does that have to do with what I said? Questioning whether god wants worship is downright silly especially if you've read the entire bible.

So it's the Fundamentalists Christians your talking about then that are insane?

I'm not a Fundamentalists but are lumping me with them?

You've already said more than once that you believe the bible is the literal infallible word of god. Is that not what you believe?

Here's just a small portion of the DNA code and this webpage - using critical thinking which code is more complex to program?

LMAO. Take a look at the 2 sequences. The ATS code is organized and written into a language that has functions. DNA sequence looks like a bunch of random generated characters. But alas that is not actually what the gene says. That is our interpretation of what the various pairs of atoms indicate. They don't actually contain alphabet characters lol.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Same old same old...

Peace

Out

Difference between you and me is that I consider all evidence as suspect until proven to be the correct one.

For example - can the information contained in the the DNA create itself? Can chance event organized and program the genetic code? What's the probability of it happening by chance? What does the evidence show? Evidence upon evidence shows us that it's impossible - not in million billion years. Blind unguided chance can not create such complex, orderly and purposeful design as the DNA.

Thus the logical conclusion - it's a result of a masterful orderly purposeful design!

Do the facts support it? Yes of course.

The DNA code

or the ATS webpage code?

Can unguided programing of the the DNA code or the ATS webpage code possible?

Only someone who has a close mind will say it is.

Hi again... I read an exensive article today written by folks at the Mayo clinic regarding what they say is the actual alteration of an infants dna whilst in the womb due to environment factors... in this case hormones and a medication previous used in the 40s thru the 60s called DES and also you can research this link which clearly outlines that genes can be, always have been and will continue to mutate unaided.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by edmc^2

It is very unlikely that the universe would make the website's code. The universe would have to randomly put the letters and they'll just have to match English words which spaces and proper punctuation by chance.

It is much so more logical to believe that the universe DID make the DNA code by chance. It is just 4 letters repeating in different ways...

So are you saying that the website page code is more complex than the DNA code thus "universe" is not capable of writing it but is capable of writing the DNA code?

Is that what you're saying? Correct?

Sorry to say this arpgme but to me what you just said is pure blind faith if that's you meant.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

And that ladies and gentlemen is a BELIEF! I can't believe you're still doing this nonsense. You state "the evidence points to it", but then completely fail at presenting any OBJECTIVE evidence. Ridiculous...especially after others have pointed out what hogwash this argument is.

Of course the old tired ridiculous / hogwash argument, what else to expect, and yet, you BELIEVE in something you don't know. So whose being ridiculous here?

But in any case let me ask you this simple question - is the DNA code a random code or a highly organized purposeful intelligent code?

Talking about "reasonable" and "commonsensical" when it comes to the bible and your creationist nonsense is ironic given that you completely fail at applying logic and presenting objective evidence.

Objective evidence is all around us you just refuse to see them because they invalidate your pre-conceived ideas.

Just the location of the planet earth is another convincing and compelling evidence that it was place there for/with a purpose. Sadly this one too you will fail to see.

Proven, huh? A TON of bible prophecies are demonstrably wrong (link) and it's a FACT that many prophecised outcomes were in fact added to the bible AFTER they occurred. But hey, let's just ignore facts, right? That way, that illogical fantasy world doesn't collapse...right?

Now this is interesting - an atheist, a Godless person trying to explain Bible prophecy - how ironic.

I'd like to deal with website you've linked but this not the thread to do it - so I'll address them in a different thread to show you how mistaken your so Godless prophecy expert is.

So the bible is the word of god even though it was written by MEN? Care to present evidence of this? Or is this also one of those "you have to believe first to believe" hogwash claims?

Let me just link you to a thread that deals with it. I believed you're aware of it but here it is in case you're interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How on earth is spirituality proof of god's existence? It could just as well be a sign of how people try to fill gaps in knowledge with myths to "make themselves feel better" about not really knowing. They're essentially claiming to "know" when in reality they simply fill a gap in knowledge with magic...kinda like you. And given that evolution explains how life evolved from single celled organisms to what we see today...how on earth does that prove god?

Huh? So spirituality is the result of evolution too? Amazing grace!!! In other words when we look at the starry heavens and ponder upon the existence of a Creator this is evolution? In other words, when we fall on our knees and utter a prayer in reverence to God, to ask for forgiveness of our sins and give thanks for our daily bread and our life and the many blessing we received this one too is due to evolution?

What else to say but simply amazing grace.

Well, first of all, there's no objective evidence of Jesus' existence and his doings in the first place. But even if you assume he existed, there's still no proof of him being the son of some god. But hey, even if all that stuff were true, I'm still at a loss of why Jesus would say that given the horrible genocide god committed, and of course given that worms can dig into little children eyes and turn them blind...which given that the worm is also a creation of god according to your (lol) "logic" makes god a pretty nasty son of a bitch.

This shows you that you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Here's another - why did Jesus say the following if you say that God is bad?

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." - (Jhn 6:37 KJV)

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." - (Jhn 6:38 KJV)

"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day." - (Jhn 6:39 KJV)

"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." - (Jhn 6:44 KJV)

What you're doing is simply claiming god is only responsible for the good things, but you simply ignore all the genocide and condoning slavery in the bible that is ALSO attributed to god. I guess whatever allows you (in your mind) to pretend that fantasy world is real...because I don't think you agree with genocide and the other stuff god supposedly did according to the bible, which explains why you refuse to admit those things are attributed to god. You're self-delusional!!!

Again if you say God is wicked why did Jesus said the following?

"Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." - (Luk 6:36 KJV)

The Apostle Paul:

"Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;" - (2Cr 1:3 KJV)

"Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." - (2Cr 1:4 KJV)

edit on 5-2-2012 by edmc^2 because: scriptutres added

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

"having complete or unlimited knowledge, awareness, or understanding; perceiving all things.'

According to the bible, god is omniscient. Complete / unlimited knowledge. If I knew what the weather was going to be tomorrow I couldn't just turn that knowledge off.

Look for the meaning of free moral agent also. Like I said God just like all of his creations are free moral agents having the freedom to chose.

Just like you said - " If I knew what the weather was going to be tomorrow I couldn't just turn that knowledge off."

The KEY words are "If I knew". If you have the information then you will know what the weather will be like in the following days but it doesn't mean that you lack the ability to know.

And that's what God choose to do - not to know what Adam and Eve will do although he has the ability to see the future and to see what's in the hearts of man.

"... O LORD, thou hast searched me and known me!" - (Psa 139:1 RSV)
"Thou knowest when I sit down and when I rise up; thou discernest my thoughts from afar." - (Psa 139:2 RSV)
"Thou searchest out my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways." - (Psa 139:3 RSV)
"Even before a word is on my tongue, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether." - (Psa 139:4 RSV)

What's the difference? He's all powerful. He could do anything. You keep attributing human characteristics to god, yet claim he's omnipotent. He could snap his fingers and get the people to repent or remove them while preserving everything else, but instead he does it the tedious way and has a 40 day rain that floods the entire planet. Intelligent? No. Loving? No. Logical? No. What power does this guy actually have?

And if does that people like you will say that God is what? So no matter what God does he can't win, know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

why comment if you havnt even bothered watching the video? in my opinion you dont deserve to.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
^The video is a pile of subjectivity and it's been clearly demonstrated in this thread. We've gone past the silly video.

Look for the meaning of free moral agent also. Like I said God just like all of his creations are free moral agents having the freedom to chose.

Just like you said - " If I knew what the weather was going to be tomorrow I couldn't just turn that knowledge off."

The KEY words are "If I knew". If you have the information then you will know what the weather will be like in the following days but it doesn't mean that you lack the ability to know.

God is OMNISCIENT = He knows EVERYTHING. There is no "if I knew" with god. You either know everything or you do not. There is no in between. If god doesn't know absolutely everything, then he is not omniscient! It's not that complicated of a concept. According to the bible, based on God's actions, he is certainly not omniscient. You just proved my point.

And if does that people like you will say that God is what? So no matter what God does he can't win, know what I mean?

I'm just going based on your beliefs and the bible. Nothing more. I've studied the bible extensively when I was younger. If your second statement is true it proves that god is not all powerful or all knowing. Loving we've already debunked. What other good characteristics does this guy have?

edit on 5-2-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
@malicaha: All I see from certain people is circularity... The matter in the video has not been settled at all, although they all pretend it's the same so they can keep using the same baseless assertions over and over, which is why I left the discussion. It's like trying to explain to water how to be dry.
edit on 5-2-2012 by vasaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
We are all souls born out of the Great Central Sun which is the central point of creation for Mother/Father God. We are all creator beings and have the ability to create because we have the divinity of GOD within us. On Earth millions of years ago we chose to separate ourselves from our Divine "I AM" presence and created a state of duality.
Religion over the eons has continued to keep this separation strong until this generation of humanity where we are having a great awakenning and realizing our reason for existence. To achive Ascension and become GOD BEINGS once again and to raise this planet to a higher vibrational frequency. All religion has elements of truth in it, but ALL religion is very flawed as well.
Jesus was/is not GOD/Son of GOD, but is a great divine being. Emmanuel understood what we need to do on Earth and tried to tell us many times. "I AM the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come through the father except through me." Jesus the Christ was overcome by his I AM presence and was telling us that ONLY by awakenning and becoming one with our own divinity, could we hope to escape the cycle of reincarnation, to Ascend into the heavenly realms. The I AM is the path to salvation.
BTW, The universe was created by GOD beings, humans came here millions of years ago.

Namaste.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join