It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who have OBE’s and Lucid Dreams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Lol, there are various types, why don't you do a Google search n see whatever comes up. When you find the right one, you'll know.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

I can and have, experienced both. I'd like to say...that in a way...these things sort of "find you' in a manner of speaking. Once that happens, they become easy. Some can learn to have OOBE's.

In my own NDE, I was on the brink of death when I saw in my minds eyes a single hand in a STOP image surrounded by golden beams. Later...it was a Vietnam Vet who had used one hand to pull debri off of me...and saved my life.

(PS. I could never had seen him doing that from behind while I was buried. Maybe the Hand of GOD? Or perhaps his? Maybe BOTH.)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by grinitagi
Simple question, ive been a curious about this phenomena but never experienced it, myself.

From the momment you started to have OBE’s or Lucid Dreams how did affect your life ?

Had visions and lucid dreams since my earliest memories (about age three). Since it is all I have ever known, I can say this:

I think (am not sure) that Church became more important to me than to most of my family and peers, because the clergy spoke about the things that were "normal" to me-- but which almost no one else spoke.

I sort of sensed that it was taboo, but eventually came to the awkward realization that most people are not that way. It was (and is) horrible that my family has no idea about such things.

I still doubted for all of my childhood, but as an adult, I have been approached numerous times my persons who knew that I knew. Uncanny boldness. For example, a spiritual director asked me to come up to meet with him. He closed the door, and said, "You know you are a mystic, don't you?" I hemmed and hawed, and he interrupted me to say, "Well, you are. It is obvious to many. What appalls me is that from what I can tell, no one has ever given you any training or support."

Even so, the sense of "taboo" remains-- in that I do not speak of it except when I know I among others who understand. I do so here, because I am anonymous on ATS. Funny, I have some people I try to keep in my life because I am certain they are merely hiding it-- just as I hide it.

At age thirteen and fourteen, I was in catechism class as well as acolyte training. In a training class, at the Altar, the Priest whispered some things to me about what he was doing, and I felt this wonder: "How did he know I knew about things like that-- what made him so sure I would understand?" And that I did understand, and wanted to know more-- he was so enthusiastic -- some happiness I saw which really could not "get."

Before that and since, I had "religious" friends who talked a lot about the Bible and church history (Christian and Jewish, for the most part)-- and I learned from them-- but they never spoke about visions, or mysteries, or the Spiritual Reality I had encountered from time to time.

In my late teens and early twenties, it was acquaintances who had dabbled in the occult which had more experiences similar in some ways to my own-- but none of them liked what they experienced-- telling stories of warning rather than awe.

The OBE...

Well, maybe one or two, but I am not sure. I attempted to do this based on what I had been taught. The first time, under spiritual direction to a priest, I had a very specific vision-- as he promised I would. Where I went was in a Spiritual Reality, but I knew the place. I attempted the same technique, again, on my own because of circumstances which I felt demanded the attempt. It is hard to know if it was a true OBE or a vivid dream, but I found myself in the correct city, but unable to locate the person I sought. I sat on the beach of that city waiting for the sunrise and feeling despair after spending the night searching but not recognizing any landmarks.

How that impacted me was to not want to try again.

My own experiences have always been like "suddenly finding myself in a vision" except for the exercises I mentioned under a spiritual director. I am uneasy about trying to force the experiences-- even when under direction. When I have, the experiences have been frustration. The cumulative effect of such attempts have caused me not to try. In not trying, the visions have become rarer, but incomparably more valuable.

One of the more recent visions was so gentle and focused that I was able to be aware that I was sipping a cup of coffee while it took place-- even as I interacted spiritually. I had no control as to the content, but was in complete control of myself-- but that has always been the case.

I love them and they are too rare. I want to knock at the door (so to speak), but there is something so very special about having your own door lightly rapped upon-- as in, "Hey, Frira! Look what God wants you to see this time!" The visions arrive in a gentle way-- even if the task within the vision is dangerous or the message unsettling-- there is always a compassionate mode-- like a friend placing a hand on your shoulder to get your attention rather than being grabbed and forced. It is always as if I have the choice-- can always look away; but I never have.

When I was very young, I saw some things in a vision which I could not understand. When the vision ended, I had this sense so sure that I almost thought I had actually heard the words spoken to the effect of, "Don't worry. This will make sense when you need to understand. For now, just accept it and accept that you do not understand."

I am not sure if that is what you were asking, but it sure is what I think I needed to tell.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grinitagi

I use to have OBE's almost nightly starting I suppose when I was 13 and up until I was 21 or so though not as frequent then.

I use to fly around up in the sky at night and just check things out in the darkness.

It was kind of weird because you could go almost anywhere near where you lived and believe it or not there were others doing it too.

You would just meet someone and kind of cruise around in the dark. Nothing was ever said just souls flying around.

You always had that silver thread that would lead you back home and to your body.

I would always suddenly wake up when I returned to my body feeling like I had just "bounced" on the bed usually drenched in sweat with my heart racing and very aware of the experience and the feeling of the cool night air on my skin and the wind in my hair. It is kind of weird but all your senses are heightened during it.

When I lived in the country I was usually alone but once we moved in to the nearby town I would have them and sometimes the girl across the street would be having one too.

We would "travel" around together and then come back and go our separate ways back to our own bodies .

Strange thing is as long as we lived there I never spoke to her even once but one time I was standing in the living room and I looked out the window and she was standing in her living room just looking at me. Our eyes met and I knew she remembered having them too and being with me.

They didn't happen again for a couple of years until I was in the military. I had them once in a while and again they just scared the bejeezus out of me. The one I remember the most was the day we had just came back from overseas deployment. That night after a period of "celebrating" our return I had been "flying" around and as I was coming back to my body,I looked down at the roof of the barracks and noticed a black Frisbee lying on the roof of it where somebody had accidentally thrown it.

The next day, I was walking across the common area with some buddies coming from the mess hall and saw some workers climbing the exterior ladder that went to the roof of the barracks. Without thinking I yelled at them to toss down the Frisbee that was up there.

They walked over found it where I had seen it and threw it down. One of my buddies asked me how I knew it was up there. Embarrassed at what I had just said and done, I mumbled that I had seen some guys throwing it around and it went up there.

To me when I was young having OBE's was like masturbating.

You assumed everybody did it just that nobody talked about it.

I haven't had one in decades but I remember them all well.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My OBE's have been about watching other peoples lives while feeling all of their emotions. I'm not sure if this would be considered lucid dreams but I do this thing where I find myself in a bad situation . I "act " it out in the dream and when it actually happens in real life ... I handle things that would make most people shut down. They haven't changed my views on life or death but they do often leave me very distraught. I need logic .. a name to label it with. I didn't get a choice on this stuff happening to me and I'm often puzzled when people want to learn to do it. It's a door you can't shut and not so sure you would if you could.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

I find it hard to fathom that we've had the same experience. You've made it seem like it's Peter Pan Neverland out there, when it's actually more like Hellraiser.

The reasons why things are sooo screwed up on this planet made a lot more sense to me afterward. We are basically stuck in this particular frequency in the spectrum of light and sound vibration while in these bodies, I say we couldn't be in a safer place right now than in our bodies. I use to talk about what is around us to others, then I realized that's not the best idea, it's too much for most people to inform them about things like Fluoride in the food & water... most can't even handle that, forget the wider frequency band of life that exists all around them.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I dont know what too call what happens to me. I have 2 different kinds of dreams the first one I guess you could call deja vu This type of lucid dream is where I see the future IE. I had a dream my aunt broke her leg so I called her the next night and asked if her leg was ok, She asked me how I knew she broke her leg it only happened that morning and she hadn't told anyone yet. This kinda of dreaming happens often with the women in my family I'm the only male that seems to dream of future events mostly painful and tragic event, or I will dream of when I've done something wrong and the confrontation that will come in the future moment for moment word for word like if i get into a fight with my wife. I do try to change events like that 1/2 way through when I realize the event is starting to play out like the dream so I will walk into another room or try to change the conversation topic mid stream to get a different out come. I think changing the future damages my skills and it takes alot longer to have another dream of the future. so I try to let them play out as much as possible. The dreams can come true anywhere from a day to a year later no telling when they will play out. which is a little annoying seems death and injury dreams play out very quickly after the dreams but dream that are not really as serious take longer to play out.

The second type dream I have is maybe more of a vivid obe type dream i enjoy these dreams as I had them since a very young age i died in the hospital when i was 3 years old for 8 mins. and i think that may have something to do with my second type dreams as no one in my family have these dreams. I will basically become aware im in the dream scape and build dreams to my liking IE. flying which is allways fun unless u fall and that stinks creating landscapes i have seen in movies or books to explore contacting dead relatives what ever i think of i can make happen i cant do it 100% of the time but more times than not.

I try to practice in dreams and over the year with practice i have become better at controling my dream.

When I have future dreams I have no control and its like im watching the dream from the outside still very vivid just feels allmost like im watching a movie. the second type dream is very different and feels like its more surreal or dreamy cause i know in my subconsciousness im dream and that its a dream world.

PS I predicted obama becoming president years before he won it was documented on another site but it was so long ago it was erased due to non activity this was the night before he gave key note speech at the democratic national convention in 2004 and i had never seen or heard of him before this
edit on 16-11-2011 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by grinitagi

I realize that I have the capabilities to do the things I can do in my dreams, because I know how to do them while in my dreams.

I am more empathic, intuitive, "psychic", can sense spirits, and see the universe as an interconnected web of infinite life because I have always dreamed lucidly.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join