It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who have OBE’s and Lucid Dreams

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Simple question, ive been a curious about this phenomena but never experienced it, myself.

From the momment you started to have OBE’s or Lucid Dreams how did affect your life ?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Never had an oobe, but I've always wanted to.
But I've had plenty of lucid dreams, and I can say that I felt more conscious in the real world after having them.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by grinitagi

I stopped fearing death. That's the main thing.

It's not something I enjoyed doing though, it takes practice and you're not that mobile when you are aware of what's going on. I'm not even going to get into the things I've seen.

edit on 15-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have lucid dreams about once a week. Most the time it's after playing to many video games or watching multiple episodes of the same show. They are fun and better then normal dreams, but they don't impact my actual like in any way.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I stopped fearing death. That's the main thing.

It's not something I enjoyed doing though, it takes practice and your not that mobile when you are aware of what's going on. I'm not even going to get into the things I've seen.

have to ask, what youve seen? And are we talking about obes or lucid dreams?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

OBE's. I've seen things that exist in a spectrum of light that we can't see, let's just say cat's probably see them often. Lots of vibrant colors too, depends on where you are as far as what you can see.
edit on 15-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: more typos

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I wanna have a proper reply but I thought....I have an OBE....myself -- ya know OwnBestEnemy.....

Seriously though, it is a curious question. Will be fun to follow this thread while I formulate a proper response after thinking of it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

OBE's. I've seen things that exist in a spectrum of light that we can't see, let's just cat's probably see them often. Lots of vibrant colors too, depends on where you are as far as what you can see.

Why you say in your initial post , thats something you dont enjoy ?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I had an OBE when i was around 16, it was real, exceptionally real. Floated about the room observing myself for a period of time then THUD, straight back in to the body. Ive also been having lucid dreams for years, after a bit of practice you can take charge of the dream. I used to make myself fly because it's the greatest sensation anyone can have. This is an aside!! I also have lucid dreams where i talk to my family who have passed on, their magic!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I was traveling in New Mexico many years ago by myself and began to hear a chanting. I then drifted above the car I was driving and realizing that, quickly came back into my body. The experience kind of grounded me from there.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I agree that I stopped fearing death. I will take it a step further and say that it helped me believe a part of me never dies. Well, at least not dying as I have been led to believe. So death has to be an end to the body I now occupy. Something about me has to live on and I have a certain thought concerning OBEs and AP. I am actually sending out my consciousness aka my awareness. It isn't my physical self that is having those experiences.

This also allowed me to embrace reincarnation. I have lucidly visited places that did exist but before my present lifetime. This has been verified by my elders. I suspect that I also AP to similar places, too.
edit on 15-11-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Pro tip for anyone looking to have a powerful lucid dreaming experience.

Sleep deprivation can lead to some intense dreaming.

After we had our son over a month ago, I was up for what seemed like days with little to no sleep. When I finally got a break to sleep for an extended amount of time, I had some really vivid and long lucid dreams.

Part of what prevents people from having lucid dreams I think is that there is an effort by the brain to wake up once one realizes they're dreaming. Maybe because it can be confusing/unnerving for the mind to not be grounded in reality as we know it -- who knows.

Either way, if your'e way sleep deprived, you will gain mental alertness/awareness without waking up (even if you try to wake up via usual lucid dreaming methods). This is a good setup for these kinds of experiences.

edit on 11/15/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grinitagi

OBE's. I've seen things that exist in a spectrum of light that we can't see, let's just cat's probably see them often. Lots of vibrant colors too, depends on where you are as far as what you can see.

Why you say in your initial post , thats something you dont enjoy ?

Because I didn't know what I was doing and it's no picnic in the park out there. I say leave it to the masters to mess with, amateurs should learn as much as they can before even trying it.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

No need for sleep depredation, a good few weeks of meditation will have the same results.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hootsmanwheresmaheid

Identical results for everyone, eh? Meditation is a skill I haven't developed, I guess.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

This is JMO.

When I visit/OBE/AP to places I've been before the vibration is different and I view it as slower vibrations. The energy itself is different. Something that I read a few times deals in infrared lighting. I think it is very possible that my past travels deal in infrared lighting. It is "seen" a white haze when I AP/OBE.

When I visit the future the vibration is very different. The white haze is gone and the vibration is faster. The energy is very "buzzy" for lack of a better word. I suspect this experience can be described as ultraviolet. Let me say here that I cannot predict the future. I just know that I will exist again.

Just know that infrared and ultraviolet are both invisible to our naked eye. We simply cannot see them. That's the take home message.
edit on 15-11-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I lucid dream, every night. I am aware I am dreaming, I think in my dreams... It's quite odd.

It started in June I guess... What people call their "awakening" or whatever. I simply began to realize how superficial my life was, and how I did not have any "real" control over it. As in, I am a slave to money. This aspect of my life has not changed, since this is America. I also realized that if I cannot find the light and love inside of myself, I will not find it anywhere. Kind of a cynical bliss/despair at times, I feel. Just because I TRY to tell others how I feel, and how the world is, and they just either cannot grasp it or they refuse. But slowly others are also seeing the "big" picture.

My dreams are so vivid, sometimes it is tiring because I don't feel like I got a full night's sleep... Ever. Always tired.

But the moment it started happening... I knew that there is more to this. There is more to everything than we know. We are all connected. It's just getting that connection working properly which takes effort. Not everyone is able to, I don't think. Obviously, you know these people, who will never be anything but sheep, will never be able to use this connection. It's about opening the mind. I've actually developed seemingly "psychic" powers, I guess you would say... During a conversation a name or phrase will pop in my head before the person says it, even when it is unrelated. I will randomly think of a song that I will later hear hours later (which I feel confirms I am on my right path
).

I've had a few apocalyptic dreams.. The one I can remember clearly is I am outside of my house, which has been abused from war, no windows, no door, no lights... the trees are gone, no grass, no green... everything is already decrepit. The clouds are heavy, stormy, and everyone around is in a panic but not violent. All of a sudden, in the horizon where I normally see a nuclear power plant, A funnel cloud type formation spirals down from the sky, reminding me of something free-falling, and there is a low rumble and a flash of light, and I hear a man yell "HOLY $#!% IT'S HAPPENING, ITS ACTUALLY HAPPENING, THIS IS IT EVERYONE, THIS IS IT!" And I watch the mushroom cloud rise, and I see the wave of energy coming across the field towards us, and everyone around me is running for safety, but I know that I cannot save myself, so I just get on the ground, kind of kneeling fetal position, so my face is looking at the cracks in the ground and I FEEL calm, not angry or scared, just accepting of whats happening. I think to myself "It is okay, it is okay now, I have done all I can" and all of the screaming and noise stops with a kind of hwaaaaa sound.. as my spirit rises from my body the nanosecond I die, I watch my flesh burn from by body.... And that's when I wake.

After this dream I was not disturbed... on the contrary, I was actually relieved that, even in my dream situation I found peace within myself.. It gave me a lot of hope that when I do have my last moment that I will have the same strength in my own self.

sorry for the tangent or if i was not exactly answering your question correctly. The brain is always in a different world

edit on 15-11-2011 by phaesporia63incarnate because: rewording a few bits

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

You wont develop it if you don't try, you've got nothing to loose have you?

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Hootsmanwheresmaheid

Instruction manual please.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have been attempting to OOBE through various techniques,
but since i stay up late, i have a tendancy to fall asleep. I dunno, I hope it happens soon, i want to have them all of the time. Let the body rest and let the mind explore.. well. anything. Learn in your dreams and bring it back with you to real life. =P

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join