It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Jacques Costeau saw at the bottom of Lake Tahoe?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Had to give you a star on that one for the morning laugh alone!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
My family lives in Lake Tahoe and there is an old telling of that story... She, the creatures name is TESSIE!!

Tourism there sells coffee mugs with her picture on it

WO Tessie!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-11-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
ok - a few points - in no particular order :

Q1 - did costeau ever dive lake tahoe in the 70s ?

A1 - as i refuse to play the ` proove he didnt ` game - its incumbant on those who wish to claim he did , to supply evidence

Q2 - are there " perfectly preserved bodies " in the depths ?

A2 - no liquid fresh water - will not act as a preservative at any temp , the evidence of this is trench foot , further bacterial activity is only retarded @ temperatures > 0 degree celcius , not inhibited , lastly fish and crustateans would still eat flesh

Q3 - has the bottom of lake tahoe ever been explored ?

A3 - TBH , i dont know - but can find no literature to sugesst it has - again its incumbant on the person wishing to make claims that it has to supply evidence , sure the littorial fringes have been dived extensivly - but to go past 150m requires exponentially rising amounts of equiment , or ROVs / submersible craft

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
Perhaps Rosey Oh Donald! in a thong?

MODS

Can we get a ruling if that profanity violates ATSs T & C?

If it doesn't then we desperately need to rewrite them

edit on 15-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
According to this,Cousteau never explored Tahoe:

But Cousteau never explored the lake. Some say his grandson, Philippe Cousteau Jr., visited there, but only for a 2002 speaking engagement. And authorities say they have used sonar and mini-subs to map the lake's bottom and never found such a graveyard. Nobody knows the name or affiliation of the supposed "longtime Tahoe fire chief."

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
David Jones from the pirates of the Caribbean...? "part of the crew, part of the ship..."

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
A2 - no liquid fresh water - will not act as a preservative at any temp , the evidence of this is trench foot , further bacterial activity is only retarded @ temperatures > 0 degree celcius , not inhibited , lastly fish and crustateans would still eat flesh

Thats a good point. A friend of mine lived in Tahoe for a while and told me thay had a terrible problem with invasive non-native crayfish. Crayfish would have devoured any corpses in the lake a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

I have tapes in mp3 format where he went down into the Bermuda Triangle and seen creatures behind bars of water. His skin color changed from that of a raisin to that of a white ghost and told a preacher, "I'm never going down there again."

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by Picollo30

What did Jacques Costeau saw at the bottom of Lake Tahoe?

Uhhhm.... was it a two-by-four?

LoL,....

Maybe, ....But what did Jacques Costeau sea at the bottom of Lake Tahoe?

edit on 15/11/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I was a curious teenager living in that area at the time and he was my hero,next to John Wayne of course. I do believe it was explored by mini sub and because of the frigid waters the bottom was covered in trash and slime.
You got to remember that this was at a time when the anti-pollution movement was a really big thing and J. was a big spokeman for this cause.
ANSWER - 'B' Bob, trash and slime.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
OMG!!! Could this be it!

edit on 11/15/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/15/2011 by YAHUWAH SAVES because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by geo1066

Ha ha I had to read twice there, I thought you said mini bus ! my dyslexia gets worse ! This thread is hilarious (off topic mods i know, but just for encouragemen !) but keep it goin , great laugh !
edit on 113030p://11America/Chicago15 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think he saw the Pink Panther.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix0714
I have heard rumors from the locals that say there are hundreds of perfectly preserved bodies of workers from china that have been down there for over a hundred years. I don't know if this is true, but maybe someone here has heard the same thing? The story is that this was how they got rid of the bodies of people who died, did not work hard enough, or were unneeded after jobs were complete. I don't know, but This is what the locals said he found when he went down there. I heard this story about eight years ago, when on a short visit, otherwise I have never heard of his expedition.

Cheaper to throw the Chinese workers into the Lake instead of paying them...spending the time burying them.

I'm surprised no Chinese have dived into Lake Tahoe to find out if it's true.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
here's a link to a snopes forum on the subject.
message.snopes.com...

I'd say it's just an urban legend.
Or there's an entrance to some underwater cave system.
i don't know.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I go on vacation all the time at lake tahoe. Everyone knows the story of jaques Costeau. I think its BS, he would be a millionare to exploite his findings

There is also a story, "STORY", of the mofia dumping bodys in the lake on the south side. And because its so deep and cold, the bodys never decompose.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jcord

Perhaps Rosey Oh Donald! in a thong?

This I would think to be highly doubtful. Poor Jacques would have spend days in a decompression chamber.
edit on 15-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ol' JC wouldn't be afraid of what's in the picture link, they're as common as muck. They are flying squidactyls, very tasty they are too!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Lake Superor is deep and cold too. When they dived on the Edmund Fitzgerald they sighted bodies on the lakebed but wouldn't release the film only a picture from the distance.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I heard a story about Mr Coustou. But the one I heard is that they saw and filmed flying dinosaurs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join