It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is China Building These Gigantic Structures In the Middle of the Desert?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by exile1981

I think that's true also.
Right now there's a policy controlled by the central gov called invest in the west or something like that,
Basically investing as much as they can to prop up the west of China. But poor planning, abuse of funds, greed, stupidity and so forth has hampered efforts.
I've seen massive huge housing estates that have been built for over 7 years here and hardly no one lives in them. But people buy them stupidly as in investment and sit on them rubbing their hands as the bubble rises
When you purchace a property here you essentialy lease it from the gov for 70 years, you cannot hand it down to your children or family. It must be sold on or reclaimed back.
Some smaller cities iv'e been to a house on an estate is sold by the developer for 500,000RMB, no one lives there it's a ghost town, but most of the houses are sold and owned by the rich.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Maybe its for future reallocation from after the collapse and the disasters ? these random empty cities are coming up all over the world, even a few being built in India which is rather extremely low profile...

Maybe this could be confirmed if we could look at all the locations of this ghost cities and look at the prominent cities where any kind of disasters is most likely to occur. Maybe all these locations are areas where any kind of disasters are least likely to occur...

Why else would countries waste billions and billions of dollars on ghost cities with absolutely no returns and the govt. is actually have to spend more billions of dollars in mentaining these ghost cities...
edit on 14-11-2011 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand

this is a easy one, nothing but a distraction from something much more important.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Because they're inscrutable

And I want to know what they are now : /

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
there are more in China, check area coordinates , 43 13`52 21" N - 91 03`07 91" E, and near areas , there are some strange building look like towns but not , maybe ghost towns , or some encrypted symbols , there are same structures in Africa too and arround the globe , structures that looks like towns from a distance but when you zoom in there just empty !!!!!!, for me seems to be comunication symbols encrypted signs , just assuming..
edit on 14-11-2011 by sabalsis1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

check area coordinates , 43 13`52 21" N - 91 03`07 91" E, and near areas....

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
They could all be some sort of code that can be read from the Sky...

Hmmm, if it is, wonder who they are trying to make contact with...

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Insurance companies

Think about it, they already do it will office blocks. If a fire had to destroy an office block, all the staff would simply move to the insurance block were they keep the latest data and so on. It means that they company can carry on with business and not have to shut down.

If they can do it for office blocks, why not an entire city?

Why they have so many of them, well I have no idea, unless business is booming

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Judging from the first pic, these lines are not actually physically on the ground, if you look how a straight line crosses a mountain ridge, it sure looks like brighter imagery that is making up the lines.

I think that at least the first pic is the result of the imagery, the lines are not actually there.

Imo it seems it´s just a Google Earth roadgrid that is mistakenly projected over the area.
edit on 14-11-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Te 2nd pic seems to have a grey hue over it. Where the squares are, the hue seems to be gone and the picture is clear within those squares, making the squares appear as structures, wich are not there.

Why I don´t know, but again, it seems to be in the imagery.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Maybe they are also constructing pyramids like the russians

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
the first one looks a little off
and those targets look pretty regular

but what is with that massive runway style business?
and those zigzags?

strange business afoot in the world today
i just hope that if this means someth9ing serious
we all find out before it's too late

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
They havnt been mistakingly put there by google, if u change the dates you can see it half made, and vehicles to the left that look like trucks or similar, it looks almost as though they have dumped a pile of chalk dust just to the right of the trucks which they have maybe used to mark out these shapes?

Who knows but you can see it in the construction process if you go to 4/14/2005

Namaste x

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
The third pic is the only legit one imo, the only one that actually has a grid on the ground.

If you zoom in you can see the imperfections, the other pics have lines that are too perfect.

I am puzzled by the 3rd pic, what are those grids for?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzle

Who knows but you can see it in the construction process if you go to 4/14/2005

How do you do that?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainInstaban

there should be toolbar at the top of the screen theres a yellow pushpin first, then a few other symbols, 1 a video recorder. The one to the right of the video recorder that looks like a clock with an arrow going anti-clock wise from the top...this is the time toggle button. it should bring up a timeline that goes back to 2003 (well it does on mine) if you wiggle it around abit you can see different dates.

Sometimes for some reason it will try to drag it where it wants it, not sure why i havnt figured that out yet!
Good luck!
x

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Its likely the Chinese are building D.U.M.Bs, somewhere else and these are distractions for the eye in the sky so to speak,

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't think it's as big as everyone is thinking. If you zoom out from the odd street looking thing here:

maps.google.com...,93.393145&hl=en&ll=40.458018,93.392587&spn=0.0208,0.040426&sll=40.475028,90.849724&sspn=0.087881,0.161705&vp6& t=h&z=15

and scroll to the left a little, you see a huge blue topped building and that square of lines and stuff is NOT that big after all. :/ I think it's just an odd map thing.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzle

on google.com maps? I don't see anything like that at all :/ I'm using firefox the newest version. Maybe you see this pushpin date changing thing on a different/older browser?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzle

My Google Maps doesn´t even show a toolbar.

But are you talking about the first pic? I find it hard to believe those lines are physically there. Look how straight they are going over peaks and valleys.

It would be very hard to get these lines across height differences to all look this straight from a satellite angle. You can also see the darkest parts of the mountains come through the lines, pretty sure it is a roadmap projected over the area.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join