It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's up for the challenge ?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Try actually reading the replies before responding with something that can be mistaken for drivel.

How do Brits enunciate haughty?

In the south (American south that is) it is sometimes"

'haw- tay'

Does that fit?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:41 AM
link   
what exactly are the OTO? I have a picture/drawing of 2 members carrying some form of Ark in black robes, pentagram on the ark. Those same beings I saw in my dream. (I dreamt them before I saw the picture of course).

Alistar Crowley was something do to with the OTO no?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Lev my bad, it was project pisces, not 7th chakra.

...Proclaiming Jesus as god in a Lodge where there may be people of other religions isn't the right thing to do.
...But just because I believe in Christ does not mean that I would expect him to be proclaimed as a saviour to a Muslim brother or a Buddhist.

Which is what being Christian is all about. But you interperet the Word of God as you will.

Drivel is as drivel does, you take it or leave it. That is what friends do, if you are not willing to take my drivel, walk on!

troylawson

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If you refuse to aknowledge the legitimacy of other faiths (and therefore your fellow man), you're in trouble.

Perhaps Masonry isn't for you. No problem.. As you say, "walk on." No harm done, my friend..

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
oops wrong thread

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Smudge]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by troylawson

...Proclaiming Jesus as god in a Lodge where there may be people of other religions isn't the right thing to do.
...But just because I believe in Christ does not mean that I would expect him to be proclaimed as a saviour to a Muslim brother or a Buddhist.

Which is what being Christian is all about. But you interperet the Word of God as you will.

A bit of a contradiction there.
It's your interpretation of what Christianity is all about.
As you said, I can interpret as I will. And personally I don't see fit to ram Christ down anyone's throat - rather they should choose him for themselves.
But as you've already been told that Freemasonry is not a religion, your statement has no bearing on this topic anyway.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
what exactly are the OTO? I have a picture/drawing of 2 members carrying some form of Ark in black robes, pentagram on the ark. Those same beings I saw in my dream. (I dreamt them before I saw the picture of course).

Alistar Crowley was something do to with the OTO no?

Ordo Templi Orientis is a fraternal and religious organization composed of followers of Thelema, the occult religion instituted by Aleister Crowley, who is regarded as the major Thelemic prophet. In its fraternal form, it is similar to Freemasonry; in fact, the original pre-Crowleyan O.T.O. was founded in an attempt to merge two extinct Masonic Rites: the Oriental Rite of Memphis and Egyptian Rite of Mitzraim. The O.T.O.'s Masonic basis did not last long, and the Order was soon opened to women and non-Masons, as was the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn.

In its religious aspect, the O.T.O. houses the Ecclessia Gnostica Catholica, or Gnostic Catholic Church. Its center celebration is the Gnostic Mass, which was written by Crowley. Anyone may attend the Mass, but only initiates of the O.T.O. qualify for the priesthood, as well as episcopal and diaconate offices in the Church. Females are admitted on an equal level with men, and may become priestesses and bishopresses. The Frater Superior (or Soror Superior, as the case may be) of the O.T.O. is Pope of the Gnostic Catholic Church by virtue of that office.

The Church practices baptismal rites, a Gnostic Eucharist, last rites for the dying, and other sacerdotal functions for Thelemites.

The O.T.O. proper is technically composed of 9 degrees (which include several side degrees), an honorary X�, and a special XI� which focuses on an aspect of the Magickal Formula of the IX�.

The degrees are as follows:

0� Minerval
I� Man and Brother (or Woman and Sister)
II� Magician
III� Master Magician (this degree qualifies the recipient to be a priest or priestess in the Gnostic Catholic Church).
IV� Class A. Perfect Magician and Companion of the Holy Royal Arch of Enoch
IV� Class B. Perfect Initiate, Prince (or Princess) of Jerusalem
Side Degree: Knight (or Dame) of the East and West
V� Class A. Sovereign Prince (or Princess) of the Rose Croix
V� Class B. Member of the Senate of Hermetic Philosophers
VI� Class A. Knight (or Lady) of Qadosh
VI� Class B. Grand Inspector Inquisitor
VI� Class C. Prince (or Princess) of the Royal Secret
VII� Class A. Theoreticus (this degree also qualifies the recipient to be a bishop in the Gnostic Catholic Church).
VII� Class B. Magus of Light
VIII� Class A. Pontiff of the Illuminati
VIII� Class B. Epopt of the Illuminati
IX� Initiate of the Sanctuary of the Gnosis

Fiat Lvx.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by troylawson

Drivel is as drivel does, you take it or leave it. That is what friends do, if you are not willing to take my drivel, walk on!

troylawson

I am sorry you see that as drivel. Do you proclaim the word of god in formation, or while on maneuvers? While in lodge, we are working together to achieve a common goal, that of improving and helping hte society in which we live. If you see not discussing religion as being antithetical to YOUR understanding of Christianity, then by all means, do not join a lodge. MOST masons are Christians, and have no problem with setting aside the proseletyzing for the hours we spend in lodge.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Masonic light, thank you.

I shall go on a hunt and find some info out for myself. The OTO sound very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join