It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Portland Prepares For War

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree entirely. Either this movement should rename itself to Occupy Public Parks and Sidewalks, or they should start actually occupying wallstreet!

The worst thing about this movement is that making such a childish, unenthused, disorganized attempt to "change things" is going to make it far more difficult for a real movement in the future. Nobody takes them seriously, and for good reason. They haven't threatened the status quo in the slightest. So the next time around, when someone tries to start a genuine occupation movement, it will get shrugged aside, and nobody will take them seriously. These so-called 1-percenters are sitting in their penthouse suites and LAUGHING at you.

I'd give anything to wipe those grins off their faces but it's not going to happen like this.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

One cold hard fact. Bank Transfer Day and the Dump BOA sub-movements were spawned by OWS. In the end BOA dropped its $5 debit card fee, and global banks lost an estimated 700,000 accounts. That's a cause and effect in my book, and real change.

Source: online.wsj.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Also, did you know that violent revolutionaries like Bernadine Dorhn were behind the radical anti-war movement, she spoke at Kent State U just before the riots broke out, and the SDS were responsible for that activity, as well as Jerry Rubin's Yuppies They were very leftist. Bernadine Dohrn even now is behind Occupy Chicago. It's SDS all over again, only now with the mega billionaire Soros standing with them with his moneybags.

Bernadine Dorhn and Bill Ayers and the rest of the inner core of The Weathermen had direct ties to the US Intelligence community. The intention was to radicalize the anti-war movement to such an extent that it would no longer be palatable to the average individual and thus burn itself out. This has all been exhaustively documented in several books. One example being 'The Unofficial Biography of Barack H. Obama' by Webster Tarpley.

Where is your proof of these violent revolutionaries having ties to the intelligence community? The FBI had undercover guys in there reporting on their activities, but otherwise they were leftist radicals. Please don't pin the radical SDS on our intelligence community.
Oops, I see you did back up your claim with a reference. I will have to check that out.

edit on 12-11-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will

...1-percenters are sitting in their penthouse suites and LAUGHING at you.

Camping in front of buildings and clashing with the police will not change the system.

The demonstartions during the vietnam war were more animated than the demonstartions of today.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

One cold hard fact. Bank Transfer Day and the Dump BOA sub-movements were spawned by OWS. In the end BOA dropped its $5 debit card fee, and global banks lost an estimated 700,000 accounts. That's a cause and effect in my book, and real change.

Source: online.wsj.com...

And then they opened up a temporary bank account with Wells Fargo to deposit donation money they have collected to be used to bail people out of jail. Isn't that just dandy!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

Good. 0311 here.

0 Dark ugly: Has been pretty heated.

19th hole on me.
edit on 12-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yeah this sucks and I've seen it coming. The cops have been really cool through this whole protest. U can tell they are getting tired too. The mayor has also been really cool about it but there's only so much he can do legally

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

They are represented by the Democrats. Remember, Pelosi and Obama came out in open support? Soros supports them. Soros finances the Democrat activism of MoveOn.org and Media Matters. It's very simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Anyone here who thinks "cleaning out" Washington DC will have any affect is naive. All you'll accomplish is change the face the problem, but the problem will be there regardless. You need to get the source of corruption out of the way first, pulling the power plug so to speak, or you're just running on a treadmill.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Dude.. honestly I feel you. I support OWS. I don't agree with everything about it. There are things I wish they'd do.. or not do. It's impossible for it to be everything to everyone. It's a multiheaded monster.. of great diversity.

They are the ones out there.. whether you agree with them or not.. at least they're putting out an effort. I can't not support that.

But hey.. if you still find yourself disenchanted with the movement because what they are doing doesn't match up with what you want done... and I mean this with all due respect... there is absolutely nothing standing in your way of going and doing the things you want done yourself.

Make sense?

Slainte
edit on 12-11-2011 by Resinveins because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Spot on! IMHO.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OK, verbal warnings are not working. Post bans to follow.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Instead of going into the streets and trying to effect real change with real actions, perhaps these poor misguided young folk should, like the true Amuric'ns do, don their tricorn hats and yell and scream vaguely racist things. Thats the portly, middle-aged upper-middle class American way.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Touche. I'd rather take a beer than the "19th" hole.

Before I sign off for a bit, I'd like to point out that in-principal every hot blooded American should be behind OWS, but the movement itself needs help, and today I officially believe that comes from formal leadership, whether unconventional or not, someone has to take charge of this thing and direct those core concerns to Washington DC and simultaneously continue at Wall Street. Kick out the sub-factions that exist in fairytale land, control the messages and logos used, and severely crack down on those protestors who are inciting violence.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Are we to honestly believe that protesters are creating nail-spike clubs to HIT the police with??? I doubt it.

What's MOST likely (if these rumors are even true) is that protesters are creating SHIELDS and BARRIERS which is a completely reasonable and non-aggressive defensive mechanism against police brutality and unconstitutional invasions of non-violent occupations.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So I guess it is time for my question: Is the building of shields and spiked clubs for fighting the police on equal footing a feint or is the whole plan?

If a feint and the "non-prepared" main group attacks in a pincer style maneuver then you have something.

If this equal footing is the whole plan, then Occupy Portland has already lost and many people will die.

Of course there may be some value to martyrdom, that is if, and a very big if, the result galvanizes the rest of the nation. Otherwise the martyrdom was just a dumb martyr.

We sit less than 12 hours away from how this will start to play out. I have my expectations as to what will happen. Far more groups than just the Occupy_______ people are watching and taking notes. Personally I think that showing the results of this course of action is a huge mistake.

After all, how many knew of the Hutaree before they were raided? And how many groups just like them or worse are out there?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

Fair enough...

I'll agree with most of what you have posted.
I'll reserve opinions about the 'Rocks' for another time

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

I'll repost what Resinveins said in more.... PC terms so that people can read it.

Just because someone endorses a group, it doesn't mean that the group's message is reflected by that person's personal beliefs. Obama has said he endorses OWS, but that does not mean that he speaks for OWS, it just means he agrees with their right to protest and that big banks have wayyyy too much power over both DC and the rest of the world. Something I think everyone would agree on.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join