It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Is Invisible And We Are Not Able To See What Anything Really Looks Like

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Def Youth

You may think the wall is made of atoms, that is if you know the word atom.
But what is an atom? And what is it that experiences the so called wall or atom?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If by invisible you mean: something beyond our current level of understanding

I agree

I would also say, 'look' is a relative term.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
I find it interesting that your very description of the wall fits your eyes as well, yet those atoms are capable of seeing the illusion created by the atoms of the wall. That's what's kNowN as a contradiction, thus, the fallacy in your theory.

The "you" of all of We is the illusion, the rest is Real.

Ribbit

Okay,lets see...The wall is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds...Do we see any of that happening?...No...So we do not see what the wall or anything else really looks like...So we are not able to see what reality is...
edit on 11-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Butt my point was what you are using to see with (aka: eyes) "is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds." So then, how is it We can even see with what is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds?

You can also taste with what "is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds."

You can also walk around on that which "is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds."

You can even think with that which "is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds."

So your point was?

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I find it interesting that your very description of the wall fits your eyes as well, yet those atoms are capable of seeing the illusion created by the atoms of the wall. That's what's kNowN as a contradiction, thus, the fallacy in your theory.

Ribbit

Okay,lets see...The wall is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds...Do we see any of that happening?...No...So we do not see what the wall or anything else really looks like...So we are not able to see what reality is...

Butt my point was what you are using to see with (aka: eyes) "is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds." So then, how is it We can even see with what is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds?

You can also taste with what "is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds."

You can also walk around on that which "is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds."

You can even think with that which "is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds."

So your point was?

Ribbit

I would say the reason is somewhat in the case of the military's Digital Camouflage. A bunch of tiny pixels, just like on your computer screen, that, when far away from the eye, become mushed together by the brain and create one solid blur. Some thing probably happens with atoms; they are so tiny and distant that the brain portrays them as the images we see in the real world. Right or wrong aside, "reality" is a relevant term and if someone believes something to be than that is reality to them. So, just because a wall is made up of all these microscopic things, does not mean that it is not someones reality. It is only not their reality if their minds reject it 100%.
edit on 12-11-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: Typo

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Atoms are resonating at close to the speed of light. Our brains can only comprehend a very slow frame rate so we interpret the matter they make up as solid.

Thats what i'm saying,namaste1001,...We can't see anything the way it really looks.What we see when we look at anything and everything around us,including eachother,is an illusion...

I call the wall a wall and i see it as a wall and so i think of it as being a wall...But whatever it really is...Its not a wall...

edit on 12-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Atoms are resonating at close to the speed of light. Our brains can only comprehend a very slow frame rate so we interpret the matter they make up as solid.

Thats what i'm saying...We can't see anything the way it really looks.What we see when we look at anything and everything around us,including eachother,is an illusion...

I call the wall a wall and i see it as a wall and so i think of it as being a wall...But whatever it really is...Its not a wall...

Again, you must look at relevancy. Words are just a means to an end; they carry no value to them other than symbology. They can describe something and are useful, but most of the time they are pointless.

A police officer has to talk to a group of people who all saw something abnormal.. let's say "an alien" (figure it would be fitting given the forum). He asks 8 people and in the end he gets 8 different descriptions because no two realities are the same.

That being said, you have to take every "definition" of an object with a grain of salt. Everyone has a different opinion of what things look like or what they could describe and/or define something as.

If a man went his whole life believing that something was one way (even if another person believed what he was seeing was an "illusion") and died thinking that, why wouldn't it actually be true for him? Why would that not be his reality? His mind accepts 100% that that thing was what it was, therefore it is his reality.

My reality is not your reality, nor is yours mine. Everyone views the world differently and what is factual in yours may be false in mine.
edit on 12-11-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: Typos! Typos everywhere!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Ribbit

So your point was?

Ribbit

I would say the reason is somewhat in the case of the military's Digital Camouflage. A bunch of tiny pixels, just like on your computer screen, that, when far away from the eye, become mushed together by the brain and create one solid blur. Some thing probably happens with atoms; they are so tiny and distant that the brain portrays them as the images we see in the real world. Right or wrong aside, "reality" is a relevant term and if someone believes something to be than that is reality to them. So, just because a wall is made up of all these microscopic things, does not mean that it is not someones reality. It is only not their reality if their minds reject it 100%.
edit on 12-11-2011 by ErroneousDylan because: Typo

So the atoms in your mind are being fooled by the ones in the wall and even the ones in your legs, arms, eYes, etc. So basically, it's a mirage of atoms and they are all in cahoots together?

Talk about a conspiracy!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

So the atoms in your mind are being fooled by the ones in the wall and even the ones in your legs, arms, eYes, etc. So basically, it's a mirage of atoms and they are all in cahoots together?

Talk about a conspiracy!

Ribbit

Actually, the atoms in the wall have beeng working with the Russians ever since WW1 and are planning a massive attack on the atoms in your mind. Lucky for the mind atoms, they have an alliance with the atoms in your body and are prepared for any sort of invasion!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
My reality is not your reality, nor is yours mine. Everyone views the world differently and what is factual in yours may be false in mine.

ErroneousDylan...If we go into a tire store looking to buy a tire,both of us will see tires everywhere...But what the tires "really look like" we are unable to see and so the fact remains that those tires are not actually tires,we only think they are shaped like tires and the only reason they appear as tires to us is because our brains are interpreting the light that if being reflected off of them in that way,as a tire.Whatever they really look like is beyond the limited preceptive abilities of our five senses...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

ErroneousDylan...If we go into a tire store looking to buy a tire,both of us will see tires everywhere...But what the tires "really look like" we are unable to see and so the fact remains that those tires are not actually tires,we only think they are shaped like tires and the only reason they appear as tires to us is because our brains are interpreting the light that if being reflected off of them in that way,as a tire.Whatever they really look like is beyond the limited preceptive abilities of our five senses...

But what are those five sensory mechanisms made of? Are they kNot made of atoms?

So you are telling us that the atoms We are made of are incapable of ascertaining what other things are that are also made up of the very same atoms We are made of? I understand the pot doesn't kNow it's kNot a kettle but it also doesn't kNow it's a pot, but does that make us a pot?

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I know what claim you are making. Yes, we are all un-enlightened beings who cannot see the universe for what it is - pure energy - but the fact of the matter is, a tire can only look one way to me (at least) because I can only view it in one way at the current state of perception. Therefore, that is what the tire really looks like even if it is capable of being viewed as something more, such as atoms. If you were to look at atoms on a microscope would you not be able to call them "everything" because they have the possibility of being any such object? Or would you call them atoms because that is what they look like in their current state? Again, calling something a "tire" is just using symbology which means nothing and is only relevant to the human mind. However, we view things the way they are because it is useful for us. We live in a dense reality, therefore, we see dense objects. I'm sure if one were to elevate themselves to a higher-density reality then we would see these objects as the raw energy that they are.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

you mean to say that perception of reality differs. Not reality itself. There are laws which govern the universe which can not be perceived as untrue; fire Burns, humans die,earth spins,apples fall to the ground. To perceive these things as not reality, one would most certainly be living in a fantasy world.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We might be living on an atom right now,because the sun,moon and stars might be protons,neutrons and electrons and the earth as well...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what they "really" look like, I buy a tire. It goes on my car like a tire. It goes round and round and gets my car from point A to point B, just like a tire should, It doesn't indulge in any un-tire like behavior. I can accept it as a tire without having to ponder upon some self-indulgent metaphysical limitations.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Reality is invisible to most people because they assume that they know what the world looks like, they have a picture, a map of the world held firmly in their minds eye. We have been taught about circles and squares and straight lines yet in nature there are squiggles and wiggles. Trees, flowers, the ocean all appear to us as squiggles and wiggles. But man likes to straighten everything out, he does this to measure and map the world so as he can get it straight in his mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Reality is invisible to most people because they assume that they know what the world looks like, they have a picture, a map of the world held firmly in their minds eye. We have been taught about circles and squares and straight lines yet in nature there are squiggles and wiggles. Trees, flowers, the ocean all appear to us as squiggles and wiggles. But man likes to straighten everything out, he does this to measure and map the world so as he can get it straight in his mind.
Very well said and very true...

Our brains arrange the information that is flowing in from our five senses and then forms that information into comfortable neural images...But...What we see,is not the way they really look...

Lets say a comet strikes the earth and we see a comet striking the earth because it did...But...On the atomic level,at the quantum level...Whats really going on? What "really happened",when that comet struck the earth? What actually is the unseen force that brought the earth and the comet together...Knowing how everything is invisibly connected...

At the quantum level,what is "really" bringing two people together to join as one and make another living person?
edit on 13-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Truth be known, matter on a quantum scale is still matter.the reality is we see this regardless.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Very well said and very true...

Our brains arrange the information that is flowing in from our five senses and then forms that information into comfortable neural images...But...What we see,is not the way they really look...

Lets say a comet strikes the earth and we see a comet striking the earth because it did...But...On the atomic level,at the quantum level...Whats really going on? What "really happened",when that comet struck the earth? What actually is the unseen force that brought the earth and the comet together...Knowing how everything is invisibly connected...

At the quantum level,what is "really" bringing two people together to join as one and make another living person?

I'd have to disagree about it being well said, considering they are just stating the obvious, but maybe they don't kNow We kNow about Frequencies, which are squiggly and wiggly lines throughout the entire Universe, and anyone that's been on a beach has seen the neat squiggly lines left by the surf waves and . . . .

Have you ever heard of Fractal Math?

I'm sorry but I have a hard time saying the obvious is ever well said, unless a five year old is dew'n the say'n.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus
reply to post by blocula

Truth be known, matter on a quantum scale is still matter.the reality is we see this regardless.

And until I am recycled and become an electron microscope, I will see a tire as a tire and a beautiful gyrl as a beautiful gyrl. The idiots can waste their time seeing only atoms and they will undoubtedly miss the beauty that matter constitutes in the process of being matter.

Ribbit

<< 1    3  4 >>

join