It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Is Invisible And We Are Not Able To See What Anything Really Looks Like

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Everything is an illusion,we dont see anything the way it actually exists,What things really are.We are not able to see what anything really looks like...

Reality is invisible...All is illusion...

For one example,look at a wall painted white.We see a solid structure that is colored white...

When in reality,that wall is not solid at all,it is constructed of billions of atoms,billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around each other at lightning speeds and we see none of that taking place,but it is happening all around us everywhere and that is what the wall really is...

That wall is not solid,it is mostly empty space,but our senses are unable to perceive of that space,what it really looks like,what it actually is.That wall is not really white and we are unable to see whatever color it really is...

To comprehend this we must first understand how vision works...

Photons of light emanating from the sun at 186,000 miles per second are reflected off the surface of the wall and into our Cornea.

Then the light passes through the dilating colored Pupil and into and through the Lens of our eyes.

The Lens refracts the light upon a light sensitive tissue we call the Retina,which receives the visual images.

Then the Macula processes the detailed images that are then collected by our Optic Nerves electrical cables transmitting the visual information into our brains.

Our brains which combine them into a composite neural image.

Our brains interpret the walls color as being white,but it is not really white and our limited vision sense is unable to show us what color it really is.The wall may have no color at all.

Our eyesight,directly connected to our brains,is only able to identify and see the visible wavelength of the electromagnetic spectrum...

Most of the electromagnetic spectrum,most of whatever reality actually might be,is beyond our perception and comprehension...

And when you touch that wall,you only think your touching it,but you are not really coming into contact with it.The electrons of the wall are repelling against the electrons of your hand.Electrons conduct heat and electricity and it is that interaction that your brain perceives as touch...

edit on 11-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So we do not know and are not able to know what anything really looks like...

We dont know what a tree really looks like.

We dont know what a mountain really looks like.

We dont know what water really looks like.

We dont know what clouds really look like.

We dont know what fire really looks like.

We dont know what the sun really looks like.

We dont know what the earth really looks like.

We dont know what outer space really looks like.

We dont know what we really look like.

Everything is an illusion and so even death must not be real...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What is the origin of this illusion

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You seem to have some grasp of it but i feel you are going about enlightenment all wrong!

"Before I had studied Zen for thirty years, I saw mountains as mountains, and waters as waters. When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and waters are not waters. But now that I have got its very substance I am at rest. For it's just that I see mountains again as mountains, and waters once again as waters."

Death is the cause of life. You have nothing to fear.
edit on 11-11-2011 by rudeboyrave because: forgot a word

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I know what you mean blocula, do you feel energy or visual preception of surroundings is seen the same way by non humans or do you feel non humans can fully see energy visual preception of surroundings for what it really is? Or are non humans just as unclear with visual preception of their surroundings as well? Interesting thread as always

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It's not always the best idea to take **** in the morning hours, but if you got the whole day to yourself, have fun with it.

Our bodies are decoding this particular frequency/vibration which produces these "solid" features to it. If we tuned the dial (our brain frequency reception) to another frequency, the solid real world may look like this...

Our bodies are like radios. We are all able to tune into a specific frequency band range with them, cats have different stations they can tune into, birds too, etc, etc. Some folks have the ability to tune into side band stations and may be able to see & hear others existing on those different frequencies.

Not that far fetched a concept.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Our reality works in the same way film does only in opposite.

Atoms are resonating at close to the speed of light. Our brains can only comprehend a very slow frame rate so we interpret the matter they make up as solid.

David Wilcock gets into this a little in this recent talk. Very interesting. I recommend it highly.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rudeboyrave
You seem to have some grasp of it but i feel you are going about enlightenment all wrong!

"Before I had studied Zen for thirty years, I saw mountains as mountains, and waters as waters. When I arrived at a more intimate knowledge, I came to the point where I saw that mountains are not mountains, and waters are not waters. But now that I have got its very substance I am at rest. For it's just that I see mountains again as mountains, and waters once again as waters."

Death is the cause of life. You have nothing to fear.
edit on 11-11-2011 by rudeboyrave because: forgot a word

"We may say a thing is at rest when it has not changed its position between now and then, but there is no 'then' in 'now', so there is no being at rest. Both motion and rest, then, must necessarily occupy time." - Aristotle

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When you walk on a floor, you are not walking on the floor, you are walking on electrons...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The mystics and their transcendental teachings in the middle and far east knew what they were talking about thousands of years ago when they proclaimed that all is illusion and it has taken western thought and science a long time to realize that is the truth...

And like it or not,admit it or not,deny it or not...Everything we see,hear,taste,touch and smell is taking place within our brains and nowhere else..

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Whatever affects our feelings can be considered reality. Inside the Matrix what happens there affects the persons living there so for them it is a reality as true as the one outside.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

It is said that Crazy Horse had the power to dream himself into the real world- and to leave the illusion behind.......

(J.D. Blackfoot. The Song Of Crazy Horse.)

Maybe there's something to that statement after all.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Our brain is responsible for this. There is no such thing as a void. This is impossible; because in a void nothing can exist. So for one atom to exist in a void, this would mean something is in nothing. If a void also existed, there would be no distinction of time, movement or anything we know of.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Our brains interpret incoming light into neural images that make us think we are seeing things the way they really are...But we are not able to perceive reality the way it actually exists...

We are born into living then dying within a Magnificent Illusion...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
reply to post by blocula

Our brain is responsible for this. There is no such thing as a void. This is impossible; because in a void nothing can exist. So for one atom to exist in a void, this would mean something is in nothing. If a void also existed, there would be no distinction of time, movement or anything we know of.
Everything is connected and yet at the same time everything is constructed of mostly empty space that we are unable to see or touch.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Actually the wall is there and IS solid because there is a slight posibility to encounter an empty space when you hit it with your first for example, but, unfortunately that empty space is one atom in size so it will be slightly difficult to punch through.

This is because atoms are asyncronous and the moving parts in them move so fast that it makes it nearly impossible to come across an empty space. I hope you get what i'm saying.

My theory to go through walls goes like this: Vibrating the projectile object at the exact same frequency as the target projectile so that the atoms will be almost the same with differences just in jumber of neutrons, electrons and protons so when the projectile can pass through the target because the density will be the same but the catch is how will you keep information so that the projectile won't get any atoms from the target and vice-versa.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I find it interesting that your very description of the wall fits your eyes as well, yet those atoms are capable of seeing the illusion created by the atoms of the wall. That's what's kNowN as a contradiction, thus, the fallacy in your theory.

The "you" of all of We is the illusion, the rest is Real.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad
I find it interesting that your very description of the wall fits your eyes as well, yet those atoms are capable of seeing the illusion created by the atoms of the wall. That's what's kNowN as a contradiction, thus, the fallacy in your theory.

The "you" of all of We is the illusion, the rest is Real.

Ribbit

Okay,lets see...The wall is made up of billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around eachother at lightning speeds...Do we see any of that happening?...No...So we do not see what the wall or anything else really looks like...So we are not able to see what reality is...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

"When in reality,that wall is not solid at all,it is constructed of billions of atoms,billions of protons,neutrons and electrons all spinning around each other at lightning speeds and we see none of that taking place,but it is happening all around us everywhere and that is what the wall really is..."

How do we know that this is true? Maybe it's ALL an illusion. lol

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Reality is that we do indeed know what "things" look like, as you so wonderfully explained to us.What you failed to theorize however is the fact that we all perceive matter in its natural state,weather its sub atomical or not. That is reality. That which we do not see, is not material.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Theophorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join