It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At a spiritual crossroads...cannot decide between "inner-directed" and "other-directed" paths...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by FailedProphet

We are seeking to find something that will satisfy.
Only one thing will quench your thirst.
Listen to this man, he will tell you what it is and how to realize it:
youtu.be...

This guy will tell you what it is too:

www.youtube.com...

If that doesn't trip your trigger, then maybe this guy's message is more your cup of burnt tea:

www.youtube.com...

Butt if yew are honest about wanting to find the truth, then listen closely to this:

www.youtube.com...

That goes against the grain here, since the banner of denying ignorance only draws in the ignorant to spread the disease even further.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Take the path of least resistance

Follow the lemmings

edit on 11-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAccount
Take the path of least resistance

Follow the lemmings

edit on 11-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

Let me guess, that's yew with the donut around hiz gut?

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kronix

I checked out the website you put in your post and I have to tell you that she has no idea of what's coming re the Tribulation, etc., as she herself says.
I do! If the next pope to emerge supernaturally from the airtight security of the next conclave, appears to be 'Jesus Christ at his second coming', you know he's the Antichrist, because you have been forewarned.
The Almighty Father told me audibly, "The name of My Son is not Jesus".
Just suggesting an alternative, you may like to look into, once you see this happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

Ok, I'm really curious about your title 'Forensic Eschatologist' and Failed Prophet' and I would love to hear more.

In the meantime, if you're looking for a true path, can I suggest that you observe the Sabbath from sundown on Friday evening until sundown on Saturday evening by withdrawing from the world and all worldly things and concentrating on whatever means you can think of, dancing, singing, praying, reading the Bible, thinking, meditating, etc. to worship the Living Creator.

I can't promise how soon our Creator will respond, but I can promise you that He will and in ways you can't even begin to imagine!

Thomas 27 says that unless you observe the Sabbath, you will not see the Kingdom and unless you observe the Sabbath as a Sabbath you will not see the Father.

If you're interested in eschatology and prophecy, these are the things the Living Creator will use you in. In the meantime, for some really interesting stuff that the Creator Father has taught me, you might like to look up these links:
Link to my Helium pages: [nom-de-plume Pearl Nabi]
www.helium.com...

Link to my e-booklet ‘Suckered by Satan’ at Amazon
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320030100&sr=8-1

Link to my Blog Page ‘Pure Prophesy’ [n-d-p Brielle]
nabi1-brielle.blogspot.com...
They're all a bit rough, but you'll get the gist of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
In one corner...the inner road, which assumes that the spiritual lies within. This is the mystical path, usually associated with practices like meditation or discursive prayer, feelings that "all is one," an innefibility beyond words, ego-death, actualization of a "higher self," etc. Examples include: Gnosticism and Christian Mysticism such as quietism, Theresa of Avila, etc.; Islamic Sufism, Theravada, Zen and Vajrayana Buddhism, Classical Taoism, Vedic Hinduism, and so on.

And in the other corner, the all-time heavyweight champeen, what we can call "other-directed" spirituality...the bowing to a higher being...Examples include orthodox and Fundamentalist Chrisitanity, Islam and Judaism, Bahkti devotionalism in Hinduism, Amida worship in Buddhism, and so on.

The two don't seem compatible. Either there is a higher being, and spirituality is about getting in tune with it and devoting outselves to it, or "its all one, man," and spirituality is about experincing some kind of inner bliss or self-actualization.

I see compelling arguments on both sides, but I can't choose. Help me...it's killing me, the choice is enormous...AARRRRGH!!!! Help me decide, ATS!

Loving Bhakti, as a heartfelt expression of the love of God ie: because it's fun and enjoyable IS the grace of God and the experience. Anything else is just selfish, or seeking. Only love expressed, is fun and enjoyable, and all the rest of it is automatic and inevitable, without having to make a big deal about it ie: doing it just right, for "self actualization" don't be ridiculous, that you're even struggling with this, however well articulated, contains it's own absurdity.

LOVE and do as you will ie: be yourself, have fun and experience God in the love of your fellow man as yourself and there it is. We are not meant to just SIT, all alone, for hours, days or years on end, nor lose our own self while gaining the whole world, neither is profitable, but the love of Bhakti bears much fruit, particularly from the perspective of those on the receiving end of your love, right?

Hope that might have helped, but to each his own. Do whatever feels right, but self enlightenment for one's own SELF, while forgetting about everyone else and the world...? It's funny, imho, ridiculous, and absurd. The love of bhakti is natural, and eternal, and it goes all the way from the top, to bottom, and from bottom to top, forever. Who could ask for more, than an opportunity to participate in the generation and re-generation of this unending fountain of the active love and grace of God. "My food is to do the will of the one who sent me."

<< 1   >>

join