It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many countries has Iran liberated in the last 100 years?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Let me start off by saying that your OP leaves a lot to be desired.

At least answer me this: How and why is it relevant that Iran hasn't liberated any countries?

(BTW: I seem to remember Iran trying to liberate Iraq before it was trendy.... Hipsters, pffft....)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Its a discussion topic and this is a discussion board. Thats how it is relevant. If you dont like the topic dont click on it.

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen
Let me start off by saying that your OP leaves a lot to be desired.

At least answer me this: How and why is it relevant that Iran hasn't liberated any countries?

(BTW: I seem to remember Iran trying to liberate Iraq before it was trendy.... Hipsters, pffft....)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

The question was not posited as to the primary and secondary intentions of the liberations but if in fact they were done or not. It would be foolish to say that ANY country would not act in their own best interests when embarking on any conflict. Did America have their own welfare in mind during the liberation of any country? YES, but they acted nonetheless and we have a laundry list of ungrateful countries to show for it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Tad bit sensitive there....

What I'm trying to say is that I have seen more focused points of debate here and that I would like to know in what context it is relevant that Iran has never "liberated" any countries?

So the question is interesting to me, I'm just asking for a little bit of help in understanding why you find it relevant.

(Hope you enjoyed my question™ v2.0 (now with added sugar))

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

I have no problem seeing that the US helped out during and after WW2, and that it was a good thing, but many Americans seem to think you did it alone, and that tends to bug me a bit.
But my country finished paying for that a long time ago, both diplomatical and financial.

And no matter how you twist it, I am sure that if a friend helped you out at some point you wouldn't let him get away with anything fifty years later. At some point the US shifted on to a course that isn't right and as friends of the US it is our duty to tell your government and and bloated banking system that it pretty much sucks.

But don't worry, that doesn't mean we hate Americans

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Actually,
the Germans, or I should say, Zionists, won the war. The U.S. will go down like Germany thanks to the transplanted Nazis because the U.S. has served its purpose. That is, the U.S. has "assets" around the world generating money for the Zionists, and they no longer need the American people. Useless vessels now, just like those Jews that opposed the Zionists in WWII.
The Americans, like the Europeans, are just pawns that think it means something to be European or American. It really doesn't mean anything to our so called rulers because they are neither.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

That would be great if the USA liberated the countries that needed to be liberated and not the countries with oil and other resources

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Liberated = installing a puppet that bows to your every command.
edit on 10-11-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

But first its cities get bombed to smitherines, many civilians get their lives destroyed, and children get their arms and legs blown off. That's what the US calls liberating them.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Just curious-how many countries has Iran liberated in the last 100 years?

Wow that's weak, man.

But to answer your question, probably none. How many have they attacked, also none.

Are you comparing Iran to USA perhaps?

How many have we attacked in the last 100 years? 20? 30? 40? How many people have we murdered? Millions. And how many countries have we 'liberated'? Very few, if any.

The only problem Iran presents is that it's in proximity to Israel and they don't like that. Sad but true.

Khar

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
We may be jaded, but to the world, America is still the land of opportunity.

I beg to differ. Maybe at one point many many moons ago but not any more.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate America or it's people, only it's leaders and policies.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I dont know any Americans who "hate everything the US has ever done", but I think many Americans are acknowledging the fact that the leaders of our country have a proven track record of installing dictators, overthrowing democracies, funding "mad men" and lying Americans into wars (to name a few of their crimes), all under the guise of "doing good".

The list of crimes is so incredibly long, I dont know that any one person could adequately detail every item. From human experimentation on its own citizens via programs like MK ULTRA and the Tuskegee Experiment to dealing drugs via the CIA, to torture, to assassinations to you name it, the US government has done it.

While the majority of Americans are decent people, the government seems to be one of the most evil entities in modern times.

edit on 10-11-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Just one, their own.

See, in 1953, the United States overthrew their democratically elected leader because he wanted to deprive Big Oil of profits by nationalizing their oil industry. It was called Operation Ajax.

The US then installed and supported a brutal dictator, the Shah, who ruled their country for the next 30 years until the people of Iran overthrew the dictatorship.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Iran does not need to "Liberate" any countries of their "OIL" because they have it in ample supply.

But the US Along with it's other global buddies have seemed to be quite happy to liberate other nations of their oil supply.

It's necessary to liberate the crude oil of the world from it's oppression by petro-tyrants
who would keep all that delicious crude for themselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This thread is a test to see how people will support war against Iran.

As an Iranian , let me tell you.

There will be no redcarpet for US army in Iran

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Just curious-how many countries has Iran liberated in the last 100 years?

I know the US isn't perfect, but it still makes me sad to think that there are people HERE in the US who love to hate everything the US has ever done.

Instead of focusing on mistakes, focus on what is so wonderful about America that people are trying to COME here every day. We may be jaded, but to the world, America is still the land of opportunity.

edit on 10-11-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

America is the scum of the earth!
not the people the politics. and what f**king opportunity do you get in america what do as your told or we will lock you up! listening into peoples phone call's frisking people as they board airplanes.
great land of freedom you have there.

over 25 to consume alcohol but 14 to drive a car!

talk about stupid law's.

las vegas you get life for dealing cannabis!
30years for posession!
lovely fundamentally just law system you people love to protect and force your warped sense of democracy on other nations!

iran doesnt have to liberate another country unless expressly asked to by its inhabitants like all sovereign nations should do!
not like you cowboy's going in guns first nameing your own sheriff to reolace the tribal chief!
you cant even learn from history!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello
Had to bite, how many has the US freed?
Vietnam, no. Somalia, no. Afghan, no. Iraq, no. Should I go on?

Yes, please do.

Since you clearly forgot both World Wars, where the US and her allies took part.

So, try again, Ace.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saltarello

Since you clearly forgot both World Wars, where the US and her allies took part.

So, try again, Ace.

last time I checked america came into world war 2 when it was all but over!

leaving europe to clean itself up after it leveled it!

so I can say none!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join