It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many countries has Iran liberated in the last 100 years?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It gave Bahrain a good go. Close but no cigar.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If by "Liberated" you mean bomb the hell out of a sovereign nation, install a puppet regime, install a central bank and steel the resources of said country then nowhere near as many as the US and it's friends.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by NadaCambia

It is obvious that the average site member here has no concept of history prior to 1980. America has liberated more countries than any other country on earth. Study history- it's amazing!!

But it's not liberation is it. It's only liberation because you say it's liberation.

If Russia went around "liberating" nations you'd be singing a different story.

You only believe what America does is liberation because it's America doing it. Anybody else doing the same would be subject to vitriol from patriotic Americans like you. If the Chinese went around "liberating" countries you oppress, you'd be whinging about Communist imperialism

link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

Another post 1980 history buff

In WW2 alone we liberated most of Europe, nevermind prior to that

link   
Wow, logic definitely doesn't seem to befriend as many people as it did before.

The op is a perfect example of how ridiculous it is to start a thread without even thinking properly first.

I hereby nickname this thread "backfire"

edit on 10/11/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/11/11 by Unrivaled1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

It is obvious that the average site member here has no concept of history prior to 1980. America has liberated more countries than any other country on earth. Study history- it's amazing!!

The real question is, of those liberated countries, how many have come back to bite the U.S. in the butt and cause all kinds of very expensive trouble?

link   
LOL-you guys are so defensive and sensitive on this thread. No- i said how many countries have they LIBERATED not HOW MANY OF THEIR CITIZENS HAVE THEY CHOPPED THE HANDS OFF OF!!!!!

edit on 10-11-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

link   
I was thinking about typing something in response to the OP then figured that by the time I hit submit there would already be at least 10 members who have pointed out what I wanted to say.

Git ur done OP!

edit on 10-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Namaste1001

Another post 1980 history buff

In WW2 alone we liberated most of Europe, nevermind prior to that

In WW2 you crushed most of our economies for your own sinister motives.

That's not liberation. You don't hear Britons, Russians or Indians telling how they saved the world in WW2. Nobody here says that without our involvement Americans would be speaking German, even though such a statement would be theoretically quite accurate.

Consider yourself lucky that while you were sat on your arse, European nations were taking up arms against Germany. Because if we allowed the Germans to grow in strength, as you were so happy to, America would have been steam rolled by an occupied world.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Woo hoo!!!

Ramadan is an especially holy time for Muslims - the entire month is taken up by fasting and various festive events. Breaking one's fast during Ramadan days is treated very harshly. In Iran, it cost a 14-year-old boy his life. Iran Press News reports that he had received 85 lashes for breaking the fast and died afterwards:

[T]he young man´s identity has not been disclosed. He was scheduled for burial on Saturday, November 13th (after 3 days at the local morgue), in the cemetery of Beheshteh Mohammadi in Sanandadj. However due to the public´s realization of the events surrounding the boy´s circumstances the cemetery was stormed [in protest] and his burial did not take place.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
tell me, whats the difference between liberation, and forcing views upon someone? it seems to me all the USA does is swap out dictators for the next.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
By "liberated," you mean kill the leader of a country and leave their country in a state of near civil war, right?
It's sort of like how our "no fly zones" mean we are going to fly above you and drop bombs all over your country.

Iran stays out of other countries business. They don't stick their nose where it doesn't belong.

This thread is a fail.
or maybe you have a good point?
It's high time for Iran to liberate Israel.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Carry on kidsyou're rolling!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltarello

France, China, Japan, Germany, Italy, Spain....should i go on

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
All of this hatred of America makes me sick. Literally.

I'm done here.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

edit on 10-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
All of this hatred of America makes me sick. Literally.

I'm done here.

Stop interfering in other peoples business and there would be no hatred. Notice there isn't a sizeable number of people in the world who hate Finland, because there isn't much of a reason too

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by overseer1136
reply to post by Saltarello

France, China, Japan, Germany, Italy, Spain....should i go on

Please continue...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Good question. When you get the answer, please also let me know (for the same time period) how many civilians they've killed around the world, how many other nations they've attacked, what their crime rates are, what their per-capita incarceration rate is, and if they have ever dropped nuclear weapons on civilian populations.

Then please explain to me what this question has to do with anything, or if past actions excuse past or present sins in any case.

Don't get me wrong, the US has done good things throughout history and was founded on great ideals, but we have strayed FAR from our roots, our social record has moved far from excellent, and evil is still evil. I'm sure Charles Manson and Ted Bundy probably helped a few people throughout their lives - but how does that figure in to the larger picture?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A better question is why would it be Iran's responsibility to liberate anyone?

If any nation wants to be recognized as sovereign it must be able to stand on its own feet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join