It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Those that are against abortion

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
almostaborted.com...
www.teenbreaks.com...
etc.

You might want to take the time to introduce yourself to people who were almost aborted. Please find out first hand how they think and feel about abortion. It's better to make it a personal investigation, rather than an abstract moral judgment. Sometimes the cold decision of death is very easy if it is not your death. When you begin losing respect for the lives of others, you will begin losing respect for your own.

OP wrote: Are you also against the woman having an abortion if she gets raped by a family member/complete stranger?

Let's take an example of loss of life. If I bombed an orphanage to save a rebel leader, would my choice be justified in killing the orphans because I wanted to save the rebel leader? Why is this any different than abortion? Someone made the mistake of creating an unwanted pregnancy. Why should there be collateral damage to the fetus? The fetus/baby is an innocent bystander in the decision.
edit on 11/10/2011 by Jim Scott because: analogy

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Well that is a very sad viewpoint to have.

I really see no reason to continue discussing a topic with someone who is willing to place more value on humans as they see fit.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Murdering an innocent can never be justified...even if your government says it's "legal"

That is hilarious, as our government kills innocent people almost every day in wars, and our businesses kill people by selling weapons, polluting, bankrupting people, and unaffordable corporate health care. Conservatives love killing people and animals for money, power, arrogance and even just on whims, but then they try to claim how they are all for the "culture of life". It is a lie, pro-lifers are liars.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

OK, and I think its pointless to discuss the topic with someone who claims all human life is equal, yet wont protest against hospitals killing / not treating braindead human life.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If it was up to me and I was the Dictator of the World, I'd create a law where all children who are about to go through puberty would have some kind of temporary, harmless birth control system implanted in them. Then, when they decide they're old enough to procreate, they'd be required to take a class, and prove they're in a good enough financial situation to support a child. Then the device would be removed.

We have the technology to do it. But I would be called a variety of Hitlers for that.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I agree 100 %.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

OK, and I think its pointless to discuss the topic with someone who claims all human life is equal, yet wont protest against hospitals killing / not treating braindead human life.

Who said I don't disagree with hospitals not treating "braindead" people???

That isn't what this thread is about though...so you won't really see me talking about it in this thread.

Why to assume there buddy.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

Murdering an innocent can never be justified...even if your government says it's "legal"

That is hilarious, as our government kills innocent people almost every day in wars, and our businesses kill people by selling weapons, polluting, bankrupting people, and unaffordable corporate health care. Conservatives love killing people and animals for money, power, arrogance and even just on whims, but then they try to claim how they are all for the "culture of life". It is a lie, pro-lifers are liars.

And?

Do I say that is ok for our government to do?

And I love that you ASSUME that I am a Conservative

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

OK, sorry for assuming wrongly.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

someone who claims all human life is equal, yet wont protest against hospitals killing / not treating braindead human life

If their brain is dead then they're not a person. I could take a dead body out of a cemetary and pump blood and air through it, that wouldn't make it alive would it?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

First it takes attraction,then love and then love making which WILL bring about a third being(its the whole point of being attracted to the opposite sex and having sexual urges).
The whole point of attraction and reproduction is to pass on your genes,so could you please tell me why there would be a point of a male and female being together without having children?

Sexual urges are only there to have children and love is only there for the male and female to stay together to bring the child up with the balance between the sexes so they can know their role.
edit on 10/11/11 by Viking9019 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Not to mention, there is no separation between Church and State in most European countries.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The whole point of attraction and reproduction is to pass on your genes,so could you please tell me why there would be a point of a male and female being together without having children?

You want to outlaw people dating/marrying unless they make babies???

Seriously, almost nothing we do anymore is as nature intended, so why single this out? You should spend your time digging up roots and hunting animals if you want to live the way people originally did.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

that's not exactly true, medical science says that sex on a regular basis is good for your health. the truth humans have sex for pleasure as well as procreation. We wouldn't last as a species if it wasn't something pleasurable!!

www.webmd.com...

10 benifits of sex

1 relieves stress
2 boosts immunity
3 burns calories
4 improves heart health
5 boosts self esteem
6 improves intimacy
7reduces pain
8 reduce prostate cancer risk
9 strengthens pelvicx floor muscles
10 helps you sleep better

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I am not religious. Very agnostic, in fact. Think the bible was written and edited by people trying to control other people.
I am against abortion because I am against murdering innocent human beings. Period.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
i suggest that it be mandatory for anyone who claims to be anti-abortion that they must adopt a child.

If you're not willing to adopt a child then shut the hell up and mind your own business.

Because of abortion and society's acceptance of single parenting in the United States, couples that want to adopt cannot because so few babies are placed for adoption. It has been that way for years. Most people I know who are adopting are getting children (not babies) from orphanages in foreign countries.

It is a human life from the moment of conception. If people don't speak for the unborn who will?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I really doubt this would even be an issue if men had the babies.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by luciddream

Yes...but if they do that...they are using philosophical arguments...not scientific arguments.

And if they do that, they are hypcrites because they outright reject a religous argument...which is just another form of philosophy.

If they do that...they reduce most of the arguments to philosophy vs philosophy...which is like two people arguing over what color is the best.

I'll stay scientific...and if they "choose" to ignore science and move to philosophy...then that just tells me they have a desperate need to justify their beliefs...because I think deep down they know abortion is murdering babies...and any sane(?) person would have the desperate need to justify their support of that.

I agree, and I like the science exam example! A life starts at conceptipon, not when brain waves are formed.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Are you also against the woman having an abortion if she gets raped by a family member/complete stranger?

Yup.

Abortion is a sore topic for most, but I for one believe that it's wrong, there's other ways that child can be raised (the woman could choose to raise it, give it up for adoption, etc) Why must it die? sure you can argue that it's not alive or a baby in the early stages, but it's still a life-form that will develop into a baby..

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

Definations:-

Embryo..... the pre fetus product of conception from implantation through to the eighth

week of development.

Fetus..........a blob of cells which as it differentiates, forms a parasitic relationship with a

host body

Parasite.......[from medical dictionary] An organism that lives in, and takes it's nourishment

from another. A parasite cannot live independently.

So an embryo/fetus is unable to survive without a host so cannot be considered a viable life

till such time that it is developed enough to survive on it's own.

I know women who have had terminations and i can assure you that NOT ONE of them took

the dicision to do so lightly, and contarary to popular belief not one of them is any sort of

'monster'. Infact i would go so far as to say many an anti abortionist's mother will have had

a termination, but they will never know. Women who terminate are ordinary women [ the

woman at the checkout, your neighbour, your childs teacher, the librarian etc.] and they only do

so after a lot of 'soulsearching' and are usually at a very low place in their lives at the time

they make that choice.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join