Those that are against abortion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

I agree with you, didn't they discuss whether they wanted to have kids before they married? sounds like it should have been pretty obvious early on from the way he describes her. He broke the windshield and beat the crap out of that guy.

Did he handle other situations like that? is that how he raised his son???? the pro lifers think that post was so wonderful, he kept his son from being aborted, what about the rest of the post, it is appalling

A few have said in general "why doesn't the woman stop spreading her legs...yeah it's all the womans fault right...how about why can't the guys keep it in their pants or use a condom???

one of our most powerful instincts is to procreate....there will always be unwanted pregnancies...no birht control is 100% and abstinacy does not work.

if abortions had beeen banned how many more millions of children would be in the foster care system,, how much worse would unemployment be right now....how many more starving and homeless people would there be??

edit on 10-11-2011 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RedParrotHead

For me, life begins when the woman can tell she is pregnant. At that point it is a human being with all the rights that any other human has. Chief among those is the right to live.

I didn't decide to have another kid. I didn't decide to have the first one. I was told years later that the first one was "So I would never leave her" and the other was a ploy to force me to join the army. Once it became apparent that nothing on Earth could force me to join the military she wanted our child dead.

No I am not a hero. I did what was right at the time. I am proud that I did not take the easy way out. I could have easily did what most men do and leave the kids with her cheating butt and move on free and able to start over. Instead I cared for my kids, did not date until they were old enough to handle it, and took care of business. I apologize if I come off as self righteous. I merely have zero compassion for those who kill their babies or shirk their duties as parents. I see them as scum and below me.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Lol you know pro-choicers are desperate when they use cop out like rape and incest, there are some abortion that are acceptable, and i believe rape/incest abortion is really really low % compared to the convenience "OOPS' Forgot Pills/condoms" "Ah was soo drunk, don't know WTF happened" .. that's your retarded fault, you created it, now you face the consequences.

With abortions laws legal people don't care about the consequences " Hey, we can always get abortion".

Whats with the religion bullcrap? only religious people care about life? some of your mind is too twisted to care about another life.

You can go spills your seeds and eggs wherever you want, but once they meet up and cells starts dividing, its no longer you choice that's how nature intended. I believe they should Take responsibility instead of running away, you know that no matter what that abortion you did will always bee on your mind, and how that kid would have turned out, maybe better than the one you have now.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I see there is a lack of scientific facts in this thread as well.

Where does life begin...well, let's ask biology.

www.britannica.com...

the life cycle also encompasses a single generation: the individual animal begins with the fusion of male and female sex cells (gametes);

www.biology-online.org...

Life cycle entails the course of development of an organism, i.e. from the time of inception to growth to finally maturity when an organism can viably produce another of its kind.

www.biologyreference.com...

The human life cycle begins at fertilization, when an egg cell inside a woman and a sperm cell from a man fuse to form a one-celled zygote .

www.sciencedaily.com...

Fertilisation, also spelt fertilization (also known as conception, fecundation and syngamy), is fusion of gametes to form a new organism of the same species.

It's quite simple...human life starts at the same point that all animal life begins...at conception. Go ahead and take a biology course, and on the final exam when it asks "When does animal life begin"...go ahead and answer "When brain waves are present" and see how well you do on that question.

Otherwise, these people who want to define human life as beginning at a certain point are just arbitrarily picking one single point in human development to say that life is "human". So who is right...does a heart beat make you human? Brain function? Nervous system? Lung development? Leaving the womb? Walking? Talking? Sexual reproduction maturity?

I'm sure someone could attempt an argument at all of those...because they are all equal...they are all just points in human development...nothing more. Having brain function isn't anymore special than having a heart beat...they are both points in human development. So is sexual maturity where you are able to reproduce..."maturity"...this is when you are actually a fully developed "human". Just another point in the life cycle of the human being.

There is only one logical choice where you don't have to fall back on a philosophical argument. And that is the very beginning of the human life cycle....conception.

Anything else is justification for a belief...the ignoring of scientific facts to justify your own personal belief.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by overratedpatriotism

Maybe because an atheist doesn't fear a vengeful god that may or may not exist and a punishment that may or may not happen in an afterlife that may or may not be there.

Here's food for thought. How is girl A getting an abortion directly affect you?

It affects me the same way the Casey Anthony trial affected me and the same way the wars abroad do but I suppose in your eyes you could argue she was just doing a post birth abortion because it does not affect you.

It has nothing to do with a "vengeful god" and everything to do with apathy. Every life should have a chance to experience love, hate, pleasure, pain, but because of one selfish act that one spark of life, even if it is not sentient at the moment of the abortion, gets permanently snuffed out for all eternity. The collections and combinations of neurons that would have made that unique individual is gone forever.

I remember when partial birth abortions were still allowed here. If the doctors hand slipped, the difference of a few inches was the difference between murdering a baby and an abortion of a fetus. People still had the same arguments back then.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Sadly Pro-Choice would never stay on topic and would bring in the following as a diversion:

Animals we eat
Zygote/fetus are just like bacteria
No feelings
No thoughts/conscience
Claim Fetus are not humans

Its sad really.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes...but if they do that...they are using philosophical arguments...not scientific arguments.

And if they do that, they are hypcrites because they outright reject a religous argument...which is just another form of philosophy.

If they do that...they reduce most of the arguments to philosophy vs philosophy...which is like two people arguing over what color is the best.

I'll stay scientific...and if they "choose" to ignore science and move to philosophy...then that just tells me they have a desperate need to justify their beliefs...because I think deep down they know abortion is murdering babies...and any sane(?) person would have the desperate need to justify their support of that.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
even if abortion was banned, it would still happen, we would return to the days when women had to go to back alley butchers for illegal abortions....do we really want to return to those times?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by research100
even if abortion was banned, it would still happen, we would return to the days when women had to go to back alley butchers for illegal abortions....do we really want to return to those times?

Murder is illegal...and it still happens.

Making something illegal doesn't mean you will be able to stop it...it means that society wants to punish anyone who would commit such a heinous crime...because as a society we would say we don't want those type of people as our neighbor.

According to your logic...we should legalize murder so it can be done in a legal and cleaner way...instead of the brutal ways it is commited now.
edit on 10-11-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
what you just said about my logic ...is illogical...one does not follow the other...one does not equal the other

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

13And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

14And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

If pregnancy is "The Curse" then abortion is the cure. Women have the right to fight, yea, rail against nature. We have the right to use scientific breakthroughs in order to gain control over our "God given" free will.

As a women who is past childbearing age, I can let a sigh of relief out. Childbearing is a life threatening thing, and it can happen once a month. Contraception can be a messy very non-romantic ritual that men ofter try to coerce their women to avoid. "I don't like that spermacide, it burns, poor me. I don't like condoms, I can't feel anything." I know because my husband used all these guilt trips on me.

The pill and the IUD are proven to increase cancer risk. Not the best thing for women. In reality there is no easy birth control, accidents will happen. Rape and incest will happen. The emnity between satan's seed and women's should not be tolerated, let alone celebrated!

We can rise above this curse!

17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Ok, so man's curse is hard work and sweaty bread, that his wife will bake. Oh yeah, and death.

So man overcomes this curse by inventing cars, trains, tractors, minimum wage. He builds homes with airconditioning, refridgeration and golf courses, all in defiance of God's curse.

Matthew 8
21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.

Why don't these religious right zealots follow the word of Jesus and take care of the living and stop worring about the dead, those who were never wanted and were never meant to be.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

There is only one logical choice where you don't have to fall back on a philosophical argument. And that is the very beginning of the human life cycle....conception.

Nope, you still have to philosophophically justify why conception should be the important point, just like with any other.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

You cant say something has value without using philosophy. Saying humans have value from conception is not more scientific than saying they have value from the moment of appearance of brain waves, birth or when they reach 18 years.

Abortion is a question of philosophy, not science. Noone is disputing life of distinct human body begins at conception. We are disputing its value.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Nope, you still have to philosophophically justify why conception should be the important point, just like with any other.

No, no I don't...it is the beginning of the biological life cycle...period.

It is YOU that has to make a philosophical argument to move that point to some other arbitrary point.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am against abortion when two adults both agree to have sex,unprotected sex at that,and then decide to abort the natural outcome.I've never understood why people go through with the natural process for reproduction and when the woman gets pregnant,then thinks she has the right to abort it even though sex is nothing more then reproduction.I guess its down to the dumbing down of society and the fact that sex,sadly,is nothing more then a form of entertainment which is why we have so many unwanted children and STI's and the only argument i hear about why its ok to abort a baby is because ''its the woman's choice''....but she made her choice by having sex(the reproductive process).

The only times i can agree with with abortion are:
1.If its through rape and the obviously the poor thing will be unwanted and unloved if it were to be born and not to mention the effect it would have on the child if it found out how it came about.
2.If the woman's life is in danger.
3.If its mixed race due to the genetic and health problems.
4.If its through incest which is morally wrong and once again,the genetic and health problems.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

You cant say something has value without using philosophy. Saying humans have value from conception is not more scientific than saying they have value from the moment of appearance of brain waves, birth or when they reach 18 years.

Abortion is a question of philosophy, not science. Noone is disputing life of distinct human body begins at conception. We are disputing its value.

No one is disputing the value of human life...Murder is already illegal.

If you agree that human life begins at conception and you agree that murder is illegal...then I don't see what is left of your argument. You have just conceded anything that allows you to continue to this debate.

You have reduced your argument to that some humans should be valued more than others...good luck with that.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MathiasAndrew
i suggest that it be mandatory for anyone who claims to be anti-abortion that they must adopt a child.

If you're not willing to adopt a child then shut the hell up and mind your own business.

EXACTLY!!! All those people who yell so loudly and harrass poor women who are doing what they feel is best.
All "prolifers" who feel it's there call whether someone else should or shouldn't have a baby, should be made to support the mother during her pregnancy, then either support the child or adopt it. If your not willing to take in that child that your sooooo concerned about then put down your sign and move along

put up or shut up....

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

What is sex all about for you? Is it all about reproduction? Because for me it is about love, acceptance, a physical bond, a deep expression of desire and devotion. A spiritual conjuction of 2 souls, not looking for 3.

I don't want a baby, I want a lover.

As I stated before, contraception isn't always what it's cracked up to be, accidents happen. A woman shouldn't be victim to her body because she longs for a physical unity. Men bear little or no risk when engaging in sexual intercourse, and monogamy is rarely demonstrated in pre-marital sex.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Definition of murder:

Murder is unlawful killing of a human person.

No biological human life there.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You have reduced your argument to that some humans should be valued more than others...good luck with that.

Yes, I think humans with mind should be valued more than humans with no mind (braindead). Where is the problem? We already practove this rule in hospitals.

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join