It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN has attacked no one in 100 yrs? How many countries has USA?? =L

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No I nver bought it up, simply to clarify a point for another poster...

edit on 10-11-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

You may not like the facts. That is you opinion but the Lancet Survey is science not opinion/ That is why it was published in two peer reviewed papers..

I didn't say it was opinion. I said it was based on incomplete data which the wiki page you keep posting indicates(as does Slayer in this post).

You keep posting the part where it says it's the oldest blah, blah, blah....It doesn't say it is 100% correct in every study ever conducted by them does it?

And you're STILL ignoring sectarian violence.
edit on 10-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by SLAYER69

Say what you wish,but it is of service. It is the ONLY peer reviewed papers i am aware of on the subject. Therefore pertaining to a higher level of accuracy than the other political sponsored reports..

I hear you so....

purplemer ignores historical context and contributing factors when posting US military history AND when confronted with links and resources that proves that the data purplemer has used is flawed to simply ignore that as well.

OK, Everything is crystal clear...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Intrud3r

What does "alright" have anything to do with it? War is not alright. And unless you plan to exterminate your enemy with extreme force, and have a means to stop them from doing the same, you should not be getting involved in a war.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

This entire thread people have ignored VARIOUS instances of Iranian aggression, historical context, and entire swaths of data just to suit their world view.

It's truly uninspiring. The fact that people WANT to get away with being accusatory without context sure says a lot.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Well even the flawed Lancet report has some rather interesting data from the source provided....

The second survey published on 11 October 2006, estimated 654,965 excess deaths related to the war, or 2.5% of the population, through the end of June 2006. The new study applied similar methods and involved surveys between May 20 and July 10, 2006. More households were surveyed, allowing for a 95% confidence interval of 392,979 to 942,636 excess Iraqi deaths. 601,027 deaths (range of 426,369 to 793,663 using a 95% confidence interval) were due to violence. 31% (186,318) of those were attributed to the Coalition, 24% (144,246) to others, and 46% (276,472) unknown. The causes of violent deaths were gunshot (56% or 336,575), car bomb (13% or 78,133), other explosion/ordnance (14%), air strike (13% or 78,133), accident (2% or 12,020), and unknown (2%). SOURCE

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Indeed. I saw that in the wiki page he posted.

I guess he didn't bother to read his own sources.:shk:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
If the US could just have learned the lesson of Korea then...
we would have never fought in Vietnam.

If the US could just have learned the lesson of Vietnam then...
we would have never fought in Iraq.

If the US could just have learned the lesson of Iraq then...
morons suggesting we fight in Iran would be sent to the insane asylum.

If you think that the death of a single soldier in Korea, Vietnam or Iraq acheived anything then we understand why you might be deluded by the weak but plentiful propaganda about Iran.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yawn with these last few pages the propaganda is thick Show me where the US stones and Beheads their people and require that they have 5 witnessness to prove rape oh and then where a parent has the right to kill their child if they date a non muslim.

Attack no one they say Chant the usa is the devil and list so called "facts" when a UN support and some flat out asked for intervention.

But hey pay no never mind to that feel free to hate on America all you want but the flip side of that i can sit here and do my Ahmadinejad impression.

Propagandists!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BRAVO949

If you think that the death of a single soldier in Korea, Vietnam or Iraq acheived anything then we understand why you might be deluded by the weak but plentiful propaganda about Iran.

What propaganda?

That they hang people for being Gay?

I suggest you visit Iran. 50/50 chance you dont come back,depending on your passport of origin.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

No offense but the Iraq war is over. We are pulling out. It's done. We would have been finished and gone years ago if it hadn't been for Iran and later Saudi Arabia stirring the sectarian pot of hate between the Sunni and Shiites.

The Taliban cannot remove us from Afghanistan.

Neither are Vietnam.

edit on 10-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah just ask those 3 hikers what they did and think?

or ask those British nationals who were "Arrested" for going to close to their "Terroritorial" waters.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Iran uses its proxies Hezbullah and Hamas to do it's fighting for it. Iran continues to supply insurgent forces in Iraq and Afghanistan. They're just too big of cowards to fight.

I'mplying Iran is "peaceful" is so woefully ignorant it's laughable.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I hear you so.... purplemer ignores historical context and contributing factors when posting US military history AND when confronted with links and resources that proves that the data purplemer has used is flawed to simply ignore that as well. OK, Everything is crystal clear...

I hear you too.. Slayer for some reason who is normaly astute in this thread seems to have misread the thread title... Slayer the title of the thread is not:
IRAN has attacked no one in 100 yrs? How many countries has the US bombed into the stone age what excuses has USA to do this.??

It is simply..

IRAN has attacked no one in 100 yrs? How many countries has USA

and the answer is.. yes wait for it...

how many countires the USA has bombed in the time frame..

China 1945-46
Korea 1950-53
China 1950-53
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-60
Guatemala 1960
Belgian Congo 1964
Guatemala 1964
Dominican Republic 1965-66
Peru 1965
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Lebanon 1982-84
Grenada 1983-84
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1981-92
Nicaragua 1981-90
Iran 1987-88
Libya 1989
Panama 1989-90
Iraq 1991
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1992-94
Bosnia 1995
Iran 1998
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia - Serbia 1999
Afghanistan 2001
Libya 2011

and Iran...0

It is so simple.. and please dont start including goverment intererence or else I will add all the CIA ops to that list too...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ignant the OP doesn't care about the answers.

He just likes the reply numbers.

It is apparent Ignant doesn't read the replies.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

and Iran...0

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I didn't say it was opinion. I said it was based on incomplete data which the wiki page you keep posting indicates(as does Slayer in this post).

Easy to be critical my little cupcake. The report was critical of itself.. But I DARE YOU to give me a higher caliber paper on the subject...

Dice hairs all you want but the fact remains 600k Iraqis dead in our name... and you are trying to defending it...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

Thanks for bringing that aspect up because it really needs to be addressed here on this thread.

Anybody who has read Iranian related threads will remember all those members here who praise Iran for being able to wage [Asymmetrical warfare] as a warning against invasion by the US or Israel. But they never mention where exactly are they are gaining that praise worthy experience at such warfare?

Anybody care to answer that?

Anybody?

Hmm...?

Anybody at all?

Bueller?

Bueller?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Oh, you are right.

In the US we just drag people behind a pick-up truck if they are gay.

Or wait a minute. Is that for being Black?

No, no, we smother Mexicans to death in freight trucks and mom's drown kids in cars by driving them into lakes because we have nutball religious freaks screaming about Gog and Magog.

We don't have any political prisoners in the US either. The whole world needs to know that we are the only nation that has not even one political prisoner.

That is something to be proud of considering we have 25% of the entire world's prison population.

We can not say we do not have publicly funded health care when every tenth person is in jail, in the military or disabled from a stupid ass war that no one can tell you why we fought it in the first place.

Furthermore - what is worse Iran saying they don't have gays or Penn State saying they don't have gay rapists in every shower room?

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by BRAVO949

What propaganda?

That they hang people for being Gay?

I suggest you visit Iran. 50/50 chance you dont come back,depending on your passport of origin.

edit on 10-11-2011 by BRAVO949 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Ignant the OP doesn't care about the answers.

He just likes the reply numbers.

That's OK at least hes not spamming the thread by posting the same crap over and over again expecting a different result like some people

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join