It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government raids organic farm/picnic. Organizers forced to pour bleach on "unsafe" food.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
hah do you know why food and drug admin must approve any beef products you eat? Because if they didn't you would all be dead, Ecoli.

Dont wanna worry about Ecoli?

Eat grass fed beef.

GMO Crops are safe, pesticide isn't. Final answer from an actual expert..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I especially enjoyed how they claim that it being on private property makes some kind of difference in its legality.

Uhm… News flash!
All private businesses are on private property. That McDonalds down the street is also on private property, but that doesn’t mean they can sell food that came out of their dumpster. Just shows how legally savvy these folks are.

Look…
If you want to eat fresh food, grow it yourself, and you and your family consume it yourselves. No one will stop you from doing this. It’s when you start trying to find ways around the law, and distribute it to others, that you end up in trouble.

If the police and the FDA show up because you ate things that came from your own personal farm/garden, that you made no attempt to resell, then come crying to the web about it, and you might have a leg to stand on.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

To be fair, most of the food you find in a dumpster is probably healthier for you than anything on the McDonalds menu.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by gladtobehere

Nobody is starving in America and they don't seem to anxious to mention they are selling the food. I think that a bit of propaganda is going on here.

I imagine they tried to save some money and make a larger profit from the event and got caught. The back story is never the same as what we see in the videos.

Because of Brucellosis being spread to cattle from Buffalo in Western States there is a very good reason meat is inspected before it travels between states and with produce it's the insects they are concerned over. An outbreak can wipe out all the local farmers and ranchers. Not to mention it can be spread to Humans.

People need to tell the truth about this stuff instead of spreading the propaganda. When people find out the truth, it turns them against you for a reason. Like the Dairy's who are selling their milk and then lying about selling it. You want to bring people to your cause it's important to be honest.

I'd imagine a local rancher or farmer turned them in. Probably ran around bragging how they brought the meat in without the inspection. Organic has nothing to do with this. You can sell all of that you want as long as its inspected and safe. Be honest folks.

You make a good point, but why does it have to be so hard and costly to comply with inspections?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wow.. I wonder how long it will be until the untainted wild game I fill my freezer with every year will be deemed less safe than GMO Beef....

Only a matter of time IMO.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Good reply.

How many of these inspectors were there? I would have told them to F off and continued eating. By the time backup had arrived, everyone would have a belly full. Then they could make their arguments in court rather than wasting all that perfectly good food. Demand a jury trial and find a lawyer that would represent pro bono. If no one got sick, that's a nice arguing point right there.

Seriously, when are we going to take our country back from these morons?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

And free range eggs are dosed with formaldehyde and organic milk is pasteurized....
I live in an aera where people still eat Tartar beafsteak and chew on raw bacon fat and it makes me wince...
If you can kill bacteria then do it. Our ancestors had remarkably short life expectancies.
And tapeworm.

Do you think that hunters bleach deer/moose/bear meat between shooting and eating? No, they use common sense during their processing of the meat, not modern chemical application.

And our ancestors had shorter life expectances because they actually strained their bodies from real work and day to day survival. And influenza was able to wipe out vast populations without basic vaccines like penecillian.

It wasn't because we didn't bleach our food. If you like bleached food so much then eat it yourself and please take your laws and globalization/corporatization of agriculture with you. I'd much rather eat local beef, grain and dairy products than processed food from God knows where.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hmm i guess they were breaking the law? Kinda sux tho....
edit on 9-11-2011 by Dracolich because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

No problems!

There's nothing wrong with convenience, we need it to keep up with the fast paced world of today. The healthiest people I know are those that have balance and moderation. Processed foods are absolutely fine in moderation, and you are more likely to stick to healthier eating if you slowly convert over time.

The most important thing in my opinion is just being aware of what you are putting in your body. It is extremely hard to maintain a strictly healthy diet, and for most unfeasible, but just making sure that you primarily eat whole foods, and avoid processed as much as possible will do your body good in the long run.

Good health to all!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Does anybody need more proof that we are living in a fascist state? or Do we need to have concentration camps where people are baked to death in ovens and gassed to death by the masses?

I just find it even more unreal the kind of BS that big government is pulling every single day, I'll tell you though if government keeps pushing, we are eventually going to push back hard and those leaders, kings, queens, barons at the top of the food chain will end up dead.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

"I loved that cow, but I killed it and ate it. I love my country, but........."

Priceless dude.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

sorry, but really out of context here. Most positions here from what I have seen are supporting growing your own food. Cantaloupe getting Listeria is as a result of poor personal hygiene by the field workers harvesting and transferring from their body to the food. I was a food industry consultant on safety and hygiene for a few years. What would really blow your mind is shining the UV lighting on fruit to show handprints from harvesters and seeing the bacteria from them transferred.

Anyways, back to the point, as a species we have the right to grow our own food without governmental intervention. If my neighbor wants to share my table he or she should also have that right.

What we are really talking about is keeping the population dumbed down. I always cringe at the excuse that the government needs to do anything to protect the poor uneducated helpless LCD (lowest common denominator). We need to make people personally responsible for their lives again. We need to allow people the right to choose. I am willing to help at any time, but I want to help people become self-sufficient, not help them by condoning a bureaucracy to govern them falsely.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Private picnic on a farm on private land?

the law has no jurisdiction here, they shouldn't have let them in, they have NO business meddling in private affairs.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blamethegreys
While I understand your points, and concede they are valid, this last line spooked me. So we shouldn't buck the system when the system is broken?

My point is to pick your battles, and this battle is a lost cause because it’s based on a small group of people trying to generate sympathy over something that is illegal for a legitimate reason. Fight battles that are about true injustices to your hearts content.

When you buy stuff from folks under these conditions, you are going on their word that they are selling what they are advertising. Even they themselves might not know the original source of the product that they are selling, and might be going on someone else’s word. Considering that most people out there are a lot more interested in making a fast buck, then actually providing a good service, I am thankful there are laws to keep what they do in check.

Lets say, just for an example, that a cattle rancher has a herd, and realizes that they have caught some disease. He has a LOT of money invested in those cattle, and their upkeep, up to that point. He plans on making that money back by selling them on the market, but he realizes that the experts there will realize immediately that his cattle are sick and have them destroyed. That may very well put this rancher out of business.

Now, without the FDA’s regulation of his products, what’s to stop him from butchering those diseased cattle, and selling the meat to someone with plans to distribute that meat, out of state, as being organic? Then the distributor in turn sells it to you, while not really knowing the facts about the condition of that meat? Without the FDA involvement, you’re taking the seller at his face value, well, what if his intentions are less then honorable?

Originally posted by bumpufirst
all that sounds fine and dandy from one perspective and bulls crap from another.the small guy?hes the one always getting the crap beat out with these great laws you mention and kept at bay as you say,the big corps at bay?

Actually most of these laws were put in place to keep the big corps under control. They were the ones that ruined it for everyone with their fallacious advertising of both food, drug, and supplement products, as well as their use of questionable foreign imports.

That said thought, the rules apply equally to everyone, not just the big corps, or the little guy.

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
Did you know that only 3 people, in the last 20 years, has gotten sick from consuming unpasteurized milk?

Did you know that is a false statistic because its impossible to accurately track something that is going on illicitly?

The rest of your remarks don’t really seem to apply to this instance as you’re arguing about growing and they got in trouble for distribution. They can grow organic stuff, as long as they follow the rules, and sell it to their hearts content, but they chose not to follow the rules. No one is preventing you from getting organic products, or even growing your own, they are preventing you from distributing noncompliant goods to others.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
I gave you a star in your first reply but now I think perhaps you may be exaggerating a little by referring/comparing to organic food as garbage.

I am not saying organic food is garbage, I was using that as a rather poignant example to show what I was talking about.

Now if disposing of and bleaching absolutely good food is a standard practical governmental procedure, then maybe that's another reason why your economy is going down the tubes.
Now I don't know about state laws which treat organic food across state like a international smuggling watchdog. Perhaps there are many rules preventing domestic food from entering states I'm sure. But why?

The bleach was an indicator to me as to the real story here. I used to be an airline supervisor, which meant that I had to have US customs clearance, and work on foreign flights. British Airways, as an example used to have the best food out of all the airlines that flew into our airport. Lobster, steak, etc… US customs would take that food, then bleach and/or incinerate whatever was left over when it was taken off the aircraft for the exact same reason. There was nothing wrong with the food, and you could even eat it as long as you were on the aircraft (which is considered foreign soil), but it still had to be removed by Customs, sterilized, and destroyed.

While that might seem ridicules, when you compare it to the people, baggage, freight, etc. that comes off the aircraft, the rather gross fact is that food attracts pests that contaminate it. If you put a chunk of wood under a piece or glass and let it sit for two weeks, you’ll still have a piece of wood under glass. If you take a piece of meat and do the same thing, you’ll have a glass full of bugs, flies, maggots, and the like. That’s because all those eggs and larva were laid in that food at some point before you put it under the glass. Besides all those nasty little critters, are all the viruses and bacteria that they are also carrying.

Seriously a carrot is a carrot is a carrot. Unless of course it's been modified by Monsanto to self-terminate after one crop. And has now hybrid it'self with Organic food. Damn, how do you ever regulate that??

Or unless its contaminated with Aster Yellows, Leaf Blight, Leaf Spot, Sclerotinia Rot, Bacterial Leaf Rot, Bacterial Soft Rot, Crown Rot, Fusarium Rot, or any of a thousand other infestations or diseases.

Again I say, would you rather trust some guy who might be trying to sell you damaged goods to make a fast buck, or the FDA who has done a decent job of keeping food safe up to this point and has no vested interest in making a sale?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Thanks for the tip, it's getting bad here. I hope we never have to leave, maybe one day things will settle down.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This is just sad and wrong. Ron Paul won't change anything if Obama can't. Look back at all that Obama said. Has he done anything he had promised?

No matter who our president is, it won't make any difference as long as the rich and corrupt control the government. Nowadays presidents are mere puppets and faces of the true powers. Oh, if only the so-called "Presidency" could be what it used to be!

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
Craziness in the extreme, I can't believe you guys deal with this rot!
What a load!!

I agree do not under any sercomstances try this tactic in Australia as you will be tipped on your pronto cop or no cop

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

I gave you a star in your first reply but now I think perhaps you may be exaggerating a little by referring/comparing to organic food as garbage.

I am not saying organic food is garbage, I was using that as a rather poignant example to show what I was talking about.

Now if disposing of and bleaching absolutely good food is a standard practical governmental procedure, then maybe that's another reason why your economy is going down the tubes.
Now I don't know about state laws which treat organic food across state like a international smuggling watchdog. Perhaps there are many rules preventing domestic food from entering states I'm sure. But why?

The bleach was an indicator to me as to the real story here. I used to be an airline supervisor, which meant that I had to have US customs clearance, and work on foreign flights. British Airways, as an example used to have the best food out of all the airlines that flew into our airport. Lobster, steak, etc… US customs would take that food, then bleach and/or incinerate whatever was left over when it was taken off the aircraft for the exact same reason. There was nothing wrong with the food, and you could even eat it as long as you were on the aircraft (which is considered foreign soil), but it still had to be removed by Customs, sterilized, and destroyed.

While that might seem ridicules, when you compare it to the people, baggage, freight, etc. that comes off the aircraft, the rather gross fact is that food attracts pests that contaminate it. If you put a chunk of wood under a piece or glass and let it sit for two weeks, you’ll still have a piece of wood under glass. If you take a piece of meat and do the same thing, you’ll have a glass full of bugs, flies, maggots, and the like. That’s because all those eggs and larva were laid in that food at some point before you put it under the glass. Besides all those nasty little critters, are all the viruses and bacteria that they are also carrying.

Seriously a carrot is a carrot is a carrot. Unless of course it's been modified by Monsanto to self-terminate after one crop. And has now hybrid it'self with Organic food. Damn, how do you ever regulate that??

Or unless its contaminated with Aster Yellows, Leaf Blight, Leaf Spot, Sclerotinia Rot, Bacterial Leaf Rot, Bacterial Soft Rot, Crown Rot, Fusarium Rot, or any of a thousand other infestations or diseases.

Again I say, would you rather trust some guy who might be trying to sell you damaged goods to make a fast buck, or the FDA who has done a decent job of keeping food safe up to this point and has no vested interest in making a sale?

i think if its all that serious then you better go live in a test tube your a dill, we have been killing and proccessing our own meat and vegies for hundreds of years, if the truth is known your granparents were doing it that bought you about so belt up

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Why the Government wants to be in everything.....

They need revenue.

+70 million Baby Boomers needing Social Security/Medicare
+45 million illegals needing free school for their kids, healthcare
+50 million needing Food Stamps
+60 million needing Section 8
+7 million Veterans needing Disability checks
+4 million retired military needing retirement checks
+1 million active duty military needing paychecks/food/housing/healthcare
+Farms needing subsidies to make it all work
+$1 Trillion in unpaid College Loans and growing
+50 States that are insolvent and need Federal $$$
+7 US Territories needing $$$/Food Stamps/Section 8 (remember Obama saying there are 57 States)
+Israel needing it's free Billions
+Europe needing our military action to keep them warm in the winter
+Former Soviet Territories getting free $Billions$ as we try and buy them off as our friends

....and on and on and on........The Federal Government is a Beast that needs fed. They have to get into everything to git their money to fund it all. You have NO rights to anything....food...water...life...liberty.

Notta. Empire's are a bitch to feed. And we've got a FAT one.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
Why did they comply were they not on private property and tell them to GTFO I didn't see any cops...

Was the food being sold or just cooked and eaten? If its sold sadly they can make you do whatever they want but if its something people are making for others to eat for free they have no say in where the food comes from.

Where can we get some more facts on this?

Seems like its time to get a lawyer if I was these people... Class action suit time...

I like the comment from the women she tells who she is and says that's all you need to know... Well guess what that's not all we need to know because you are required by law to give more then that.

This is how it all starts...

I couldn't agree more. They should of demanded to see the court order. Because without a Court order the Bureaucrat is nothing more then a trespasser.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join