It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government raids organic farm/picnic. Organizers forced to pour bleach on "unsafe" food.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
I live in an incorporated city, which has its own government (e.g. mayor, city council, tax structure, sheriff's department, etc.).

They run ads on the Internet, stating "we need food, please make a donation." These contributions are passed on to the public through a "bread line."

Typically there is no shortage of day old breads, cakes, cookies, and pies. Foods with real nutritional value like vegetables, fruits, and dairy are available but usually very scarce.

The lines are longs. They're made up of people who are struggling financially, but willing to wait it out.

It's not uncommon to wait an hour or more for a loaf of bread, a box of crackers, some apples, and a head of lettuce. I prefer to use their dumpster in the back alley. There is never a line and I can easily walk away with a backpack full of dated canned foods, bags of fresh fruits, vegetables, gallons jugs of whole milk, dozens of fresh eggs, plus much more.

The amount of donated food this government municipality discards in the trash each day is a crime. We have many problems in the world today, and governments surely are a large part of these problems.

F.T.G.

edit on 9-11-2011 by seasoul because: Ron Paul for president!

Common sense is absent from government. During the depression there would not be a dumpster with ANY food in it. If there were police they were digging for their food too. Nobody had money. Food lines went miles in major cities. There was a dustbowl in the lower midwest affecting a huge amount of fresh food available. People struggled to get by on whatever they could find.

There was a separation between the "Haves" and "Have-nots". It was extreme to the point of physical separation for their own protection. Poor people served them because they were paid a pittance that was just enough to feed their family. They hated their situation, but were powerless to change it.

We are almost there again. The same type of thing has happened to our government and the string pullers are greedy bankers again. We know this and are still powerless to do anything about it because there is a 2 party system that makes government inept.

Things will improve, but not before they get much worse.

My suggestion is to find a way of providing fresh food NOW. Aquaponics is a good way to raise your own food on a very small scale with very little maintenance or resources. You have fish and vegetables to live on and if you get a few chickens you could have eggs and fertilizer for your starter plants. Get some solar panels made (e-bay) to put on your roof and power a pump. That is all you need to be self sufficient.

When people refuse to allow their government to ruin their ability to feed their family, the people will regain control.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
The fact that things like this happens every day makes me a little bit sick. Strike that, it makes me a lot sick. The obvious bias and brainwashed approach of the majority towards food (and what is considered "normal" food) has gotten way out of hand.

I saw a similar situation where an organic chicken farmer had his butchering operation in an open air room. He was shut down several times by the FDA, because they saw it as unsanitary to do this outside. Rather than sitting down and taking it, however, he brought in third party evaluators who found that it was not only sanitary, but MUCH MORE sanitary than your average chicken factory operation.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Folks... the Moderator knows what he/she is talking about.

I have a small farm and we raise a good portion of our own food...chicken, pork, goat, and we just got some milk goats... so home made cheese and milk will be on the menu sometime soon. If I eat it and we supply our needs...then no problem.

However, when you start to sell and distribute and share with those off the farm, you better have your stuff together... sanitation and clean processing and storage and records...not only for yourself, but if something happens. otherwise, somebody gets sick on something you grew or processed...suddenly they will be the new owners of your farm.. literally and figuratively.

I am looking into making my hobby a business even now. In the past, we would kill a hog or two...make sausage.. put up the hams or tenderloins, ribs, backbone...we would share with other family and friends...some even would pay us for extra rolls of sausage or a country ham... it would help cover some of the costs or give us some spending money for Christmas.

We also sell livestock on the hoof...goats especially are good money making stock. We sell eggs, and from the garden...tomatoes, greens, potatoes, herbs, etc... mostly on the weekends in the summer as the campers pass by our farms to the local recreation areas. Not a big deal really.

Now.. in consideration of really going public...getting a place at one of the big farmer's markets in Durham or chapel hill where the big money is, you have a lot of hoops to jump through. Insurance in the event someone gets sick or worse, liability insurance, plus you now give open access to your farm by the farm market committee to inspect at any time and without notice your farm. Also, you now open yourself up to the NC Dept Agriculture to come and inspect your place... also, the FDA and the US DA... and with pending legislation... if you have farm animals and sell them...you will have to have RFID tags in each animal...everysingle chicken, goat, pig, calf, cow...etc...if it is livestock..it will have an RFID tag.

All that being said... and the amount of overhead, up front money to reserve a spot, the paperwork to just be able to sell...I am seriuosly reconsidering and going underground...well, staying underground and under the table...

I have been in the food retail business for over 20 years and now manage a farm supply store. I always adhere to strict sanitation, good farm practices, stringent and self imposed rules for killing and storage... and we keep our damn mouths shut... If we don't know you, we ain't gonna know you... you might get a basket of tomatoes at the road side stand... maybe a hanging basket or some herbs... but that's it.

Maybe one day, you guys will read about a SWAT team and FDA raid on our farm... a brief but intense gun battle, maybe I will be killed or arrested... if our future looks like Orwell's 1984 or worse yet, the movie version with Richard Burton... I would rather die a free man than live as a slave.

OK.. I feel better now.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeanAnderson
The fact that things like this happens every day makes me a little bit sick. Strike that, it makes me a lot sick. The obvious bias and brainwashed approach of the majority towards food (and what is considered "normal" food) has gotten way out of hand.

I saw a similar situation where an organic chicken farmer had his butchering operation in an open air room. He was shut down several times by the FDA, because they saw it as unsanitary to do this outside. Rather than sitting down and taking it, however, he brought in third party evaluators who found that it was not only sanitary, but MUCH MORE sanitary than your average chicken factory operation.

Welcome to ATS.

We always butchered outdoors. I was never sick growing up except when a train derailed and spilled DIOXIN into a local stream. I got blisters all over my body from working in the garden after a heavy flooding spring. Ever since then I have been extra sensitive to certain chemicals and am currently battling a breakout on my forehead from preservatives in pressure treated wood I was working with on a job.

Government is out of control. Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I hear you, "dude." Producing your own food and achieving self-reliance is the only answer.

It's probably only a matter of time before the government throws a lock on this dumpster. Our city has a municipal code, dumpster diving is not allowed and scavenging is considered illegal.

It's also considered a crime, if you're homeless and caught sleeping in your car in this city.

edit on 9-11-2011 by seasoul because: End the Federal Reserve!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
There are ways around the laws....for eg. (and I know we are not talking about grog here but a similar principal could apply) the bikies (were probably the pioneers of it in this country)and our local events (Rodeo etc.) all sell raffle tickets.
That ticket enables you to swap it for alcohol (in another tent), be it a can of premix or beer, all without licences.

The problem with the governments in relation to the food across the border thing, aside from obvious pest issues, is they don't get their cut.
Of course they're going to look down on those they grab, they've been busted.
Put a badge on anyone, doesn't matter what the badge and eventually (what we sometimes refer to as) little Hitlers start to show themselves. The one's who get off on being the authority over others.

I think it is our fault and the fault of our parents and their parents, when most of these laws were made, are being made daily it would seem, that we have allowed our governing bodies to be responsible for our own welfare.
In fact we wanted them to...
Us who always has to find someone or something to blame when something goes wrong, like food poisoning...

On the wastage issue we have that here too on a vast scale, and it makes me sick. Farmers I've spoken to who supply major food chain stores, have had to plow entire fields of food back into the land because they didn't have the right size potato at final check before delivery. The farmer gets paid only the base going market price (which could be lower than first original offer) and suffers the waste of time and effort only to let it go to waste.
They are not allowed to supply this elsewhere.
Absolute craziness if you ask me.

There was a link to a you tube vid (from another thread) about a country that had already had an economic collapse, and the local people started their own currency which they could use at markets to buy, or take stuff to sell for the currency.
It had an expiry date so as to promote the circulation of it, sounded to me like a brilliant idea. From memory even some larger businesses were interested in joining in. I tried to find the link but...
sorry

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
reply to post by onecraftydude

I hear you, "dude."

It's probably only a matter of time before the government throws a lock on this dumpster. Our city has a municipal code, dumpster diving is not allowed and scavenging is considered illegal.

It's also considered a crime, if you're homeless and caught sleeping in your car in this city.

edit on 9-11-2011 by seasoul because: End the Federal Reserve!

If the back packers get caught here too, sleeping in their cars on the street it's $200/head fine....from a security company hired by the local council...so rude!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This angers me so much... I am starting an organic garden next year with my wife, someone try and stop us. I'm tired of eating this crap chemical composition the gov calls "food". I am watching my son eat cereal with more chemicals in it than anything. I think the gov's food is disgusting, look they give us McDonald's and other fatty restaurants.
I feel like moving from the US, I can't take it here anymore. My wife wants to move to Europe, and I'm starting to think that's a great idea, time for a little "Brain Drain".

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
obesity - designed by the usda in conjunction w/ the fda - attacking folks everywhere.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I don't know if Europe would be the place to go for less regulation. Just read the "horror stories" from our fellow ATSers in Europe...

However, like you, we are looking abroad and Costa Rico or Brazil look promising. In fact, there are large contigients of US citizens already there and the climate is quite comparable to the US...especially eastern NC. In fact, more than a few NC tobbacco farmers have moved to Brazil and say the economy, laws, regulations, and lifestyle is very similar to 1950s USA... howver, Brazil is so vast, that a trek to town is made via Cessna airplane instead of truck... and they patrol the farm against wild animals by horseback and with rifles... one farmer said it was almost like living in the old west in the interior of Brazil.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It may be just a dream but I think a person should be able to soak a monsanto food nazi shill down with the herbicide 'round up' and not be charged. After all it's perfectly safe for the plants they are promoting so the shill shouldn't have any problem with monsanto toxics on him/her.

The problem woth 99.99% of our laws is that if you use dollars aka 'Federal Reserve Notes' the Feds can apply any of their 50,000 volumes of Federal statues and they will apply.

If the people on this farm had paid for their organic goodies with the now defunct Liberty Dollars or some non federal of trade the people would have exempted themselves from all those stupid mony grubbing laws. This idea deserves it's own complete thread but I just don't have time today
edit on 9-11-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
No food created by my God is unclean or unsafe to eat. These people are liars. They will not tell me what is safe for me to eat, i obey only my King and Messiah, not some clown in a monkey suit trying to shovel manmade genetically altered poison down my throat.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

These guys keep trying to buck the system, and they keep loosing, eventually maybe they’ll get the message.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

While I understand your points, and concede they are valid, this last line spooked me. So we shouldn't buck the system when the system is broken? If they are willfully breaking these "regulations" (not laws, mind you, but bureaucrat-penned rules) is their protest less valid than say an OWS protester refusing to vacate a park when it "closes"? Or a black person drinking out of a 'white only' fountain back in the day?

I for one will buck the system when and where I see fit, even if I keep losing, if bucking the system is the only morally responsible thing to do. If I lived in NV, I would spend my food money at this farm today!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Do people realize how hard it is to find organic meat that you can even afford?? I cant afford it...

I wanted to throw up after watching this video. It has put me another step closer to becoming a vegan...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by samlf3rd

I don't know if Europe would be the place to go for less regulation. Just read the "horror stories" from our fellow ATSers in Europe...

However, like you, we are looking abroad and Costa Rico or Brazil look promising. In fact, there are large contigients of US citizens already there and the climate is quite comparable to the US...especially eastern NC. In fact, more than a few NC tobbacco farmers have moved to Brazil and say the economy, laws, regulations, and lifestyle is very similar to 1950s USA... howver, Brazil is so vast, that a trek to town is made via Cessna airplane instead of truck... and they patrol the farm against wild animals by horseback and with rifles... one farmer said it was almost like living in the old west in the interior of Brazil.

That actually sounds great to me! Hey I am in East NC near I95 64e....Maybe I can drive by your table and crawl under

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
He is 100% accurate at 5:40...

If you eat organic food only for a period of time, then go back to the crap that's mainstream foods, you will get sick. That tells a story in itself.

I eat organic only for the most part, and when I grab a quick cheeseburger at a fast food place, I get a massive headache and my sinuses get clogged up. When I drink any soda containing HFCS, I get sinus problems and a headache. The body gets use to these toxic foods over time, but when you detox from them and go back, you definitely notice the difference in yourself.

People feel crappy all the time they say, so they take medications for the symptoms instead of getting rid of the cause for their symptoms. That is not too bright if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Above posts suggest this happened because they crossed a border.
The border is IMAGINARY. It only exists in our mind. For the crops and birds and insects and all the rest of the natural life IT DOES NOT EXIST.
On the other side of the imaginary border its good clean healthy food but because of an imaginary line poeple want to declare it a "BIOHAZARD" what utter nonsense.
If were realy concerned about spreading "BioHazards" then it makes more sense to limit the distance food can travel rather than use an IMAGINARY line that all of nature(except us) is unaware of.

Think about this. In front of your child are two nice tasty strawberrys. One has been grown in soil thats had many different chemicals added. It's also been sprayed with insecticides and herbicides and quite possibly its even been irradiated. The other strwaberry has been grown in normal natural soil and no chemical sprays were added.
Which strawberry would you prefer your child to be eating?

It's a no brainer realy coz anyone who has a brain is going to choose the strawberry thats clean and free of chemicals.

Because there are so many people in the UK now who only eat organic food the health difference is really starting to show. Every day more and more parents are switching their children to organic food. Even the teachers in the schools now say they can tell which children dont get organic food.

Our MASTERS eat organic food and drink organic wines and spirits!!! nuff said.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
MONSANTO CRAP Crosses borders all the time WHY CANT WE BLEACH AND DESTROY THEIR CROPS??? Sorry folks this thing is really upsetting to me..

Here is a nice link too:
action.fooddemocracynow.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

all that sounds fine and dandy from one perspective and bulls crap from another.the small guy?hes the one always getting the crap beat out with these great laws you mention and kept at bay as you say,the big corps at bay? thats what the guys in there wallets are for.and the great excuse,(our health and safety) what planet are you on?or do you not read around here?ats has few post on the subject. its just a big freaking joke theory and practice are very diferent indeed.

edit on 9-11-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)
If you want to eat garbage off the ground, you're more then welcome to do so. However, if you want to pick up that same piece of garbage, charge someone money for it, and make claims its is healthier then other food, then you’ve broken the law and here you have! what most big corps do.say no more,but laws come down hard on the small guy. wake up!
edit on 9-11-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Ever hear of a community garden?

Did you know that the Dems introduced legislation for a "garden tax" during the Clinton years?

Did you know that gardens grown next to "round-up-ready" crops average a 60% drop in total weight of produce for a given season?

Did you know that GMOs have NEVER been demonstrated to increase production...yeah...never...

Did you know that only 3 people, in the last 20 years, has gotten sick from consuming unpasteurized milk?

Did you know that several states have ALREADY made it illegal to drink unpasteurized milk from your OWN cow or goat?

Did you know that other than Great Britain and the U.S. (and possibly Canada now), GMO crops are illegal to even possess because of the results they have gotten from THEIR health and safety tests...yep. In a few countries, you can receive life sentences and possibly be executed because of the severe risk to persons AND agriculture.

Did you know that scientists actually splice ANIMAL DNA into plant DNA to create their GMOs?

Personally, I don't think the alarm could EVER be sounded too loudly.

I don't remember who said it but it went something like this: "Controlling the guns makes it easier to lead people where you want. Controlling the food makes slaves."

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join