It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government raids organic farm/picnic. Organizers forced to pour bleach on "unsafe" food.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

And free range eggs are dosed with formaldehyde and organic milk is pasteurized....
I live in an aera where people still eat Tartar beafsteak and chew on raw bacon fat and it makes me wince...
If you can kill bacteria then do it. Our ancestors had remarkably short life expectancies.
And tapeworm.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Anyone has not watched "The Corporation", "Food Inc", and
"The World according to Monsanto" should do so soon and
pass it on to ppl they know so there will be a mass awakening
against the evil that is GMO.

GMO has been linked to sterility, cancer, and organ failure
and was even covered as such in the mainstream news.

Rule #1 of the Guidestones is in full effect, Pianka and Holdren's dream is in the works.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One thing to note is that these inspectors never really do anything to serve the public unless someone complains. So, maybe someone got sick after eating these picnic foods and complained. The illness was most likely unrelated to the food. People just like to get revenge and send in the stormtroopers, even when they attack the wrong cause. It is obvious that the cooks and people there were smart enough to understand proper food handling, while immigrants who don't even understand germ theory are cooking all over the state.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't understand why people don't resist this type of action. If people from the health department came onto my farm and told me I can't eat the food I have just harvested I would first tell them to remove themselves from my property and, when they failed to do so, they would have the barrel of a gun shoved in their faces. You have to get angry instead of sitting back and allowing them to do whatever the hell they want, because that is exactly what they will do, to hell with your rights to provide sustenance for yourself.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I know it's easy to say, easier to say than do, but this was a private picnic supplied with private food, that was donated, not sold, right? So the only moral thing for these people to do was to just continue on with the picnic and tell Mary to f*** off and if she wants to call the cops, let her. Get arrested, get a lawyer, go to court and fight it. Because ultimately people who won't defend their freedom, may not deserve it. Cause the issue here is not the food, what's healthy or not. That is so not the point.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
I don't understand why people don't resist this type of action. If people from the health department came onto my farm and told me I can't eat the food I have just harvested I would first tell them to remove themselves from my property and, when they failed to do so, they would have the barrel of a gun shoved in their faces. You have to get angry instead of sitting back and allowing them to do whatever the hell they want, because that is exactly what they will do, to hell with your rights to provide sustenance for yourself.

Yeah.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Hillarie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is beyond tyranny.
The Nazis never did this, and we thought they were bad.
Something really serious has to be done about it, but what?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
They're not even allowed to eat the food as private citizens on a private farm?

That's just ridiculous!

Gotta love the arrogance of Mary Oaks though!

Oh yeah, oh yeah she made it clear she didn't have to tell too much about herself because she have a PERSONAL LIFE. Ummmm, she was on a private farm operating in a public manner and she's concerned with her personal life, got it!
edit on 9-11-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
The war on food... because the war on drugs didn't fail hard enough.

This is full of win!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
When I went to the US, I was shocked by the whole food experience, from shopping proper vegetables & fruits at reasonnable prices, to HUGE portions in restaurant (only in the US one meal can serve a couple), and all the bad sugar, bad fat (whatever that's called), etc. that is in all the food there... I seriously pity you guys because it's not your fault but your HIGHLY CORRUPT governement, this is NOT a democracy.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
"If you eat only organic food and then go back to NON organic food it makes you feel ill"

I can varify this is true.
My family now only eat organic food but occasionaly when on journeys etc its not possible to find organic food.
On these occasions after eating non organic food we have all commented how ill we feel eg: headaches, upset stomach, unable to sleep etc.
Also, after eating organic food non-organic food tastes disgusting, especialy products that claim to be made from meat.

Its also true that you eat less when you only eat organic food.

I live in the UK and I know its only a matter of time before they start tryin this on over hear. Worthy of note is the royals have their own organic farms!!

I'm glad you brought this up. How long does it take though, of eating organic? Years before you notice the difference?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
lets call it what it really is, crushing the lil guy/defending the corporations.

i agree there is a point about not shipping foods across state lines and once your selling yah theres gotta be rules but.....

if the goal of the rules is to protect the health of the public, than a closer look at large food manufacturing plants and the chemicals that are legal to put in our food should be the priority.

are we being poisened long term? are we being fed sawdust? if mono sodium glutamate's use is to make stale food taste less stale, than how is it legal to use msg as an ingredient in say meatloaf? the box and the advertisements claim we are buying food yet look at how much of our food is made from stuff thats not food.

the whole subsidizing corn to feed to cows which dont naturaly eat corn so we can radiate all our meat is just sureal.

large scallop fisheries storing scallops outside in a giant tank outside without refrigeration and when the scallops turn brown and start to smell really bad they spray a chemical on them which turns the scallops white and removes the smell.(sometimes theres more harvest than processing capacity and they sit out)

point is when the government is done getting all the corporate bad guys and theyre out of corporations than they can go after small businesses. if the governments plan really was to protect the citizens first that is.(hard to type that one without laughing)

ps didnt i read somewhere that only some tiny% of imported foods are inspected? do you honestly believe they send a food inspector to foriegn countries? idk but im guessing the vietnamese tuna probably needs more inspecting/enforcement than the people in this vid.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I gave you a star in your first reply but now I think perhaps you may be exaggerating a little by referring/comparing to organic food as garbage. That's not exactly fair. And as for the laws, maybe they have been trying to navigate a labyrinth of red tape nonsense. Laws are really there for who exactly? Especially when it comes to food.

Now if disposing of and bleaching absolutely good food is a standard practical governmental procedure, then maybe that's another reason why your economy is going down the tubes. Such a waste and poor management. Only a reflection of how things are really done in office.

Now I don't know about state laws which treat organic food across state like a international smuggling watchdog. Perhaps there are many rules preventing domestic food from entering states I'm sure. But why? Seriously a carrot is a carrot is a carrot. Unless of course it's been modified by Monsanto to self-terminate after one crop. And has now hybrid it'self with Organic food. Damn, how do you ever regulate that??

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Almost immediately!

After only a few days of eating strictly unprocessed, organic foods (there is an issue with terminology here, saying "organic food" is like saying "human person", all fresh foods (GM or not) are organic by definition, though I will stay with common use terms) you will notice a marked improvement to how you "feel". You will have more energy, less aggression and won't feel hungry for longer periods. If you have disorders or health problems, you will notice many of the symptoms abating or becoming less pronounced. After only a few months (once your body has detoxified somewhat), you will find eating processed foods having adverse effects on your body, such as stomach aches, headaches, rashes, lethargy and grumpiness/aggression. You will also notice flavour differences between organic and processed foods more readily.

I believe genetics can be used for many beneficial purposes, but we need to be extremely careful when applying genetic modifications to the globes main food sources. We don’t fully understand what we are doing, and recent research is showing that GM foods are causing havoc on our bodies and ecological systems. We should be concentrating on more small-scale bio-diversity farming, rather than corporate farming of particular crops over large areas. There is much information out there around GAP (Good Agricultural Practice).

As to the OP, it seems (as with many of these cases, and as has been mentioned in this thread a few times) that on face value this is something to get irate about, but when digging a little deeper there is "the other side of the story", in this case being that they were operating illegally based on current food and distribution laws.

It is fine to say "I can grow and eat anything I want", and even give/sell it to others, but as soon as your produce makes others ill there is a major problem; which is why so many regulations have developed around food. This does make it harder for the small farmers to earn a living from farming, involving much more paperwork than in the past, but without these types of regulations we get instances such as perma-freeze in wine or unsafe "organic" pesticides being used, etc.

The "masses" demand these regulations to protect the populace due to past precedent, and will again if there is unsafe food being distributed. Unfortunately you do need some form of governance to make these decisions, and it is usually a majority decision, meaning that there are those that will disagree, but will still have to abide by the majority rule.

This instance shows people who are fighting the system in the wrong way… what they are doing is considered illegal by the majority… if they want change, they have to address the regulations, not try to side-step them.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

Thanks. I've always had this on the back burner but I think I am seriously going to switch. Even in light of all the stuff I already knew, I am admittedly, a man of convenience.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I must detest.... Genetically Modified food is safe for consumption.. PESTICIDE IS NOT! How many times am I gonna have to say this?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I hope the world does come to an end in 2012 as I am sick of this one.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
So... when do they raid Monsanto and do the same?

I mean come on.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Mary Oaks with the Southern Nevada Health District:
"Thats all the information you need, because I have a personal life too."

Well Mary, you shouldn't have a personal life because you should be in prison for violating other people's property rights!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have a small farm, and I'm ready for these people...

If they even come on the property they're going to die.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join