It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have To Fall Asleep So Our Brains Can Be Downloaded With New Simulated Reality Data

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Lets say this theory was true, what would explain sleep/rest related disorders such as:

narcolepsy secure.wikimedia.org...
circadian rhythm secure.wikimedia.org...
chronic-fatigue syndrome secure.wikimedia.org...

I'd be very interested if someone can come up with a logical reason why these diagnosisis would happen, if the universe really were a computer generated system.

I can think of a simple idea, possibly the mind/entity is somewhat aware of the fabricated system and subconciously rejects the full sleep "treatment", in some way or another (thats if sleep is merely an event as you say), but its hard to think a proper theory.

I thought it seems quite relevant because they are typically "odd" disorders, and can be confusing to understand even for medical experts (aka doctors).

Just curious if anyone has thought about this before.

Sleep is a very interesting subject.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Yea, i had a dream similar to this, I saw grey alien's operating on my subconsious, through my dream. Almost like an outer body experince. I woke up sweating next to my wife, and i thought for about two day's. That sleep was used as a programming mechanism for an alien ant farm. Furthermor in my dream they had erased our history of man kind. Only so that we are always lost, and easily programmed in our sleep. However i realized this dream is unrealistic and unprovable. Even if it was true, i thought to myself; for what benifit dose it gain an ant to realize it's in an ant farm. Regardless of truth what i know is this. I know nothing about the world i live in, but meaning is not an outside force, rather an internal right to every individual.
edit on 10-11-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

your picture is hypnotising, there is something special about it. Totally off topic i know, but i couldnt read your post because i was so distracted and drawn to your picture.
Its very soothing.

Namaste.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

They begin seeing things that aren't there for the everyday, healthy person. They begin to think they are in part of some bigger agenda, while hallucinating and recoiling back into whatever comfort zone they have left.

I think this is exactly what Blocula is saying, without sleep and re-programing they are seeing things that perhaps are there but we are so programmed not to see them. Our enviroment and surroundings are programmed into us and with lack of sleep and thus lack of programming we start to see beyond the programed illusion.
Are we not all part of a bigger agenda? Is that not why we are all on this site, trying to get to the bottom of this agenda?

So without programming and without being 'kept on track' we start to see the truth? Perhaps because we are lacking the downloaded perceptions. And could start to figure out the agenda....

So we could say that people with lack of sleep arnt hallucinating (anymore than we do on a day to day basis) but infact seeing through the illusion?

I think Blocula, while you may not be spot on, i completely understand what you are saying and believe you are close to the truth.

Namaste.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I also belive in something similar but let me ask you two things:

-What is the reason for them to create this false simulation for us?

- If this is not the real ourselves, who or what is the real us?

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Original poster, please check into the nearest mental clinic. Is all the science and understanding of the human knowledge all made up too and part of a greater conspiracy? The idea of everyone being in on this "false reality" could go on for infinity and the craziness begins. Utter ridiculousness.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
If I pray before bed with sincerity, my dreamlife and dream memory recall is WAYYYY better. Seriously. There's an actual payoff, which is strange, because I still haven't won the lottery yet in real life, but it works for one's dreamlife that's for sure. Try it, you'll see. Just honest and sincere prayer in relation to the God of your own understanding. Even an atheist could try this, with God as an imagined and projected perfect observer. It works. Guaranteed.

Thats interesting
For me, what helps me loads is simply putting a pad and pen by my bedside and making the conscious choice to remember my dream..which involves the second I feel awake, reaching and grabbing the pen and jotting down anything I remember about the dream

when I am writing the list, I often wonder why bother since I remember it so clearly..but do anyhow..and yep, I remember it like a real memory.

I can also of course alter the subject of my dream based on what I was doing for the past few hours of being awake...so, I try to play some sandbox video game (this allows me to exert control in dream curiously enough)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NAeagle89
Original poster, please check into the nearest mental clinic. Is all the science and understanding of the human knowledge all made up too and part of a greater conspiracy? The idea of everyone being in on this "false reality" could go on for infinity and the craziness begins. Utter ridiculousness.

Sounds like every single religions main theme ever. the world is an illusion, a simulation of a life.

if he checks in, then pretty much every person save a few here and there since the dawning of civilization is mad...arguably they are, but when insanity is the norm, then it is the norm who are insane by standards.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
like the 2nd post says. It reeks of the movie Dark City, with a little smattering of the Matrix thrown in for good measure.
I have heard something similar before though, and i believe i read it in New Scientist, who i think is a fairly legit source.
heres a link to the article -

www.simulation-argument.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If everything is a simulation then it's real to us and is reality. The elusive higgs boson might hold an important key of information in discovering why matter exists and behaves like it does.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You don't even have to go to sleep..........sitting in front of your TV puts you automatically into a hypnotic state. Simply do the research.

www.associatedcontent.com...

Start exploring into the correlation between TV and mass mind control............it's all in the frequency waves.

Why do you think the US Government was so keen on reimbursing people to switch from analog to digital?

I very rarely even have the TV on and when my husband comes home........it's turned on right away.

I note the amount of flashes and from my research there is a possibility (again I say possibly because I have no proof) but it is known that once you sit in front of the TV your brain goes into a different "stress reduction" mode.

Nothing comes free.............we're being dumb down, distracted and divided.

And.............................it's one of the ways the few are able to control the many.

I read, don't watch much TV.

When I do watch TV my dreams are different, stranger.

Again, I admit, I don't know everything or even that much, this is simply what I think is a real possibility.

I also found a group of videos on You Tube called Mind Control 1 of 6 here: www.youtube.com...

Too many to load up here on ATS but if you want to begin to explore this area go for it.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Our brains are nothing more or less than organic computers. Garbage in, garbage out and you are exactly what you are programmed to be unless you are smart enough and willing to break free and wake up from the Matrix we call reality.
edit on 10-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Originally posted by okamitengu
you stole your idea from dark city

DARK CITY - IMDB

there is nothing new under the sun.

I wish I could star and flag you, I couldn't read past the first page when they obviously did not read the first post after the OP....

As i've said already,like 4 pages back,i have never seen that movie before and where did the makers of that movie steal their idea from?...

This movie shows people sleeping and getting their brains down-loaded with simulated reality data from aliens in another dimension or galaxy?...as i said

Or from our future selves who lost a war with invading evil aliens who were given a simulation machine as war reparations and the evil aliens altered the program and downloaded all the misery and suffering into our virtual world?...as i said

Turning what was once an eden into a hell?...as i said...

I think that the simulators live in "the real world" and we are Three Dimensional Simulations...projected upon a holographic screen...

I seriously doubt that movie is about those things that i though of on my own...
edit on 10-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Reminds me of the quote in Alice In Wonderland, "We're all quite mad here".

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
As far as the movie Dark City goes,i understand that it is a re-telling of Plato's Allegory of the Cave...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzle
reply to post by esteay812

They begin seeing things that aren't there for the everyday, healthy person. They begin to think they are in part of some bigger agenda, while hallucinating and recoiling back into whatever comfort zone they have left.

I think this is exactly what Blocula is saying, without sleep and re-programing they are seeing things that perhaps are there but we are so programmed not to see them. Our enviroment and surroundings are programmed into us and with lack of sleep and thus lack of programming we start to see beyond the programed illusion.
Are we not all part of a bigger agenda? Is that not why we are all on this site, trying to get to the bottom of this agenda?

So without programming and without being 'kept on track' we start to see the truth? Perhaps because we are lacking the downloaded perceptions. And could start to figure out the agenda....

So we could say that people with lack of sleep arnt hallucinating (anymore than we do on a day to day basis) but infact seeing through the illusion?

I think Blocula, while you may not be spot on, i completely understand what you are saying and believe you are close to the truth.

Namaste.
The above statements are so close to the truth that it is opening before our eyes...

When someone does'nt sleep for a few days,you start to become disconnected from the simulation, start to become a glitch in this holographic illusion and you are without choice, eventually forced to fall asleep, for down-loading data procedures,fine tuning to re-adjust your configuration and perceptions within this simualted reality...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Furthermor in my dream they had erased our history of man kind. Only so that we are always lost, and easily programmed in our sleep.

Yes!...TechniXcality...That is part of what i'm saying exactly!...

Maybe in the far away future there is a war on earth between our benevolent creators "us in the future" and malevolent evil aliens that invaded future earth and the evil aliens defeated us and hijacked or stole "the simulation machine" or were given it as war reparations and they have altered the program,down-loaded all the misery and suffering into our "virtual" world...

What was once a virtual eden has been intentionally turned into a virtual hell...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by douglas82391
Actually science has discovered exactly why we need to sleep, what happens if we don't sleep, and what happens while we sleep. Although facts disprove your theory, still, c'mon, that's a little out there I'd say.

I don't think they know "exactly" why we "have" to sleep and i know they don't know what happens while we are sleeping...But i do...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
reply to post by blocula

Problem is, i've stayed up for about 72 hours and my brain never stopped working. I was tired as hell, but the data kept flowing. Not to mention vivid dreaming, and the recap of the day.

Its a nice thought, with the possibility of some semblance of truth.... maybe, but I wouldn't invest my faith in it.

Still wanting to know why when people stay awake they still experiance new things?
edit on 9-11-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

The previously down-loaded,virtual reality data has not run its course yet and when the simulation machine detects that your brain is ready for new holographically simulated data,you will quickly and sometimes suddenly and unexpectedly get very tired and fall asleep...

To ensure that you stay in harmony within this illusion we call reality when you awaken...

Our brains are de-coding stored information,virtual data that was previously down-loaded into them while we were asleep and when we awaken,the pre-programmed data is what we perceive as reality...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I think that our dreams are this downloading process taking place.Dreams are the fragmented memories of the simulated reality data that was down-loaded while semi-conscious...

Sometimes our dreams are clear and linear and sometimes they are broken,scrambled,blurred and disconnected,like scattered pieces of a puzzle.But i believe they are to ensure that we stay in harmony within this illusion we call reality when we awaken...

When we are conscious and awake our brains are de-coding stored information,virtual data that was previously down-loaded into them while we were asleep and we remember this down-loading procedure as our dreams and when we awaken,the pre-programmed data is what we perceive as reality...

Until once again we helplessly fall within the void sleep...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You do not need anything downloaded into you. You are already complete, you are the all knowing, all seeing ever present I. Out of you comes the whole world.
When you are in deep sleep there is no things present, no objects, not even you (your character) exist. But that empty void contains everything. It is the womb out of which all images appear and disappear.
The absolute I.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join