It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have To Fall Asleep So Our Brains Can Be Downloaded With New Simulated Reality Data

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

So let me guess this straight... What I am seeing in this "reality" is what I want to see as oppose to what I really look like (the truth being in my dreams) ?

If that is the case, why is it not possible to change myself into anything I want if this world is really a virtual reality ?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a theory of mine is that we are all just reflections of our thoughts...and nothing really exists on this plain although you have senses like feeling touch smell etc... they are all illusions created by a master single program built into our brains..when you sleep your brain defragments, classifies, and absorbs the information the thoughts have created during that day so it may reflect your life for another day...who can prove we only use a small percentage of our brains maybe it uses 100% all the time with an undetectable energy that is creating our illusion of a reality...people under hypnosis can feel smell etc...things that are not really there and also you often hear of after life experiences that people have no hang ups about what happened to them in life maybe it is because on the other side you realize it was all an illusion...and for the people that ask why does the creator allow bad things to happen...well it is actually us allowing the bad things to happen and the creator knows that it is all illusion so they do not intervene knowing no real harm is actually happening and allow us to continue our free will and attempts to evolve our souls which run this virtual world from behind a veil of another reality...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
reply to post by blocula

So let me guess this straight... What I am seeing in this "reality" is what I want to see as oppose to what I really look like (the truth being in my dreams) ?

If that is the case, why is it not possible to change myself into anything I want if this world is really a virtual reality ?

I think you can it just takes desire, time and space...people have always been looking for a way around reality some have found it apparently either just in their own mind or in the collective of all minds... but this reality comes with rules why they are in place is any ones guess

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

Maybe it is possible if we "truly believed" it 100% which is probably almost impossible to do...

Look at how fantastically far our own video games have progressed in only a mere 20 or 30 years...Imagine what they will be like in another 100...Then imagine in another 1,000...Amazing...

I believe that our simulated reality was created and is being orchestrated by either a class 2 or class 3 alien civilization from another galaxy,universe or dimension...Or It was created by our ancestors,from the distant future and we are their "ancestral simulation" a 3-dimensional holographically projected preservation of their memories and their past history...

We are forced to sleep so our brains can be downloaded with new simulated reality data.Either by direct control,or auto pilot mode,the super advanced reality computer processes new virtual information and simulated data to keep us in tune with what we think is reality.To keep us locked into this virtual,holographic world.To repair any glitches and viruses that may arise and to program the moment to moment happenings throughout our simulated lives...

When we are deleted,individually or as a group,we will die,individually or in a group and that is also why a lot of people suddenly die unexpectedly without any warning at all,our programmable reality is adjusting,changing and fine tuning itself.Somewhere beyond our comprehension,beyond the ability of our five senses to perceive...
edit on 9-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What is new "simulated reality data"?

the super advanced reality computer processes new virtual information and simulated data to keep us in tune with what we think is reality.To keep us locked into this virtual,holographic world.To repair any glitches and viruses that may arise and to program the moment to moment happenings throughout our simulated lives...

So vague. What happens to people who can't sleep why do they not talk about being trapped in time? if each time we sleep new "data" is downloaded why do things still happen if we don't sleep?
edit on 9-11-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Sorry .. I didn't get passed the the title and even for me .. I'm still ...

but if in 1000 years from now your right..i apologize and will concede ;D

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by blocula

LMAO >> I KNOW RIGHT>> arrrrrrah .. the logic gets em' every ... time..

DOH ! ..

got my laugh for the day ..

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What is seen is scene.
What sees the scene?
Can the scene appear without the seer of the scene?
Can seer be scene separate of seen?
Scene is seeing and knowing.
edit on 9-11-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

To repair any glitches and viruses that may arise and to program the moment to moment happenings throughout our simulated lives...

This implies:

This unimaginably intelligent computer is glitchy (thus not quite so intelligent).
There are other 'simulators' interested in attacking this simulation with viruses.
Free will doesn't exist.

Also, if we are simulated then that means that they could be simulated too, and their simulators simulated, etc. At some point the simulations would end and reality would set in...but not for us!

So, I ask what good would it do to know this anyway?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
In 20 or 30 years the top of the line video games that we are playing right now,will seem like that table tennis paddle game of the 1970's > | * | And some day our 5 senses will be within the game itself and following that technological progression,we will someday be able to create simulated virtual worlds and figure out time travel.At least how to send holographic virtual simulations,backwards and forwards through time...Look around...There is where we think we are now...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Everytime one of their creations reaches the point of figuring themselves out, understands what is really going on and becomes aware of their creators, realizes that what they thought was reality, was actually an illusion. Once they start to see through the aliens holographic veneer and are not afraid to face the truth...

The holographic creation will have reached it's apogee...Another extinction event is orchestrated and set into motion...Then another experiment is created...A new illuson is wrapped around the minds of a new virtual species...Remember the dinosaurs?...Atlantis?

We get bored very easily, playing the same game over and over ...Don't we?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

How is it possible to perceive something that they don't want you to understand? Especially considering that they spend a 1/3 of your life editing your programming?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Perhaps the creators "us in the future" went extinct either through natural or self inflicted disaster and they "we" are dead and gone, but their "simulation machine" lives on! and is in auto pilot mode and is able to up grade and repair itself and we are reborn over and over and history repeats itself over and over down through the ages...

Maybe in this far away future there is a war on earth between the creators "us in the future" and evil aliens that invaded future earth and the evil aliens defeated us and hijacked or stole "the simulation machine" or were given it as war reparations and they have altered the program,down-loaded all the misery and suffering into our "virtual" world...

What was once an eden has been intentionally turned into a hell...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Got creative writing 101 down

Still wanting to know why when people stay awake they still experiance new things?
edit on 9-11-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Waking consciousness is an illusion...

Because,like it or not,admit it or not,everything we see,hear,taste,touch and smell is happening within our brains and nowhere else...

We never really touch anything...

If i hit my hand upon a metal table,or if i hit my hand upon a pillow of wind...

My hand is not touching the table and is not touching the pillow at all...

The electrons of my hand are interacting with and propelling against the electrons of the table or pillow...

Electrons conduct heat and electricity and that interaction is what my brain perceives as touch...

What our limited five senses tell us is reality is an illusion...

We are three dimensional pixels of light and thought processed and projected upon a holographic screen we call reality and what we perceive as the space around us and the material objects within,are illusions...

We are not even able see what ourselves and eachother really look like...

We cant even tell where we really are...

But i think this thread is very close to The Truth...

edit on 9-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
what if I stay up all night into the next day????

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Were just a created "Sims" holographic simulator w/ free will. To see if we will prosper as a creation or destroy our species and simulated reality. Then you have multiple "Advanced Human Sims" game players trying to influence the outcome of our species. What would be the reward for winning the "Earth Sims" game? Intergalactic bragging rights?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The electrons of my hand are interacting with and propelling against the electrons of the table or pillow...

If this wasn't happening wouldn't your hand just pass through the table or pillow as if you were a ghost (or in a dream)? And how is this more or less real?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
If anyone wants to do read further on the topic of Simulated Reality or another twist "Brain in a vat" theory please read the following links. Warning: I would suggest that anyone that has a mental illness or does not have a strong grip on reality to avoid these links and this subject in its entirety. Being a thinker with a racing mind that is never quiet except when in deep sleep, whenever I read about Simulated Reality I get a little "out there" feeling in my head and find it hard to shake the feeling. Thinking that the odds are in favor of us being in a Simulated Reality (stuck in a computer) or being a isolated (or maybe networked) brain in a vat (not sure the odds of this) is sort of a mind *uc*. Most friends I talk to that have not had much thought or reading on the subject outside the Matrix movies get the same weird feeling and don't like to talk about it. Some individuals (family members,friends) laugh me off and try to change the subject very quickly. This lets me know that they are not strong enough mentally at the moment to ponder such a topic, I make sure not to bring it up with them.

Nick Bostrom's argument/theory:
i. It is possible that an advanced civilization could create a computer simulation which contains individuals with artificial intelligence (AI).
ii. Such a civilization would likely run many, billions for example, of these simulations (just for fun, for research or any other permutation of possible reasons).
iii. A simulated individual inside the simulation wouldn’t necessarily know that it is inside a simulation — it is just going about its daily business in what it considers to be the "real world."

Then the ultimate question is — if one accepts that the above premises are at least possible — which of the following is more likely?
a. We are the one civilization which develops AI simulations and happens not to be in one itself?
b. We are one of the many (billions) of simulations that has run? (Remember point iii.)

Then the article gets even more cerebral with:

Assumptions as to whether the human race (or another intelligent species) could reach such a technological level without destroying themselves depend greatly on the value of the Drake equation, which attempts to calculate the number of intelligent technological species communicating via radio in a galaxy at any given point in time. The expanded equation looks to the number of posthuman civilizations that ever would exist in any given universe. If the average for all universes, real or simulated, is greater than or equal to one such civilization existing in each universe's entire history, then the odds are rather overwhelmingly in favor of the proposition that the average civilization is in a simulation, assuming that such simulated universes are possible and such civilizations would want to run such simulations.

Simulated Reality - Wikipedia

A simple version of this runs as follows: Since the brain in a vat gives and receives exactly the same impulses as it would if it were in a skull, and since these are its only way of interacting with its environment, then it is not possible to tell, from the perspective of that brain, whether it is in a skull or a vat.

Brain in a Vat - Wikipedia

Yes, I know Wikipedia is not a academic source. The university I attend will not let us use Wikipedia as a source for research on any academic papers we write. Regardless, there is enough information on these links to get your mind thinking and if you can handle it research further and read academic peer reviewed papers on the subject.

edit on 9-11-2011 by lucentenigma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

www.simulation-argument.com...

Nice collection of info

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join