It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have To Fall Asleep So Our Brains Can Be Downloaded With New Simulated Reality Data

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea
reply to post by blocula

We sleep so we don't spend money for 8 hours.
The value of money is an illusion as well,its actually worthless and is meaningless beyond the trust we adhere to it...
edit on 9-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Funny, but money imparts no value until it departs. But, juxtapose that with the fact that money is debt (it says so, right on it at the top where it says "note").

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

My Dogs go to sleep at a normal time consistently every evening by around 9:30.

As we know our subconscious mind controls our heart and brain functions hence why we don't have to remember to breath for example.

Sleep is merely a system diagnostic of sorts which by taking the Conscious mind out of the picture allows the Brain more bandwidth in which to focus upon repairing the body.

Which is why we as animals require sleep.
Then why are our brains "more active" while sleeping then they are when we are awake?

Even animals are within and are a part of this simulated existence we call reality and they too must need simulation data down-loaded into their brains...They are a "projection" as much as we are

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome
reply to post by lucentenigma

Supposing you were a brain in a vat, realistically you would have the choice of accepting or rejecting the simulated reality, what do you suppose happens when you reject it? I'm not looking for death as an answer here, as you wouldn't be killing yourself, only rejecting false data sent to your brain.
When someone commits suicide,i believe that they,"the pixelated projection of light and thought that they actually are" is automatically and instantly up-loaded back into the super advanced simulation machine for reconfiguration in preperation for their next holographic incarnation...Suicide...Death itself ...is no escape...

As opposed to the usual down-loading that takes place whenever we are forced to fall asleep,which keeps us in harmony within this illusion...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
Got creative writing 101 down

Still wanting to know why when people stay awake they still experiance new things?
edit on 9-11-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)
The previously down-loaded,virtual reality data has not run its course yet and when the simulation machine detects that your brain is ready for new holographically simulated
data,you will quickly and sometimes suddenly and unexpectedly get very tired and fall asleep.To ensure that you stay in harmony within this illusion we call reality when you awaken...

I dont think that it takes the entire time we are asleep to be downloaded,it could happen very fast,only during a few moments...

We are three dimensional pixels of light and thought processed and projected upon a holographic screen we call reality and what we perceive as the space around us and the material objects within,are illusions...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypattia
reply to post by blocula

Have you read "Physics of Immortality", by physicist Frank Tippler? He postulated about our future descendants, time travel and simulated virtual realities. Awesome book!

Always find resonance with your posts, I feel the same about "We are really in hell".
No i have not read that book,but i will try to and thanx for telling about it...You should definitely read some of Dr.Nick Bostroms theories about how we probably are within someone or somethings simulated reality.He is an Oxford professor...

And as far as hell goes ...Read my theory about that >>>

Perhaps the creators "us in the future" went extinct either through natural or self inflicted disaster and they "we" are dead and gone, but their "simulation machine" lives on! and is in auto pilot mode and is able to up grade and repair itself and we are reborn over and over and history repeats itself over and over,in different guises,different virtual programs,down through the ages...

Maybe in this far away future there is a war on earth between the creators "us in the future" and evil aliens that invaded future earth and the evil aliens defeated us and hijacked or stole "the simulation machine" or were given it as war reparations and they have altered the program,down-loaded all the misery and suffering into our "virtual" world...

What was once an eden has been intentionally turned into a hell...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Interesting idea, but believing it without any evidence is a bit odd and certainly delusional.

Is it possible we exist? I think so. The Matrix was just a fictional movie and I like science fiction but I don't believe in it. It can be and is dangerous to start believing fiction is real. A person who believes they are not real might do anything to themselves or others based on the delusion.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yeah, I just can't buy the holographic universe theory as it doesn't allow for choice. From God's perspective, that would be the equivalent of God looking at a painting - its not real life. The unexpected is much more interesting. I can see that if God had a choice, he'd take live action over something that isn't real.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tk2dsky

Originally posted by blocula
,but in reality,our brains are more active when sleeping, then they are when we are awake

Interesting theory, but that particular quote above is not true. As a person who's job it is to watch people's brain waves while they sleep, I can tell you for certain that they slow down for the majority of time while we are in slumber. When in REM, sleep is much like awake, but that is just a fragment of the time spent in bed.

Thank you for sharing though, I enjoy pondering these things.
It is true and our brains are more active when we are asleep and dreaming that they are when we are awake...Read topic 4,paragraph 4, in this link... www.trans4mind.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

No, really, the brain is just a radio and our conscience exists somewhere else. I know that because creatures come born with knowledge they couldn't possibly have known - like birds knowing which way to fly for winter - that kind of stuff. And, with quantum entanglement, distance isn't a problem as it (the knowledge transfer) is instantaneous. Doesn't that sound better than the computer being downloaded argument?

I think it sounds awesome and the brain being a radio that you mentioned...a radio is receiving information from another source,just like our brains are as well...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I agree, we live in the thought from God. I had a car wreck 20 years ago, severed aorta should be dead, God kept me alive while I was in his realm given a choice to come back down and help out or I could of went home. We get unbelievable big like our eternal Dad being made from the same stuff. Nothing here there and nothing there here. We are totally spirit and God did cheat a little. I lost all knowledge of evil like pain and suffering, things that could be against you etc. Everything there is for you period. Once back here it was "Oh No not this again!" but I find comfort knowing how short this life is and we won't take any bad memories with us, it will be like nothing bad ever happened.

I look at things as God mechanics, the reason for a thing is greater than the thing itself. This is a spiritual factory setup to help populate heaven but like every factory you put in raw material and have both waste and good product. Unfortunetly I think there is more waste than good product from here. The factory floor, earth, has had enough waste material piling up, evil, and it is interfearing with producing anything good. So the factory gets shut down, cleaned out and rebooted. We are in the shut down mode right now and it will surprise everyone. God is Mother nature and natural disasters will abound but I think the Old Testament God of wrath is going to show up again and we will be caught at that time standing with him or trampled over by him....grace is running out. We will also at that time be empowered by him becoming our true heavenly identities while still being in this world. That final war between good and evil stuff. People don't realize how important it is to stand and be willing to die for good is. Faith without works is dead, it will take more than believe to save one from whats coming.

GB A voice in the wilderness

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
When trying to comprehend and accept the Truth about our reality, without fear or denial...The most difficult thing to understand about all this is the fact that... "Everything" we see, hear, taste, touch and smell, is taking place within our brains and "nowhere else"...

We dont "really" see, hear, taste, touch or smell anything. Our brains tell us to think we are. But we are not...

Our brains are de-coding stored information,virtual data that was previously down-loaded into them while we were asleep and when we awaken,the pre-programmed data is what we perceive as reality...
edit on 10-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Hi blocula! I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for the interesting thoughts in your thread. There is definitely a realm of mystery concerning several aspects of our reality. We are seemingly the only place where life exists abundantly and intelligently. This within itself persuades the general idea that Earth was created and popluated intentionaly.

Many different TOEs have been proposed and, so far, none of them have proven to be 100% accurate and quantitative. It would be hard to find the truth and recognize it as such, based on what we know and the information we have to draw from now.

In the OP or a following post of yours, you mentioned that sleep for each and every individual is unavoidable and at some point everyone must fall asleep.

I would like to point out that this statement is not true, as there are people who have gone insanely long periods of time with no sleep what-so-ever, some greater than 40 days continuously.

You might think that this lack of natural sleep would be incredibly bad for health and personality - you would be right.

In several of the documented cases of individuals who have this type of narcolepsy, after remaining awake for an extended period of time with absolutely no sleep, the person entered a state of permanent shock, more commonly known as death.

That's right, death from lack of sleep.

Not that this takes away from your op, but it may reinforce some of the ideas you present in OP.

For example, aside from destroying the body physically, the mind deteriorates and everyday reality becomes unrecognizeable for those afflicted with this form of genetically transferred narcolepsy.

They begin seeing things that aren't there for the everyday, healthy person. They begin to think they are in part of some bigger agenda, while hallucinating and recoiling back into whatever comfort zone they have left.

As the time without sleep passes, the condition worsens. Even when under strict medical supervision and having the benfit of medications to help with their conditions, most patients remain unable to sleep - while their loved ones, as well as the doctors, must be forced to watch them die a slow and mentally taxing death.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would like to point out that this statement is not true, as there are people who have gone insanely long periods of time with no sleep what-so-ever, some greater than 40 days continuously.

Hello...Theres a difference between insomnia and not sleeping at all and the longest "verified under observation" without sleep is around 11 days...or maybe 14,i have read different accounts, but Guinness says its 11...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
you stole your idea from dark city

DARK CITY - IMDB

there is nothing new under the sun.

I wish I could star and flag you, I couldn't read past the first page when they obviously did not read the first post after the OP....

Also - Shameless plug that lists some more movie ideas for the OP to thread up

Fact or Fiction? You already decided.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The fact that you typed that and I can read and begin to understand your theory. means that the people around us,programmed us alike.

"programming" programming,bieng the chosen word. I know someone would know it,if I called it "going out of orbit" but I will just call it programming.

Are they "programming" the computer or "going out of orbit" with the computer. Either way ,it means the same thing.

And if you know that last "theory" then I just programmed you.

The truth is,you dont just "grow up" every one,thing,place,creature. may affect your "programming".

Most people like to "program" others to do their "work".

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by KristinLynnxo
Also, what is our subconciousness and why do we only use 3% of our consciousness? More interestingly how does anyone measure our full consciousness to deduct it to the actual use of only 3% consciousness?

last time i checked our brain is 95% active whilst awake and 98% active whilst asleep!

maybe you use 3%

but majority use 95%

a dog use 40% of their cranial capacity just for survival instincts

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
or, we i could just be tired.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Actually science has discovered exactly why we need to sleep, what happens if we don't sleep, and what happens while we sleep. Although facts disprove your theory, still, c'mon, that's a little out there I'd say.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Problem is, i've stayed up for about 72 hours and my brain never stopped working. I was tired as hell, but the data kept flowing. Not to mention vivid dreaming, and the recap of the day.

Its a nice thought, with the possibility of some semblance of truth.... maybe, but I wouldn't invest my faith in it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheftim59
or, we i could just be tired.

Now you've lost me

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join