It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can spells heard on television affect the person watching?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Sound waves and Visual waves from sender to receiver, possible depending on the strength of potential receiver..
edit on 11/8/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

You're just being paranoid. Spells, magic, ghosts, etc. are all make believe and are probably rooted in stories that parents used to tell their kids in order to scare them into obedience. Sort of like what the catholic church tried to do when they invented hell. Just being good and following Christ wasn't a good enough incentive for people to give up money to the church, so they reinterpreted words that originally translated into "grave" and made up "hell" to scare people. There are certainly "evil" people who do bad things, but they are not "demons" nor are they "posessed". The brain is a powerful thing and if you truly believe that someone has cast a spell on you or something similar your brain can make it happen just because you believe it - but that doesn't mean that the spell was real. Still, if that kind of stuff bothers you - the simple solution is to not watch it at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by B3lz3buth
Im not sure about the demons and evil stuff, but i agree that TV is a dumbing crap learning machine.

Just wanna share my experience with you folks.

About 3 years ago i totally quit TV. I cancelled my cable service and given all my tv set up ( Tv, dvd, home cinema etc...) to friends who want it.

My life quality improved 100%, it feel soooooo good to throw the lying machine out...

You can get all the info / movies / serie / shows you wants on the internet FREE with NO PUBLICITY and watch it at the time YOU choose.

edit on 8/11/2011 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

You totally quit TV? Nope. You just changed the way you watch the programming. You got rid of the television, but you're still watching the shows; just on the computer instead. That's like saying you quit shooting drugs; now you just snort or smoke them.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I had a cousin , , He was a regular guy as far as I knew.. But after several years of not seeing him around was told he was the mental hospital ., Says the TV is WATCHING US !! And friend... he firmly believes it !!
This all being right before all the HDTV wizbangs. I often wonder if he wasnt right ! and just ahead of his time !.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

heheh right, Like,, I quit smoking !. Now I smoke electronic cigarets .LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
In short Yes! the spells you hear on tv ARE affecting you.

An old man told me once that there is no such thing as entertainment.....and kind of left it as an open ended statement to me. What was meant by that statement is that EVERYTHING that occurs that you perceive is a STIMULUS that can and does affect you. Its just a matter of how much.

The other part of it is how suseptible you are to certain stimuli and what accomodations you make for the stimulus. But it's TV magic, possibly using fake words/spells/incantations/imagery. At best it just soaks into your subconscious mind, unused and indeterminate in its effect on you. Worse case, you watched a TV show and soaked up pre-programming for evil spirits to take you over at a later date. I think it's most likely the former......
edit on 11/8/2011 by balanc3 because: oops

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RainbeauBleu

I did mention blood, that falls under bodily fluids... not like I am in medicine or anything...oh wait I am!

I had not heard of that perfume...blech, star for the new info factor

I guess it would only work if it actually had blood and semen in it... I believe the FDA would have an issue with that

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The assumptions of all these New Age, Scott Cunningham type, pseudo witches and wizards just astounds me, add to that the people that believe everything they see and hear and its no wonder false beliefs, paranoia, superstition, and the lower forms of manipulation work. If you feel attacked by the previous statement then this lesson is for you. I have come to the point with this subject that I no longer pull punches. First, stop and realize that emotions belong to the one feeling them, they are not caused by me or any other person or event. They are caused by reactions to learned responses so put them aside and listen up, you just might learn something.

The above paragraph is an example of emotional manipulation, one of the lowest forms of magic and one of the most used and understood. It is used by those in the position of assumed authority ie. police judges, teachers, religious leaders, the media, and other "con-men" in order to gather followers and assert their assumed authority over others. The more believable truths you put with your lies the easier the whole package is believed. This is the key/basics of all magic. let me explain.

The Human mind has the ability to do anything it desires with a single thought. We all have the ability to create in and manipulate the world around us. Why do people not do this? Well many people are caught up in the mundane physical world and are lost to it. There are some that have begun their journey into understanding by using tools to obtain and maintain focus. Examples of these tools are chants, incantations, spells, amulets, etc. And there are a few that have learned to focus strong enough that tools are no longer needed and the manipulation of matter and/or creation is done by intent alone.

So, the answer to your question OP, is Yes, but it takes more than the person on the screen chanting, conjuring, or casting spells to activate them. It is the amount of focus and belief that the watcher puts into it. It is the watcher/believer that actually creates the reality not the person casting the spell. In fact curses multiply in power because the recipient believes.

How does one overcome this? Easier said than done, but the simple answer is overcome and let go of fear, be aware of your own personal intent, maintain your own personal authority instead of passing it off to another person or "higher power", and take responsibility for your own thoughts and actions.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

When I was a kid my sister and I were watching a TV. The narrator was casting a spell to turn someone into a frog or something. When I looked round my sister was gone and sitting on the couch was a big green frog..
But really I dont know the answer to your question, I guess it is how much you belief the spell will work..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

An old man told me once that there is no such thing as entertainment.....and kind of left it as an open ended statement to me. What was meant by that statement is that EVERYTHING that occurs that you perceive is a STIMULUS that can and does affect you. Its just a matter of how much.
reply to post by balanc3

Your brain doesn't distinguish between real or fantasy. If you think it, it is real to your brain. You can use this to your advantage. You can re imagine events and frame them in a way that suits you. Your brain will drop some stress, at least.

As far as spells and entities go, I would visualize actually removing them and setting a boundary. I didn't believe in anything like that once upon a time and the universe decided to show me another level of reality. I'm out of denial. Good Luck to all the non-believers. May you enjoy your peace and beliefs. My path somehow includes all this other stuff I never even wanted to consider....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Something Ophiuchus 13 said got me thinking and that's the use of sound waves in terms of technology in accordance to magic(k),i'v read how when certin spells are cast on you one way to tell is the ringing of ones ear, this would seem in to include sound waves in terms of application, i'v also read where types of direct energy weapons (DEWS) include the same symptoms of ringing in the ear.

To which i deduct from what i'v read that both scenarios occur,ringing in the ear because of both magic(k) and technology,now if you don't know who Ted Gunderson is he's the former head of the F.B.I in San Francisco,now he's on the record as saying that Satanic groups are used as front groups for the C.I.A within certin black op mission's, so it seems both entities (the C.I.A and groups that cast magic(k)) have a connection and i think it has it's base on sound waves.

As to who came up with the concept of sound waves and how they can be used is up for conjecture but one things for sure shadow elements of the government and certin cabals don't seem to be putting them to good use.

Which means to the OP just the vibration your T.V makes on silent sound could be perceived as some type of magic(k) if used in the right way.

edit on 8-11-2011 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I don't think that spells can affect people, period.

Words are just word and there is no magical order of words that can make magic things happen.

The closest thing to a spell on TV is perhaps subliminal advertising in commercials and TV shows. But that is not really a spell....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
We are not supposed to expose ourselves to that kind of stuff. However, as long as we remember that we have One on our side who is much more powerful than Satan can ever think of being, we have nothing to worry about when we happen to see something like that.

1 John 4:4(KJV)
4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yes. TV was first developed, the cathode tube as an instrument for EVP, ie. communicating interdimensionally. And its a stargate type thing, with frequencies. It is at the frequency for human brainwave as well. YES.

Now computers is something to. The entire programming language is based on Spelling and Cursive and its all coded so even using your mouse is committing a curse.

But I denounce and renounce all negativity and send all karma back to the ones digging the pit and I see computers as communication devices and those commiitting the crimes as the ones guilty. I also close the gates on all negatives.

However, if there is one monitoring, then I point it that they need to be happy and not hang out at the bottom of the muck pile, and make U-Turns and work with God/Goodness to go back home. Then I denounce and renounce all negativity and harm of others.

The answer is yes. But like Voodoo you have to believe or be very lost and low frequency. Intent of heart is everything.

www.ouijaexperiment.com...

www.techgnosis.com...

Also research phantamasgoria.
edit on 8-11-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SHABBYCAT

i would say yes, because just reciting words can bring things (demons or not) to you. Words can be powerful things. When reading books about magic and there are incantations and the likes, most authors remind you not to read with your voice or lips, just your eyes, to avoid any unwarranted scenarios.

Now, is summoning something like a demon quite complex? yea, needs a specific seal for whoever and then some other crap on top of words, but do the words alone have power? imo yes. The ultimate question is would you take a chance?

Lastly i think in most cases you wouldnt be dealing with an actual summoning or anything but the negative vibrations from the incantation can be damaging to you (unpleasant) just as much as audio therapy can (and does) help people relax or relieve stress or access chakras and such.

Dont be too scared of anything, but be mindful.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I don't think that spells can affect people, period.

Words are just word and there is no magical order of words that can make magic things happen.

The closest thing to a spell on TV is perhaps subliminal advertising in commercials and TV shows. But that is not really a spell....

spells work on the same basis as placebos. if you believe in something(faith) and focus on it(casting), you will it into existence. there's no trick or "gift" to it like Hollywood is portraying. Its less Harry Potter, more self conviction and determination.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It depends on how much those spells capture your attention. For instance, the mood you are in affects how you see the world around you. If you're in a bad mood, you see everything as crap. In a good mood, everything you see is great.

There was an experiment where people were shown an incomplete drawing of a sailboat, a few lines and the mind fills in the rest. When people were show the picture with paintings of the ocean on the walls, they were much more likely to determine that the picture was in fact a sailboat.

If that spell captures your attention and sticks in your head, it can change what you experience. That's why most magical practices have banishing rituals, which are just a means of removing your attention from something that could shape your reality in an undesired way.
edit on 8-11-2011 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
To answer the thread title with a question:

Have you ever fell for propaganda in the news/promises from commercial advertisements before?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
ever since i could remember, every time i would be watching a show on t.v and the person would start summoning demons, or they would start chanting spells i would mute the t.v until they were done, in fear that somehow these spells and chantings coming through my tv speakers would actually manifest somehow in my house.

now my question is...is could this really happen? or am i being too paranoid?

I would like to know what shows you are watching. I find it very unlikely that they are actually doing summonings or chanting real spells. I guess I'm saying that perhaps you are a smidge paranoid.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
funny I have wondered that too.
I was watching a show about Crowley once and had to mute it because it freaked me out.
I'd rather not take a chance myself.
There is some scary stuff of youtube too I've gotten sidetracked on.
So I'm with you, I'd rather mute/turn off than take a chance.
Seems logical to me that it could very well happen.

<< 1    3 >>

join