It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can spells heard on television affect the person watching?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
ever since i could remember, every time i would be watching a show on t.v and the person would start summoning demons, or they would start chanting spells i would mute the t.v until they were done, in fear that somehow these spells and chantings coming through my tv speakers would actually manifest somehow in my house.

now my question is...is could this really happen? or am i being too paranoid?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What? no your being way too paranoid
edit on 8-11-2011 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I chanted a spell at you just now and am sealing it with this sentence. Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
oh come on now, thats just plain mean!

well time to shutdown the computer

edit on 8-11-2011 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I've always had that same concern since I was young especially after watching Child's Play (the part where hes summoning the spirit into the man's body). I figured that its being chanted regardless of the moment wether being there or watching on tv. I did experience something once when i watched Ghost Adventures. They talked about a ghost attacking someone at 3:30 am. It was a young girl that died in a fire. Later that night, I ended up waking up exactly at 3:30 feeling very hot and the girls name resounded loudly in my head.

Im also wary about remembering all these chants for fear of having them being repeated in my head at odd hours of the night

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
I chanted a spell at you just now and am sealing it with this sentence. Have a nice day.

You are going to scare the fundies... ;P

Generally in order to do any "spell casting" one must have certain objects in order to make the magick work.
Targeting a spell against someone requires either their full name, and more importantly "parts" of that person, e.g. blood, seminal fluid, hair, finger nails, anything that is them (Some will tell you any cherished object) so you are safe there.

Summoning demons however requires everything I just mentioned (bodily fluids usually yours if your conscientious) and complex seals, language, and most importantly WILL, you have to really be on the same level as what you are trying to summon, same hunger, hate, depravity.

It really is a complex nasty business which leads to serious soul threatening problems, I don't recommend it.
However my point in explaining all this is to let you know that in no way are you any way threatened by anything that happens on T.V. by some writer that is looking to make the next teeny bop vampire vogue charts.
So that is about it in a nutshell. hope it helps allay your fears a little.
Blessed be and may you be protected from all that would harm you

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

'Alex - I'll take "Too paranoid" for $2000.' Seriously, if every time you watch tv you think hear someone summoning demons, it's time to seek professional help, counseling and medication. Not only is that not normal, it is downright abnormal. For the sake of your mental health, please seek help.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by k1k1to
ever since i could remember, every time i would be watching a show on t.v and the person would start summoning demons, or they would start chanting spells i would mute the t.v until they were done, in fear that somehow these spells and chantings coming through my tv speakers would actually manifest somehow in my house.

now my question is...is could this really happen? or am i being too paranoid?

This has got to be one of the most original questions I have read on ATS!

It sort of reminds me of holding my breath while passing a cemetary when I was younger, out of the fear a ghost would steal my breath!

Honestly, if you have to worry about something like this, you need to change the channel! LOL, now that's a pun! You are channeling these demons by tuning in!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

every time i would be watching a show on t.v and the person would start summoning demons, or they would start chanting spells

I need a example of the tv shows you watch to be able to study the rituals and spells. ( FOX don't cast spells, they cast Bull... )

What you heard and qualify as a spells and summons ?

Heard these in horror, sci-fi movies ? You talk about plain sight fake movie spells and ritual or something more sinister hidden in everydays shows ?

Give us some flesh around the bone...

edit on 8/11/2011 by B3lz3buth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If you fall asleep watching that stuff, it might give you some real nasty dreams! That's evil. I've had one instance where something was in my home after watching some paranormal stuff.

Make boundaries and lock that stuff out if you know how to. That takes care of the problem for me. The question is: Is it worth it to watch that stuff to begin with? I gotta admit that I like Celebrity Ghost Stories and Ghost Adventures a little. I watch them when I have insomnia and apathy late at night. There isn't much on late. All my expensive channels turn into paid programming. So much for $100/month on Satellite Tv. If I wasn't married to a moron (just kidding, really), I wouldn't even have paid TV. I'm an internet addict, really.
edit on 8/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: feeling chatty

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This reminds me of when I was a little girl. I used to be terrified of Mr. Rogers, I thought he could see me through the TV and that he had nefarious intentions. I'd hide behind the couch when his show came on. kids. lol

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
You should really just turn off the TV all together if your worried about deamons. Nothing AND I MEAN NOTHING goes on the tv just for entertainment. Its made to brain wash you and possibly posses you with evil entity's. I do not think your paranoid and think you under stand that the TV is not to be trusted. Look at the symbolism in ALL TV SHOWS even on the net works logo's. Its all occult, you may sound crazy to the average person but not me. Just turn it off.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Actually you can be affected, if a spell was chanted at the right frequancy u can subconciously manifest something in your own realm ur not paranoid paranoia is the highest level of alertness there is magic being used everywhere knowledge is power and kabala voodoo black and white magick is not what you think it is power of suggestion my friend that's why the news is a powerfull form of magic

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Funny to read OP question..
I have thought that every time I see an episode of Supernatural.

"For all we know" those chants could be actual rituals or spells... and Could manifest through the TV. ?
Words are very powerful, and sometimes spooky just to hear .

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I read the Necronomicon ages ago and at the end of one of the chapters it says something like - do not show this to the uninitiated least their souls be damned for eternity. And I thought why the heck wouldnt you tell me that at the start of the chapter

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
no because spells aren't real?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

Summoning demons however requires everything I just mentioned (bodily fluids usually yours if your conscientious) and complex seals, language, and most importantly WILL, you have to really be on the same level as what you are trying to summon, same hunger, hate, depravity.

How about blood? Lady GaGa's new perfume has undertones of blood and semen. The blood is hers. Combined with music, videos and performances that look like ritual sacrifice at the VMAs?! Her little monsters could conjure something up collectively, no?

Lady Gaga’s first perfume would smell like “blood and semen” as it is reported in early January. Gaga said the scent of her perfume will contain blood which would come out of her own body, but where the semen might come from is still a secret. A perfume that smells like “an expensive hooker”, Lady Gaga Perfume is coming soon…

Source

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Im not sure about the demons and evil stuff, but i agree that TV is a dumbing crap learning machine.

Just wanna share my experience with you folks.

About 3 years ago i totally quit TV. I cancelled my cable service and given all my tv set up ( Tv, dvd, home cinema etc...) to friends who want it.

My life quality improved 100%, it feel soooooo good to throw the lying machine out...

You can get all the info / movies / serie / shows you wants on the internet FREE with NO PUBLICITY and watch it at the time YOU choose.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I completely understand how you feel. I don't know if those shows can cast "SPELLS" but i believe the tv can be a door to let things in your home that you don't want. I have watched shows like you are talking about and i have had trouble with hearing and seeing things in my home after watching them. I thought it was just me being scared because of watching them until some of my family members were experiencing things also. I think you are smart to be wary. I am careful of what i watch now.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Lol don't feel bad ,I have been stamped with approval for having a sound mind ,and I do the SAME THING. I wouldn't even watch the video in that movie ......I forget what its called......the Ring??? Anyway I think its fine as long as your not ruining your life. When things impede on your life or cause you to miss out on life then its an issue.

<<   2  3 >>

join